Hannibal Of Carthage: Was He Black?

Was Hannibal of Carthage black?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Next up....Was Jesus Black?

If not black, he was certainly olive skinned.

:afro:

You mean he wasn't blue eyed and blonde haired like in the paintings?

Here's some ancient documentation describing the physical appearance of Jesus Christ (and the fact that He existed at all): Physical Description of Jesus
Thats not ancient documentation. Thats a website.

Here's some ancient documentation describing the physical appearance of Jesus Christ (and the fact that He existed at all): Physical Description of Jesus
Yes ... a website with documentation. Sorry I didn't make that easier for you.

There are plenty of websites with documentation. What makes this one any more believable than another website saying the opposite?

Proof Jesus IS Black Revelation Now

You have to remember you're talking to a guy who (supposedly) values the opinions expressed in YouTube videos made by teenage girls over academic, peer-reviewed study and worldwide surveys.

You have to remember you're talking to a guy who (supposedly) values the opinions expressed in YouTube videos made by teenage girls over academic, peer-reviewed study and worldwide surveys.
Thats because the teenage girls are telling you their opinion in their own words while you think surveys with dubious results is an actual reflection of what they think. You were so butthurt you really brought that to this thread? :lol:

Asclepias, you were soundly beaten in that thread. I was just warning DriftingSand of your ignorance.

Anyway, Hannibal Barca certainly wasn't Black by any stretch of the imagination. Although some of Carthage's military officers (some generals) are widely believed to have been Black and were honoured by their likeness appearing on the obverse of coins struck in the infancy of Carthage's might, hence the bubblehead on the coin posted earlier.

Asclepias, you were soundly beaten in that thread. I was just warning DriftingSand of your ignorance.

Anyway, Hannibal Barca certainly wasn't Black by any stretch of the imagination. Although some of Carthage's military officers (some generals) are widely believed to have been Black and were honoured by their likeness appearing on the obverse of coins struck in the infancy of Carthage's might, hence the bubblehead on the coin posted earlier.
Still fighting me in non existent battles were you imagine you are victorious I see? I pity you.
lol.gif

Since you said he wasnt Black it must be true.

There are plenty of websites with documentation. What makes this one any more believable than another website saying the opposite?

The documentation, itself, is historical in nature. If you're a fan of history and truth then you accept it. If you prefer hyperbole or fantasy over truth then you reject it. Sorry I didn't make that easier for you earlier.

Thanks Swagger. I've dealt with the trolls on this site more than once. I only respond to them when I want to raise my post count.

The documentation, itself, is historical in nature. If you're a fan of history and truth then you accept it. If you prefer hyperbole or fantasy over truth then you reject it. Sorry I didn't make that easier for you earlier.

So is the documentation on other websites in direct contradiction to your website. Sorry you are having a hard time grasping that.

If I remember correctly, Hannibal came from Phoenicia and archaeology shows them to have dark skinned features, quite like the Egyptians. I believe them to be dark skinned and Semitic.

224_003.jpg

If I remember correctly, Hannibal came from Phoenicia and archaeology shows them to have dark skinned features, quite like the Egyptians. I believe them to be dark skinned and Semitic.

224_003.jpg

The Phonecians were Black. The Greeks renamed the Canaanites to Phonecians. The Canaanites are descended from Cain who was a Black guy according to the bible.

Last edited:
There were Greeks of African descent as well. I believe some of the Greek emperors were African.

In Egypt there were black kings, yes. In Greece? I don't think so, but the Greeks had non-white heroes and even non-white Gods as part of their mythology, and as citizens too. So did the Romans. Blacks could even gain Roman citizenship. Black archers and dark-skinned Asian archers were always part of the Roman legions.

The coastal Mediterranean in ancient times was a pretty cosmopolitan place. There were many races and ethnicities that lived together, who traded with one another, and whose first loyalty was to their city-state, and not to any brand of racial divisiveness.

The Romans understood this better than anyone. Once you were conquered, the Romans allowed pretty much any kind law and culture, and any kind of religion and sexual persuasion. All races were welcome. As long as you paid your taxes, Rome stayed out of your face. And in many ways, the ancient Mediterranean was a lot less hung up over skin color than we are today.

In Egypt there were black kings, yes. In Greece? I don't think so, but the Greeks had non-white heroes and even non-white Gods as part of their mythology, and as citizens too. So did the Romans. Blacks could even gain Roman citizenship. Black archers and dark-skinned Asian archers were always part of the Roman legions.

The coastal Mediterranean in ancient times was a pretty cosmopolitan place. There were many races and ethnicities that lived together, who traded with one another, and whose first loyalty was to their city-state, and not to any brand of racial divisiveness.

The Romans understood this better than anyone. Once you were conquered, the Romans allowed pretty much any kind law and culture, and any kind of religion and sexual persuasion. All races were welcome. As long as you paid your taxes, Rome stayed out of your face. And in many ways, the ancient Mediterranean was a lot less hung up over skin color than we are today.

I agree.

The Romans also understood that the Bible needed reordering if the Christians were to increase in number. The Greeks who first worked their magic on the Bible didn't have that connection and were mostly concerned with setting morality and cultural significance. They never helped to create a single power base of doctrine. Rome did that and the Vatican was the result and that's why Roman Catholics are Roman Catholics.

It's rather a shame that Islam was not given both the ability to restructure the book through doctrine command and the canonization of Saints who changed the Church (for the better). At least the Jews were able to use the Greeks and used the morals of their stories to create a vibrant culture. Still, they also don't have the power base of Christianity.

The Romans understood that the Commandments were commandments for a reason. They were not entreaties to anything but choice of will. Rome was a Commanding force so Christianity with its commandments made a certain sense to them.

luddly neddite said:

the sharts said:
Sounds to me like you're finally admitting to being a goddamned troll, then.

Jesus Never Existed US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

asclepias said:
How does that post make him a troll? He is questioning the ultimate conception theory. Jesus may have existed as a real man but the stories surrounding him are not verifiable.

Little wonder that you of all people don't understand.

He's basically admitting to trolling Christians in ^ this ^ line of questioning because he's talking about Christ's skin color matter-of-factly, while his boldly-titled "Jesus Never Existed" thread sits in the Religion forum.

If he isn't trolling Christians, he wouldn't be making threads with such outlandish titles just to get negative reactions.

That is what trolls do.

Yes, Luddly is nothing more than a goddamned troll, and a retarded one at that.

So is the documentation on other websites in direct contradiction to your website. Sorry you are having a hard time grasping that.

That documentation is incorrect if the documentation on my site is correct. Does that help?

luddly neddite said:

the sharts said:
Sounds to me like you're finally admitting to being a goddamned troll, then.

Jesus Never Existed US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

asclepias said:
How does that post make him a troll? He is questioning the ultimate conception theory. Jesus may have existed as a real man but the stories surrounding him are not verifiable.

Little wonder that you of all people don't understand.

He's basically admitting to trolling Christians in ^ this ^ line of questioning because he's talking about Christ's skin color matter-of-factly, while his boldly-titled "Jesus Never Existed" thread sits in the Religion forum.

If he isn't trolling Christians, he wouldn't be making threads with such outlandish titles just to get negative reactions.

That is what trolls do.

Yes, Luddly is nothing more than a goddamned troll, and a retarded one at that.

You're basically making an illiterate assumption. He is pointing out there is no proof of Jesus which is correct. Just because it got your panties in a bunch doesnt make it trolling. It just makes you sensitive. Now what does that have to do with the facts that according to the Bible Jesus may have been Black and was at least mixed?

Forum List

Back