🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Here is what is driving right wingers to the cliff of total insanity

Ever noticed on FoxNews, they have an incredibly consistent habit of one particular phrase or suggestion. They'll show government stuff, like conferences or retreats, or projects. And it's always headed or concluded with the phrase "That you're paying for" or "On your dime" or some other phrase that pushes the viewer subconsciously to feel like they, alone, individually are paying for all the things Fox shows them. Its very subtle, and I just realized it. But, what a tactic for the idiots watching. They rip Cass Sustein (spell???) for his book "Rules for Radicals" which suggests using lots of small nudges rather than blunt means.

Well, Fox is following that model. They "nudge" the viewer to think they, and they alone, are paying for all the little bits they run all day about government spending. Just now I saw Neil Cavuto showing some beautiful hotel resort, and he said "Why should YOU care who is staying here? Well, because YOU may be footing the bill". As is Bubba Lee Hicks in Texas is watching from his double wide, and HE alone is paying $200,000 for a weekend stay for government officials ( I didn't finish watching, but being Fox, I assume that's what happened).

And its driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, it nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves. When, in fact, most red states are full of people who don't pay federal income tax. They're too poor. George Clooney, Warren Buffett, and other Obama supporters pay FAR FAR FAR more towards those "outrageous" government expenditures than the Wal-Mart rats who get into outrage over the latest Fox story telling us what "YOU are paying the tab for".

Title this thread "Buc misses the point".....

So the rich pay far far far more than their fair share, covering for those who don't.

Thanks for the confirmation.

If that were true then why is there still a deficit?

Gee, I don't know. Is it because the government is spending more money than it has? Nah, it can't be that simple, it has to be a plot by rich people.

Wait, you mean if we spend more than we take in, we run a deficit? What a novel concept.

"I used to be Republican and watch Fox news" = Obama pays me to post here

Then wouldn't that actually mean YOU pay me to be here:eek:

Latest Fox News story of the day: A USMB member "Bucs90" is getting paid to post messages, and YOU are footing the bill!! The whole story later on O'Reilly.

Idiots :cuckoo:

"I used to be a 'Conservative' then I saw how mean and poppyheaded they really are: using their money for their families; quoting the Constitution! bleh!! I went over to the Progressives because who knows better how I should live than the government"

Nah, it was more around the time that Southern mayors and governors turned to screwing over cops and firemen all in the name of the Tea Party ideology, and NOT out of necessity, as SC Gov Nikki Haley said when she fucked over the state police benefits- NOT because the budget made it necessary- the budget was balanced with those benefits, and without having to raise a single tax...........no, she did it anyway, as she said "To send a message".

Well, Mrs. Tea Party Queen, message received. And you and your party can go fuck yourselves as a result.

And I couldn't help but snicker and laugh the morning after Obama beat you idiots. Not because I supported Obama...I didn't.....but because karma is a bitch and I'm glad the Tea Party got it thrown back in their face.

And if things keep going how they are now, we'll have President Clinton in 2017, with a Dem House and Senate.

And I'll smile. Not because I'm a Democrat, or even support Democrats.

But because the Republican Party and the Tea Party movement make me sick to my stomach, and nothing is better than seeing their hatred and hypocrisy crushed at the polls.

hell yeah, lets worry over a new station, not over this bloated money grabbing expanding GOVERNMENT and the DEPT they keep adding onto our children and GRANDchildren's backs

properties are frikken twisted with some people...

and this title of the thread should be , want to see how a news station drives left wingers insanely stupid

Last edited:
... [reporting about government waste] driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, [reporting about government waste] nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves.

When, in fact, most red states are full of people who don't pay federal income tax.

They're too poor.

George Clooney, Warren Buffett, and other Obama supporters pay FAR FAR FAR more towards those "outrageous" government expenditures than the Wal-Mart rats who get into outrage over the latest Fox story telling us what "YOU are paying the tab for".

It is true that "Blue" States are also those inhabited by the most wealthy Americans.....the definition of being wealthy, of course, is that you don't really care that half of your income is being wasted. You still have plenty left over to use to light your cigar.

Less fortunate, "Wal-Mart rats" are trying to make ends-meet, saving a few dollars here and there. Part of why they are at Wal-Mart is because they pay taxes that reduces their income.

To conclude that anyone who cares about how their taxes are spent is too poor to pay taxes is simply ignorant.

It would be nice, for once, to be wrong about how stupid people are.

Why are the rich spending more than they are willing to pay in taxes?

Wouldn't??!!

Thats some really screwed up thinking,everyone spends more than they pay in taxes,or at least they should be.

The question is why are the rich people, who control the government, spending more taxpayer dollars than they are willing themselves to pay in taxes? Does that clear up the confusion?

Wouldn't??!!

Thats some really screwed up thinking,everyone spends more than they pay in taxes,or at least they should be.

The question is why are the rich people, who control the government, spending more taxpayer dollars than they are willing themselves to pay in taxes? Does that clear up the confusion?

:eusa_eh:

Seriously?

You don't know why people would spend more than they contribute?

:eusa_shifty:

... [reporting about government waste] driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, [reporting about government waste] nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves.

When, in fact, most red states are full of people who don't pay federal income tax.

They're too poor.

