Has Fergussun Proved the Futility of Ending Racism?

The natural state of affairs is to segregate.
Can see we aren't going to agree at all then. I don't agree with you, and I can see the argument just going around in circles with counter-points. Whatever you want to believe. I see your argument as too black and white about the whole issue, and no that isn't some in-joke about the thread - but some of the time it seems that way in this thread.

Humans are tribal and ethnocentric and will naturally self segregate.
You can say "nuh uh" all you like. It's a fact.

No it's not a "fact," it's just your ignorant prejudice - again. Throughout history (ALL throughout) human beings in close proximity have mixed, mingled, and combined in every conceivable way. Always have, always will. Even when human beings and 'kinda-sorta' human beings have been in close proximity they have intermingled such that we still bear the evidence in our DNA to this day. You are too dim to understand history (or geography for that matter).

Can see we aren't going to agree at all then. I don't agree with you, and I can see the argument just going around in circles with counter-points. Whatever you want to believe. I see your argument as too black and white about the whole issue, and no that isn't some in-joke about the thread - but some of the time it seems that way in this thread.

No it's not a "fact," it's just your ignorant prejudice - again. Throughout history (ALL throughout) human beings in close proximity have mixed, mingled, and combined in every conceivable way. Always have, always will. Even when human beings and 'kinda-sorta' human beings have been in close proximity they have intermingled such that we still bear the evidence in our DNA to this day. You are too dim to understand history (or geography for that matter).

You're wrong and the rest of the post you selectively edited out proves it.

About your screen name?..did I get the right meaning in post #94?
That's correct, isn't it? The urban dictionary definition of "unkotare"?
It's accurate, isn't it?

:)

Not at all. Read the words you quoted.

I know what I posted....dodge all you like.

By the way, I was wondering if the urban dictionary definition of "unkotare" that I posted in #94 is accurate? Is that the correct definition of your screen name? :)

Humans are tribal and ethnocentric and will naturally self segregate. You can say "nuh uh" all you like. It's a fact.
Not really, tribes in early times did not discriminate on race, and early man bred with neanderthals too. To suggest that because groups divide on ethnic grounds or otherwise, that they are 'naturally segregationist' is absurd. Segregation is not 'natural' among humans, it is cultural and requires certain psychological conditions - like political, religious, or environmental reasons (and even though those groups still in the vast majority of cases don't dissuade other groups from living near or with them).

The vast majority of civilizations and tribes even since ancient times have been multi-cultural, racially diverse, but not 'naturally segregationist'. It is true that there are cases where segregation has existed, but very few where there were actual 'natural' cases of segregation - meaning groups that were isolated in places like Australia, the Amazon and parts of Africa.

What you have illustrated is not 'fact'. Segregation is not 'natural' in the vast majority of cases, but people uniting together in groups is. Can't understand how you can agree that collectivist groups exist, whilst trying to claim that humanity is 'naturally segregationist'.

Just because a few groups in a society may have wished to segregate, when the vast majority choose to collectivize together either in a nation-state or empire, does not mean humanity is naturally segregationist. You are confusing 'segregation' with group divisions, and a group doesn't need to be discriminatory or exclude others to exist - but instead gather people together with common languages, ideas or cultural values.

No dodge. I kindly informed you thusly: Throughout history (ALL throughout) human beings in close proximity have mixed, mingled, and combined in every conceivable way. Always have, always will. Even when human beings and 'kinda-sorta' human beings have been in close proximity they have intermingled such that we still bear the evidence in our DNA to this day.

No dodge. I kindly informed you thusly: Throughout history (ALL throughout) human beings in close proximity have mixed, mingled, and combined in every conceivable way. Always have, always will. Even when human beings and 'kinda-sorta' human beings have been in close proximity they have intermingled such that we still bear the evidence in our DNA to this day.

So.... psychology and every human behavior study and all the published works throughout history are all frauds ....LMAO...Ok..that's plausible.....

Well luckily for us, you and hipeter know more about human behavior than anyone else in the world based, no doubt, on your many years of advanced studies and volumes of published works.
Where did you say you got your doctorate in psychology and human behavior from? I missed that..

