🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Here is what is driving right wingers to the cliff of total insanity

Is there anything the government does that is not paid for with taxpayer dollars? Nothing comes to mind so when FOX or anyone else points to something government does and uses the phrase's your paying for or on your dime unless you pay nothing what so ever in taxes that is 100% accurate some pay more than other's but all of us who pay taxes are paying for what the government does to one degree or another.

The republicans need to work on fixing things...
-Fix our schools
-Fix poverty
-Fix problems

NOT the party that says fuck education or this or that....

Won't work.

Ever noticed on FoxNews, they have an incredibly consistent habit of one particular phrase or suggestion. They'll show government stuff, like conferences or retreats, or projects. And it's always headed or concluded with the phrase "That you're paying for" or "On your dime" or some other phrase that pushes the viewer subconsciously to feel like they, alone, individually are paying for all the things Fox shows them. Its very subtle, and I just realized it. But, what a tactic for the idiots watching. They rip Cass Sustein (spell???) for his book "Rules for Radicals" which suggests using lots of small nudges rather than blunt means.

Well, Fox is following that model. They "nudge" the viewer to think they, and they alone, are paying for all the little bits they run all day about government spending. Just now I saw Neil Cavuto showing some beautiful hotel resort, and he said "Why should YOU care who is staying here? Well, because YOU may be footing the bill". As is Bubba Lee Hicks in Texas is watching from his double wide, and HE alone is paying $200,000 for a weekend stay for government officials ( I didn't finish watching, but being Fox, I assume that's what happened).

And its driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, it nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves. When, in fact, most red states are full of people who don't pay federal income tax. They're too poor. George Clooney, Warren Buffett, and other Obama supporters pay FAR FAR FAR more towards those "outrageous" government expenditures than the Wal-Mart rats who get into outrage over the latest Fox story telling us what "YOU are paying the tab for".

So the rich pay far far far more than their fair share, covering for those who don't.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Ever noticed on FoxNews, they have an incredibly consistent habit of one particular phrase or suggestion. They'll show government stuff, like conferences or retreats, or projects. And it's always headed or concluded with the phrase "That you're paying for" or "On your dime" or some other phrase that pushes the viewer subconsciously to feel like they, alone, individually are paying for all the things Fox shows them. Its very subtle, and I just realized it. But, what a tactic for the idiots watching. They rip Cass Sustein (spell???) for his book "Rules for Radicals" which suggests using lots of small nudges rather than blunt means.

Well, Fox is following that model. They "nudge" the viewer to think they, and they alone, are paying for all the little bits they run all day about government spending. Just now I saw Neil Cavuto showing some beautiful hotel resort, and he said "Why should YOU care who is staying here? Well, because YOU may be footing the bill". As is Bubba Lee Hicks in Texas is watching from his double wide, and HE alone is paying $200,000 for a weekend stay for government officials ( I didn't finish watching, but being Fox, I assume that's what happened).

And its driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, it nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves. When, in fact, most red states are full of people who don't pay federal income tax. They're too poor. George Clooney, Warren Buffett, and other Obama supporters pay FAR FAR FAR more towards those "outrageous" government expenditures than the Wal-Mart rats who get into outrage over the latest Fox story telling us what "YOU are paying the tab for".

So the rich pay far far far more than their fair share, covering for those who don't.

LMAO, good catch.

If that were true then why is there still a deficit?

Overspending

"It's the spending, stupid". Herp and a derp for you!

Whenever Fox gets under the skin of even one lefty puke it's a great day in America!

Are the viewers taxpayers? Then yes, they are footing the bill.

Not as much of it as me and people in my income level -- that's the point.

Exactly right. The majority of Fox viewers are probably not paying federal income taxes. So when Fox says "That YOU are paying for", well, its driving people insane with anger and anxiety, when in fact, they probably aren't paying a single dime towards whatever the outrageous topic of the day is.

I mean, walk through the parking lot of most Wal-Marts in the red states of the South. You'll see more anti-Obama stickers than you can count. All those folks are probably not paying federal income taxes. Its an assumption. BUT, I see them. Fat, dirty clothes, probably sucking up free Medicare and Medicaid. And they are right wing, and get brainwashed every day by Fox about what "YOU are picking up the bill for". When in fact, they simply aren't. The people paying for that type of shit aren't shopping at Wal-Mart, and probably don't put political bumper stickers on their cars.

"I used to be Republican and watch Fox news" = Obama pays me to post here

Then wouldn't that actually mean YOU pay me to be here:eek:

Latest Fox News story of the day: A USMB member "Bucs90" is getting paid to post messages, and YOU are footing the bill!! The whole story later on O'Reilly.

Idiots :cuckoo:

Now really who's the bat shit crazy one here? The complainer or the subject of such complaints?

"I used to be Republican and watch Fox news" = Obama pays me to post here

Then wouldn't that actually mean YOU pay me to be here:eek:

Latest Fox News story of the day: A USMB member "Bucs90" is getting paid to post messages, and YOU are footing the bill!! The whole story later on O'Reilly.

Idiots :cuckoo:

"I used to be a 'Conservative' then I saw how mean and poppyheaded they really are: using their money for their families; quoting the Constitution! bleh!! I went over to the Progressives because who knows better how I should live than the government"

Now really who's the bat shit crazy one here? The complainer or the subject of such complaints?

He's Jake Starkey's Twin Brother

The republicans need to work on fixing things...
-Fix our schools
-Fix poverty
-Fix problems

NOT the party that says fuck education or this or that....

Won't work.

The easiest way to fix the problems is to stop assuming the government has the responsibility to fix our problems.

If our schools suck, run for the school board or for state office to fix them
If you are poor, develop and execute a plan to make yourself money. If your neighbor is poor lift him up by helping him or her become self sufficient.
If you have a problem. Fix them.

Dont whine to the Federal Government and then sit around wondering why nothing gets fixed. If something needs to be done, do it. Dont wait for politicians to.

Gee, I don't know. Is it because the government is spending more money than it has? Nah, it can't be that simple, it has to be a plot by rich people.

Forum List

Back