Healthcare Poll

I feel sorry for Americans. They pay outrageous health insurance premiums and yet they are denied care at the whim of the HMO reps. How sad.

You misunderstand our system. I have never been denied care and i've been expensive for the insurance companies in the past ;).

Those are very rare, cherry picked, incidents.

My luck may also be rare, but its mine so I dont know.

i am wondering how the posters here feel about healthcare. Do you think:
1) the current system is fine - no need to try to fix what isn't broken.
2) the current system is fine, but a few minor tweaks may be in order.
3) the current system is ok, but we need to make some significant improvements.
4) the current system has major flaws that require major fixes.
5) the current system is totally shot - we should throw it out and start all over with a entirely new set of goals and an entirely different system.
6) some other viewpoint (please explain)

and furthermore, what elements are the most important to you:
A) cost
b) availability of care
c) quality of care
d) portability and continuous coverage
e) preventative care

and finally, are there other aspects of the issue not addressed above that you think are vital parts of a successful healthcare program?

In the spirit of full disclosure, may answers are:
3) the current system is ok, but we need to make some significant improvements. And while i think a-e are all important i rank them in this order: B, c, a, e, d.

2) bcead. Obama being a Marxist/Commie and a inveterate liar cannot be trusted. His very predictable plan would be: 5)ad ; With Obama a,c,e would not exist or be minimal consideration.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving your opinion gautama. I think we ranked the A-E section the same. Just goes to show you that people who have differing views on many things CAN find some common ground on some issues.

I am wondering how the posters here feel about healthcare. Do you think:
1) The current system is fine - no need to try to fix what isn't broken.
2) The current system is fine, but a few minor tweaks may be in order.
3) The current system is OK, but we need to make some significant improvements.
4) The current system has major flaws that require major fixes.
5) The current system is totally shot - we should throw it out and start all over with a entirely new set of goals and an entirely different system.
6) Some other viewpoint (please explain)

and furthermore, what elements are the most important to you:
A) Cost
B) Availability of care
C) Quality of care
D) Portability and continuous coverage
E) Preventative care

And finally, are there other aspects of the issue not addressed above that you think are vital parts of a successful healthcare program?

In the spirit of full disclosure, may answers are:
3) The current system is OK, but we need to make some significant improvements. And while I think A-E are ALL important I rank them in this order: B, C, A, E, D.

Forum List

Back