Has anyone seen Obama shake hands with a Muslim???

Left hand is used in Muslim world to wipe instead of toilet paper and the right hand..
Remember, in Afghanistan, and throughout the Muslim world, Afghans use the right hand exclusively for all public functions. These functions include shaking hands, eating, drinking, and passing something to another person.
Using the left hand is an insult and, if done in the presence of many others, could bring shame to an Afghan.
The left hand serves a specific purpose – hygiene after the use of the toilet. Afghans will cleanse their hands immediately after. In fact, many consider the Western practice of using paper to be offensive, and question how paper can make one sufficiently clean. Some historians believe this may be the reason hand shaking is done with the right hand universally in all cultures.
Behaviors and Etiquette ? Physical Gestures: Head, Feet and the Left Hand

So being left handed and using toilet paper with my right hand do you think Muslims KNOW Obama is left handed and may also use his right hand with toilet paper??

Most people are totally unaware that Muslims as the above excerpt states "question how paper can make one sufficiently clean"!
So why would they think Obama being left handed would use his left hand with the toilet paper and not his right hand.
I am guessing but how many of you that like me are left handed USE your right hand and if that is more widely the rule, then
when a Muslim shakes hands with Obama right-handed is the Muslim aware of that "filthy" right hand replaces the "evil left hand"?

Again most people aren't aware that Latin is the the source of French,English,Spanish etc. and in Latin the word sinistra originally meant "left" but took on meanings of "evil" or "unlucky" by the Classical Latin era,

So, if you were left-handed or sinister, you were associated with evil. In time, sinister itself meant evil and threatening. EtymOnline said that sinister attained this meaning in the early 15th century. The OED supports this, writing that the first uses of sinister to mean malicious were:Behaviors and Etiquette ? Physical Gestures: Head, Feet and the Left Hand

So given the left hand is used in Muslim world instead of toilet paper BUT if a left handed person uses the right hand with toilet paper would not then the ritual of "right hand" shaking between a Muslim and Obama be difficult?

I don't 'get' this thread.

But I do want to correct one common misconception among many people.

While there is some Latin and French used in the English Language....

English is a Germanic Language. Period.

It's not even up for discussion.

I didn't even catch the OP's error claiming "Latin is the source of English" :cuckoo: Maybe that's why he's hung up on Romance languages...

To clarify, English is a Germanic language basically but not "period". We have a Romance superstructure thanks to the Norman conquest of the 11th century that made French the lingua franca of England, resulting in about 40% of our lexicography coming from the Romance languages, including the word language itself. Gradually the unwashed brought the old Englisshe back but it was changed forever. We ended up with a bigger stock of words than anybody, including lots of parallel words to say the same thing from those two different sources, which we often use for different degrees of refinement, e.g. piss from old English (Germanic), and urinate from French, even though they mean the same thing.

Just to flush this idea, the words left and right are Germanic, not Latinic.

Not that any of that has squat to do with wiping one's ass, or with Islam.

Quick search gave me this. English is not a Romance Language. It is a Germanic cognate.

English and German started out as the same language and separated somewhere around a thousand years ago with the demise of King Harold.

And while French was the official language of England for some time (Richard Lion Heart didn't even know how to speak English!) English still retained its Germanic roots

I'm looking for proof that English is not a Latin-based language? - Yahoo! Answers

Although English has a great deal of Latin in its vocabulary, it is a Germanic language. It was brought to what is now England over 1500 years ago by three closely related tribes from northern Germany--the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes. If you studied Old English (the form of the language spoken until about A. D. 1100), you would see that its grammar is very similar to that of German and that there's very little Latin in it. The Norman Conquest, in 1066, made French (a Romance language) the official language of the country for several centuries. English gradually re-emerged as a literary language, Middle English, during that time, but when Middle English reached its peak in the late 1300s, it was strongly influenced by French--and was recognizable as the ancestor of what we speak today. During the Renaissance and the Age of Reason, more Latin came into English to accommodate the new concepts and ideas being introduced. Nevertheless , English remains a Germanic language down at its bones. It's rather like a child who has been adopted by parents of a different ethnicity: he may grow up with the culture and values of his adoptive parents, but he still has the DNA of his birth parents. English grammar remains more Germanic than Romance--it coins compound words at need, and it puts adjectives before the nouns they modify. Even more basic is the fact that English words tend to have a higher ratio of consonants to vowels than do those in the Romance languages--another Germanic characteristic.

