Hawaii’s Governor Takes On ‘Birthers’

If they don't release the document why do they need to save the information, since they can't release the document they also shouldn't be able to release the information.

because they can have information that the person Birthed needs or wants, regarding genealogy....the person birthed can get special access to their original birth certificates.

Go a few replies back the comment was made they do not release copies of the long form. If they do not release copies why keep the long form?

they DO release the long form with special request paperwork from the person birthed....it is a separate legal request, allowed to be made by the person whose name is on the birth certificate for genealogy reasons...I saw the Hawaiian legal form for this....

My birthed state of Alabama does not release the original long form either, unless special request is made....I got a short form birth certificate....computer generated and paid 15 bucks for it from my birthed state....it was missing all kinds of info, like the time I was born....which is why I ordered the BC in the first place....to find out the time I was born....it was not until I got the legal certificate of birth in the mail, that i realized it was NOT the original.

because they can have information that the person Birthed needs or wants, regarding genealogy....the person birthed can get special access to their original birth certificates.

Go a few replies back the comment was made they do not release copies of the long form. If they do not release copies why keep the long form?

they DO release the long form with special request paperwork from the person birthed....it is a separate legal request, allowed to be made by the person whose name is on the birth certificate for genealogy reasons...I saw the Hawaiian legal form for this....

My birthed state of Alabama does not release the original long form either, unless special request is made....I got a short form birth certificate....computer generated and paid 15 bucks for it from my birthed state....it was missing all kinds of info, like the time I was born....which is why I ordered the BC in the first place....to find out the time I was born....it was not until I got the legal certificate of birth in the mail, that i realized it was NOT the original.

Maybe you can explain that to Gadawg73 since he's the one that said they don't release copies of the long form.

At this point I think we've gotten to a stand-off about submission. Birthers are grasping at straws...but they have found one last document they can ask for.

Obama doesn't want to submit to his enemies' requests...i bet he finds it denigrating and beneath the presidency.

If the long form is truly the only thing left ...if that's all the birthers want...sack up and show it to them. Post it like you did the other one. And not just a flat scan. Scan front and back...show people holding it. Invite that whacko who went to go get it to come...along with Republicans - legislators and media pundits. Yes, it's a submission...and yes it's denigrating...but you'd have the last laugh.

At this point I think we've gotten to a stand-off about submission. Birthers are grasping at straws...but they have found one last document they can ask for.

Obama doesn't want to submit to his enemies' requests...i bet he finds it denigrating and beneath the presidency.

If the long form is truly the only thing left ...if that's all the birthers want...sack up and show it to them. Post it like you did the other one. And not just a flat scan. Scan front and back...show people holding it. Invite that whacko who went to go get it to come...along with Republicans - legislators and media pundits. Yes, it's a submission...and yes it's denigrating...but you'd have the last laugh.

Last I checked the only state that routinely releases the long form is CA, because they do not (or did not at the time, the last credible info I saw was from about 3 years ago) have a short form made up that satisfies State Dept and INS regs or the requirements of Full Faith and Credit.

That may have changed by now, the birth certificate requirements were updated in 1998 so they've had plenty of time to work it out.

I've never seen the "long form" for my children born in Arkansas, the original is kept with the State. It is called a State vital record for a reason and belongs to them. What they hand out is a certification of the material facts on record, the short form.

Whenever I requested a new certified birth certificate from PA for employment or educational purposes, all I ever received was a short form. If there was ever a long form released, my parents must have lost it at some point when I was a kid because I've never seen it. That short form was enough to get me a passport, a couple degrees all at different universities and admitted to the bar in more than one state, no questions asked.

The COLB with the possible exception of those issued in California is all that's needed to verify citizenship for all purposes and is required to be accepted as proof of birth in that State by all sister States under full faith and credit. If that's enough for everybody else, why isn't it enough for the dain bramaged?

Fact is, for the crackpot theories most birfers currently operate under the "long form" birth certificate wouldn't matter anyway. Unless you're, by birfer standards, an old-fashioned PUMA-style purist the current "hot" theories in litigation and the blogosphere would make him ineligible regardless of where he was born. So the whole issue is meaningless anyway, they're just trolling.

Last I checked the only state that routinely releases the long form is CA, because they do not (or did not at the time, the last credible info I saw was from about 3 years ago) have a short form made up that satisfies State Dept and INS regs or the requirements of Full Faith and Credit.

That may have changed by now, the birth certificate requirements were updated in 1998 so they've had plenty of time to work it out.

