Happy With Both SCOTUS Decisions?

How Do You Feel About Both SCOTUS Decisions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Anyone else besides me happy with the Supreme Court's decision on the Voting Rights Act yesterday and their decision on DOMA today?

I wouldn't say that "happy" is the word that best describes my opinion of the decisions. They both seem to be the right decisions, so I'd say I'm satisfied...

Really don't care from a moral standpoint the nation has been going down the crapper for some time now.

DOMA was flawed. The Constitution protects all States and mandates that State law that is legal in one State be legal in another. If any State validates gay marriage the federal Government has to recognize it in their dealings with all States.

This does not mean every State need approve gay marriage, but it does mean that federal Benefits must be granted to all legal marriages.

I am opposed to Gay marriage, my personal opinion is that marriage should be religious and the Government should only recognize civil Unions. But this was the right decision based on the Constitution.

As krauthammer just pointed out...we are on he road to gay marriage as a federal mandate...just as roe v wade...and just as stupid.

IRS has been shown to be corrupt and is about to gain more power and carry weapons but the left is ecstatic about a decision about homosexual relationships. There must be a mental disconnect somewhere.

Roe has been litigated since it was written. This one will be too.

The only thing that I find personally pleasing is that the DOMA ruling will exacerbate divisions already present advancing the breakup of the country.

Forum List

Back