"The phenomenon of othering has its roots in our evolutionary history.
We know from primatological studies that group solidarity is exceptionally important in all of the African apes. Knowing who is, and who isn’t a member of your group is exceptionally important for reasons intimately connected to survival.
Basic evolution theory states that any behaviour or trait that confers a survival advantage will be selected for; and the stronger the survival advantage, the stronger it will be selected for.
In the case of ‘othering’ behaviour, it probably became an extremely valuable behaviour that would have become permanently fixed within our lineage millions of years ago.

Whenever territory, food, and mates were scarce (which would have been frequently, and in most cases permanently), intra-species competition would have been strong and othering behaviour would have been selected for.
Forming a group can allow you to align yourself with other individuals altruistically to maximize your own (and everyone else in the groups) ability to acquire territory, food and mating opportunities."

This psychological tactic had its uses in our tribal past. Group cohesion was crucially important in the early days of human civilisation, and required strong demarcation between our allies and our enemies.

To thrive, we needed to be part of a close-knit tribe who’d look out for us, in exchange for knowing that we’d help to look out for them in kind. People in your tribe, who live in the same community as you, are more likely to be closely related to you and consequently share your genes.

As a result, there’s a powerful evolutionary drive to identify in some way with a tribe of people who are “like you”, and to feel a stronger connection and allegiance to them than to anyone else. Today, this tribe might not be a local and insular community you grew up with, but can be, for instance, fellow supporters of a sports team or political party."

Powerful stuff, well constructed, articulated with near eloquence. Had this man been able to include your thoughts in this speech it might have been recorded in history as an oratory of monumental importance.

Powerful stuff, well constructed, articulated with near eloquence. Had this man been able to include your thoughts in this speech it might have been recorded in history as an oratory of monumental importance.

Aren't you the clever one. If he has to answer for Hitler why shouldn't you have to answer for Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pol, etc for Communism was all about reducing inequality in society and mass slaughter is a very effective technique for leveling inequality.

You know, your progressive taxation schemes are the first step to the Gulags so we need to stop you barbarians before you kill us all in the name of equality.

You like wearing that shoe?

Aren't you the clever one. If he has to answer for Hitler why shouldn't you have to answer for Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pol, etc for Communism was all about reducing inequality in society and mass slaughter is a very effective technique for leveling inequality.

You know, your progressive taxation schemes are the first step to the Gulags so we need to stop you barbarians before you kill us all in the name of equality.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Why would I answer for Mao, Stalin, Lenin......?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Why would I answer for Mao, Stalin, Lenin......?

Why throw a reference to Hitler into this conversation? Hitler is dead. He has nothing to do with what is happening in the world today.

For the past 50 years since the fight for the Civil Rights Act in 65, we have tried to end racism in this country.
And what do we have to show for it? Annual riots by minorities demanding more, angry about imagined slights like the totally justified shooting of Michael Brown, and now Eric Holder, supposedly our nations top Law Enforcement official goes to these criminals in Fergusun and tells them he shares their distrust of law enforcement? This is beyond stupidity and absurdity as Holder throws out any pretense of being anything other than a black AG.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is the simple question; Has our attempt to end racism been a failure?

All we have to show for it is that whites cannot defend themselves, even if being beaten to death, if the perp is a black man. Even if you have all the law and God on your side, the establishment will ruin your life and the legal fees impoverish you and your family. Whites cannot talk about their interests, celebrate their heroes or talk about white culture or show pride in being white. All the while being surrounded by black radio stations, black news papers, black entertainment, and every other ethnic group has its own version of it all as well.

Now if this were a universal standard for all ethnicities then something might be established that is at least fair and just to all parties, but no, all minorities are encouraged to take racial pride, show racial UNITY (WTF?) and even conservative blacks like Colin Powell knows he has to vote for the black man Obama or be branded a race traitor for ever more. Even a supposed conservative like Bill O'Reilly went on a rant about some kids in Georgia a few years ago who did nothing more than have a private graduation celebration and he branded it a 'whites only prom' and the hatred that was directed at these white students from all over the country was simply disgusting, assinine and cretinous. And yet no one ever dared to point out and criticize the many ethnic centered graduations and proms that go on every year by hispanics, asians and blacks. That is all OK, only whites are forbidden to have such, and in our own god damned country.

