🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Have you had this experience in dealing with the left?

Yep....and a liberal can never be wrong.
It happens, rarely. We work that out in advance, one of the advantages of having an open versus a closed mind.
Yep.....you work out your excuse in advance.
Nope, we work out the details. Again, you don't want to know, you want to repeat what you've been told.

I go by what you provide as examples.
Examples? Like Free Speech, Freedom of Religion, Capitalism, Equality? You mean that shit? Yep.
Yes, but do you understand those words, or are you trying to play the victim?

Liberals don't believe in any of them. Especially Capitalism. They believe charity is to be forced by the government. Freedom of speech only applies to the consensus of liberal minds. Freedom of religion only applies to Islam. Equality is only for blacks, homosexuals, and angry women wearing comfortable shoes.

I've had this experience around 2000. I supported the invasion of Iraq but I defended those who opposed it. I just kind of thought it was healthy for people to disagree with going to war with another country. One of my 'conservative' coworkers who was a soldier during the korean war thought that people shouldn't disagree with their government when it goes to war but I explained that disagreement might be good for good decision making within a democracy. One of my 'liberal' coworkers, of course, jumped on that and seem to be on my side until I mentioned I liked watching the Rush Limbaugh show. It was at that point I became his enemy all because I said I liked watching his show.

I don't know if any other liberal or independent might have had any similar experiences dealing with the left? The minute you disagree with the left on anything you immediately get labeled as a conservative.
Liberals today dont really listen to anyone and think about what the individual says. They view people as being either good or bad, black or white, and they dont bother trying to sort through all the claims and evidence and logic to ferret out who is what or why.

They most certainly engage in conversation and listen to what other people say and think. The same sweeping generalizations you're making about "liberals" can be made about "conservatives". Do you have anything good to say about people you have labeled "liberal"?

That is why, even though I am not a Republican or a conservative, liberals keep referring to me as rightwing. They cannot grasp that someone can disagree with them and not be right wing.

And then you jump to sweeping generalizations about the people who disagree with you. If you don't want people to pigeon-hole you, then don't do it to others.

That you listen to Rush proves to them that you are on the dark side and cannot be trusted. He may have felt betrayed by you in some fashion also.

Why do you listen to him? You should know that he's a polarizing figure. He makes his money by stoking hate and controversy. You're free to listen to whoever you want. But you must know that some things, such as the words you choose, the books you read, the independent efforts you make at self-education, the programs you watch or listen to, etc., . . say something about you as a person. So what message do you want your audience to get about you when you tell them that you listen to Rush?

I believe people who lean toward the left are the ones who have repeatedly demonstrated that they read relevant statutory law and supreme court decisions and apply the language and legal concepts to similar cases and controversies. From my observations, they are less likely to fall victim to logical fallacies and disingenuous arguments. They employ critical thinking skills..

Lol, OMG, please give me one example of this. Just one.

You didn't quote my post in its entirety.

Check out Sil's and her choir's anti-gay threads and posts on this discussion board. Many examples are present.

I have seen plenty of Sils posts, and while he is far more rational than most liberals most of the time, it isnt what I consider critical thinking.

For example he seems to fail to distinguish between those opposed to gay marriage but support civil unions for them vrs those that oppose any legal recognition of homo spousal partnerships. His talking points memo doesnt seem to have that third pigeonhole for him to use.

But I asked for only one example, you failed to do so, so I think it justifiable to say that rational critical thought among liberals is simply a myth.
The primary reason the left is so anti-Republican is because of the homosexual agenda. Look online and you discover that many of the leading liberals in Hollywood are Gay or bisexual. Therefore they hate Christians, conservatives, heterosexuals, and especially Republicans.

You're wrong. People who lean left are anti-oppression. Throughout history, oppression has proven to be a bad thing. People who lean left do not hate Christians, conservatives, heterosexuals or Republicans. Left-leaning people fight against oppression. If a Christian seeks to oppress others, even if he does so in the name of God, a left-leaning person will express disagreement. Disagreement is not hate.

