Has anyone taken a long (over 500 miles) road trip in an EV?

Badger doesn't promote pass-through charging. How does the Aspera do it, with panels built into its body? EV charging stations of the future will probably be vending machines with pre-charged modular batteries, though the industry will have to slough off some of its anal retention so as to universalize these batteries and make them modular. duh

Typical grid power comes in at 200 amps at 250 volts. That’s 50,000 watts. That’s about 167 solar panels at 300 watts each.

I asked a question that triggered you BIG TIME. Do you have stock in an EV company?
I'm the only one that gave you an answer that would explain what you would find from someone that took a long trip in an EV,,,

the trip would take longer and be limited on routes due to charging stations,,

in addition you might get some that say they screwed up and died on the roadside and needed help,,

what more do you want??

Typical grid power comes in at 200 amps at 250 volts. That’s 50,000 watts. That’s about 167 solar panels at 300 watts each.
if you want it all at once,,

but if you have all day to charge batteries then plug the car in at night so it transfers the power into the car for another 10 hrs overnight that more than enough for most peoples daily use,,,

in my case since I seldom leave the house a car would be fully charged all the time,,

did you watch the videos I posted where a guy did just that??

I'm the only one that gave you an answer that would explain what you would find from someone that took a long trip in an EV,,,

the trip would take longer and be limited on routes due to charging stations,,

in addition you might get some that say they screwed up and died on the roadside and needed help,,

what more do you want??
I wanted someone who EXPERIENCED AN ACTUAL 500 mile plus road trip in an EV to describe it. FFS dude give up!

if you want it all at once,,

but if you have all day to charge batteries then plug the car in at night so it transfers the power into the car for another 10 hrs overnight that more than enough for most peoples daily use,,,

in my case since I seldom leave the house a car would be fully charged all the time,,

did you watch the videos I posted where a guy did just that??
My point is that you'll never reach grid power with solar panels. Yes, you can charge with much fewer but you're still limited to typically under 200 miles once you leave home even if those panels are dedicated to charging your car only. You have to plan your driving which is not a problem for some and a big problem for others.

My point is that you'll never reach grid power with solar panels. Yes, you can charge with much fewer but you're still limited to typically under 200 miles once you leave home even if those panels are dedicated to charging your car only. You have to plan your driving which is not a problem for some and a big problem for others.
what makes you think at anytime a house consumes the entirety of whats being provided???

most houses dont use a fraction of whats available,,

my house was 100 amp and two yrs ago I upgrade to 200 amp,, nothing else changed,, so the 200 amp so far wasnt needed,,

I did split some circuits that I felt were over loaded but the draw is the same,,

I can go to harbor freight and get panels to charge a battery bank while the suns out and plug into it at night to to transfer it to the car to provide more than enough for most peoples daily use,,,

did you watch the videos I posted where the guy set up a small system to keep his car charged??

last I heard hes driving the car for free minus the cost of the panels and inverters,,

I think many here would like actual real accounts of such a trip in an EV. What's the problem?
so how many response has there been??

I just gave a logical response,,

lets face it,, the thread is a bait so to make fun or slam EVs,, again,,,

EVs are not viable without government subsidies. I have not read a 1st person response to the question. I think a lot of people have a lot of questions as to why the government is pushing EVs based on a false 'climate change' story. Let's drop all government subsidies and support for both EVs and CEs and see how they compete. That's fair.

EVs are not viable without government subsidies. I have not read a 1st person response to the question. I think a lot of people have a lot of questions as to why the government is pushing EVs based on a false 'climate change' story.
thats another problem all together,,,

I do hope I did help you understand how things work,,

feel free to ask me anything else you would like,,

thats another problem all together,,,

I do hope I did help you understand how things work,,

feel free to ask me anything else you would like,,
EVs don't 'work' without huge government support. Hell, CA is going to OUTLAW CEs by 2035!!!

EVs don't 'work' without huge government support. Hell, CA is going to OUTLAW CEs by 2030!!!
they work just fine,, the industry is whats using the subsidies,, and they would function without them, the prices would just be higher,
my guess is the quality would drop on some models to keep the prices low enough to sell to lower income,,

but the people buying 100K and above dont really care,,

almost all subsidies should be stopped,, just sayin,,

they work just fine,, the industry is whats using the subsidies,, and they would function without them, the prices would just be higher,
my guess is the quality would drop on some models to keep the prices low enough to sell to lower income,,

but the people buying 100K and above dont really care,,

almost all subsidies should be stopped,, just sayin,,
Without government subsidies, laws prohibiting CEs (like CA wants to do) and the constant lies about 'saving the Earth' (which is a blatant lie) EVs could never compete with modern CEs.

Without government subsidies, laws prohibiting CEs (like CA wants to do) and the constant lies about 'saving the Earth' (which is a blatant lie) EVs could never compete with modern CEs.
they cant even compete with them now,, EVs will never be a viable replacement no matter what we are told,,,
in the right context they are superior though

it can only be done with force,,,

Last edited:
they cant compete even with them,, EVs will never be a viable replacement no matter what we are told,,,

it can only be done with force,,,
That's my point, EVs can't compete with CEs today and there are good reasons, the main reason is range anxiety. We agree?

That's my point, EVs can't compete with CEs today and there are good reasons, the main reason is range anxiety. We agree?
only if youre intent is to take long trips,, and as I explained, with the right context and preparation they are far better,,

another example is think about 1970s los angeles with all their smog,,
if most people had solar panels and evs for local use their smog problem wouldnt have existed,,

I have range anxiety on long trips through the mountains or across deserts with a gas car with a small tank,, I have had a few tight trips,,

only if youre intent is to take long trips,, and as I explained, with the right context and preparation they are far better,,

another example is think about 1970s los angeles with all their smog,,
if most people had solar panels and evs for local use their smog problem wouldnt have existed,,

I have range anxiety on long trips through the mountains or across deserts with a gas car with a small tank,, I have had a few tight trips,,
LA has been having smog since the 40's because of it's mountain range which traps the atmosphere. EV regs took the color out of it but, it's still there a recent as 2020.

Forum List

Back