Health Insurance: No longer tied to my job and a**hole boss? THANKS DEMOCRATS!

Good job Democrats. That's how you govern......doing something to make the lives of Americans better. And to think...we even managed to avoid a couple more unnecessary military invasions while you were at it. Well done:eusa_angel:

Bucs, you're stupid as brick wall, which is why you are a leftist.

First off, you suckle of the government teet. You are on the welfare plan know as "public employment." You do a "make work job" which no one gives a flying fuck about and pull down an outrageous salary which will continue after you finish 20 years of faux work.

You can't leave your "job" as no one would hire you for a real job, and chances are you are exempt from Obama's fascist care.

Most of us are getting fucked up the ass by fascist care - many who have care are having it taken from them.

{Last week, our family received notice from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Colorado that we can no longer keep the plan we like because of “changes from health care reform (also called the Affordable Care Act or ACA).” The letter informed us that “to meet the requirements of the new laws, your current plan can no longer be continued beyond your 2014 renewal date.”

In short: Obama lied. My health plan died.

Remember? Our president looked America straight in the eye and promised: “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) also lied when she pledged: “Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them.”

This isn’t just partisan business. It’s personal. Our cancellation letter states that Anthem is “not going to be selling new individual PPO plans.” When we asked whether we could keep our children’s doctors, an agent for Anthem told my husband and me that she didn’t know. The insurer has no details available yet on what exactly they’ll be offering. We either will be herded into the Obamacare federal health-insurance-exchange regime (launching October 1), a severely limited HMO plan, or we’ll be presented with costlier alternatives from another insurer. If they even exist.}

Obama Lied, My Health Plan Died | National Review Online

Government is a jobs program for otherwise unemployable individuals.

I sincerely hope that the government "shutdown" prevents payment of your disability benefits.

First off, you suckle of the government teet. You are on the welfare plan know as "public employment." You do a "make work job" which no one gives a flying fuck about and pull down an outrageous salary which will continue after you finish 20 years of faux work.

You can't leave your "job" as no one would hire you for a real job, and chances are you are exempt from Obama's fascist care.

Most of us are getting fucked up the ass by fascist care - many who have care are having it taken from them.

{Last week, our family received notice from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Colorado that we can no longer keep the plan we like because of “changes from health care reform (also called the Affordable Care Act or ACA).” The letter informed us that “to meet the requirements of the new laws, your current plan can no longer be continued beyond your 2014 renewal date.”

Remember? Our president looked America straight in the eye and promised: “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) also lied when she pledged: “Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them.”

This isn’t just partisan business. It’s personal. Our cancellation letter states that Anthem is “not going to be selling new individual PPO plans.” When we asked whether we could keep our children’s doctors, an agent for Anthem told my husband and me that she didn’t know. The insurer has no details available yet on what exactly they’ll be offering. We either will be herded into the Obamacare federal health-insurance-exchange regime (launching October 1), a severely limited HMO plan, or we’ll be presented with costlier alternatives from another insurer. If they even exist.}

I sincerely hope that the government "shutdown" prevents payment of your disability benefits.

I work in the private sector for a living. I'm fully employable for an economically productive job.

The 20 year olds need insurance also, that is the time that most people start families, from what I see most of them are getting freebies cause they don't have insurance while the wife/girlfriend is pregnant.
My first kids in 1984 cost me $2,400 for the OBGYN and the delivery. My last one in 2002 cost me $36k.
Can we blame Oblama for the rise in medical costs over the last 25 years?

I work in the private sector for a living. I'm fully employable for an economically productive job.

I strongly doubt this. Most vocal right wingers are either retired, or on disability.

I don't give a fuck what an economically inept LOLberal doubts. Second, I'm not a right winger, dullard.

You sound like a right winger to me. You don't seem to understand that government is an industry, just like other industries; in any economy based upon currency, value of goods/services are exchanged for money. Government services are no different. We pay for what we get--unfortunately, the American government seems to be more attuned to the needs of a few on Wall Street than the general population.

In France, the government fears the people. In America, the people fear the government--and ridicule the French.

Americans are basically PTSD victims.

Reading up on the healthcare bill. SC Republicans are trying so hard to prevent residents from learning about this new exchange, but, they forget we have national media in SC....despite this state's government trying to keep us in the 1800's.

So....now my health insurance is no longer tied only to staying in a crappy job with an asshole, arrogant prick of a boss?