And thus you're in denial.

I think if it wasn't rhetoric supplied to you by Democrats you never would even attempt to take those silly positions.

Face it. Liberals are con artists. If they're wrong, they either dream up an excuse or simply ignore it and change the subject.
Face it, you're an idiot who has no idea what a liberal is, let alone what they believe. You were told they are bad people, and you believe it.
So you're saying that your problem is nobody understands you fuckers?
You don't want to understand therefore, you don't.
I understand completely.
Liberals have their own world and the rest of us live in this one.

Our country, the one we live in, was founded by liberals. It was the liberals--the ones who believed that we were all created equal--who fought the union side of the civil war and emanicipated the slaves. It was the liberals who fought for civil rights. It was the liberals who fought for legislation to protect children (e.g., child labor laws), and the environment, and the economy so that we could all prosper. If you're a citizen of the United States, you live in a country created and perpetuated by liberals.

Let the conflation begin!

Nope, never had that but I keep my politics mostly to myself. My clients think I'm a conservative, since nearly everyone here is and I have the same work ethic, even better in most cases.

And most liberals are hardly going to pat you on the back for listening to a program that people who like it are perfectly willing to call themselves Dittoheads. Liberals think for themselves, it's part of being a liberal.

Liberals think for themselves? I guess that's why when one of their own uses certain phrases, it doesn't take long for the butt lickers on here to start repeating those Liberal phrases.

Megadittoes Con!!!

Show me where I've used such a phrase. I can show you where plenty have repeated phrases like "you didn't build that", "code words for racism", and the like. If you don't want to be considered a Liberal puppet, quit letting your handlers yank your strings.

The above is very disingenuous, the same as conservatives who cling to the "state rights" mantra is disingenuous because they use it to justify the passage of state laws that oppress others.

When the mantra "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever," lost its efficacy after Brown v. Board of Education, then the proponents of segregation began hanging their hats on "state rights". Historical evidence of conservative use of state powers to oppress women, minorities, and disfavored groups discloses animus. Racism, for instance, is animus directed toward minorities.

States' rights is used to explain how the Constitution was written and something you hate.

Racism is used by minorities with program like affirmative action. They complain about race being used to deny yet don't have a problem with race being used when they benefit from it.

I love the Constitution. It's my best friend when debating or writing about rights and the protection of rights. You fail to understand that the post-civil war amendments to the Constitution gutted a state's power to oppress people. But, states are crafty. They still enact legislation and policies that effectively disadvantage disfavored groups of people, which results in court challenges. Perhaps you don't like that race might be a factor involved in our politics, but I doubt you've had to walk miles in the shoes of people who have been historically oppressed and still experience the ill-effects today.

Liberals think for themselves? I guess that's why when one of their own uses certain phrases, it doesn't take long for the butt lickers on here to start repeating those Liberal phrases.

Megadittoes Con!!!

Show me where I've used such a phrase. I can show you where plenty have repeated phrases like "you didn't build that", "code words for racism", and the like. If you don't want to be considered a Liberal puppet, quit letting your handlers yank your strings.

The above is very disingenuous, the same as conservatives who cling to the "state rights" mantra is disingenuous because they use it to justify the passage of state laws that oppress others.

When the mantra "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever," lost its efficacy after Brown v. Board of Education, then the proponents of segregation began hanging their hats on "state rights". Historical evidence of conservative use of state powers to oppress women, minorities, and disfavored groups discloses animus. Racism, for instance, is animus directed toward minorities.

States' rights is used to explain how the Constitution was written and something you hate.

Racism is used by minorities with program like affirmative action. They complain about race being used to deny yet don't have a problem with race being used when they benefit from it.

I love the Constitution. It's my best friend when debating or writing about rights and the protection of rights. You fail to understand that the post-civil war amendments to the Constitution gutted a state's power to oppress people. But, states are crafty. They still enact legislation and policies that effectively disadvantage disfavored groups of people, which results in court challenges. Perhaps you don't like that race might be a factor involved in our politics, but I doubt you've had to walk miles in the shoes of people who have been historically oppressed and still experience the ill-effects today.

