Has anyone taken a long (over 500 miles) road trip in an EV?

Besides one's rump, how many other things are you planning to take with you in the vehicle?

Cannondale Mavaro Neo: 100 mile range on one charge. You carry an extra battery with you. duh

of course it will,,,

with lets say 6- 300 amp panels charging 4 batteries all day long will allow you to put that juice in the car overnight and give you most if not all the driving you need during the day,,

that would cover the the needs for the majority of people,,

More BS. A 300 amp panel does not exist for homeowners? A 300W panel exists (12V). This would give you 25A max in full sun. 12V is not enough to charge an EV car battery. I would suspect you would have to "TRANSFORM" that DC voltage to AC and that reduces the current. There is a reason house roofs are covered with solar panels strung together as "additional" power. not full load power. You are not going to rig that up in your garage.

300W 12V Solar Panel High-Efficiency Monocrystalline Solar Panels, 300 Watt Portable Solar Panel Off-Grid for RV Caravans Boat Car Camping

Better to buy a hybrid than such a limited vehicle as an EV.
my moms first Prius paid for itself the first yrs since she was driving a 1 ton van with a 460 and stepdad had a excursion with a v 10,, they would use it for running around town instaed of the other two,, or to service their booths at antique stores when they didnt need the cargo storage,,
they did the calculations and it was basically a free car,,

their last ones have gone 8 yrs with zero maintenance with no problems

More BS. A 300 amp panel does not exist for homeowners? A 300W panel exists (12V). This would give you 25A max in full sun. 12V is not enough to charge an EV car battery. I would suspect you would have to "TRANSFORM" that DC voltage to AC and that reduces the current. There is a reason house roofs are covered with solar panels strung together as "additional" power. not full load power. You are not going to rig that up in your garage.

300W 12V Solar Panel High-Efficiency Monocrystalline Solar Panels, 300 Watt Portable Solar Panel Off-Grid for RV Caravans Boat Car Camping
my apologies,, yes watts,, and they do exist for home owners,,

In the Real Estate business I have seen many off grid homes and they can only support the home itself. That's why net metering is popular. Today, one needs grid power either to run a whole home or to supplement a solar system.

I am saying you can't do it (safely) and an Electrical Engineer could barely design it...let alone build it.
whats not safe about it??

I can call any solar supplier and they can design me any system I want,,

if all I want to do is charge 4-6 batteries with no load thats easy,,,

after that its just plug and play,,,

I asked you if you are doing it.
what I am or am not doing is irrelevant,,

I do have a smaller system for my electric fence, yard lights, chicken coop door and irrigation system for a 10K sq ft garden that was designed for me,,
all thats needed to just charge more batteries with zero load after that is easy,,,

While in motion, Badger recharges an EG Oahu with a 100 W Jackery panel and a 500W Jackery power station on the trailer behind it. One then plugs the bike charger into the 120V outlet on the power station.

Forum List

Back