Hawaii’s Governor Takes On ‘Birthers’

You can't convince a birther any more than you can convince the insane. Whatever you provide them will be dismissed

Really? Problem would be solved with the submission of a legit birth certificate.

Not even close. The goalposts have already been moved far beyond that.

They could produce super-8 reels of Obama's parents having sex and, nine months later, the birth of Obama in hospital in Hawaii. They could document on video every second of his life.

The birthers would simply question the validity of Super-8 reels.

And tell us who caused all this? Who's at fault?

Really? Problem would be solved with the submission of a legit birth certificate.

They could produce super-8 reels of Obama's parents having sex and, nine months later, the birth of Obama in hospital in Hawaii. They could document on video every second of his life.

Exactly.
The difference with birthers and truthers...

The Bush adnministration immediately released all information to allow the truthers to make an educated decision.

The Obama camp continually avoided producing anything until they had no choice.....it was a calculated move to make the right look bad.

You can't convince a birther any more than you can convince the insane. Whatever you provide them will be dismissed

Exactly, they refuse to play by THE RULES.

Exactly.

The Bush adnministration immediately released all information to allow the truthers to make an educated decision.

The Obama camp continually avoided producing anything until they had no choice.....it was a calculated move to make the right look bad.
and the thing is, it didnt stop the troofers either
so, Obama learned from Bush's mistake
trying to appease the nutters doesn't work

Exactly, they refuse to play by THE RULES.

No one's "at fault". Obama has produced the required documentation. The far-right has moved the goalposts.

Exactly.

Obama took it one step further..

Not only NOT appease the nutters...but give them reason to look even nuttier.

I do not blame Obama. His true colors are coming out and although I do not agree with his ideology, I am starting to appreciate his style of governing.

His handlers, through the campaign and the first half of his term are to blame for his bad rap.

I truly believe he has gone rogue from his handlers...and that is a good thing.

Last edited:

No one's "at fault". Obama has produced the required documentation. The far-right has moved the goalposts.

He only produced it when he finally had no choiuce. Imagine how much smaller the birther group would have been if the Obama camp did the right thing and immediately produced the docs. They waited....and it was a calculated move.

In other words he's your guy and what ever he's says is alright with you. Got it.

The people making money off the cottage industry that is tinfoil hat land.

The pols on both sides with an agenda for whom the birfers are useful idiots.

The peddlers of completely unsupported innuendo in blogs and viral e-mails.

The charlatans and the ignorant who misquote statutes and court cases to make the gullible think the law says something it doesn't.

Ultimately, Congress and/or the States for not having a mechanism in place by which ALL Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates are required to prove their eligibility in an orderly and legal fashion so as to make it a non-issue for everybody.

Exactly.

Now that is a damn good analogy there.
Goes with the job.

In other words he's your guy and what ever he's says is alright with you. Got it.
he's not "my guy" and yet he has produced the required document with the official state seal and notary stamp on it

AFTER months of requests to do so.
Why did he wait so long?
Was it outrageous for anyone to ask a man running for president to produce such documents? Especially since he admitted publicly that his father was not a citizen and no longer living in the US?
Was it such a rediculous request that he could not take the 2 minutes to pull it out of his wallet and show it to the hundreds of cameras that were following him around?
I mean...really? Was he relly too busy to do it?

Come on...youre a smart guy. He played the people in an effort to make them look silly.

Why would someone who loves America want to intentionally make Americans look silly?

he's not "my guy" and yet he has produced the required document with the official state seal and notary stamp on it

You do realize Hawaii has issued Birth certificates to babies who were not born in Hawaii?

He only produced it when he finally had no choiuce. Imagine how much smaller the birther group would have been if the Obama camp did the right thing and immediately produced the docs. They waited....and it was a calculated move.

I don't necessarily disagree with you - you could be right about the calculated move. It's worth noting, however, that the certificate was made public in June of 2008, long before he was elected and almost two months before he was even nominated.

I'm not sure how much earlier the birther movement had begun asking questions.

I don't necessarily disagree with you - you could be right about the calculated move. It's worth noting, however, that the certificate was made public in June of 2008, long before he was elected and almost two months before he was even nominated.

I think it was late 2007

I think it was late 2007
thats the date on the CoLB
if i remember correctly

AFTER months of requests to do so.
Why did he wait so long?
Was it outrageous for anyone to ask a man running for president to produce such documents? Especially since he admitted publicly that his father was not a citizen and no longer living in the US?
Was it such a rediculous request that he could not take the 2 minutes to pull it out of his wallet and show it to the hundreds of cameras that were following him around?
I mean...really? Was he relly too busy to do it?

Come on...youre a smart guy. He played the people in an effort to make them look silly.

Why would someone who loves America want to intentionally make Americans look silly?

His father's nationality matters not under the law, and he knows it.

But why should he have to wave his personal, private birth certificate around for the cameras? Why should he have to release his personal documentation publicly to satisfy people who can never be satisfied?

And if it's so important, why was there not already a mechanism in place by which he submitted his documentation, securely, privately and legally, to the proper authorities in either the States or at the Federal level to be examined and his eligibility determined along with every other canddiate? It's not like he's the first POTUS candidate to have his status questioned, not by a long shot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back