All our effort to end racism has done is turn white people into punching bags, eternal victims and fucking epic losers. Show me another civilization aside from Western civilization where an ethnic group has abandoned all rights to defend itself even within its own borders. That is what we have come to, an impotent, group of ethnic losers who nature will erase if something does not change.

Would we be justified to look at what is considered justified ethnic pride/practice among minority populations and take the same tacks for ourselves? It seems that way

Enough is enough, fuck it. The effort to end racism is nothing more than a fools game with whites meant to be the eternal losers.

I once was proud to think I was not a racist, now I feel like I have been played for a sucker. Where do the facts show that feeling wrong?

Easy answer.........

Most bigots don't know they are bigots...

For the past 50 years since the fight for the Civil Rights Act in 65, we have tried to end racism in this country.
And what do we have to show for it? Annual riots by minorities demanding more, angry about imagined slights like the totally justified shooting of Michael Brown, and now Eric Holder, supposedly our nations top Law Enforcement official goes to these criminals in Fergusun and tells them he shares their distrust of law enforcement? This is beyond stupidity and absurdity as Holder throws out any pretense of being anything other than a black AG.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is the simple question; Has our attempt to end racism been a failure?

All we have to show for it is that whites cannot defend themselves, even if being beaten to death, if the perp is a black man. Even if you have all the law and God on your side, the establishment will ruin your life and the legal fees impoverish you and your family. Whites cannot talk about their interests, celebrate their heroes or talk about white culture or show pride in being white. All the while being surrounded by black radio stations, black news papers, black entertainment, and every other ethnic group has its own version of it all as well.

Now if this were a universal standard for all ethnicities then something might be established that is at least fair and just to all parties, but no, all minorities are encouraged to take racial pride, show racial UNITY (WTF?) and even conservative blacks like Colin Powell knows he has to vote for the black man Obama or be branded a race traitor for ever more. Even a supposed conservative like Bill O'Reilly went on a rant about some kids in Georgia a few years ago who did nothing more than have a private graduation celebration and he branded it a 'whites only prom' and the hatred that was directed at these white students from all over the country was simply disgusting, assinine and cretinous. And yet no one ever dared to point out and criticize the many ethnic centered graduations and proms that go on every year by hispanics, asians and blacks. That is all OK, only whites are forbidden to have such, and in our own god damned country.

All our effort to end racism has done is turn white people into punching bags, eternal victims and fucking epic losers. Show me another civilization aside from Western civilization where an ethnic group has abandoned all rights to defend itself even within its own borders. That is what we have come to, an impotent, group of ethnic losers who nature will erase if something does not change.

Would we be justified to look at what is considered justified ethnic pride/practice among minority populations and take the same tacks for ourselves? It seems that way

Enough is enough, fuck it. The effort to end racism is nothing more than a fools game with whites meant to be the eternal losers.

I once was proud to think I was not a racist, now I feel like I have been played for a sucker. Where do the facts show that feeling wrong?

Easy answer.........

Most bigots don't know they are bigots...

Do you know that you are an anti-white bigot? That is what you seem to imply8 here by such an unconditional and broad statement; it swallows you as well.

Begs the questions: Why do these racist morons all sound like disappointed children? And will they ever grow up?

Lol, you throw out a few lines of ad hominem bullshit and then ask why these racists you wont name sound like disappointed children.

roflmao

So you concede that you have no answers no response other than, 'That is the way it is, suck it up.'

Yes, that is the way it is and the realization of it is growing. And you wont like it when we suck it up, whiney little bitch.

As a result, there’s a powerful evolutionary drive to identify in some way with a tribe of people who are “like you”, and to feel a stronger connection and allegiance to them than to anyone else. Today, this tribe might not be a local and insular community you grew up with, but can be, for instance, fellow supporters of a sports team or political party."

So everyone who defends there own tribe or prefers to live among their own tribe is Hitler? Really?

So Jewish Israel is full of Hitlers? LULAC is full of Hitlers? the NAACP is full of Hitlers?

lol, you are so full of shit.

Forum List

Back