Guns Everywhere? Sounds good to me

Sure there is. You simply choose to ignore it. That's not to say there isn't anomalies.

Places that have strict gun control laws has the most gun related crime. Where gun control laws are lax there is less gun related crime.

Back that up with some links and we can discuss. I find large cities definitely have more gun related crime. But that is just common sense.

It's been backed up countless times on these boards.

Countless statistics reveal that increasing gun control in countries does not reduce crime.

Banning guns won’t stop violence. There have been killing sprees with knives and bombs. Three people were killed and 264 injured when the Tsarnaev brothers set off two bombs at the Boston Marathon in April earlier this year. In September, a student in Houston stabbed four other students with a knife at Spring High School, killing one of them.

It is generally illegal to make a bomb, whereas owning a knife is generally not illegal. This reveals that it does not matter whether a particular type of weapon is banned or not; deranged people do not care about the law.

Gun Control Laws Wouldn't Stop Senseless Shootings – They Would Cause More

Now we jump to countries. Denmark has fewer guns and more gun control than us, why do they have a much lower homicide rate?

So you don't even understand the chart. How surprising. Read again the population of the state doesn't matter. Post again when you understand the numbers in the chart.

I understand the chart but I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

Both states has guns, both states have crime. What's your point?

If more guns equals less gun murder then Wyoming would have the least murder. New Hampshire has far less guns and less gun murder than Wyoming, so the theory doesn't hold.

If you understood the chart you wouldn't have asked your dumb population question.

and DC would have the least

I'm guessing you don't understand the chart

Back that up with some links and we can discuss. I find large cities definitely have more gun related crime. But that is just common sense.

It's been backed up countless times on these boards.

Countless statistics reveal that increasing gun control in countries does not reduce crime.

Banning guns won’t stop violence. There have been killing sprees with knives and bombs. Three people were killed and 264 injured when the Tsarnaev brothers set off two bombs at the Boston Marathon in April earlier this year. In September, a student in Houston stabbed four other students with a knife at Spring High School, killing one of them.

It is generally illegal to make a bomb, whereas owning a knife is generally not illegal. This reveals that it does not matter whether a particular type of weapon is banned or not; deranged people do not care about the law.

Gun Control Laws Wouldn't Stop Senseless Shootings – They Would Cause More

Now we jump to countries. Denmark has fewer guns and more gun control than us, why do they have a much lower homicide rate?

now for the real important part. tell us how much homicide did they have before their gun control? What rate did these laws drop their rate by?

Vermont and Utah have lower ownership and lower rate of gun murder. Your theory seems flawed.
That is not correct. Vermont and Utah have one of the highest gun ownership rates at 42% and 43.9% respectively.

Vermont is one of the more gun friendly states, as it does not require a permit of any kind for open nor concealed carry.

Sorry I ment relative to Wyoming. If your theory were true they would have a higer rate of gun crime because ownership is much lower than Wyoming.

How about New Hampshire?
Wyoming has the highest rate of gun ownership at 59.7 percent and a low gun murder rate of 0.9 percent.

New Hampshire has a gun ownership rate of 30 percent which is significant and a gun murder rate of 0.4 percent which is quite low.

Both of these states clearly illustrate that high gun ownership rates will result in lower gun murder rates.

That is not correct. Vermont and Utah have one of the highest gun ownership rates at 42% and 43.9% respectively.

Vermont is one of the more gun friendly states, as it does not require a permit of any kind for open nor concealed carry.

Sorry I ment relative to Wyoming. If your theory were true they would have a higer rate of gun crime because ownership is much lower than Wyoming.

How about New Hampshire?
Wyoming has the highest rate of gun ownership at 59.7 percent and a low gun murder rate of 0.9 percent.

New Hampshire has a gun ownership rate of 30 percent which is significant and a gun murder rate of 0.4 percent which is quite low.

Both of these states clearly illustrate that high gun ownership rates will result in lower gun murder rates.

30 is actually very low on the list.

How about New Hampshire?

Louisiana has a significant gun ownership rate, and the highest gun murder rate of any state.

How about New Hampshire?

Considering that Texas has a gun ownership rate of 35.9%, 30% is quite significant for New Hampshire. Almost one third of the population.

Considering that Texas has a gun ownership rate of 35.9%, 30% is quite significant for New Hampshire. Almost one third of the population.

So what states don't have significant gun ownership? What about Hawaii? Sorry I think there is no correlation.

Missouri has the second highest murder rate of the states and has a gun ownership rate higher than Texas or New Hampshire.

How about New Hampshire?

Louisiana has a significant gun ownership rate, and the highest gun murder rate of any state.

Here's what I stated when I posted the chart:
States with high levels of gun ownership, generally have lower gun related murders.

If you look at the entire chart, and get a sense of the big picture, you'll realize that states or districts with high gun ownership rates generally do have lower gun related murders. Louisiana is the exception to the rule.

D.C. which has the lowest gun ownership rate on the chart, also has the highest gun murder rate on the chart.

Bottom line is criminals will be more inclined to commit gun related crimes when they know that the only resistance they will likely encounter will be from police. Even then, police take time to respond to a call, and criminals know this.

Criminals generally don't give a rat's ass if you are armed or not. They make a living by breaking the law, and expect to be confronted at any moment by an armed policeman. Therefor, they have armed themselves and don't much care who points a gun at them. Their goal is simply to shoot first. A person in business of breaking the law is much more likely to fire on an armed citizen than an unarmed citizen., who, after all, is not much of a threat. The same is true of the police.

Last edited:

States with high levels of gun ownership, generally have lower gun related murders.

If you look at the entire chart, and get a sense of the big picture, you'll realize that states or districts with high gun ownership rates generally do have lower gun related murders. Louisiana is the exception to the rule.

D.C. which has the lowest gun ownership rate on the chart, also has the highest gun murder rate on the chart.

Bottom line is criminals will be more inclined to commit gun related crimes when they know that the only resistance they will likely encounter will be from police. Even then, police take time to respond to a call, and criminals know this.

The big picture really seems to show that there is no correlation. Louisiana, Missouri, and South Carolina are all in the top 5 highest murder rates, but they all have significant gun ownership. DC really isn't a state so I'm not sure how it fits in this group. Meanwhile Hawaii has almost no guns and is one of the lowest murder rates. It all adds up to no correlation. Certainly more guns has no correlation as those with the highest ownership rates are not all the lowest murder rates.

The big picture really seems to show that there is no correlation. Louisiana, Missouri, and South Carolina are all in the top 5 highest murder rates, but they all have significant gun ownership. DC really isn't a state so I'm not sure how it fits in this group. Meanwhile Hawaii has almost no guns and is one of the lowest murder rates. It all adds up to no correlation. Certainly more guns has no correlation as those with the highest ownership rates are not all the lowest murder rates.

bfb9904c0b2f2daef4f4c0c9fdcf383a.png

Two new studies confirm gun control's worst nightmare: More guns, less crime | Examiner.com

because dc is an independent jurisdiction with it own laws. fact is, the states with tough laws, low gun ownership have high murder rates.

bfb9904c0b2f2daef4f4c0c9fdcf383a.png

Two new studies confirm gun control's worst nightmare: More guns, less crime | Examiner.com

So you've abandoned the other chart then?

look at the starts with the lowest ownership. DC, Delaware, CA FL, NY. some of the highest rates. proportionately, state with the highest percent of guns have the lowest rates. no contest there

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

because dc is an independent jurisdiction with it own laws. fact is, the states with tough laws, low gun ownership have high murder rates.

If it was a fact then Hawaii wouldn't have one of the lowest ownership rates and lowest gun murder rates.

Forum List

Back