George Clooney, Warren Buffett, and other Obama supporters pay FAR FAR FAR more towards those "outrageous" government expenditures than the Wal-Mart rats who get into outrage over the latest Fox story telling us what "YOU are paying the tab for".

It is true that "Blue" States are also those inhabited by the most wealthy Americans.....the definition of being wealthy, of course, is that you don't really care that half of your income is being wasted. You still have plenty left over to use to light your cigar.

Less fortunate, "Wal-Mart rats" are trying to make ends-meet, saving a few dollars here and there. Part of why they are at Wal-Mart is because they pay taxes that reduces their income.

To conclude that anyone who cares about how their taxes are spent is too poor to pay taxes is simply ignorant.

Of course, they should all care how their city and county and state spend their taxes. But most of them don't pay Federal taxes, yet, Fox's content is 99% about what the Feds are spending on, and their viewership largely doesn't pay for that.

And those same people probably have never attended a city council meeting....you know, where THEIR tax money is spent.

and their viewership largely doesn't pay for that.

How the fuck would you know that? got the magical link that breaks down Foxes viewership by income. What simplistic tool you are.

...they should all care how their city and county and state spend their taxes. But most of them don't pay Federal taxes, yet, Fox's content is 99% about what the Feds are spending on, and their viewership largely doesn't pay for that.

How do you know that:
A. "most of them [that care about Federal Spending] don't pay Federal Taxes?"

B. Fox viewership largly doesn't pay Federal Taxes?

Wouldn't??!!

Government is the entity that is doing the spending with the tax dollars that government collects. You think it's the rich who are spending taxpayers dollars? Huh?

Wouldn't??!!

I am not the confused one here. The upper tax brackets pay by far the most in percentage of tax receipts ,that easily found info,so the old they are not paying their fair share is an old debunked talking point.

Now if you had just asked why the government spends like idiots than you might have something.

Ever noticed on FoxNews, they have an incredibly consistent habit of one particular phrase or suggestion. They'll show government stuff, like conferences or retreats, or projects. And it's always headed or concluded with the phrase "That you're paying for" or "On your dime" or some other phrase that pushes the viewer subconsciously to feel like they, alone, individually are paying for all the things Fox shows them. Its very subtle, and I just realized it. But, what a tactic for the idiots watching. They rip Cass Sustein (spell???) for his book "Rules for Radicals" which suggests using lots of small nudges rather than blunt means.

Well, Fox is following that model. They "nudge" the viewer to think they, and they alone, are paying for all the little bits they run all day about government spending. Just now I saw Neil Cavuto showing some beautiful hotel resort, and he said "Why should YOU care who is staying here? Well, because YOU may be footing the bill". As is Bubba Lee Hicks in Texas is watching from his double wide, and HE alone is paying $200,000 for a weekend stay for government officials ( I didn't finish watching, but being Fox, I assume that's what happened).

And its driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, it nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves. When, in fact, most red states are full of people who don't pay federal income tax. They're too poor. George Clooney, Warren Buffett, and other Obama supporters pay FAR FAR FAR more towards those "outrageous" government expenditures than the Wal-Mart rats who get into outrage over the latest Fox story telling us what "YOU are paying the tab for".

You post idiotic drivel. The bit in bold is especially inane.

You post idiotic drivel. The bit in bold is especially inane.

he becoming RDEAN the second....they need lives or something

Wouldn't??!!

Government is the entity that is doing the spending with the tax dollars that government collects. You think it's the rich who are spending taxpayers dollars? Huh?

Do you believe that the people in Congress who are spending the taxpayer's dollars are poor?

Wouldn't??!!

I am not the confused one here. The upper tax brackets pay by far the most in percentage of tax receipts ,that easily found info,so the old they are not paying their fair share is an old debunked talking point.

Now if you had just asked why the government spends like idiots than you might have something.

What are the tax brackets of the people in Congress who are spending all the taxpayer dollars?

"The viewer, to feel like they alone"---If you're so perceptive about language, why don't use realize that you are using collectivist grammar when you use they with a singular? What's so hard about writing the "viewers"? What is even more inconsistent and reveals that both sides are really just as stupid is the fact that the extreme anti-collectivists also use this dumbed-down construction.

Second, and again this is probably more inconsistent for the other side to babble, but this whole unstructured way of speaking started with the radical feminist Left insisting that we use "he or she." Because of the clumsiness of that, obedient mind-slaves on both sides of the specious spectrum began replacing it with the contradiction of they with the singular. If you don't use the plural antecedent, he has always been used with meaning of "he or she." It originally meant merely "this person" and is related to here, which means "this place." The unnecessary word she was invented later to appease pre-historic feminists. You can also eliminate the pronoun altogether, as in "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones," instead of the required New Age structure, "If someone lives in a glass house, they shouldn't throw stones."

Does Fox show the $35,000,000,000 of federal subsidies which go to large agribusinesses?

How about the more than $1,400,000,000,000 of tax expenditures Congress gives away every year? I find it pretty hard to get steamed up about a $20,000 hotel bill when I think about that.

That's what you are paying for...

Also, which the pseudo-Liberals never point out, when your boss blows a wad of money at topless bars or whatever gross excess, he is extracting that money by underpaying you. Profit is a tax on the employees, who should figure out the difference between how much they make for their company and how much of that the company re-distributes to itself.

Forum List

Back