I just counted about forty words of Latin origin in the preceding paragraph (and have now added a few more), but years ago, when I tried to say "It is unethical to make criss-crossed fork marks on non-peanut-butter cookies" in Latin, it was almost impossible--but fairly easy in German.

Source(s):

Retired English professor with an undergraduate major in Latin, five years of French, three of German, and a Ph.D. in medieval literature. (Does that make me enough of an expert to satisfy your friend?)

I don't 'get' this thread.

But I do want to correct one common misconception among many people.

While there is some Latin and French used in the English Language....

English is a Germanic Language. Period.

It's not even up for discussion.

I didn't even catch the OP's error claiming "Latin is the source of English" :cuckoo: Maybe that's why he's hung up on Romance languages...

To clarify, English is a Germanic language basically but not "period". We have a Romance superstructure thanks to the Norman conquest of the 11th century that made French the lingua franca of England, resulting in about 40% of our lexicography coming from the Romance languages, including the word language itself. Gradually the unwashed brought the old Englisshe back but it was changed forever. We ended up with a bigger stock of words than anybody, including lots of parallel words to say the same thing from those two different sources, which we often use for different degrees of refinement, e.g. piss from old English (Germanic), and urinate from French, even though they mean the same thing.

Just to flush this idea, the words left and right are Germanic, not Latinic.

Not that any of that has squat to do with wiping one's ass, or with Islam.

Quick search gave me this. English is not a Romance Language. It is a Germanic cognate.

English and German started out as the same language and separated somewhere around a thousand years ago with the demise of King Harold.

And while French was the official language of England for some time (Richard Lion Heart didn't even know how to speak English!) English still retained its Germanic roots

I'm looking for proof that English is not a Latin-based language? - Yahoo! Answers

Although English has a great deal of Latin in its vocabulary, it is a Germanic language. It was brought to what is now England over 1500 years ago by three closely related tribes from northern Germany--the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes. If you studied Old English (the form of the language spoken until about A. D. 1100), you would see that its grammar is very similar to that of German and that there's very little Latin in it. The Norman Conquest, in 1066, made French (a Romance language) the official language of the country for several centuries. English gradually re-emerged as a literary language, Middle English, during that time, but when Middle English reached its peak in the late 1300s, it was strongly influenced by French--and was recognizable as the ancestor of what we speak today. During the Renaissance and the Age of Reason, more Latin came into English to accommodate the new concepts and ideas being introduced. Nevertheless , English remains a Germanic language down at its bones. It's rather like a child who has been adopted by parents of a different ethnicity: he may grow up with the culture and values of his adoptive parents, but he still has the DNA of his birth parents. English grammar remains more Germanic than Romance--it coins compound words at need, and it puts adjectives before the nouns they modify. Even more basic is the fact that English words tend to have a higher ratio of consonants to vowels than do those in the Romance languages--another Germanic characteristic.

I just counted about forty words of Latin origin in the preceding paragraph (and have now added a few more), but years ago, when I tried to say "It is unethical to make criss-crossed fork marks on non-peanut-butter cookies" in Latin, it was almost impossible--but fairly easy in German.

Source(s):

Retired English professor with an undergraduate major in Latin, five years of French, three of German, and a Ph.D. in medieval literature. (Does that make me enough of an expert to satisfy your friend?)

That's all accurate. :thup:

The military action was "mission accomplished" May 1, 2003 with exactly the right number of military

No, son, the pacification was not complete in May 2003, it was just starting, and the insurgency that followed lost any chance we had of making Iraq a solid, stable ally in the ME for the US.

The US had to put 400,000 American, coalition, and mercenary troops in the field in 2007 to beat down the insurgency.

We lost the peace, healthmyths, because we did not prepare as advised by General Shinseki.

