Here’s a weird thought…

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Everyone you've ever met, everyone you've ever seen and pretty much every name in history is closely enough related to you genetically to be called 'human'. Which is REALLY closely related.

There were other branches of hominids who made it out of the last ice age, none of which survive, like Neanderthal, who were not human, but they were real people with religion, language, tools and the rest that differentiate humans from 'animals'.

:dunno: Were they 'sub-human' and incapable of survival, all things being equal, or did humans eliminate the competition without mercy?

There must have been some hot Neanderthal chicks and/or some silver-tongued Neanderthal dudes, because there is something left of Neanderthal.... The more quickly a person can get to Europe on the Old Family Tree, the more likely they are to have traces of Neanderthal DNA along for the ride. :thup:

This is one of those disturbing facts of our origins that is slowly but surely replacing the origin stories which were widely held pretty much through the 19th Century. Before 1500 everyone who's anyone just KNEW the world was flat.

Survival of the fittest is brutal, but it certainly fits the evidence and our history. More importantly, it leaves the responsibility of redirecting the focus from survival of the most fit individual to survival of the species, as well as survival of the planet as a whole, squarely on the shoulders of the Monkeys present and future who're evolving through it, and not some God in a future that depends on life continuing after death.

Heaven is a definite possibility of a firm maybe... Monkey Spawn is the only proven Monkey Future.

Have you kids reached the stars yet?
:smoke:

Everyone you’ve ever met, everyone you’ve ever seen and pretty much every name in history is closely enough related to you genetically to be called ‘human’. Which is REALLY closely related.

There were other branches of hominids who made it out of the last ice age, none of which survive, like Neanderthal, who were not human, but they were real people with religion, language, tools and the rest that differentiate humans from 'animals'.

:dunno: Were they ‘sub-human’ and incapable of survival, all things being equal, or did humans eliminate the competition without mercy?

Nova Decoding Neanderthals - YouTube

There must have been some hot Neanderthal chicks and/or some silver-tongued Neanderthal dudes, because there is something left of Neanderthal… The more quickly a person can get to Europe on the Old Family tree, the more likely they are to have traces of Neanderthal DNA along for the ride. :thup:

more likely they were over whelmed.... but not before adding in a few important links into our DNA.

we are more closely related even then that.... there have been a few genetic bottlenecks throughout our history were the entire species was almost wiped out.

No they didn't.

You can't say that without first defining 'anyone'. As in everyone who's anyone.

Otherwise it could be anyone and of course someone wasn't.

In other words, you admit you posted a false statement. That's ok, as long as you acknowledge it.

In other words I posted what is obviously an alliteration not a fact, and I'm having a hard time believing that a smart guy like you wants to argue semantics over the wording in it.

In other words I posted what is obviously an alliteration not a fact, and I'm having a hard time believing that a smart guy like you wants to argue semantics over the wording in it.

"An alliteration"? :confused:

I KNOW a smart guy like you knows what alliteration means, and I am quite jealous that you've started drinking before me. I'll catch up later!

No... shame the devil and tell the truth, I picked the wrong fucking word. Again.

This is how you can tell I'm not a paid poster and that this cheap entertainment is exactly what's being paid for.

No... shame the devil and tell the truth, I picked the wrong fucking word. Again.

This is how you can tell I'm not a paid poster and that this cheap entertainment is exactly what's being paid for.

Or...is that just what you want us to think, to put us off the trail of your actually being a paid poster? The old 'wrong word/right word' routine. Oldest trick in the book.*

*acknowledgments to Maxwell Smart

Forum List

Back