Has Fergussun Proved the Futility of Ending Racism?

I've boldtexted a few phrases you use at the core of your argument.

You do realize that it evolution, in biological evolution, we see evolutionary dead-ends, mutations which don't confer advantages, etc. Cultural change from the status quo doesn't AUTOMATICALLY imply progress to a better state of affairs.

Your statement that we "need to interact" is highly normative, meaning that it is a "Should" type of statement rather than an "IS" statement. In other words, you think we should interact but we most certainly don't have to interact. The Japanese seem to love their society and they don't want to interact with other cultures embedded into their own.

There should be nothing to fear about "going backwards" once you've conducted an experiment and have seen that it has failed. Cultures acknowledge this phenomenon with sayings like "No sense throwing good money after bad" and "It's time to cut our losses."

Look at what is happening with white flight all over the nation. People are voting with their feet. Boston schools are now 14% white. One would think that this would be a huge attraction for Boston's white liberals - they could send their own kids to these schools and their precious children could be bathed in glorious multiculturalism and those BENEFIT compared to the children who attend mostly white schools. Is this happening though? No, it's not. There is a massive disconnect between what people say they desire (more multiculturalism and integration) and how they choose to live their lives (more segregation and fleeing multiculturalism.)

The costs of fleeing multiculturalism are horrendous. People are beggaring themselves to buy houses in neighborhoods with few minorities and good schools. The high cost of housing doesn't have so much to do with the materials of the house construction but with the exclusivity of the neighborhood. This high cost of housing in desired neighborhoods is forcing people to delay family formation and then also forcing them to limit the size of their family due to the expense of raising children, expenses largely driven by the need to segregate. Those Boston parents don't NEED to send their kids to private schools, they could send them to the 14% white public schools. They won't do that because they don't want to sacrifice the welfare of their own children.

There are huge, HUGE costs which come with integration and the outcomes of integration are not really desired by most people.

So your solution is institute segregation? The 19th century called, they want their ideas back.

Call President Clinton - tell him that living in Chappaqua where only 0.94% of the population is black is so 19th Century of him.

I've boldtexted a few phrases you use at the core of your argument.

You do realize that it evolution, in biological evolution, we see evolutionary dead-ends, mutations which don't confer advantages, etc. Cultural change from the status quo doesn't AUTOMATICALLY imply progress to a better state of affairs.

Your statement that we "need to interact" is highly normative, meaning that it is a "Should" type of statement rather than an "IS" statement. In other words, you think we should interact but we most certainly don't have to interact. The Japanese seem to love their society and they don't want to interact with other cultures embedded into their own.

There should be nothing to fear about "going backwards" once you've conducted an experiment and have seen that it has failed. Cultures acknowledge this phenomenon with sayings like "No sense throwing good money after bad" and "It's time to cut our losses."

Look at what is happening with white flight all over the nation. People are voting with their feet. Boston schools are now 14% white. One would think that this would be a huge attraction for Boston's white liberals - they could send their own kids to these schools and their precious children could be bathed in glorious multiculturalism and those BENEFIT compared to the children who attend mostly white schools. Is this happening though? No, it's not. There is a massive disconnect between what people say they desire (more multiculturalism and integration) and how they choose to live their lives (more segregation and fleeing multiculturalism.)

The costs of fleeing multiculturalism are horrendous. People are beggaring themselves to buy houses in neighborhoods with few minorities and good schools. The high cost of housing doesn't have so much to do with the materials of the house construction but with the exclusivity of the neighborhood. This high cost of housing in desired neighborhoods is forcing people to delay family formation and then also forcing them to limit the size of their family due to the expense of raising children, expenses largely driven by the need to segregate. Those Boston parents don't NEED to send their kids to private schools, they could send them to the 14% white public schools. They won't do that because they don't want to sacrifice the welfare of their own children.

There are huge, HUGE costs which come with integration and the outcomes of integration are not really desired by most people.

So your solution is institute segregation? The 19th century called, they want their ideas back.

Call President Clinton - tell him that living in Chappaqua where only 0.94% of the population is black is so 19th Century of him.
can you rationalize any harder?

It amazing to read the hatred, ignorance a vs racism that is on this thread. Wow is all I will say

Liberals will be liberals. What can we do?
fringe right racists will be fringe right racists...who the fuck is we ....klan member are we or is it stormfront?

It must be tough to deal with the fact that more racists voted for Obama in 2008 than voted for McCain.
only in your wettest dream.

By the cons theory if all blacks who voted for President Obama are racist than all whites who voted for McCain should be racist too. They forget the fact that minorities have been voting democratic for years and black people can vote on the issues and think Obama is the better candidate for them. The GOP seems to forget their has been 43 white president before president Obama. How come it's not racist when whites vote for McCain? It's only racist when blacks do it. That's doesn't make sense to me. Racism is racism. It's not right either way.

It amazing to read the hatred, ignorance a vs racism that is on this thread. Wow is all I will say

Liberals will be liberals. What can we do?
fringe right racists will be fringe right racists...who the fuck is we ....klan member are we or is it stormfront?

It must be tough to deal with the fact that more racists voted for Obama in 2008 than voted for McCain.
only in your wettest dream
CNN Exit polls asked respondents their views on race. Of those who claimed that race was their principal criteria for choosing the candidate, Obama won by a landslide.

]only in your wettest dream.

If it's racist when one declares "I don't like that man BECAUSE he is black" then how is it not similarly racist to declare "I like that man BECAUSE he is black.?"