One one hand, that's good. Its not the job of a private company to pay my healthcare. That's a good thing. Target or Microsoft are not hospitals.

But, with the option to buy into the exchange, I can leave my shitty job, and STILL can afford health insurance???

So all the millions of people stuck working for rich pricks who treat them like shit because the little men know their employees are trapped because they need insurance.....now can say piss off and quit, and still get insurance?

I love it. With insurance no longer tied to a job, CEO's and bosses across the country just may have to start treating their employees with some dignity and concern, as they can all say fuck it any day and not worry about losing insurance.

No wonder the Republicans are so terrified of this. Not only will millions of people thank Democrats eventually, but the rich friends of these Republicans wont get to treat their employees like slug shit anymore.

Good job Democrats. That's how you govern......doing something to make the lives of Americans better. And to think...we even managed to avoid a couple more unnecessary military invasions while you were at it. Well done:eusa_angel:

I hope your boss doesn't let you near the machinery.

I strongly doubt this. Most vocal right wingers are either retired, or on disability.

Why do that? These fuckers already have a complex about how liberals view them unfairly. Why give them the "I told you so" moment? Mock them in ways that they can't become victims over....please.

While it's true there is a tiny segment of any society who are freeloaders and slackers, these individuals comprise the lamented ten percent who are, who have been, and who always will be with us. These individuals are for the most part psychologically and/or socially dysfunctional and are therefore analogous to physical cripples. And because they are content to live on the fringe of poverty there is little to nothing that can be done with them.

But the vast majority of unemployed Americans are out of work through no fault of their own. This is especially true now that the Economy is slowly recovering from near collapse and millions of American jobs are being exported to Mexico, India, and China. If government was not prepared for such emergencies and capable of providing various forms of assistance for those who are not as fortunate as you are, what do you suppose our society would look like?

Bottom line: these are hard times and those who are least responsible for the problem are most compromised by it -- the unemployed. Your resentment should be focused on the small number of super-rich who have managed to hoard the bulk of America's wealth resources, depriving the major segment of the population of an equitable share, thus slowing consumer activity.

In other words, Reaganomics' "supply side" economics has failed -- miserably. So don't blame it on the victims.

Last edited:

eat shit.....we used to love watching jerks like you come in to the PO and try to case up a route and carry it in the time allowed....."Carrying Mail....how hard could it be?"...it was the funny side of the day until the person quits...especially at Christmas and Election times.....lots of Vets work in the PO too.....some with injuries, so yea i guess they are "unemployable"......

Umm..........I'm a manager at a commercial gym chain:eusa_eh:

Try again.

Bucs;

When I first came here, you pretended to be a conservative. When you went all commie on us, you stated that the reason is because Republicans were cracking down on government unions and that it hurt you personally.

So which story am I supposed to believe?

Your memory failed you then.

- I was a conservative
- I did get pissed at the GOP

- It was because they began to demonize cops firemen and teachers, and mayors/governors in the South especially began ripping up pay/benefits for them, often not out of necessity, but to rally their base who turned against govt employees of ALL types

- It had nothing to do with unions. I actually oppose police unions. They make it hard to get rid of bad cops. And I wouldn't want cops who are in it just for the money

- I am a former cop, for Atlanta PD for 8 years. I was on medical retirement for several years, but was cleared 2 years ago because, well, a good doctor fixed the problem.

- I now work for a gym, I love the fitness industry. But many of my old friends and new ones, who work in law enforcement, have been badly hurt by people like Nikki Haley, who are slashing police pay/benefits for the sake of appeasing TP types

That's my story. And to hell with the far right GOP.

eat shit.....we used to love watching jerks like you come in to the PO and try to case up a route and carry it in the time allowed....."Carrying Mail....how hard could it be?"...it was the funny side of the day until the person quits...especially at Christmas and Election times.....lots of Vets work in the PO too.....some with injuries, so yea i guess they are "unemployable"......

Isn't it sad? The right wing has turned so extreme and arrogant, they think government workers are the scum of the Earth all of a sudden. Even all the vets working in the PD's and FD's and yes, in the Post Office. Doing important shit, like fighting crime, fighting fires, medical emergencies, and less glorious but just as crucial jobs, like moving mail, building and fixing roads, teaching our children.

But I guess you have to be selling insurance or suing someone or selling some piece of garbage to a customer in the private sector to be a real American these days.

