Health Nazis and Outdoor Smoking Ban

Enjoying and clinging are two VERY different things.

Quite enjoying things. :)

Oh, look at that! Music interlude time!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhidH2gtSYI&feature=related]YouTube - Pink floyd eclipse[/ame]

Enjoying is unauthorized by the current administration. Being a dull sheeple is the only thing allowed. You're just too dull to figure it out.:eusa_whistle:

Enjoying is unauthorized by the current administration. Being a dull sheeple is the only thing allowed. You're just too dull to figure it out.:eusa_whistle:

Is that what Obama just signed into law recently? I must of missed it. :lol:

Least we're not Denmark. They had a party that proposed replacing the military with an answering machine saying "We surrender" in Russian. Though if we're going to update that for 2010, wouldn't it be Chinese?

Decisions, Decisions. :eusa_think:

But alas, have fun Gunny. Time to go finish some homework. :lol:

Least we're not Denmark. They had a party that proposed replacing the military with an answering machine saying "We surrender" in Russian. Though if we're going to update that for 2010, wouldn't it be Chinese?

You should have done your homework hours ago and been in the rack by 2200 hours, young 'un.:eusa_eh:

You should have done your homework hours ago and been in the rack by 2200 hours, young 'un.:eusa_eh:

These kids have no discipline these days. :cool:

Reporting from Sacramento - State lawmakers adopted one of the nation's most far-reaching regulations of tobacco use Monday, approving a bill to outlaw smoking at 278 state parks and beaches.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has not said publicly whether he will sign the measure, which would allow a fine of up to $100 for smoking at a state beach or in a designated section of a state park.

Assembly approves smoking ban at state parks and beaches - latimes.com

Here we go...

With ObamaCare, the next thing will be that you ccan't[sic] smoke in your own home... but if you do you will pay a fine.

This has n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do with Obama. This is part of that weird shit the populist conservatives and progressives in California have done to the system. Since I've moved out here I am flabbergasted on the amount of idiocy done in teh name of the people out here.

crazy shit

These kids have no discipline these days. :cool:

:lol:

Must HAVE. Must HAVE.

Not "must of". You tried to blow it off once as one of your funny "jokes". It's become apparent you don't know right from wrong.

More alone time with the school books, and less time babbling here, please.

So that means that when I go to a California State Park, I just have to suck it up and deal with wheezing, shortness of breath, and itchy eyes because I am surrounded by smokers?
You do the same damn thing you do anywhere else you go in this country. Do you cough, wheeze, rub your eyes and whine every time you walk out your door?

Do you need a government agent to hold your hand and get you through your incredibly tough life?

I've been to plenty of state and federal parks and I have not ONCE suffered from what you have described (and believe me...I suffer when someone lights up)

The biggest joke is you can sit off the coast of CA on a ship and see this big orangish turd of smoke following I-5 all the way up the coast where all those leftwingnut progressive morons drive their Mercedes and Beemers to work.

Yet the in denial twits want to blame a cigarette ....:cuckoo:

You must betalking about the southern coast. The other half of that joke is driving up I-5 in the San Joaquin valley on a clear morning and watching a fresh batch of shit spilling through altamont pass into the valley from the Bay area.

Last edited:
Is everyone in this thread a resident of California?

Because I fail to see how this many people from OUTSIDE of California could give a crap about how they govern themselves.

These are the laws I care about-

laws of my city
laws of my state
laws of my country

I don't give a flip how the people in Baton Rouge choose to govern themselves nor do I care how the people of California choose to govern themselves.

It's just getting ridiculous. Give it a rest, outdoors in millions of cubic feet of atmosphere, second hand smoke is doing nothing to you. Unless someone is blowing every puff in your face, you are not getting any ill effects. Breathing in the normal air has enough shit in it.

To many assholes on the beaches throw their butts out, but tehn again so many asshole throw all kinds of litter on the beach.

It's just getting ridiculous. Give it a rest, outdoors in millions of cubic feet of atmosphere, second hand smoke is doing nothing to you. Unless someone is blowing every puff in your face, you are not getting any ill effects. Breathing in the normal air has enough shit in it.

To many assholes on the beaches throw their butts out, but tehn again so many asshole throw all kinds of litter on the beach.

You livein California?

Reporting from Sacramento - State lawmakers adopted one of the nation's most far-reaching regulations of tobacco use Monday, approving a bill to outlaw smoking at 278 state parks and beaches.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has not said publicly whether he will sign the measure, which would allow a fine of up to $100 for smoking at a state beach or in a designated section of a state park.

Here we go...
Yeah!!

I look forward to the day when smoking is banned at my favorite beach.

It's just getting ridiculous. Give it a rest, outdoors in millions of cubic feet of atmosphere, second hand smoke is doing nothing to you.

So then why are so many people irritated by it if it does nothing to them?

It stinks. It serves no purpose. No one likes it. It needs to stop. End of story.

The bill is unconstitutional. The state parks and the National parks are for everyone. Allocations must be made so that all can enjoy the parks. If allotments can be made for for snowmobiler's, allotments can be made for smokers. For the record, I am a nonsmoker. :neutral:

It says no smoking in designated areas of parks. Not the entire park.
You like cigarette butts in the sand on the beach? Many seem to think the beach is their ashtray.
How many throw their butts out the car window? Fires?
Smokers are often their own worst enemies as far as non smoking rules go.

I am a smoker but always controlled my butts. But as I observed most do not.
FL has special little machines to clean the cig butts from the sand.
Who do you suppose pays for that?

Here we go...

How is the right of someone who smokes more important than the right of a child with a lung condition who wants to go to the beach but cant because the cigarette smoke would make them sick.

Fresh air is the right of this child and the smoker can walk back to their car to have a cig.

Of course the "unhealthy life choice tax" won't include drugs and unprotected gay sex. That would be exempt under the "just because we said so" clause of the new nanny constitution.

hmmm....unprotected gay sex.

Interesting that you choose narrow the unprotected sex criteria to only gay sex.

Unprotected sex between casual partners of all sexual orientations is an "unhealthy life choice" these days. Taxing it however would be highly intrusive.

Drugs are already illegal...not sure how you would tax something illegal.

Is everyone in this thread a resident of California?

Because I fail to see how this many people from OUTSIDE of California could give a crap about how they govern themselves.

These are the laws I care about-

laws of my city
laws of my state
laws of my country

I don't give a flip how the people in Baton Rouge choose to govern themselves nor do I care how the people of California choose to govern themselves.

The problem is that once passed these kinds of laws will spill over into other liberal states and then to all states and before we know it, just like seat belt laws they will be nation wide and there won't be a damned thing anyone can do about it.

Immie

Lets just enforce some of the existing laws. A $500 fine for throwing down a cig butt on public property.
Littering laws are some of the most seldom enforced.

Forum List

Back