Has any hypocrite on the left voluntarily paid more taxes, since they claim they want to?

It's amazing that the very thing that liberal ICON, John F. Kennedy advocated for...tax cuts...has become a bogyman for today's liberal!
only Because the whole and entire concept of Spending seems to have no correlation with revenue for the right wing.

It's amazing that the very thing that liberal ICON, John F. Kennedy advocated for...tax cuts...has become a bogyman for today's liberal!
only Because the whole and entire concept of Spending seems to have no correlation with revenue for the right wing.

Ah, so liberals have spending under control? Oh, wait most liberally controlled parts of our country are deep in debt! How can that BE, Daniel?

Ah, so liberals have spending under control? Oh, wait most liberally controlled parts of our country are deep in debt! How can that BE, Daniel?
we aren't advocating for Tax Cut economics to make it worse.

Has there been any public rich democrat like Pelosi or Feinstein or Kerry, or any moron that posts here done that?

They can.

Have they?
They want to force people they disagree with to. Hell no they never paid more

I'm originally from Massachusetts...one of the most liberal States in the US and yet they regularly vote in Republicans as Governor to fix all of the things that liberals have screwed up.

Tax money never leaves Washington DC

So tell me, Daniel...were tax revenues down or up this year?

I'm originally from Massachusetts...one of the most liberal States in the US and yet they regularly vote in Republicans as Governor to fix all of the things that liberals have screwed up.
maybe a liberal republican or rhino?

Tax money never leaves Washington DC
Government spending is what is propping up your bubble.

So tell me, OldStyle...are the rich getting richer and the People getting deeper in Debt?

So tell me, OldStyle...are the rich getting richer and the People getting deeper in Debt?

The rich were getting richer under Obama than they are under Trump.

So stop ducking my question, Daniel...were tax revenues up or down last year?

Amazingly enough...tax revenues were up last year. Kind of blows a giant hole in your narrative about taxes...doesn't it, Danny Boy!

The rich were getting richer under Obama than they are under Trump.

So stop ducking my question, Daniel...were tax revenues up or down last year?
Tax Cut economics are Worthless if they don't cover Spending.

Amazingly enough...tax revenues were up last year. Kind of blows a giant hole in your narrative about taxes...doesn't it, Danny Boy!
lol. maybe in Right Wing fantasy or a Vacuum of Special Pleading.

tax revenue has been going up since around 2010.

Is the economy growing? Yes or no. What do the facts say?

When the economy is growing, does that mean there is more consumer spending? Yes or no. What do the facts say?

When consumer spending us up, are there more tax revenues in through sales? Yes or no. What do the facts say?

Is all of that happening right now? Yes or no. What do the facts say?

When the economy is growing, does that mean there is more consumer spending? Yes or no. What do the facts say?

When consumer spending us up, are there more tax revenues in through sales? Yes or no. What do the facts say?

the economy has been growing since around 2010. a continuing trend.

The GDP was an embarrassment under democrat policies, which started after the dems took the House and Senate in 2007. The economy went into a nose dive from 2007 till 2010, when the democrats had majority control.

You people still have no idea what the Commodity Futures Modernization Act did to the economy. Hell you don't know who passed it, let alone having any knowledge what credit default swaps are. Let alone them being exempted from regulation with that act.

What we do know is the Republicans took back the House in 2010, the Senate in 2014 and White House in 2016, and you credit the dems and obama?

Are you Ignorant as hell? Is that a fact? Yes or no.

The GDP was an embarrassment under democrat policies, which started after the dems took the House and Senate in 2007. The economy went into a nose dive from 2007 till 2010, when the democrats had majority control.

You people still have no idea what the Commodity Futures Modernization Act did to the economy. Hell you don't know who passed it, let alone having any knowledge what credit default swaps are. Let alone them being exempted from regulation with that act.

What we do know is the Republicans took back the House in 2010, the Senate in 2014 and White House in 2016, and you credit the dems and obama?

Are you Ignorant as hell? Is that a fact? Yes or no.
we had a recession going on back then. i don't omit that either. unlike the right wing.

A flat tax is you pay X PERCENT of income and that percentage is the same for everyone

Flat Tax

A flat tax system applies the same tax rate to every taxpayer regardless of income bracket
I assume you did not read my last post very closely as I stated the same thing.
Ok so you want those on welfare to pay the same amount as a millionare.

You do realize that those that are on welfare are not going to support that? You do realize that most people are upset now that they did not get a large enough or a long enough tax cut? You perhaps understand that those who defend welfare are not going to support that? I have little doubt that those in minimal paying jobs are not going to support that.

What percentage do you want to tax at. Keep in mind that it has been proven that too high a tax will cause business to move overseas or leave profits out of the reach of the U.S. Millionaires will leave money in foreign banks where it will not be touched.

Now back to the original question. WHY WOULD CONGRESS CHANGE THE TAX CODE IF IT IS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTREST?

No you said everyone pays X amount

That implies that every pays the same amount not the same percentage. You do realize that people can pay the same percentage but pay vastly different amounts don't you?

I think 10% of all income regardless of the source is a fair tax rate.

So a person making 20K will pay 2K a year and a person making 2 Million will pay 200K per year

FYI that would also make the corporate tax rate 10% on all business income (profit not revenue)
Oh I am sorry I did not realize that you were context challenged. I will make sure to make all posts very simple from now on.

So under that plan those just barely getting by would pay 10%. People like seniors that are relying on Social Security only. Someone that is having to rely on snap and other welfare. But those that have a large house, those that have other write offs are paying only 5 or 6% in actuality. Business has learned how to pay 0% thanks to write offs and reinvestment. It would only be worse.

Once again back to the original discussion. WHY WOULD CONGRESS VOTE TO CHANGE THE TAX CODE IF IT IS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTEREST?
I hate to tell you this, Corky , but words mean things. Amount and percent are 2 entirely different things. That you can't grasp the definitions of the words you use has nothing to do with me.

10 cents on the dollar is not tough to do. Really are you going to starve on 9 dollars where you would be feasting on 10 dollars?

And congress doesn't benefit from the tax code more than any other person or business. Shit we foot the bill for everything Congress does. And the people that really run Congress would absolutely go for a flat tax and since it is the only fair way to tax income it is what we should be doing unless of course you want to abolish the income tax and move to a consumption tax
You really went through all the pages that have been typed and did not learn anything?

If it is such a great idea then just try selling that to congress. Without write offs you would be taxing everyone the same. Does not take an Einstein to understand that anyone that can use write offs would pay little to no tax. The people that vote for those in congress would vote against anyone who even suggested it.

and once again you fail to read what I say

A flat tax is a tax on INCOME not REVENUE. So a business will still be able to write off it's expenses.

It seems you're the one with a learning disability here since you don't even understand the words other people write

And if a congressman doesn't own a business he really doesn't benefit extraordinarily from business expense write offs because the vast majority of his expenses are picked up by the tax payer

Forum List

Back