Half-term ex-governor Sarah Palin compares herself to Margaret Thatcher

If you recall, George Bush thought he was Winston Churchill.

Obama thinks he's Lincoln, Reagan, FDR, whoever, one thing is for sure he's one of the laziest presidents in American history although he does like flying around campaigning in between rounds of golf:eusa_eh:

Bitch-slapping wingnuts like you is the reason I come to USMB. Thank you. :)

You are now my bitch.

Problem is, you were the one of those people saying he couldn't go to his own ranch to take a vacation. How does that work out?

You are now an ant beneath my heel.

Exposing liberal hypocrisy is why I come to USMB. Thank you. :D

Last edited:
This is absurd and outrageous! They is no comparison between the two!

Palin is much cuter!

Regarding the above vacation threads - Bush took much more...

George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

487 days at Camp David
490 days at Crawford Ranch
43 days at Kennebunkport Compound

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Carter took 79 days in 4 years.
Clinton took 152 days in 8 years.

Reagan took 335 days in 8 years.
Bush Sr. took 543 days in 4 years!

So much for the mythological Republican hard worth ethic.

jonox: George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

The Out-of-Towner: While Bush vacationed, 9/11 warnings went unheard

Templar has indeed been bitched out.

Back to the OP and subsequent arguments: neither Obama nor Palin are the equal of Maggie Thatcher.

487 days at Camp David

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Ahh, sorry to burst your bubble buddy, Bush never left the US to go on vacation, he was one flight on AF1 away from being able to help lead in a national crisis. All 1,020 days were spent here in the continental United States.

Obama has gone on vacation to many places around the world, Asia for example, tens of thousands of miles away from Washington D.C. What happens if Obama isn't there to lead in a national crisis?

Not to mention he has already blown nearly $20 million in taxpayer money in doing so. And while we are on this particular subject, all the presidents have used taxpayer money to fund their vacations.

Last edited:

487 days at Camp David

Ahh, sorry to burst your bubble buddy, Bush never left the US to go on vacation, he was one flight on AF1 away from being able to help in a national crisis.

Obama has gone on vacation to many places around the world, Asia for example, tens of thousands of miles away from Washington D.C. Not to mention he has already blown nearly $20 million in taxpayer money in doing so.

And while we are on this particular subject, all the presidents have used taxpayer money to fund their vacations.

Then why are you complaining. I would not let anyone go on expenses paid vacation more than once a year if they were federal government.

Templar has indeed been bitched out.

Back to the OP and subsequent arguments: neither Obama nor Palin are the equal of Maggie Thatcher.

Eh? Why the potshot, Mr. Neutral? Nobody has been bitched out since I backhanded you in our little PM discussion. Yeah, I thought as much.

Good morning!

Ahh, sorry to burst your bubble buddy, Bush never left the US to go on vacation, he was one flight on AF1 away from being able to help in a national crisis.

Obama has gone on vacation to many places around the world, Asia for example, tens of thousands of miles away from Washington D.C. Not to mention he has already blown nearly $20 million in taxpayer money in doing so.

And while we are on this particular subject, all the presidents have used taxpayer money to fund their vacations.

Then why are you complaining. I would not let anyone go on expenses paid vacation more than once a year if they were federal government.

But then you are allowed to take your own vacations. So how is that fair? I'm not complaining, just pointing out a flaw in someone else's argument. And why aren't you castigating any of the Liberal posters here, Mr. Neutral?

LOL, not so neutral now are you?

487 days at Camp David

Ahh, sorry to burst your bubble buddy, Bush never left the US to go on vacation, he was one flight on AF1 away from being able to help lead in a national crisis. All 1,020 days were spent here in the continental United States.

Obama has gone on vacation to many places around the world, Asia for example, tens of thousands of miles away from Washington D.C. What happens if Obama isn't there to lead in a national crisis?

Not to mention he has already blown nearly $20 million in taxpayer money in doing so. And while we are on this particular subject, all the presidents have used taxpayer money to fund their vacations.

Quick question..................can you provide a link that shows Obama was on vacation in Asia? I think it may have been for political reasons.

And....................I'd also be willing to bet that AF1 has enough juice to lead the world from where it's at. Remember when Jr. took to the skies during 9/11?

