Have any of you disowned a gay child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
_ _ _ _ your "GOD"
And that helped how?
It's demonstrating his atheistic superiority towards Christians...

No, it's demonstrating my intolerance of your intolerance.
My life has been blessed beyond my wildest dreams and it could only be because the Big Guy upstairs cut me a lot of breaks. It's only when I run into preachy self righteous bombasts such as yourself that I take on an attitude.
You sir are seemingly intolerant of a difference of opinion with your motives/values. I didn't write the Bible. I merely agree with what it presents. Show me my error in its understanding. Selfrighteousness is self originating. Blessings and being happy do not necessarily go hand in hand. Joy and blessings do. Joy is possible even in the face of adversity --- as are blessings. A break came when Jesus the Messiah died on the cross for the payment of sin. A blessing comes when one accepts the gift.

See your previous attacks. We're done.

LittleNipperVIP Member
  • You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content
You see disagreement as an attack. That is your shortcoming and not mine. If we are done, it is on accout of your desire and not that of my own.

Homosexual children, I can't personally speak to. I will say that I have homosexual relatives, and most of my family is some variety of fundamentalist Christian. It's a touchy area to navigate, but then, a lot of family issues are touchy to navigate.

Generally speaking, the attitude in my family is that you disapprove of people's actions, but family is still family. You don't stop loving people simply because you disapprove of something you do. Their partners, if they have any, are treated more or less the same as any other significant other being introduced into the family. They're invited to family gatherings, and our behavior toward them depends entirely on their behavior as individuals. In return, we expect that the beliefs of other family members be treated with the same respect.

So far, we have not been faced with the question of any homosexual family members getting "married". If it happened, I would assume each family member would have to decide individually what their personal beliefs required of them vis a vis attending. I suspect a lot of us wouldn't attend, but we would decline the invitation courteously and diplomatically.
So basically you grin and bear the homosexuals in your family. Thanks for sharing that.

No, we love them as family members, the same as we did before they came out, because they are still the same people they always were.
So, if one gets married, are you going and wishing them well...?

I always wish my family members well, but no, I would not attend.

So we have a "compassionate libertarian" with an intense desire to practice eugenics who uses words like "men kind" and a big cowboy who knows faggots when he sees em, and a pokemon named picaro
I picked John wayne, that's right, bitch! Because of the bombasticness. I'm a bombastic person.

You shoulda seen when I went over to the dykes house the other night. I tell it like it is baby, No filter.

Oh so you LIKE the lesbians!! Hey wow.
I'm OK with that. The faggotry, notsomuch. Sorry. :rolleyes:

No one actually gives two shits what you're okay with or not okay with.
See, that's the whole point. You can be not okay with any shred of it, just let my gay friends lead their lives and stop trying to dictate what rights they have or don't have.

I started the thread because I do have a lot of gay friends, and most of them come from homes where they were disowned. It was idle curiosity. To a one, they all said that they doubted any parent would come forward and explain why they disowned their gay kids, but that hordes of people would be eager to share their anti-gay views, and weigh in on how well they understand the dynamics of homosexuality, and they assured me that I would encounter at least one or two "straight types" who are actually closeted raging queens.
They assured me that the one or two straights who claimed to know the most were probably the queens in the bunch.

And goddam if they weren't 100% right on every single point.
Marion Morrison, you are the winner on this thread.
Don't be ashamed.
No one actually gives a shit about your perversion until you bring it out into public. Keep it private where it belongs. Don't march in our churches to force them to accept your gayness. Don't march down our streets to force normal people to accept you. Live your life and stay away from everyone elses.

