Who pays tariffs?

All you said was that tariff’s raise prices, which I have already conceded

While ignoring my point about your beloved EV’s
I don’t particularly like EVs . Now hybrids are a different story

Import companies pay tariffs. It cuts their profits. If they attempt to pass along tariffs by raising prices, customers will buy from non-tariff competitors.
Yeah? Where ya gonna find those? Almost everything we buy comes from China

That’s odd. What sources do you have that say any such thing?
Hmmm, there was this poster....

"There is your inflation right there (in some cases)."

If tariffs cause inflation, what tariffs did Quid Pro joe enact that caused inflation to shoot up so drastically the first months of his dread regime?

If tariffs cause inflation, what tariffs did Quid Pro joe enact that caused inflation to shoot up so drastically the first months of his dread regime?
That assumes that ONLY tariffs can cause inflation.

Clearly… stupidly… wrong

New costs like higher taxes?
I was actually referring to the 10-20% of added tariff and the associated even higher costs, due to keeping pricing in line with gross profit margin on costs of goods sold, being passed to middle class consumers, on most goods as Walmart, Lowes, Costco, Target, Home Depot and Amazon.com. You know, the everyday items, middle and lower income consumers buy at a greater rate (compared to income) than the wealthier of our country. That is the real reason, for wanting to change to Tariff instead of progressive taxation, so the middle and lower incomes can pick up the burden of the higher income groups. It will not fly. Trump is going to lose.

If you want lower taxes on high income, hire better accountants, lawyers and keep better records. I have no problem with mine. I just sent in some more, yesterday. It is worth it to me, to live here.

I was actually referring to the 10-20% of added tariff and the associated even higher costs, due to keeping pricing in line with gross profit margin on costs of goods sold, being passed to middle class consumers, on most goods as Walmart, Lowes, Costco, Target, Home Depot and Amazon.com. You know, the everyday items, middle and lower income consumers buy at a greater rate (compared to income) than the wealthier of our country. That is the real reason, for wanting to change to Tariff instead of progressive taxation, so the middle and lower incomes can pick up the burden of the higher income groups. It will not fly. Trump is going to lose.

If you want lower taxes on high income, hire better accountants, lawyers and keep better records. I have no problem with mine. I just sent in some more, yesterday. It is worth it to me, to live here.
Pathetic dodge

Pathetic dodge
Spoken like another dufus, that never had to set pricing to support a corporate business model. You could take a 101 bus course, then perhaps you would understand.

I don’t particularly like EVs . Now hybrids are a different story
By “you” I mean the left collectively

And they are all-in for electric cars

And, the chicoms fully intend to dominate that market if we allow them

By “you” I mean the left collectively

And they are all-in for electric cars

And, the chicoms fully intend to dominate that market if we allow them
What happened to your buddy Elon?

Hmmm...there is this thing called math.

When you make the price higher, it’s accurate to say the price has been inflated.

Do you have trouble with such basic concepts?

Yeah? Where ya gonna find those? Almost everything we buy comes from China
Then China will have to drop their prices to keep US buying their stuff. Soon things will be made in other countries without tariffs.
China_share_chart.jpg

Last edited:
What happened to your buddy Elon?
I have never met elon musk and he’s not my buddy

He was no less foolish than the CEO’s of all the western car companies that rushed to manufacture in china

Then China will have to drop their prices to keep US buying their stuff. Soon things will be made in other countries without tariffs.
How does that work? When we buy almost everything from them and all of it gets whacked with tariffs. … there isn’t the kind of competition that would make that happen

I have never met elon musk and he’s not my buddy

He was no less foolish than the CEO’s of all the western car companies that rushed to manufacture in china
You know Tesla’s are made in America right? When Elon sees his competition increase their price, guess what he’s gonna do…

Forum List

Back