Here it comes! Obama says FCC should reclassify internet as a utility

Are you saying that the Internet should not be regulated? Are you saying that Internet freedom is "safer" in corporate hands?

Yes.

Far safer.

Do you think the government should own all newspapers? Why or why not? Are you saying that news is "safer" in corporate hands, than disseminated by our glorious rulers?

Uh-- I don't think you just made the point you think you made, princess.

shoot-foot.gif

He won't get it...

The free internet is under attack, and it's all the [ insert Dems or Reps here ] fault. When will the sheeple wake up and vote [ insert Dem or Rep here] and stop voting [ insert Dem or Rep here ] ?

In 2016, we will be given a clear choice between the presidential candidate who seeks to overtake the internet, and the other candidate who seeks to overtake the internet. Therefore, I urge everyone to vote [ insert Dem or Rep here] in 2016.

I defend government programs when they make sense for the public protection. It is for this reason that I defend completely unfettered free speech on the internet...and rigorously-opposed any Trojan horses trying to remove that. You haven't seen a lack of safety until you remove your rights to free speech..

Instead, providers would be stuck allowing consumers to use the internet as they want to, using whatever services they like without any penalty. If that sounds pretty great, it's because that's basically how the internet has worked up until now.

The two sentences above make no sense. Net neutrality would mean providers would be stuck doing what they're doing now? If allowing consumers to use the internet as they want to, using whatever services they like without any penalty, is how the internet has worked up until now, then leave it alone. It's working just fine.

Your image above makes no statement at all on the issue. Nor does your post here.

The question remains open and unmolested -- HOW does "net neutrality" "censure" the internet?
In case you missed it, the key word there is HOW. That means you have to essplain the way it works.

My ability to update my SQL Server is more important than your ability to watch cat videos on YouTube.

I am willing to pay to ensure that I am able to do what I need across an uncontested pipe, you are willing to put political pressure on. I will pay for priority service because it is important to my business - you will shriek "NO FAIR" because you should be given the best just because you want it.

You will dictate that all get an equal share, the ambulance trying to send an EKG to the attending in hopes of saving a life gets no more bandwidth than OnePercenter playing Call of Duty, high on dope, in his mom's basement.

Net Neutrality fucks the internet.

Are you saying that the Internet should not be regulated? Are you saying that Internet freedom is "safer" in corporate hands?

Yes.

Far safer.

Do you think the government should own all newspapers? Why or why not? Are you saying that news is "safer" in corporate hands, than disseminated by our glorious rulers?

shoot-foot.gif

He won't get it...

You certainly didn't get it.

I defend government programs when they make sense for the public protection. It is for this reason that I defend completely unfettered free speech on the internet...and rigorously-opposed any Trojan horses trying to remove that. You haven't seen a lack of safety until you remove your rights to free speech..

And you haven't explained how any of this doesn't actually protect those rights, let alone "removes" them. Or indeed how it restricts any content at all.
Neither did Stephanie...
Neither did Herewegoagain...
Neither did Jon_berserk...
Nor did the OP. Or anyone else.

Yes.

Far safer.

shoot-foot.gif

He won't get it...

Do YOU believe the news is safer in corporate hands than it would be if the government took control of all news?

Yes.

Far safer.

shoot-foot.gif

He won't get it...

Do YOU believe the news is safer in corporate hands than it would be if the government took control of all news?

Hell the fuck no. That's a 'choose your poison' question.
Who do you think controls the government, Grasshopper? How long ago did you uh, get to this planet?

Instead, providers would be stuck allowing consumers to use the internet as they want to, using whatever services they like without any penalty. If that sounds pretty great, it's because that's basically how the internet has worked up until now.

The two sentences above make no sense. Net neutrality would mean providers would be stuck doing what they're doing now? If allowing consumers to use the internet as they want to, using whatever services they like without any penalty, is how the internet has worked up until now, then leave it alone. It's working just fine.

An Open Internet Is Essential to a Free Internet Why Net Neutrality Should Matter To Everyone Electronic Frontier Foundation

An Open Internet Is Essential to a Free Internet Why Net Neutrality Should Matter To Everyone Electronic Frontier Foundation

From the linked article:

>> That threat is real. In 2005, for example, Canadian ISP Telus , blocked access to a website that was used to plan actions by the Telecommunications Workers Union during a strike. And in 2007, AT&T deleted Eddy Vedder’s criticism of George W. Bush during a webcasted Pearl Jam concert. Although AT&T was technically acting in the capacity of a content provider, content providers and Internet providers have merged dramatically in the past few years, resulting in the lines becoming uncomfortably blurred. This sort of censorship threatens both innovation and free speech.

... When Comcast blocked all encrypted traffic to BitTorrent back in 2007, they claimed it was because BitTorrent was used for copyright infringement – never mind the many non-infringing uses that were also blocked. Good net neutrality rules would prevent that kind of policing from ISPs, as well as unilateral decisions by ISPs to degrade or block access to sites they allege are infringing or promote infringement. <<

One wonders what the OP and her ilk would think of a message board that routinely deleted posts carrying political points the board site operators didn't like.

Who do you think controls the government, Grasshopper? How long ago did you uh, get to this planet?

Bureaucrats and government employees, along with their corrupt unions control the government.

Handing control of the internet to a hack agency like the FCC is the type of toxic stupidity that only you leftists can come up with.

Bureaucrats and government employees, along with their corrupt unions control the government.

Handing control of the internet to a hack agency like the FCC is the type of toxic stupidity that only you leftists can come up with.

You can be -- what is it, the sixth? -- invitee to essplain how Net Neutrality "hands control of the internet" to anybody. Everybody else has failed.

Then we can get on to "hack agency" if you want another Rachel Carson moment...

You can be -- what is it, the sixth? -- invitee to essplain how Net Neutrality "hands control of the internet" to anybody. Everybody else has failed.

Then we can get on to "hack agency" if you want another Rachel Carson moment...

I've already explained it to you.

Reread earlier posts for content.

I can envision a future of mesh networks, self sufficient and self healing. It would simply be a web of peer to peer nodes connected wirelessly.

Imagine a shopping mall with a food court and big box stores, all national chain franchises, and a bunch of mall cops regulating the place. Maybe you've got a few independents in small kiosks selling sunglasses or whatever. If the Internet were to become analogous to that, lots of people would find new pipelines to explore.

Truth is, the Internet already is becoming analogous to a mall, with the majority of all traffic happening on the top 10 sites.

Forum List

Back