You sound like a right winger to me. You don't seem to understand that government is an industry, just like other industries;

Oreely?

And just what does this industry of government produce?

in any economy based upon currency, value of goods/services are exchanged for money.

What is it you think you just said?

Do you have even a slight grasp of how an economy works? What the function of fiat currency is in that market? Do you grasp that fiat currency has an inherent value of zero and is simply a marker of the full faith and credit of the issuing body - which in this case is the federal reserve banks?

Government services are no different. We pay for what we get--unfortunately, the American government seems to be more attuned to the needs of a few on Wall Street than the general population.

An extremely ignorant claim.

No, we do NOT pay for what we get. And because we do not, government operates in no way like a business. I do not buy the services I need or want from government. I am taxed a fixed amount, regardless of what services I am provided. I pay with no regard to what I receive.

Further, the primary job of our government is not to provide any sort of service, but simply to perpetuate and grow itself. Government is run for the benefit of those who are employed by government - elected and unelected. There is no consumer, only the taxpayer - the source of funding.

In France, the government fears the people. In America, the people fear the government--and ridicule the French.

Nonsense. The French government has no fear of it's people.

Americans are basically PTSD victims.

Americans are a ruled population, fleeced on behalf of entrenched bureaucracy.

- I was a conservative

- It was because they began to demonize cops firemen and teachers, and mayors/governors in the South especially began ripping up pay/benefits for them, often not out of necessity, but to rally their base who turned against govt employees of ALL types

- It had nothing to do with unions. I actually oppose police unions. They make it hard to get rid of bad cops. And I wouldn't want cops who are in it just for the money

- I am a former cop, for Atlanta PD for 8 years. I was on medical retirement for several years, but was cleared 2 years ago because, well, a good doctor fixed the problem.

- I now work for a gym, I love the fitness industry. But many of my old friends and new ones, who work in law enforcement, have been badly hurt by people like Nikki Haley, who are slashing police pay/benefits for the sake of appeasing TP types

So, I was right then.

AND I take it you get a government pension of some sort, since you were injured on the job?

And you drive to that job on public roads. Policed by cops so you get there in 1 piece.
Your company? All the goods are still there in the morning because the alarm goes off at night, and cops respond. Otherwise you'd need 24 hour security guards.
If lightning strikes your company, government firemen will save the building.
You don't need to train new employees how to read or write or add....because a public school probably did it for them.
Your company receives and ships goods through our ports, which are secured and kept open by the military.
Your lunch isn't tainted with disease....because govt workers inspect it.
Your water isn't toxic....because despite corporate dumping, the govt regulates it. Or tries their best.

SO you see, without even knowing it, you suck at the government teet just as well. You are just too fucking stupid to realize it.

You don't realize that the reason you live a life that...in your mind...is so independent and noble and free, is because the society you live in is VERY safe and free of any real dangers, due to a government that, while full of problems, does a pretty solid job of providing a stable platform for business to thrive.

- I was a conservative

So, I was right then.

AND I take it you get a government pension of some sort, since you were injured on the job?

I received it partially until 2 years ago when I could have gone back to work, but chose not to go back to LE. I like gym work better. So, I don't get it anymore. 8 years, didn't do the 25. I know you're curious. The injury was a knee that was literally torn to shreds. My doctor and I did the right thing. When it was able to clear a physical, we did it, and I no longer get that from the city of Atlanta. Others aren't as lucky, their injuries never recover. I mean....if you get disabled protecting a neighbor from a gang member, or from a terrorist in Afghanistan, isn't that person protecting US citizens either way, and shouldn't we do everything we can to take care of those injured?

Or is it more noble to protect Americans from threats 5,000 miles away than ones 5 miles away?

The 20 year olds need insurance also, that is the time that most people start families, from what I see most of them are getting freebies cause they don't have insurance while the wife/girlfriend is pregnant.
My first kids in 1984 cost me $2,400 for the OBGYN and the delivery. My last one in 2002 cost me $36k.
Can we blame Oblama for the rise in medical costs over the last 25 years?

Sure, why not? He blames Bush for everything going back to 1900.

I did. Not anymore. Injury recovered.

Got it helping protect US citizens from a threat that was 5 miles away.

Do you have the same disgust for injured men and women who get benefits after protecting US citizens from threats 5,000 miles away?

This should be an interesting answer.

Forum List

Back