You neo-cons lost us the war.

I truly don't comprehend IDIOTS like you who continue to ignore the FACT the 1991 CEASE FIRE REQUIRED REQUIRED removal of Saddam!

STFU to deflection; I won't tolerate it.

We lost the peace and the opportunity of a peaceful, stable ally in Iraq because of the neo-cons.

The UN only could approve an invasion based on SH's violations of the UN resolutions, not the Congress.

The neo-con Pubs and Dems who authorized an illegal invasion will be condemned in the histories of American foreign policy forever.

Bush et al are war criminals, and those who support them are accessories after the fact.

You know you all are right and I am so wrong in thinking any of you had any shred of intellectual curiosity.
The majority of you that saw this as an indictment of Obama once again jump to his defense without any basis that I was
faulting ANY President especially a left handed like Bush,Clinton,etc...!

Once again this forum's never looks beyond a 30 second, sound bite since it appears most of you suffer from ADD!

I simply point out that the vast majority of YOU IDIOTS are ignoring a highly theocratic based group of people the MAJORITY of them that STILL wipe their butts with their fingers and like the totally short-sighted people you are you attack the messenger!

I'm LEFT HANDED! I was pointing out to idiots like most of you the perception of "infidels" like most of us are to people that still wipe their butts with their fingers!
Do you know see why I put this post up as an experiment in how the vast majority of people like those of you on this forum MISS the bigger picture because you can't see the details!

You're obsession with this says something more about this situation than any of the contents of the thread. Why are purposely ignoring all the evidence that this is a non-problem? Get professional help.

I've enjoyed this thread....it's hilarious the lengths the left will go to in denying Hussein is a muslim although it's clear that he is....an apostate muslim only because he's too self-absorbed and lazy to be a devout muslim. Only a muslim would BOW to a Saudi king....only a spineless academic would BOW to a japanese emperor. The left is barely American enough to be secretly embarrasses by this halfrican doorknob. It's fun to see them have to leap off their futons to defend him when they'd really rather not. :lol:

I've enjoyed this thread....it's hilarious the lengths the left will go to in denying Hussein is a muslim although it's clear that he is....an apostate muslim only because he's too self-absorbed and lazy to be a devout muslim. Only a muslim would BOW to a Saudi king....only a spineless academic would BOW to a japanese emperor. The left is barely American enough to be secretly embarrasses by this halfrican doorknob. It's fun to see them have to leap off their futons to defend him when they'd really rather not. :lol:

This thread isn't about Obama's religion, Blam-Blam. It's about coprophilia. I would have thought that's right up your alley. So to speak.

What the fuck difference does it make what a POTUS' religion is anyway? Perhaps you could cite the relevant passage of the constitution that sets these guidelines.

Perhaps not.

Or perhaps you can cite where anyone in the thread has been "defending" O'bama -- as if any of us would know which hand he wipes his ass with anyway. Go back and check -- the thread has been about asswiping, Muslim customs, George W. Bush's handling of Iraq, and the Romance languages and their unrelation to English.

But again, perhaps not.

Last edited:
I am guessing but how many of you that like me are left handed USE your right hand and if that is more widely the rule, then
when a Muslim shakes hands with Obama right-handed is the Muslim aware of that "filthy" right hand replaces the "evil left hand"?

How stupid do you feel now? If you had spent a few seconds THINKING, you would have realized Muslims frequently walk hand in hand together. That means one of them is using his LEFT hand to hold hands.

And it took me just a few seconds to find Muslims holding FOOD AND DRINK with their LEFT hands.

So how in the ever loving FUCK does it get into your head that Muslims are all wound up inside that Barack Obama is shaking hands with his right hand?

This ridiculous anti-Obama shit is getting more and more stupid by the day. This is completely counterproductive. You completely destroy any credibility you have when it comes to actual bad things that Obama does that really matter. "Oh, this is the fucking idiot that thought Muslims are skeeved because Obama possibly shakes hands with his shit wiping hand."