Oh, the slavery still effects them today excuse? When you use that, you lose. My family didn't come to the country until 1905. We never owned slaves. In fact, no one that was a slave is alive today. Schools where I live have been integrated since before I started going and I started first grade in 1969.

Nope, never had that but I keep my politics mostly to myself. My clients think I'm a conservative, since nearly everyone here is and I have the same work ethic, even better in most cases.

And most liberals are hardly going to pat you on the back for listening to a program that people who like it are perfectly willing to call themselves Dittoheads. Liberals think for themselves, it's part of being a liberal.
I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see the same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites over and over and over again.

I don't think web sites that provide public access to statutory and case law are "left wing propaganda hate sites".

When has any leftwinger posted anything like that?

Yup. TRY to get a left-winger to cite relevant law. I dare you.

I see the anti-oppression (left-wingers, to you) posters cite to relevant law extremely often on this site. Among other things, I often see quotes from judicial decisions with on-point content along with links to the case itself. In case you're unaware of what you're doing, you're spreading a falsehood.

Face it, you're an idiot who has no idea what a liberal is, let alone what they believe. You were told they are bad people, and you believe it.
I understand completely.

Our country, the one we live in, was founded by liberals. It was the liberals--the ones who believed that we were all created equal--who fought the union side of the civil war and emanicipated the slaves. It was the liberals who fought for civil rights. It was the liberals who fought for legislation to protect children (e.g., child labor laws), and the environment, and the economy so that we could all prosper. If you're a citizen of the United States, you live in a country created and perpetuated by liberals.

Facts are facts.

I believe people who lean toward the left are the ones who have repeatedly demonstrated that they read relevant statutory law and supreme court decisions and apply the language and legal concepts to similar cases and controversies. From my observations, they are less likely to fall victim to logical fallacies and disingenuous arguments. They employ critical thinking skills..

Lol, OMG, please give me one example of this. Just one.

You didn't quote my post in its entirety.

Check out Sil's and her choir's anti-gay threads and posts on this discussion board. Many examples are present.

I have seen plenty of Sils posts, and while he is far more rational than most liberals most of the time, it isnt what I consider critical thinking.

For example he seems to fail to distinguish between those opposed to gay marriage but support civil unions for them vrs those that oppose any legal recognition of homo spousal partnerships. His talking points memo doesnt seem to have that third pigeonhole for him to use.

But I asked for only one example, you failed to do so, so I think it justifiable to say that rational critical thought among liberals is simply a myth.
The primary reason the left is so anti-Republican is because of the homosexual agenda. Look online and you discover that many of the leading liberals in Hollywood are Gay or bisexual. Therefore they hate Christians, conservatives, heterosexuals, and especially Republicans.

You're wrong. People who lean left are anti-oppression. Throughout history, oppression has proven to be a bad thing. People who lean left do not hate Christians, conservatives, heterosexuals or Republicans. Left-leaning people fight against oppression. If a Christian seeks to oppress others, even if he does so in the name of God, a left-leaning person will express disagreement. Disagreement is not hate.
That explains the death threats Sarah Palin got and made shirts like this.

Because they like freedom of speech.

product_sarah_palin.jpg.cf.jpg

Last edited:
Megadittoes Con!!!

Oh, the slavery still effects them today excuse? When you use that, you lose. My family didn't come to the country until 1905. We never owned slaves. In fact, no one that was a slave is alive today. Schools where I live have been integrated since before I started going and I started first grade in 1969.

I lose nothing and your post demonstrates only your lack of education and critical thinking skills. It matters not when your ancestors immigrated to this country. The oppressive vestiges of slavery still touched every aspect of black life in American when your family arrived and continue to the present day. Open your mind and educate yourself.

I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see the same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites over and over and over again.

