Who pays tariffs?

Import companies pay tariffs. It cuts their profits. If they attempt to pass along tariffs by raising prices, customers will buy from non-tariff competitors.
Meanwhile back in reality...

If you’re Stanley and you make a tape measure for example and you’re somewhat profitable in 2016....

Then in 2017, The price of your foreign competitors is artificially inflated to be higher than yours.

What do you do in 2018? Do you keep selling for the same price or do you keep your price 1 or 2 percent above your competitor?

If you’re smart and...I don’t know...want to make a profit...you set your price point at about the same rate you had it before except now instead of making $5 per unit, you’re making $6 or $7.

There is a reason that during these supposedly troubled economic times that corporations are posting record profits.

Its disappointing that some can’t figure out why.

Oh yeah, I forgot, it’s the deep state causing it.

You know Tesla’s are made in America right? When Elon sees his competition increase their price, guess what he’s gonna do…
Made in America and in communist mainland china

Musk taught the chicoms most of what they know about building electric cars

Hmmm...there is this thing called math.

When you make the price higher, it’s accurate to say the price has been inflated.

Do you have trouble with such basic concepts?
And, there's this thing called ducking and dodging that you are currently engaged in doing. One last chance, which tariffs did Quid Pro Joe enact that contributed to inflation and which ones didn't?

See my multiple and lengthy answering of this question.

The U.S treasury takes in the funds. If a company chooses to pass that on to the consumer that is up to them, you as a consumer don't have to buy Made in China.

Tariffs are VERY popular worldwide. Best applied in my opinion to abusive trade nations or to reciprocate their tariff.

Now I am not a big supporter of tariffs except in strategic situations. As a technical reality though, in short, NO, consumers do NOT pay directly for the tariff.
Customers...consumers pay the tariffs.

Trump never attending classes at Wharton. He was making the scene riding abound with his father's chauffeur.

Made in America and in communist mainland china

Musk taught the chicoms most of what they know about building electric cars
Tesla’s are the most “made in America “ car on the market

And, there's this thing called ducking and dodging that you are currently engaged in doing. One last chance, which tariffs did Quid Pro Joe enact that contributed to inflation and which ones didn't?
So you’re stating that prices going up has no factor on inflation?

Yes, it is consumers who end up paying the tariffs! Does anyone disagree?

Actually, President Trump is right, when the foreign regime is subsidizing the products they are importing here. They have to provide more subsidies to the manufacturer in order to maintain their market share. "Technically" speaking, the libs may be "right", but the result of the tariffs in the kind of situation that President Trump faces, is no difference to the customer, but more government subsidies and expenses for the Red Chinese, and more taxes to the US government.

Yes, it is consumers who end up paying the tariffs! Does anyone disagree?
No shit, dumbass. Tariffs are paid by people who decide to spend more on imported goods. Those who decide not to, don’t. You’re not very bright.

Actually, President Trump is right, when the foreign regime is subsidizing the products they are importing here. They have to provide more subsidies to the manufacturer in order to maintain their market share. "Technically" speaking, the libs may be "right", but the result of the tariffs in the kind of situation that President Trump faces, is no difference to the customer, but more government subsidies and expenses for the Red Chinese, and more taxes to the US government.
He's full of shit. The consumer ultimately pays the price of tariffs. Period.
Doesn't Trump get a lot of his shit made in China? :)

See my multiple and lengthy answering of this question.

The U.S treasury takes in the funds. If a company chooses to pass that on to the consumer that is up to them, you as a consumer don't have to buy Made in China.

Tariffs are VERY popular worldwide. Best applied in my opinion to abusive trade nations or to reciprocate their tariff.

Now I am not a big supporter of tariffs except in strategic situations. As a technical reality though, in short, NO, consumers do NOT pay directly for the tariff.
It's hard to find products not made in China now days since the vast majority of companies outsource the manufacturing take advantage of sweat shops

Forum List

Back