Since it's not my "perversion" here's what I observe:
I observe my friends being denied access to the hospital when their MARRIED significant other is ill, because a state refuses to recognize gay marriage. Now that it's been legalized in all 50 states, hospitals can't do that anymore, but that bothers people like you and the other idiots on this thread.
I observe my friends being denied the same employment rights.
I observe discrimination in all areas.
These aren't people who devote much energy to displaying who they are, and they already lead fairly
private lives.
But they will continue to appear in public, even on your streets. They're not asking for your permission or forcing you to accept their orientation. They're demanding you take your foot off their throat.
You might never know who they are until YOU start screeching in public about your fear of them. So the same goes for you. They don't give a shit about your hangups and narrow minded views until you make them public, or until you hurt your children. They vote, and they are even sometimes armed.

You know what they say about an armed society, it's a polite society.

I call bullshit. You "observe friends being denied access to the hospital"? Really? What state do YOU live in, where the hospitals have velvet ropes, bouncers, and guest lists? Where I live, anyone at all can sashay into a hospital and visit friends, neighbors, or even total strangers, if that floats their boat.

And what "employment rights" are you observing your friends being denied that isn't generating a complaint to your local EEOC?

What a complete load of shit.

Homosexual children, I can't personally speak to. I will say that I have homosexual relatives, and most of my family is some variety of fundamentalist Christian. It's a touchy area to navigate, but then, a lot of family issues are touchy to navigate.

Generally speaking, the attitude in my family is that you disapprove of people's actions, but family is still family. You don't stop loving people simply because you disapprove of something you do. Their partners, if they have any, are treated more or less the same as any other significant other being introduced into the family. They're invited to family gatherings, and our behavior toward them depends entirely on their behavior as individuals. In return, we expect that the beliefs of other family members be treated with the same respect.

So far, we have not been faced with the question of any homosexual family members getting "married". If it happened, I would assume each family member would have to decide individually what their personal beliefs required of them vis a vis attending. I suspect a lot of us wouldn't attend, but we would decline the invitation courteously and diplomatically.
So basically you grin and bear the homosexuals in your family. Thanks for sharing that.

No, we love them as family members, the same as we did before they came out, because they are still the same people they always were.

Of course I would attend, and it matters not to me if they are homosexual or heterosexual.

Enlightenment comes from GOD and not from the latest fad or notion, nor what everyone wishes to believe.

_ _ _ _ your "GOD"
And that helped how?

My life has been blessed beyond my wildest dreams and it could only be because the Big Guy upstairs cut me a lot of breaks. It's only when I run into preachy self righteous bombasts such as yourself that I take on an attitude.
You sir are seemingly intolerant of a difference of opinion with your motives/values. I didn't write the Bible. I merely agree with what it presents. Show me my error in its understanding. Selfrighteousness is self originating. Blessings and being happy do not necessarily go hand in hand. Joy and blessings do. Joy is possible even in the face of adversity --- as are blessings. A break came when Jesus the Messiah died on the cross for the payment of sin. A blessing comes when one accepts the gift.

out of curiosity, why do you think anyone should tolerate your intolerance?

I'm pretty sure the enlightenment happened when the dark ages of church rule ended. THAT is what history tells us. And no, I'm not an atheist. But the Ten Commandments can be broken down into one sentence, treat others as you would be treated. MY talmud also tells me saving one person is saving the world. As you should know, Jesus, being a Jew, believed that as well. And he said an awful lot about caring for the poor...about not judging others... but never a single word about gays.

:thup:

_ _ _ _ your "GOD"
And that helped how?

I'm pretty sure the enlightenment happened when the dark ages of church rule ended. THAT is what history tells us. And no, I'm not an atheist. But the Ten Commandments can be broken down into one sentence, treat others as you would be treated. MY talmud also tells me saving one person is saving the world. As you should know, Jesus, being a Jew, believed that as well. And he said an awful lot about caring for the poor...about not judging others... but never a single word about gays.

For the same reason you think people should tolerate YOUR intolerance: because we all have the right to our beliefs and the expression of them.

I don't recall the First Amendment saying "freedom of speech, so long as Jillian approves of what you're saying".

As for the Enlightenment, you're sure of a lot of things that are complete bullshit. Why should this be any different? Hell, look at your complete misunderstanding of what's in the Ten Commandments.

