Who pays tariffs?

fify

Tariffs are paid by US companies every country importing products. These companies then pass the costs on to the consumers.

That's a wash. Now talk policy.

fify

Tariffs are paid by US companies every country importing products. These companies then pass the costs on to the consumers.

That's a wash. Now talk policy.
It’s not a wash. The POINT of a tariff is to make the imported goods more expensive TO THE CONSUMER

Yes, it is consumers who end up paying the tariffs! Does anyone disagree?

Who pays for an increase in corporate taxes? How is that any different? In both cases, the increase is passed on to the consumers. The big difference is that placing a tariff on an import and keeping corporate taxes low encourages domestic production of that import because they feel like they can be competitive. Raising corporate taxes and not placing tariffs on imports does the opposite because domestic corporations are unable to compete with imported goods.

We are dependent on Chinese products . Tariffs just make them cost more
Tariffs limit chinese products in America

For instance make chinese EVs so expensive that no one will buy them

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
The tariffs also triggered the extended American manufacturing recession in 2019.

Limbaugh told these people that the (R) after their name made them economic geniuses. And of course, they believed him.

pZuMeOk.gif

Meh.
Harris thinks wasting trillions of tax dollars on green energy is going to save us by creating low productivity "green jobs".

Tariffs limit chinese products in America

For instance make chinese EVs so expensive that no one will buy them
Do you think EVs are the only products imported?

You’d make virtually everything we buy more expensive.

Thanks

If they face competition, of course. I was in my MBA if it matters. You are the one who has been duped. the prices of producing prodicts went down significantly when manufacturers shipped their jobs overseas. Yet, have you ever seen a big price decrease as a consumer? In theory, if they make a car in Mexico or China, the price of the prodict should go down,.right? it didnt, they just increased their margins. Well now, the tarriff they pay may provide opportunity for the local manufacturer to have a level playing field for some of the slave labor wages and lack of environmental rules their competitiors.enjoy in communist China for instance. Its not ideal, but what other tools.do you have to.reign in China? It will.also allow the U.S to negotiate harder with China to demand thst they consume U.S products. There is a reason Biden didnt lift tariffs.
Price on established products is whatever the market will bear. Cost new costs savings, rarely get passed to consumers, accustomed to the old price. So, do cars get sold for less than market value, due to moving production to Mexico? NO. I hope no company depended on your accumen from your MBA. Most investors would rather have the money and return on investment of their stock purchase dollars.
You and Donald can keep your new tariff wars to fund tax relief to the oligarchy, as tariffs are always bad for the consumer, the ones paying the costs. Luckily, you will not have a vote.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Price on established products is whatever the market will bear. Cost new costs savings, rarely get passed to consumers, accustomed to the old price. So, do cars get sold for less than market value, due to moving production to Mexico? NO. I hope no company depended on your accumen from your MBA. Most investors would rather have the money and return on investment of their stock purchase dollars.
You and Donald can keep your new tariff wars to fund tax relief to the oligarchy, as tariffs are always bad for the consumer, the ones paying the costs. Luckily, you will not have a vote.

Is raising corporate taxes bad for the consumer? This is what Democrats want.

Do you think EVs are the only products imported?

You’d make virtually everything we buy more expensive.

Thanks
EVs figure heavily in the chicom’s plans to dominate the US and germany

EV’s are a sacred cow for libs who are obsessed with the climate change doomsday hoax

EVs figure heavily in the chicom’s plans to dominate the US and germany

EV’s are a sacred cow for libs who are obsessed with the climate change doomsday hoax
You skipped right over everything else said

Did an EV steal your lunch?

New costs like higher taxes?

You skipped right over everything else said

Did an EV steal your lunch?
All you said was that tariff’s raise prices, which I have already conceded

While ignoring my point about your beloved EV’s

Import companies pay tariffs. It cuts their profits. If they attempt to pass along tariffs by raising prices, customers will buy from non-tariff competitors.

Forum List

Back