I've never seen the "long form" for my children born in Arkansas, the original is kept with the State. It is called a State vital record for a reason and belongs to them. What they hand out is a certification of the material facts on record, the short form.

Whenever I requested a new certified birth certificate from PA for employment or educational purposes, all I ever received was a short form. If there was ever a long form released, my parents must have lost it at some point when I was a kid because I've never seen it. That short form was enough to get me a passport, a couple degrees all at different universities and admitted to the bar in more than one state, no questions asked.

The COLB with the possible exception of those issued in California is all that's needed to verify citizenship for all purposes and is required to be accepted as proof of birth in that State by all sister States under full faith and credit. If that's enough for everybody else, why isn't it enough for the dain bramaged?

Fact is, for the crackpot theories most birfers currently operate under the "long form" birth certificate wouldn't matter anyway. Unless you're, by birfer standards, an old-fashioned PUMA-style purist the current "hot" theories in litigation and the blogosphere would make him ineligible regardless of where he was born. So the whole issue is meaningless anyway, they're just trolling.

I did see a copy of my original many years ago, my mother had given it to me.....it was only 4x4 inches and it was black, with white writing....

I LOST IT a few decades ago or it is in a box in the attic that i have not opened?????

I ordered a new one and it came in the form of an 8x11 computer generated form, without my birth time on it and some other things missing that were on the original....

So why did Matthews stir all this crap up again? I swear he's worthless.

it's personal....this is why the law was changed in most all states....so that other individuals do not have access to information that is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS, AND ONLY ACCESS to the information that is pertinent.

the form obama has put out there IS THE LEGAL FORM for the state for all citizens of the state....why are people asking for the more personal and private long form information when the information on this long form is not relevent to citizenship?

The problem what you're not getting people is that Hawaii Dept of Health has never vouched or confirmed the internet COLB that we see as authentic and valid which was originally released by leftwing website 'The Daily KOS'. Fukino has only stated that they have Obamas 'Original Vital Record' on file and that she has seen it. Fukino or Okubo has never ever mentioned the internet COLB in any official statement. We need to see the long form Certificate of Live Birth and that is what Chris Matthews and Gov Albercrombie wants released.

it's personal....this is why the law was changed in most all states....so that other individuals do not have access to information that is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS, AND ONLY ACCESS to the information that is pertinent.

the form obama has put out there IS THE LEGAL FORM for the state for all citizens of the state....why are people asking for the more personal and private long form information when the information on this long form is not relevent to citizenship?

There's one big difference here. obama is not a private citizen He's the President and his records should be open. Would you want a pedophile to run or be elected for public office and be allowed to hide his records?

There's one big difference here. obama is not a private citizen He's the President and his records should be open. Would you want a pedophile to run or be elected for public office and be allowed to hide his records?

All convicted child predators are a matter of Public record.

The problem what you're not getting people is that Hawaii Dept of Health has never vouched or confirmed the internet COLB that we see as authentic and valid which was originally released by leftwing website 'The Daily KOS'. Fukino has only stated that they have Obamas 'Original Vital Record' on file and that she has seen it. Fukino or Okubo has never ever mentioned the internet COLB in any official statement. We need to see the long form Certificate of Live Birth and that is what Chris Matthews and Gov Albercrombie wants released.

Now that's some bullshit right there.

Enough officials in the Hawaiian government have vouched for his citizenship already. If that's your test...which it seems to be based on that paragraph of yours I quoted...it's been vouched for.

Wanting them to vouch for some particular version of what's fine in the rest of the states is just being bitchy. Talk about whiners.

What a bunch of panty-twists.

:cuckoo:

why would she need to vouch for the colb when she vouches for the ORIGINAL? that was the issue....people were saying the colb was fake, they want to see the original and she vouched that it is there....

Surely you dont think all records of all officials should be open to EVERYONE? Do you realize what someone can do with that information? If the people who needed to see it for election reasons were convinced...that's enough.

Surely you dont think all records of all officials should be open to EVERYONE? Do you realize what someone can do with that information? If the people who needed to see it for election reasons were convinced...that's enough.

Why shouldn't they be? We pay their salaries. And with any employer records such as Birth certificates education are used for employment

Why shouldn't they be? We pay their salaries. And with any employer records such as Birth certificates education are used for employment

what jobs require a birth certificate?

what jobs require a birth certificate?

Any new employer can require a Birth Certificate
The military foir starters

Forum List

Back