:lmao:

The homophobe is unmasked.

Whereas the idiot was always obvious.

Why not, as long as you didn't dispute what I said, it's all good. :clap2:

For the same reason you think people should tolerate YOUR intolerance: because we all have the right to our beliefs and the expression of them.

I don't recall the First Amendment saying "freedom of speech, so long as Jillian approves of what you're saying".

As for the Enlightenment, you're sure of a lot of things that are complete bullshit. Why should this be any different? Hell, look at your complete misunderstanding of what's in the Ten Commandments.

Isn't the freedom of expression great?

Let everyone run their mouths without fear of retribution and they will run their mouths.

This way anyone who has ears to hear will know where all the assholes are and what they are up to.

The founding fathers were brilliant!

Carry on..

And that helped how?

you, as usual, have everything backwars. perhaps if you left your whips and chains and read an actual history book, you'd know that.

Matthew 22:37
37And He (Jesus) said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

37And He (Jesus) said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
d1b5407fd426ce018bcd1dee20436a69.jpg
th
the-gargantuan-promiscuity-of-the-seventies-gay-male-world-was-a-pagan-phenomenon-unequaled-in-quote-1.jpg

th
the-gargantuan-promiscuity-of-the-seventies-gay-male-world-was-a-pagan-phenomenon-unequaled-in-quote-1.jpg
Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’" will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

The reality is that it is all about what JESUS DID/DOES in one's life. It isn't about what anyone, you or I did/do that saves us! And if you note, many will be under the false impression that it's what they do that's important! "God! Didn't I do this and that and say this and that. Wasn't I so good and special and smart and clever ? Isn't it all about my abilities to serve you?"

Last edited:
th
Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’" will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

The reality is that it is all about what JESUS DID/DOES in one's life. It isn't about what anyone, you or I did/do that saves us! And if you note, many will be under the false impression that it's what they do that's important! "God! Didn't I do this and that and say this and that. Wasn't I so good and special and smart and clever ? Isn't it all about my abilities to serve you?"
th
GIF-are-you-sure-bitch-please-bug-eyes-disbelief-Kenan-Thompson-o-rly-oh-really-ok-then-snl-surprised-yeah-right-GIF.gif

Why not, as long as you didn't dispute what I said, it's all good. :clap2:

What's it like, being so stupid that you don't recognize when a "lack of dispute" means that you're not worthy of an effort? I mean, damn. It must really suck, being unable to even know when people are spitting on you.

you, as usual, have everything backwars. perhaps if you left your whips and chains and read an actual history book, you'd know that.

Are you still obsessed with trying to judge my sex life? I honestly don't know if I'm more disturbed by your fixation, or amused by your Puritanical hypocrisy.

Enlightenment comes from GOD and not from the latest fad or notion, nor what everyone wishes to believe.

_ _ _ _ your "GOD"
And that helped how?

You do realize that Charlemagne only allowed in the bible what he felt supported the Roman Empire. It is not gods book it is mans book.

Title says it all.
The question is aimed at parents.
Do you have any gay children, and if so, have you disconnected from them or disowned them in any way?
Have you cut off communications with them entirely, or say perhaps, did you refuse to attend their gay wedding, or did you cut off financial support or school tuition?
Anything along those lines.

We've already no doubt seen several discussion threads where gay people have discussed being cut off or disowned by their parents, so now I'd like to see if anyone from the parental side is willing to discuss their side of the issue.

MY own VIEWS are NOT as IMPORTANT, because as it turns out, both my kids are apparently hetero.
For the record, both of us would support/stand by either of our kids if they turned out to be gay, but they are hetero, so I am much more interested in hearing from those who do not share that view, watching the discussion develop between the other members.
I would not disown them. Nothing would change! Why would it? What do I give a shit about what happens in thier bedroom? I would rather they refain from such things as sex of any sort in a bedroom I am paying for. As long as it is their bedroom they can do what the hell they want, aint america great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back