I don't think web sites that provide public access to statutory and case law are "left wing propaganda hate sites".

When has any leftwinger posted anything like that?

Yup. TRY to get a left-winger to cite relevant law. I dare you.

I see the anti-oppression (left-wingers, to you) posters cite to relevant law extremely often on this site. Among other things, I often see quotes from judicial decisions with on-point content along with links to the case itself. In case you're unaware of what you're doing, you're spreading a falsehood.

Ahhh, yes. The ever-popular "Never mind the law, here's what we got a judge to say instead!" argument.

In case you're unaware of what you're doing, it's called "bullshit".

I understand completely.

Facts are facts.

True. And that post . . . wasn't.

I understand completely.

Facts are facts.

Really? Throughout history in many countries, progressives have fought to unionize, a minimum wage, labor laws, environmental protections.. Conservatives love opposing this stuff though:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/25/opinion/michigans-great-stink.html
In the 1850s, London, the world’s largest city, still didn’t have a sewer system. Waste simply flowed into the Thames, which was as disgusting as you might imagine. But conservatives, including the magazine The Economist and the prime minister, opposed any effort to remedy the situation. After all, such an effort would involve increased government spending and, they insisted, infringe on personal liberty and local control.

It took the Great Stink of 1858, when the stench made the Houses of Parliament unusable, to produce action.

But that’s all ancient history. Modern politicians, no matter how conservative, understand that public health is an essential government role. Right? No, wrong — as illustrated by the disaster in Flint, Mich.

Liberals think for themselves? That's rich... especially considering they lap up their choices handed to them courtesy of the DNC... Clinton and Sanders.

Palease. The modern liberals are the biggest brain-dead losers going.

I see you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation. Therefore, between the two of us, it appears that you're the "biggest brain-dead loser".

I understand completely.

Facts are facts.

Really? Throughout history in many countries, progressives have fought to unionize, a minimum wage, labor laws, environmental protections.. Conservatives love opposing this stuff though:
In the 1850s, London, the world’s largest city, still didn’t have a sewer system. Waste simply flowed into the Thames, which was as disgusting as you might imagine. But conservatives, including the magazine The Economist and the prime minister, opposed any effort to remedy the situation. After all, such an effort would involve increased government spending and, they insisted, infringe on personal liberty and local control.

It took the Great Stink of 1858, when the stench made the Houses of Parliament unusable, to produce action.

But that’s all ancient history. Modern politicians, no matter how conservative, understand that public health is an essential government role. Right? No, wrong — as illustrated by the disaster in Flint, Mich.

Yes, thank you for yet another meaningless attempt to draw connection lines between people who called themselves liberals a century or more ago, and people who call themselves liberals now.

Just so we're clear, playing semantic games impresses me not at all. I can put on ears and a tail and call myself a cat, but that's not going to make me one.

Facts are facts.

Yes, thank you for yet another meaningless attempt to draw connection lines between people who called themselves liberals a century or more ago, and people who call themselves liberals now.

Just so we're clear, playing semantic games impresses me not at all. I can put on ears and a tail and call myself a cat, but that's not going to make me one.
I'm sorry? Modern liberals are just like the progressives of the past, supporting unions, environmental protection, helping labor.

Megadittoes Con!!!

Yeah....but Al Sharpton needs to make a living somehow.

Facts are facts.

I'm sorry? Modern liberals are just like the progressives of the past, supporting unions, environmental protection, helping labor.
Attacking Christians, and a killing cops.

I understand completely.

In 1776 liberals were conservatives compared to today's liberal. You have no idea how far left liberals have become.

lol, isn't your powdered wig high-maintenance?

I understand completely.

Facts are facts.

Thank you.

My observations disclose that conservatives (as a general proposition) appear to avail themselves of all the societal amenities made possible through the ceaseless work of liberals and take it for granted (for themselves) while they inexplicably complain when others seek to avail themselves of those same societal amenities. It's a baffling phenomena.

Forum List

Back