In both cases the individual is being judged for his race and not as an individual. That's dehumanizing.

Most of the liberals and moderates in my workplace who voted for Obama made a huge, HUGE, deal about his race and how their vote for him symbolized that they weren't racists. They were frickin racists because they voted for him for symbolic reasons and those reasons had to do with his race.

Not a liberal a conservative. Not a supporter of obama etc. However, racism is a sickness. I'm glad I'm not stricken with it

I grew up 75% black in kck. Now in the Woodjands Texas. MBA in finance/ econ. Now regional director for the largest medical device organization in the world, in the diabetes division. Seen both sides poor, now doing well, poverty and mostly black neighborhoods and now monthly white and NOT proud of it, only reason I chose living where I am is the schools for my children are top notch.

Money, race does not define who you are. I have seen the best from people with the least, and have seen and heard the worst from people with the most. I'm so tired of hearing your not like them... Etc is BS

This is another incident where people look at the issue and most of the views fall along racial lines . Sad. I truly see both sides, ONCE. We get factual and vetted information. Right now it's peoples perceptions .

I grew up 75% black in kck. Now in the Woodjands Texas. MBA in finance/ econ. Now regional director for the largest medical device organization in the world, in the diabetes division. Seen both sides poor, now doing well, poverty and mostly black neighborhoods and now monthly white and NOT proud of it, only reason I chose living where I am is the schools for my children are top notch.

Money, race does not define who you are. I have seen the best from people with the least, and have seen and heard the worst from people with the most. I'm so tired of hearing your not like them... Etc is BS

This is another incident where people look at the issue and most of the views fall along racial lines . Sad. I truly see both sides, ONCE. We get factual and vetted information. Right now it's peoples perceptions .

Let's see..Woodlands Texas
The Woodlands Texas Population Demographics

Ethnicity & Racial Makeup:
92.4% White
2.8% Asian
1.8% African American
.3% Native American
1.4% Other Races
1.4% Two or more Races
Hispanic or Latino of any race: 6.65%

Nice..another limousine liberal racial "expert" far removed from the problem...
The one's with the least proximity to negro crime are ALWAYS the experts in race relations and "RACISM"

They're top notch because they have few black & Hispanic students. Quality of school is correlated with proportion of students who are minority.

I have always agreed that voting for Obama because he was black is racist. And??!

Tell me this what candidate on the Republican Party out forward an Agenda that targeted poor or minorities. I bet if you were a black or Hispanic following all the rules , going to college , good job etc you would still vote democratic because the republican/tea party was filled with hate, racism etc. Saying it was ok to racially profile all Hispanics in Arizona etc .. Wow. Whites supported this, same whites who cried this is ok because of border issues , then started whining about having to submit to random checks at the airport .., wow .. Just a Glimpse of what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot... And faux news goes crazy. ..

Rotagilla - stop with that childish immature statements - I'm not attacking you. Just discussion. Anyone can type tough on a chat blog... Let's stay mature / as for who I am. Sorry but I help out the minority community in many ways- helps to do research before opening your mouth. Might be shocked at what you find out

Rotagilla - stop with that childish immature statements - I'm not attacking you. Just discussion. Anyone can type tough on a chat blog... Let's stay mature / as for who I am. Sorry but I help out the minority community in many ways- helps to do research before opening your mouth. Might be shocked at what you find out

Type tough?

Purposely mischaracterizing what I said isn't helpful.
Living in a 91% white/1% black area really doesn't make you an expert on racial relations.

Come walk through a section 8 project here in 70% black new orleans at midnight..hell try it in broad daylight...

Try walking down 8 Mile Rd in Detroit at night..or broad daylight.

It's nice to sit far away and tut tut at all the evil, white, racist bigots...when you don't have to live around negro crime, violence and dysfunction

"They're top notch because they have few black & Hispanic students. Quality of school is correlated with proportion of students who are minority." Maybe there is a reason. Could be the inequalities in the school systems. & jobs etc that have inner city schools for years . Most blacks in the inner city are not born into money or blessed from Birth with a socio economic system in place the way the suburbs are.

I see what we have on here is many who simply feel they have a god given right to think they are better. Funny in sports in education now in jobs I have never and neither will
Any of my family members ever find that to be the case .

Read the first part of your post - secondly where you live does not define you or outline what you do to give back or help. I can chose to lind where I want and help others like me.

Tell me this what candidate on the Republican Party out forward an Agenda that targeted poor or minorities.

There is ancient wisdom that still applies to life and it needs to be translated into government policy, such as this:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime​

You're asking what the conservative position is on giving out fishes. The liberals gives out fishes, so what are the conservatives proposing to do to match them. My answer is nothing should be done. The effort is better spent on creating the proper conditions for people to catch their own fish.

Now this message has appeal to some people and is utterly rejected by those who just want fish given to them. If people choose to be willfully dependent on government that shouldn't mean that conservatives need to abandon their focus on teaching people how to fish.

I bet if you were a black or Hispanic following all the rules , going to college , good job etc you would still vote democratic because the republican/tea party was filled with hate, racism etc.

Hey, I never said that liberals weren't good propagandists, look at how they've snookered you.

Saying it was ok to racially profile all Hispanics in Arizona etc .. Wow.

See what I mean about how you've been snookered.

Try coming into my ols neighborhood in east at Louis then kck , .. Try it for one day. I do monthly, again you have no idea what your talking about or who your talking too or what I've done or I am doing.

Forum List

Back