🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

The Gnostic wing of Christianity, if it can even be called that today, has quite a few differences to Christianity and Catholicism.

If the old Gnostic Christians were here, they would hardly recognize what has happened to the original Orthodox Catholic Church or it's various offshoots in Protestantism or Islam. The Gnostic Christian Jesus would have a fit and would be quite disappointed I think. I know that this Gnostic Christian is.

The two main differences that moved the old Christians to kill Gnostic Christians and burn their scriptures was literalism in reading scriptures and the fact that the Gnostic version of Jesus was a Universalist.

That Gnostic Christian Jesus, and the Gnostic Christians of that flavor, (there are likely as many Gnostic sects as Christian sects), sees a spark of God in all people including women and gays. That fact, to me, makes Gnostic Christianity a more desirable denomination of Christianity than all the rest.

If a religion cannot abide with equality of the sexes then to my mind it is not a just religion and is not worthy of the support of moral people. Inequality is an immoral position and most of the Abrahamic cults are of that immoral persuasion.

As the superior Catholic theology, it is my hope that Gnostic Christianity will eventually bury the non-egalitarian and immoral Christian cults as their members recognize that equality is the right moral system for all to live under.

If you have investigated Gnostic Christianity, do you agree that from a moral POV, they are the superior Christian theology thanks to equality and Universalism?

Regards
DL

Gnosticism exalts the spirit of the flesh, dualism between Good and Evil, and transcendence of the Elect, the "saints" among the believers.

It is a heresy as inconsistent internally as Jehovah Witnesses.

How much of the Gnostic doctrine do you hold as truth? For instance can you agree with the idea that the reason the World is so full of misery and disease and evil is that it was created by a malevolent God?

As this link outlines it; A one-sentence description of Gnosticism: a religion that differentiates the evil god of this world (who is identified with the god of the Old Testament) from a higher more abstract God revealed by Jesus Christ, a religion that regards this world as the creation of a series of evil archons/powers who wish to keep the human soul trapped in an evil physical body, a religion that preaches a hidden wisdom or knowledge only to a select group as necessary for salvation or escape from this world.

As Starky suggests most Christians would find such a belief heretical, and diabolically heretical at that. So beside the fact that the teachings are just too mystical and laden with cultish themes, the outright denial of a traditional loving God fundamentally renders the doctrine a non-starter.

The Gnostic wing of Christianity, if it can even be called that today, has quite a few differences to Christianity and Catholicism.

If the old Gnostic Christians were here, they would hardly recognize what has happened to the original Orthodox Catholic Church or it's various offshoots in Protestantism or Islam. The Gnostic Christian Jesus would have a fit and would be quite disappointed I think. I know that this Gnostic Christian is.

The two main differences that moved the old Christians to kill Gnostic Christians and burn their scriptures was literalism in reading scriptures and the fact that the Gnostic version of Jesus was a Universalist.

That Gnostic Christian Jesus, and the Gnostic Christians of that flavor, (there are likely as many Gnostic sects as Christian sects), sees a spark of God in all people including women and gays. That fact, to me, makes Gnostic Christianity a more desirable denomination of Christianity than all the rest.

If a religion cannot abide with equality of the sexes then to my mind it is not a just religion and is not worthy of the support of moral people. Inequality is an immoral position and most of the Abrahamic cults are of that immoral persuasion.

As the superior Catholic theology, it is my hope that Gnostic Christianity will eventually bury the non-egalitarian and immoral Christian cults as their members recognize that equality is the right moral system for all to live under.

If you have investigated Gnostic Christianity, do you agree that from a moral POV, they are the superior Christian theology thanks to equality and Universalism?

Regards
DL

"Gnostic" and "Christianity" do not belong in the same sentence.

Regards
DL

Been some very good docs on Nat Geo, Discovery, and History Channel like "Banned From The Bible" that have touched on Gnostics. Way Christianity began is a lot more admirable than what its become.

Gnosticism exalts the spirit of the flesh,

Some do. And why not. Jesus says that our bodies are the temples of God. Do you not exalt God?

Was Jesus wrong?

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

dualism between Good and Evil,

Yes. Exactly the way Christians do with the tree of good and evil.

and transcendence of the Elect, the "saints" among the believers.

The same way Christianity does. St. Peter, St. Paul etc..

It is a heresy as inconsistent internally as Jehovah Witnesses.

Correct. Gnostic Christians would not let their children die from lack of blood nor do we discriminate and denigrate women and gays nor do we deny them equality.

These reasons are why Gnostic Christianity will eventually kill the Christianity and Catholicism we now suffer in this world.

Pray for us if you are a good man but I do not see you as such.

Regards
DL

How much of the Gnostic doctrine do you hold as truth? For instance can you agree with the idea that the reason the World is so full of misery and disease and evil is that it was created by a malevolent God?

As this link outlines it; A one-sentence description of Gnosticism: a religion that differentiates the evil god of this world (who is identified with the god of the Old Testament) from a higher more abstract God revealed by Jesus Christ, a religion that regards this world as the creation of a series of evil archons/powers who wish to keep the human soul trapped in an evil physical body, a religion that preaches a hidden wisdom or knowledge only to a select group as necessary for salvation or escape from this world.

As Starky suggests most Christians would find such a belief heretical, and diabolically heretical at that. So beside the fact that the teachings are just too mystical and laden with cultish themes, the outright denial of a traditional loving God fundamentally renders the doctrine a non-starter.

There are a lot of misconceptions out there.

I note that you did not say anything about literal reading. Gnostic Christians do not read scriptures literally be they their own of the standard Christian ones.

We see them all as myths that must be internalised for them to bring people to enlightenment. Only after apotheosis should one belief be given to an unseen world.

This can happen with any belief system as it all happens within ones own mind.
That is why all religions have their mystics and shamans.

If you think us a non-starter then you condemn women and gays that will bear the hate of the mainstream Abrahamic cults.

Any good person, believer or not, will promote Gnostic Christianity if he or she is moral at all.

Regards
DL

[

Why. Because you do not like equality of all people?

Perhaps you can get historians to re-write all the books just for you.

Regards
DL

[

Been some very good docs on Nat Geo, Discovery, and History Channel like "Banned From The Bible" that have touched on Gnostics. Way Christianity began is a lot more admirable than what its become.

I agree.

As I said, Jesus would have a fit from seeing how little of his Universalist teachings have been corrupted by literal reading of myths and the idol worship that all Abrahamic cults have adopted.

Jesus must be just spinning in his grave. Good think he is just an archetype or he would become the great destroyer his gather is.

Regards
DL

Glad that you finally came out to admit what you believe instead of ignoring our questions the last two years.

[

Why. Because you do not like equality of all people?

Perhaps you can get historians to re-write all the books just for you.

Regards
DL

Me: "I don't believe in Gnosticism"

You: "racist!"

Your historians have already tried to rewrite it, without much success. It's at best a cheap copy of paganism with some Greek philosophy and Christianity thrown in.

So you just cannot live without discriminating against women and Gays.

Real manly that.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Doesn't really matter, since Zoroastrianism is one true religion.

[

Doesn't really matter, since Zoroastrianism is one true religion.

We think that there is not any one true religion and all can seek and find God in their own systems.

It is just a matter if internalizing the belief and activating the pineal gland.

But if you have an idol that you already worship and do not seek, then you likely never reach a state of enlightenment.

I am not selling a religion but just a method that leads to enlightenment.

Seems you don't need or want it.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back