Hawaii’s Governor Takes On ‘Birthers’

"Why would someone who loves America want to intentionally make Americans look silly?"

statements like that one above by silly jarhead make me enjoy this board.

Yeah...it was a silly comment.

I regret it.

I am human. I make mistakes.

that's okay as long as you don't run around and try to find someone to blame for your posting of said silly statement.

I am a conservative LK. I take full responsibility for everything I say, I do, I write, I sign.
You may not agree with my ideology. But you will never be able to call me a hypocrite.

Yeah...it was a silly comment.

I regret it.

I am human. I make mistakes.

that's okay as long as you don't run around and try to find someone to blame for your posting of said silly statement.

I am a conservative LK. I take full responsibility for everything I say, I do, I write, I sign.
You may not agree with my ideology. But you will never be able to call me a hypocrite.
some still may
because they may not understand what you said or someone alters a post and makes it look like you said something you didnt and then some people dont look and see that you didnt actually say that

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.

(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/vol06_ch0321-0344/HRS0338/HRS_0338-0017_0008.HTM
you realize that is for children of US Citizen born out of state, right?

Did she ever declear Hawaii her state of legal residency? If so where are the documents?

You don't "declare" legal residency. It's a status conferred under State law, usually referring to an individual who has lived in the State and has no intention of it being a temporary situation.

Under this statute, it only applies to parents making the declaration that they are State residents if their child was born, say, while they were in Japan or Fiji or California on a tourist or student visa. A birth certificate from the State of Hawaii and listing, as all BC's must, the child's place of birth would be issued upon the Health Department reviewing the documentation and determining it's not an attempt to get a BC for a kid who shouldn't have one in order to claim citizenship.

It could also cover issuance of new birth certificates in situations such as adoptive parents of foreign-born children, which is standard practice.

Two questions: First, when was this statute passed, and was it before or after the full faith and credit BC requirements were changed in 1998? As a follow up, how would that statute relate to Obama's COLB dated in 2007?

And second, what on Earth makes you believe the State of Hawaii has a compelling interest in openly and publicly falsifying vital records pertaining to Federal citizenship and certifying aliens as citizens strong enough to overcome the inevitable constitutional challenge to such a law if that were its effect?

Think, people. Think.

some still may
because they may not understand what you said or someone alters a post and makes it look like you said something you didnt and then some people dont look and see that you didnt actually say that

Yeah...true...happens on this board...But again, that is my fault for opening that door by posting on here.

But that being said....no one can legitimately find me as a hypocrite. I do as I say and I say as I do. You want to poke holes in my posts and call me a hypocrite, go ahead....but that does not mean I am a hypocrite...it only means I did not articulte myself properly.

Happy New Year DiveCon

since Obama was BORN there, it wouldnt matter

Thats were the problem is that people are trying to prove or disprove. But if she never decleared hawaii as her state of legal residencey then the certificate is moot
no, the fact he was born there makes her status moot

OK but where's the proof? Was she a legal resident of Hawaii? You asked for proof about children recieveing birth certificates who were not born in the state. I produced that. You then said it did matter. I asked did she ever file for legal residencey for the state of Hawaii?

you realize that is for children of US Citizen born out of state, right?

Did she ever declear Hawaii her state of legal residency? If so where are the documents?

You don't "declare" legal residency. It's a status conferred under State law, usually referring to an individual who has lived in the State and has no intention of it being a temporary situation.

Under this statute, it only applies to parents making the declaration that they are State residents if their child was born, say, while they were in Japan or Fiji or California on a tourist or student visa. A birth certificate from the State of Hawaii and listing, as all BC's must, the child's place of birth would be issued upon the Health Department reviewing the documentation and determining it's not an attempt to get a BC for a kid who shouldn't have one in order to claim citizenship.

It could also cover issuance of new birth certificates in situations such as adoptive parents of foreign-born children, which is standard practice.

Two questions: First, when was this statute passed, and was it before or after the full faith and credit BC requirements were changed in 1998? As a follow up, how would that statute relate to Obama's COLB dated in 2007?

And second, what on Earth makes you believe the State of Hawaii has a compelling interest in openly and publicly falsifying vital records pertaining to Federal citizenship and certifying aliens as citizens strong enough to overcome the inevitable constitutional challenge to such a law if that were its effect?

Think, people. Think.

And this is where the long form would come into play wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Thats were the problem is that people are trying to prove or disprove. But if she never decleared hawaii as her state of legal residencey then the certificate is moot

OK but where's the proof? Was she a legal resident of Hawaii? You asked for proof about children recieveing birth certificates who were not born in the state. I produced that. You then said it did matter. I asked did she ever file for legal residencey for the state of Hawaii?
the CoLB is the proof

the CoLB is the proof

and we go back to one of my other questions. When has any government been truthful?

the CoLB is the proof

and we go back to one of my other questions. When has any government been truthful?
then you return to invalidating ALL government documents AKA anarchy

If that is true why protect a lie? Why was uit allowed in the first place? That sin the government will have to crry.
somewhere you have to draw a line
this is where i draw mine
since i do not favor a try at anarchy i will allow some documents to be fraudulent vs declaring all government document fraudulent to refuse one
kinda like our judicial system that is more likely to let off a guilty person than to convict an innocent

How convenient.

Can you answer the question?

sure: The government was truthful when it said that Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7th.

The government was truthful when it said that the people who attacked us on 9.11 were led by Osama Bin Laden.

The government was truthful when it claimed to land a man on the moon.

The government was truthful when it stated that Ben Bernanke had been duly chosen as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve....

I could go on for millions and millions of pages....

If that is true why protect a lie? Why was uit allowed in the first place? That sin the government will have to crry.
somewhere you have to draw a line
this is where i draw mine
since i do not favor a try at anarchy i will allow some documents to be fraudulent vs declaring all government document fraudulent to refuse one
kinda like our judicial system that is more likely to let off a guilty person than to convict an innocent

Fair and balenced answer Dive thats why I respect you.

Forum List

Back