Finally...........................can you show us where Obama has blown 20 million in taxpayer money for a vacation?

You must be a Bachmann teabagger.

sarah palin thinks she’s margaret thatcher

for the former alaska governor, describing the former prime minister is like looking in a mirror

here’s how a former half-term governor described margaret thatcher in national review today. Sound familiar?
she was at heart a populist taking on the conservative party’s old guard, who disdainfully referred to her as “that woman.” the disdain was mutual. She referred to them as “the not so grand grandees.” as thatcher later said, “it didn’t matter what they called me as long as i got the job done. I mean, to me they were ‘those grandees.’ they just don’t know what life is like. They haven’t been through it. And eventually if they didn’t help our cause, they had to go. But it didn’t bother me too much that they were patronizing like that. Frankly, the people, who are the true gentlemen, deal with others for what they are, not who their father was. Let’s face it: Maybe it took ‘that woman’ to get things done, and the real reason why they said it was because they knew they just hadn’t got it within them to see things through.”
as she continues:
in taking on the “those grandees,” she wasn’t afraid of having strong opinions and fighting for them — something the establishment often found distasteful. British ambassador sir anthony parsons recalled a conversation about this: “she said, ‘you know, tony, i’m very proud that i don’t belong to your class.’ i said, ‘prime minister, what class do you think i belong to?’ she said, ‘i’m talking of course about upper-middle-class intellectuals who see everybody else’s point of view and have none of their own.’” and, of course, like all conservatives and trailblazers, she had to endure more than her share of vicious media attacks. Sir archie hamilton once recounted how he asked thatcher whether she read the daily newspapers. “‘oh no!’ she replied, ‘they make such hurtful and damaging remarks about me and my family, that if i ever read the papers every day, i could never get on with the job i am here to do.’” i know exactly what she meant. And as she said, “i always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because i think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”
et, as they say, cetera.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

we get it. You are afraid====syntholic + moron

Sarah Palin thinks she’s Margaret Thatcher

For the former Alaska governor, describing the former prime minister is like looking in a mirror

Here’s how a former half-term governor described Margaret Thatcher in National Review today. Sound familiar?
She was at heart a populist taking on the Conservative party’s old guard, who disdainfully referred to her as “That Woman.” The disdain was mutual. She referred to them as “the not so grand grandees.” As Thatcher later said, “It didn’t matter what they called me as long as I got the job done. I mean, to me they were ‘Those Grandees.’ They just don’t know what life is like. They haven’t been through it. And eventually if they didn’t help our cause, they had to go. But it didn’t bother me too much that they were patronizing like that. Frankly, the people, who are the true gentlemen, deal with others for what they are, not who their father was. Let’s face it: Maybe it took ‘That Woman’ to get things done, and the real reason why they said it was because they knew they just hadn’t got it within them to see things through.”
As she continues:
In taking on the “Those Grandees,” she wasn’t afraid of having strong opinions and fighting for them — something the establishment often found distasteful. British ambassador Sir Anthony Parsons recalled a conversation about this: “She said, ‘You know, Tony, I’m very proud that I don’t belong to your class.’ I said, ‘Prime Minister, what class do you think I belong to?’ She said, ‘I’m talking of course about upper-middle-class intellectuals who see everybody else’s point of view and have none of their own.’” And, of course, like all conservatives and trailblazers, she had to endure more than her share of vicious media attacks. Sir Archie Hamilton once recounted how he asked Thatcher whether she read the daily newspapers. “‘Oh no!’ she replied, ‘They make such hurtful and damaging remarks about me and my family, that if I ever read the papers every day, I could never get on with the job I am here to do.’” I know exactly what she meant. And as she said, “I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”
Et, as they say, cetera.

You really are desperate...smoke another so you can give the excuse you failed

1 Quick question..................can you provide a link that shows Obama was on vacation in Asia? I think it may have been for political reasons.

2 And....................I'd also be willing to bet that AF1 has enough juice to lead the world from where it's at. Remember when Jr. took to the skies during 9/11?

3 Finally...........................can you show us where Obama has blown 20 million in taxpayer money for a vacation?

You must be a Bachmann teabagger.

1) Who the hell spends 8 days in Myanmar, Japan and Thailand? A President on vacation there of course.

