Have any of you disowned a gay child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title says it all.
The question is aimed at parents.
Do you have any gay children, and if so, have you disconnected from them or disowned them in any way?
Have you cut off communications with them entirely, or say perhaps, did you refuse to attend their gay wedding, or did you cut off financial support or school tuition?
Anything along those lines.

We've already no doubt seen several discussion threads where gay people have discussed being cut off or disowned by their parents, so now I'd like to see if anyone from the parental side is willing to discuss their side of the issue.

MY own VIEWS are NOT as IMPORTANT, because as it turns out, both my kids are apparently hetero.
For the record, both of us would support/stand by either of our kids if they turned out to be gay, but they are hetero, so I am much more interested in hearing from those who do not share that view, watching the discussion develop between the other members.

Don't have any children. But if I did, I guarantee you they would not be gay.

How would you know?
Proverbs 22:6

“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”

The anti Christian culture peer pressure is so prevalent today that trying to raise kids to be normal is next to impossible. If you're a kid that tries to live a Good moral life you will be ridiculed and mocked. If you're a tribal sexual freak with a ring in your nose and a nail in your tongue then you'll be accepted.

Title says it all.
Do you have any gay children, and if so, have you disconnected from them or disowned them in any way?
Have you cut off communications with them entirely, or say perhaps, did you refuse to attend their gay wedding, or did you cut off financial support or school tuition?

We've already no doubt seen several discussion threads where gay people have discussed being cut off or disowned by their parents, so now I'd like to see if anyone from the parental side is willing to discuss their side of the issue.

MY own VIEWS are NOT as IMPORTANT, because as it turns out, both my kids are apparently hetero.
For the record, both of us would support/stand by either of our kids if they turned out to be gay, but they are hetero, so I am much more interested in hearing from those who do not share that view, watching the discussion develop between the other members.

That is the stupidest thing that I ever heard!!!:asshole::asshole::asshole:

I'm sure Dick Cheney felt the same way ;)
You can't be sure of that unless he told you how he felt.

I can be 100% sure because of his stated positions on the issue PRIOR to his daughter coming out, and his change of heart AFTER she came out.
And by the way, that's also no different than Nancy Reagan's stated positions on stem cell research PRIOR to Ronnie having Alzheimer's versus her change of heart AFTERWARD.

Sorry you were not aware of the Cheney family change of heart but it's very old news.
It's also very old news that Right wingers are always against something till it affects them directly, and they're always sure they would never have a gay kid, until they suddenly DO have one.

Title says it all.

How would you know?

“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”

Sexual orientation cannot be "trained up".

Last edited:
Title says it all.

How would you know?

Sexual orientation cannot be "trained up".
So, you believe that it's genetic? LOLOL! What a buffoon.

I can be 100% sure because of his stated positions on the issue PRIOR to his daughter coming out, and his change of heart AFTER she came out.
And by the way, that's also no different than Nancy Reagan's stated positions on stem cell research PRIOR to Ronnie having Alzheimer's versus her change of heart AFTERWARD.

Sorry you were not aware of the Cheney family change of heart but it's very old news.
It's also very old news that Right wingers are always against something till it affects them directly, and they're always sure they would never have a gay kid, until they suddenly DO have one.
If I had children, they would not be gay.

No such thing as a gay child. Sexually confused, yes.
More stupidity!! :banana2:
Well then, you MUST ALSO accept that a child can be a baby molestor from birth and that's ok.... Do you make up your own morality and acceptable behavior patterns based upon Y O U R own limits of acceptance or do you consider that absolutes can and do exist ---- and who or what created them?

Last edited:

It's my opinion there is no such thing as a gay kid. They're confused. I would love them regardless. I raised my kids with the instruction of Godly values and knowing who they are. Homosexuality is sin, just like drunkenness, gluttony, adultery, fornication, etc. The problem with today's kids is many parents are accepting the teaching of the world instead of Godly instruction.

No such thing as a gay child. Sexually confused, yes.
More stupidity!! :banana2:
Why is my post stupid?
Because he didn't understand it? BWAHAHAHA!
What I understand is that to say that there is no such thing as a gay child.....or that no child of mine would be gay....is FUCKING STUPIS AS STUPID GETS.
That's your opinion. I have mine. You're no more stupid than I am.

Title says it all.

I have a grown daughter. She is not gay, but if she was, I would still love her as much as I do now. She is my daughter, what is not to love? Anyone who disowns a child for being gay, doesn't deserve to be a parent.

It's my opinion there is no such thing as a gay kid. They're confused. I would love them regardless. I raised my kids with the instruction of Godly values and knowing who they are. Homosexuality is sin, just like drunkenness, gluttony, adultery, fornication, etc. The problem with today's kids is many parents are accepting the teaching of the world instead of Godly instruction.

You're entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back