Happy Confederate Memorial Day!

Actually Lee did not commit Treason because the Confederate Union had left our Union, and was a Country of it own ( well to those in the Confederate Union mind it was ).

As someone pointed out in those days you did not consider yourself as American first but instead a New Yorker or Virginian first and American Second, and even today you have those like me calling myself a Texan ( transplanted ) first and American second because I believe in State Rights.

Daniel Boone consider himself an Kentuckian before consider himself as an American, so the reality is Lee first thought he was a Virginian first and had to defend his state, and home.

As I wrote I do not agree the route the Confederate States took but to call someone like Lee a traitor or he committed treason is harsh to me when you are judging him in today era and not the era he had lived in.

You've committed treason if you unlawfully declare yourself independent and then take up arms to defend your unlawful declaration.

You can believe anything you want but the reality is Lee did not declare the State of Virginia as independent, and did what any General would do to defend his home and state.

Also by your definition then the Founding Fathers were committing treason against England, right?

Yes they were traders against England. You don't see George Washington appreciation day in London do you?

And is Confederate Day a Federal Holiday?

Who gives a shit what some select few people celebrate because it is not a Federal Holiday.

I swear the Progressive Liberal want history written only one way and it is their way. Those like you actually believe the war was fought over slavery when it had to do with taxation and the power of the Federal Government, but why tell you this because you do not believe anything unless approved by the Progressive Liberal movement.

Question:

If you were alive back then would have been a Democrat or Republican?
Positions,, party's change with time but if I were alive back then I'd be against the side who kept the majority of slaves

You didn't answer the question and instead wrote you would have been for the side that was against slavery...

So that would mean you would have been a Republican in that day, am I correct?

Also do you believe the Civil War was started over wanting to rid the nation of Slavery and if so then can you provide where Lincoln stated that was his only reason to go to war or was it it because the Confederate Union left the Union because they felt the Federal Government had no power over state rights and also over taxation and Lincoln had to do everything he could to keep the Union together which meant pitting brother versus brother?

When is alqueda Memorial Day ?

It's a disgrace that these people honor those confederate traitors to our country .
what made them traitors?

Taking up arms against their country.
Didn't they secede?

Unlawful secession defended by force of arms is treasonous.

So then America was founded by Traitors according to your definition...

You've committed treason if you unlawfully declare yourself independent and then take up arms to defend your unlawful declaration.

You can believe anything you want but the reality is Lee did not declare the State of Virginia as independent, and did what any General would do to defend his home and state.

Also by your definition then the Founding Fathers were committing treason against England, right?

Yes they were traders against England. You don't see George Washington appreciation day in London do you?

And is Confederate Day a Federal Holiday?

Who gives a shit what some select few people celebrate because it is not a Federal Holiday.

I swear the Progressive Liberal want history written only one way and it is their way. Those like you actually believe the war was fought over slavery when it had to do with taxation and the power of the Federal Government, but why tell you this because you do not believe anything unless approved by the Progressive Liberal movement.

Question:

If you were alive back then would have been a Democrat or Republican?
Positions,, party's change with time but if I were alive back then I'd be against the side who kept the majority of slaves

You didn't answer the question and instead wrote you would have been for the side that was against slavery...

So that would mean you would have been a Republican in that day, am I correct?

Also do you believe the Civil War was started over wanting to rid the nation of Slavery and if so then can you provide where Lincoln stated that was his only reason to go to war or was it it because the Confederate Union left the Union because they felt the Federal Government had no power over state rights and also over taxation and Lincoln had to do everything he could to keep the Union together which meant pitting brother versus brother?
We know the supposed reason was taxation without representation And I was a republican up until the time I voted for GWB in 2000 Almost cut my voting arm off soon after Worst vote of my life

It's a disgrace that these people honor those confederate traitors to our country .
what made them traitors?

Didn't they secede?

How was it unlawful?

Are you an idiot? The states ratified the Constitution.

Lee's Estate is now Arlington National Cemetery where he, JFK, my father along with countless other patriots are buried. That is not the resting pl;ace of traitors.

" The cemetery was established during the Civil War on the grounds of Arlington House, which had been the estate of the family of Confederate general Robert E. Lee's wife Mary Anna (Custis) Lee (a great-granddaughter of Martha Washington). The cemetery, along with Arlington House, Memorial Drive, the Hemicycle, and the Arlington Memorial Bridge, form the Arlington National Cemetery Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in April 2014.[2][3] Like nearly all federal installations in Arlington County, it has a Washington mailing address. "

Arlington National Cemetery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would say he gave back to this country and even though he was on the wrong side the man was honorable...

Bullshit . I took the tour . Arlington was confiscated from Lee and specifically made a cemetery so they could bury those he killed on his ex property.

Lee is not buried in Arlington !

Last edited:
what made them traitors?

Didn't they secede?

How was it unlawful?

Word . What part of the Con allows for secession? None . It does mention treason though .

what made them traitors?

Didn't they secede?

So then America was founded by Traitors according to your definition...

Traitors to England !

But don't pretend it was the same situation. The south had representation , senators and congressman like all the other states . Even the slaves were counted in order to increase their representation .

I would celebrate, but I am celebrating the Mexican American war that began on 25 April 1846..

Is tomorrow Ft Hood shooter day ? Cause apparently American soildier killing other soldiers is a noble thing .

Didn't they secede?

How was it unlawful?

Word . What part of the Con allows for secession? None . It does mention treason though .
You are a moron. Do you even know what the constitution is?

Where in the constitution did it outlaw secession?

In the Supremacy Clause.
What does that have to do with secession?

Everything.
Can you get specific? You are just BLOWING my mind right now :)
I need more.

The states are bound by the Supremacy Clause to obey the Constitution and federal law. By ratifying the Constitution, by accepting statehood, they bound themselves to be subordinate to the federal government.

Forum List

Back