For that matter, how many Presidents, Senators, and constituents have shaken hands with Larry Craig? :puke3:

Last edited:
Or Vitter or Duke or dozens of other Pubs and as well, with Dems.

healthmyths and JoeBlams are the poster children for what is wrong with America.

Or Vitter or Duke or dozens of other Pubs and as well, with Dems.

healthmyths and JoeBlams are the poster children for what is wrong with America.

I had Craig in mind for how he um, works with his hands. Whether he's righthanded or lefthanded I confess I'm unsure, as I know everyone in Islam wants to know...

But are you suggesting David Vitter changes his own diapers?
Ewww.

As most of you that took my thread negatively I guess I have to repeat this!
The barbarian Muslim religion as I've substantiated frequently here FORBID the use of the Right hand in wiping the butt!
The first point the majority of you idiots seem to miss is WHAT kind of religion rules include you must use your LEFT hand to wipe your butt?
The 2nd point is that the majority of you MISSED was is there any wonder the Muslim world holds Presidents, Americans..i.e. INFIDELS in
such distaste because we USE our left hand or right hand with toilet paper to wipe our butt!

Does it bother me that Muslim faith dictates using only the Left hand to wipe the butt with fingers and then wash hand, butt?
Hell no! I just don't want to shake ANY Muslims hands !
But you idiots that totally MISSED the point is the MUSLIMS if the radical terrorists which constitute at least 1% of the 1 billion,
find THAT issue sufficient to want to KILL Infidels then YOU idiots are truly lost especially in common sense!
There is very little civilized societies can have in common with barbarians that behead unfaithful wives, require wiping the butt with the left hand!

The thread has gone WAY WAY OVER you idiots' heads and prove that being the dumb f..ks you are when the Muslims conquer the
USA you mental defectives won't even know you are being beheaded as you will be the first in line!

The barbarian Muslim religion as I've substantiated frequently here FORBID the use of the Right hand in wiping the butt!
The first point the majority of you idiots seem to miss is WHAT kind of religion rules include you must use your LEFT hand to wipe your butt?
The 2nd point is that the majority of you MISSED was is there any wonder the Muslim world holds Presidents, Americans..i.e. INFIDELS in
such distaste because we USE our left hand or right hand with toilet paper to wipe our butt!

Does it bother me that Muslim faith dictates using only the Left hand to wipe the butt with fingers and then wash hand, butt?
But you idiots that totally MISSED the point is the MUSLIMS if the radical terrorists which constitute at least 1% of the 1 billion,
find THAT issue sufficient to want to KILL Infidels then YOU idiots are truly lost especially in common sense!
There is very little civilized societies can have in common with barbarians that behead unfaithful wives, require wiping the butt with the left hand!

The thread has gone WAY WAY OVER you idiots' heads and prove that being the dumb f..ks you are when the Muslims conquer the
USA you mental defectives won't even know you are being beheaded as you will be the first in line!

In reality (<look that word up), this thread went over your own head as soon as you posted it. Pun intended.

Perhaps you can cite for us the relevant part of the Qu'ran that um, spells this out.

Finally, if 51% of all posters think your thread is raving idiocy, it's still debatable. But when it goes to 100%, you just might want to rethink your shit.
So to speak. :eusa_think:

Last edited:

No it doesn't. What exactly are you even basing this on? The Al Dawud says not to touch your genitals with your right hand while going to the bathroom, but that isn't scripture. All the Quran tells Muslims to do is to wash their hands.

Do you think India hates us too then since the social custom was / is popular there as well?

Source?

No it doesn't. What exactly are you even basing this on? The Al Dawud says not to touch your genitals with your right hand while going to the bathroom, but that isn't scripture. All the Quran tells Muslims to do is to wash their hands.

Do you think India hates us too then since the social custom was / is popular there as well?

Source?

I believe his source is what he's already referenced using the right or left hand...:eusa_whistle:

No, son, the pacification was not complete in May 2003, it was just starting, and the insurgency that followed lost any chance we had of making Iraq a solid, stable ally in the ME for the US.

The US had to put 400,000 American, coalition, and mercenary troops in the field in 2007 to beat down the insurgency.

We lost the peace, healthmyths, because we did not prepare as advised by General Shinseki.

