'Heinous atrocity': Same-sex couple, two kids murdered in New York basement

`
"Police are working to try and unravel the mystery of who killed a woman, her partner and her two young children, whose bodies were found in a riverfront apartment house the day after Christmas.

"After being in this business for 43 years, I can't describe the savagery of a person who would do this," said Troy Police Chief John Tedesco. Police on Thursday identified the victims as Shanta Myers, 36; Brandi Mells, 22; Jeremiah Myers, 11; and Shanise Myers, 5. Shanta Myers, the mother of both children, was in a relationship with Mells, the police chief said. Investigators declined to confirm the method of death or any details regarding the scene of the crime.

Tedesco declared during a news conference that the killings were "not a random act," but wouldn't say why he believed that was the case." - Source
`
`

While police details of this despicable crime are still a bit sketchy, it looks like a hate crime to me. Given the current political climate of hate and intolerance, it doesn't surprise me. My prayers go with the victims and surviving family members.

Whether you know it or not...

You are somewhat of a bigot yourself...

Forum List

Back