Obama plans to visit Myanmar during upcoming Asia trip, White House says ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

2) You'd be more effective on the ground, in your own country, dumbass.

3) 5 trips to Hawaii, each year since 2008 averaging around $4 million a pop.

Residents Alerted to Obamas? Hawaiian Holiday Plans | Hawaii Reporter

Sorry, you got nothin', have a seat. You must be a clueless Obamabot.

Last edited:

For the former Alaska governor, describing the former prime minister is like looking in a mirror

Gee....what "timing"!!!

sarah-palin-confused-300x188.jpg

handjob.gif

Here’s how a former half-term governor described Margaret Thatcher in National Review today. Sound familiar?
She was at heart a populist taking on the Conservative party’s old guard, who disdainfully referred to her as “That Woman.” The disdain was mutual. She referred to them as “the not so grand grandees.” As Thatcher later said, “It didn’t matter what they called me as long as I got the job done. I mean, to me they were ‘Those Grandees.’ They just don’t know what life is like. They haven’t been through it. And eventually if they didn’t help our cause, they had to go. But it didn’t bother me too much that they were patronizing like that. Frankly, the people, who are the true gentlemen, deal with others for what they are, not who their father was. Let’s face it: Maybe it took ‘That Woman’ to get things done, and the real reason why they said it was because they knew they just hadn’t got it within them to see things through.”
As she continues:
In taking on the “Those Grandees,” she wasn’t afraid of having strong opinions and fighting for them — something the establishment often found distasteful. British ambassador Sir Anthony Parsons recalled a conversation about this: “She said, ‘You know, Tony, I’m very proud that I don’t belong to your class.’ I said, ‘Prime Minister, what class do you think I belong to?’ She said, ‘I’m talking of course about upper-middle-class intellectuals who see everybody else’s point of view and have none of their own.’” And, of course, like all conservatives and trailblazers, she had to endure more than her share of vicious media attacks. Sir Archie Hamilton once recounted how he asked Thatcher whether she read the daily newspapers. “‘Oh no!’ she replied, ‘They make such hurtful and damaging remarks about me and my family, that if I ever read the papers every day, I could never get on with the job I am here to do.’” I know exactly what she meant. And as she said, “I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”
Et, as they say, cetera.

Well according to the rabid liberals, Thatcher was a crazy right-winger hell bent on destroying her country.

They say the same exact thing about Palin.

And yet you complain if they are compared to each other.....

Whow you guys are still scared of her.

Half a term that would beat Obama by about two years and Palin never promised not to quit. She only quit because of the hate spewed from the left. Obama quite because he is a liar.

I was terrified of her when I thought there was a chance she could be in charge of the Nuclear codes. Now I just get a smile on my face and a short chuckle when she pops up with her antics :)
Boy howdy, she is a hoot.

Half a term that would beat Obama by about two years and Palin never promised not to quit. She only quit because of the hate spewed from the left. Obama quite because he is a liar.

I was terrified of her when I thought there was a chance she could be in charge of the Nuclear codes. Now I just get a smile on my face and a short chuckle when she pops up with her antics :)

palin-mccain-choice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What might seem like a tropical vacation is in fact a major foreign policy initiative. Not only is Southeast Asia one of the most important regions for world economic growth, but it is also a key front in America’s geopolitical struggle with China for influence in Asia.

Forget the Fiscal Cliff: Why Obama Is in Asia | TIME.com

Obama begins 9-day Asia-Pacific trip - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Re-Elected Obama Plans Historic Asia Tour - ABC News

Thanks for proving my point. Keep howling at the moon, Lakhota.

Amidst the mideast turmoil, he suddenly pivots to Asia. Odd, don't you think? He was trying to avoid the growing furor over his failure in Benghazi, not to mention he could have cared less about offering his leadership in the Fiscal Cliff talks. Then again, only the mainstream media would try to veil this as some sort of "foreign policy initiative."

"What might seem like a tropical vacation in instead a foreign policy initiative."

I'm sorry, calling bullshit on this one. You may sit back down now.

Last edited:

palin-mccain-choice.jpg

Better than having Sir Gaffesalot for a Vice President. I feel sorry for you folks having such a loose cannon in Joe Biden, who constantly embarrasses you in rallies and speeches across the country. XD

Forum List

Back