You neo-cons lost us the war.

I truly don't comprehend IDIOTS like you who continue to ignore the FACT the 1991 CEASE FIRE REQUIRED REQUIRED removal of Saddam!

We lost the peace and the opportunity of a peaceful, stable ally in Iraq because of the neo-cons.

The UN only could approve an invasion based on SH's violations of the UN resolutions, not the Congress.

The neo-con Pubs and Dems who authorized an illegal invasion will be condemned in the histories of American foreign policy forever.

Bush et al are war criminals, and those who support them are accessories after the fact.

If there is a libtard on this Board that isn't a pathological liar and an idiot, I would like to meet him someday.

But I promise this... It ain't you. You are truly a stupid human being.

And willfully so.

the Stuttering Clusterfukk was left a WON war in Iraq. He sabotaged it on purpose by failing to reach a "Status of Forces" agreement with the Iraqi Government.

Basically, it centered around immunity for actions taken by American Troops and certain American Contractors.

Everybody that's been paying attention knows the piece of fucking shit in the White House bungled the agreement on purpose.

Illegal Invasion?

Again, you're a lying dick-sucker.

Both Houses of Congress voted for the AUMF (authorization use military force).

Do the World, and especially this Country a favor and get that lobotomy done.

Soon.

I always knew you were a marxist piece of shit, but even some of them have honor. You have none.

You'd lie about anything, any time, any where, for any reason.

Lying motherfuckers.

It's why I despise dimocraps with all my heart and soul.

I can talk to anybody -- Except a liar.

And dimocraps are nothing but. Just one lie after another.

Now you're gonna come back with "Bush lied people died"?

What a fucking douchebag piece of shit you are.

MI-6, Mossad, France's DGSE, the CIA, Military Intelligence, NSA, Germany's BND, the SVR (which is still one of the better ones in the world), even Iran's own Intelligence Agency VAJA or VEVAK, the Saudis, the Kuwaitis.... Everybody...

And I mean EVERYBODY thought Saddam had WMDs. Everybody.

You are such a low life scum bag. Beyond low.

ETA:
Even Saddam's OWN GENERALS thought he had WMDs. It was THAT good of a ruse.

Near the end of the last war, when it was clear that Saddam was going to lose (again) his Generals asked for him to release the WMDs to them.

They were SHOCKED when he told them he didn't have any.

Get a life, loser.

Actually don't even bother trying. Get that lobotomy

Last edited:

In reality (<look that word up), this thread went over your own head as soon as you posted it. Pun intended.

Perhaps you can cite for us the relevant part of the Qu'ran that um, spells this out.

Finally, if 51% of all posters think your thread is raving idiocy, it's still debatable. But when it goes to 100%, you just might want to rethink your shit.
So to speak. :eusa_think:

Galileo and the Pope had a little disagreement about something that applies to your answer....

In Islam, you as a common Man (forget women) are not allowed to interpret the Quran or any of their other Holy Books.

Get yourself beheaded for that. \\Unless you've gone through the exercises and disciplines that will allow you to interpret the Books.

Used to be like that in Christianity.

It wasn't so much that the Church didn't appreciate Galileo's work interpreting Copernican theory, it's that the Church felt he had no right to interpret the Bible and the Bible taught that the Earth was the center of everything.

Your argument is specious

87194dcd_Bush-bowing-86146606507.jpeg
BRITAIN-BUSH-EUROPE-007.jpg
7202_NixonBowToMao1.JPG

Why shouldn't we deny he's a Muslim? It's much more believable than saying you're not a racist. :cool:

If there is a libtard on this Board that isn't a pathological liar and an idiot, I would like to meet him someday.
Look in the mirror, and you will see the Fluttering StutterClukk of the extreme right who is unable to defend her points without screeching and pecking and muttering to herself.

Yes, the invasion was illegal, and if you are supporting it, then, yes, you are an accessories to war crimes after the fact.

And, no, you will never be allowed to deflect without getting your beak smeared in your crap.

Last edited:
Is Bush a bisexual?

I never saw that image of him kissing another guy.

Forum List

Back