Has anyone taken a long (over 500 miles) road trip in an EV?

They don't get better with time. Lithium battery degradation is roughly 25% in 100 full charges. They are better if you go 45mph stop and go. Hard to do that on I-44. People are complaining big time about reduced range. 50% or so of expected range is a common complaint. Don't plan on using much AC or HEAT on Freeway. Hope you like to stop and huddle up with homeO at the rest stops. CA had to close many rest stops as overrun by homeO. WINNING//

Wont' let me paste the Li-ion curves?

Last edited:
Translation: HOW DARE YOU ASK FOR SOMEONE'S PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IN A LONG TRIP WITH AN EV!!!! :aargh:
I get it,, you hate EVs,, I agree they will never be a replacement,,

if you dont know that a long trip will have to be better planned and take longer I dont know what to tell you other than just use common sense,,

so how many threads have you started trying to slam EVs so far??

Fuel cells or bust. I don't want a golf cart to drive up to Canada in FEB.

Planning? That is for fancy boys with too much time on their hands. Decide, pack, get in car & go.

Fuel cells or bust. I don't want a golf cart to drive up to Canada in FEB.

Planning? That is for fancy boys with too much time on their hands. Decide, pack, get in car & go.

Then don't. Problem solved. Easy.

Why I claim Bullshit

All EVs have that range
The range for an EV can vary greatly and they don't always get what is average range. Everything from tires to weather to driving style can significantly lower an EV's range. The median range for an EV is 169 miles. Hot or cold weather can cause and EV to lose as much as 25% of their advertised range. A CE car has a 72% higher range median.

Last edited:
I'm just curious if any EV owner has taken a 500 mile or more car trip somewhere, and if so, how it went.
Does it occur to you they were asking these same questions in 1903?

"

Has anyone taken a long (over 50 miles) road trip in one of those new fangled Automobiles"​

I get it,, you hate EVs,, I agree they will never be a replacement,,

if you dont know that a long trip will have to be better planned and take longer I dont know what to tell you other than just use common sense,,

so how many threads have you started trying to slam EVs so far??
All of your triggered outbursts amount to nothing. There is nothing "stupid" about asking for someone's PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with a long trip in an EV. I STILL haven't read one yet.

EVs won't be more desirable than CEs until they fix their 'range anxiety' which is now a real term in the industry.

All of your triggered outbursts amount to nothing. There is nothing "stupid" about asking for someone's PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with a long trip in an EV. I STILL haven't read one yet.
its the intent behind the question thats stupid,, we all know you hate EVs and claw at the chance to criticize them,,,

common sense and rational thought says a trip will take longer and your route would be limited due to charging stations,,,

remember theres a lot of us out there that are not brain dead liberals that see the usefulness of EVs and find your hatred annoying and disingenuous,,

Do you have personal experience with taking a 500 mile plus road trip in an EV? That was my question, do you understand it?
I understand both the question (not wanting a real answer) and the reason for the question (fodder for the MAGAT troll factory.

EVs won't be more desirable than CEs until they fix their 'range anxiety' which is now a real term in the industry.
they are far more desirable for local use than CEs,,

if a person does it right they will never pay for transportation fuel again,,,

Oh look honey, a charging station up ahead 2 more miles. But there is no where to eat there? We could be stuck there for 8 hours? Oh, lord I don't want to pull in there. Look at them fruitcakes huddled around. Are the kids still sleeping? why are the bathrooms padlocked? No water fountain? We can't drink warm Coke. Baby Ana needs cold milk!

Forum List

Back