Here We Go Again: Upcoming GOP Debate Moderator Comes Out Against Trump

Trump should announce he wont participate and that he will have a televised press conference for 2 hours at the same time as the debate and see who gets more viewers.
Trump needs to quit the primadonna/victim act and quit complaining that the media is not in the bag for him.

No, all he needs to do, is more of the same. It wins voters

-Geaux

It wins REPUBLICAN voters.

But when you look at the internals from national and state one-on-one matchups with Trump against either Hillary, Sanders or even Biden, you will cringe.

Mod Edit:
  • No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site.

It is said to have been an internal poll conducted by one of Donald Trump’s GOP rivals. (one of the campaigns that is currently cash-rich but tepid in the polls) A quick “test the water” outline in some of the more critical battleground states. What came back stunned not only the campaign, but sent ripples through various Democratic operatives as well who have since been sending out the alarm – Donald Trump is appealing to minority voters in a way not seen by any Republican of the modern era. It is a base of support cutting through a cross-section of normally divided demographics that could result in a 2016 Trump Landslide.

150715150753-donald-trump-july-11-2015-large-169.jpg

Here is what a D.C. Whispers source had to say regarding the Trump polling data rumor:

“It’s still hush-hush, but enough mouths are moving to make it credible. It apparently started with some Florida numbers by the leading candidate down there. They had been warned their numbers were slipping and the campaign decided to confirm. They received more than confirmation. What they came back with were numbers that elevated Donald Trump’s support among minorities beyond anything they thought was possible. This initiated an order of three more internal polls of other battleground states and the results were very similar – Donald Trump is making significant gains across the board with minority voters.

Mod Edit:
  • No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump should announce he wont participate and that he will have a televised press conference for 2 hours at the same time as the debate and see who gets more viewers.
Trump needs to quit the primadonna/victim act and quit complaining that the media is not in the bag for him.

-Geaux

But when you look at the internals from national and state one-on-one matchups with Trump against either Hillary, Sanders or even Biden, you will cringe.

Hillary is going to get reamed. You need to move on. Top Secret files are a no.... no......

-Geaux

Uhuh....

The world is not fair and well moderated. Whoever is going to be President should know how to adjust and adapt to the situation at hand. If Trump doesn't learn to control his temper and ego he does not deserve to be a leader in the competition to get the nomination. He could have answered the questions he was asked with diplomacy and wit. He could have done damage control the next day instead of doubling down on being a crude jerk.
I will agree with what you say, but what about the other candidates? While Trump got asked 20 questions, the others were asked 5-7. The time allotted to Trump was way overboard and we didn't get to learn about the other candidates. And all of the questions asked of Trump were negative...not one issue asked about Fair? no.

One way to avoid this kind of conundrum is to have a list of 11-15 questions that could be asked of ANY of the candidates, put them in a box and also decide the order of questionees per chance, like a lottery-ball machine.

I am quite serious about this. In the machine would be one ball for each candidate, with his or her name on it. Let the machine run, spit out a ball, read the name of the person who gets a question, reach into the box, pull out a question, not knowing which question it is, and away we go.

Surely there are more than 15 major questions that could be asked of each and every candidate from both parties.

BTW, this is something I LOVE about you personally. You stay on the topic and you rarely, if ever, attack the person. This is why I am always delighted to see your name in USMB.

Now, what do you think of that idea with the box and the lottery machine?
I think that is a great idea! I can see that working and being truly effective. I wouldn't mind also one pertinent question for each candidate according to his own history ...and that could be of one of their negatives. I agree with posters that they have to take criticism well and this would test to see of they are presidential material.

Thank you for the compliment! That was very nice of you! You are one that I can depend on having a nice conversation with. And your idea is smashing! Who could not like that?

-Geaux

Course it's still early. Chances are none of the above will even be nominated. Bernie Sanders has no chance of being elected once is become evident that he wants 80% of your paycheck to go to government. Biden is such a fool that he makes Trump look intelligent. Hillary will most likely have to bow out because she's going to be charged with a felony. Trump probably won't actually run. He has to form a Super PAC and he hasn't done that yet.

Uhm, no.

Nowhere is is stated that a candidate must have a SuperPAC.

Being worth 10 Billion, as the toupee-troll claims, he doesn't need any pacs...

Political action committee - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Law requires neither a PAC nor a SuperPAc. But law requires that you report money flow if you have one or more of them.

The world is not fair and well moderated. Whoever is going to be President should know how to adjust and adapt to the situation at hand. If Trump doesn't learn to control his temper and ego he does not deserve to be a leader in the competition to get the nomination. He could have answered the questions he was asked with diplomacy and wit. He could have done damage control the next day instead of doubling down on being a crude jerk.
I will agree with what you say, but what about the other candidates? While Trump got asked 20 questions, the others were asked 5-7. The time allotted to Trump was way overboard and we didn't get to learn about the other candidates. And all of the questions asked of Trump were negative...not one issue asked about Fair? no.

One way to avoid this kind of conundrum is to have a list of 11-15 questions that could be asked of ANY of the candidates, put them in a box and also decide the order of questionees per chance, like a lottery-ball machine.

I am quite serious about this. In the machine would be one ball for each candidate, with his or her name on it. Let the machine run, spit out a ball, read the name of the person who gets a question, reach into the box, pull out a question, not knowing which question it is, and away we go.

Surely there are more than 15 major questions that could be asked of each and every candidate from both parties.

BTW, this is something I LOVE about you personally. You stay on the topic and you rarely, if ever, attack the person. This is why I am always delighted to see your name in USMB.

I think that is a great idea! I can see that working and being truly effective. I wouldn't mind also one pertinent question for each candidate according to his own history ...and that could be of one of their negatives. I agree with posters that they have to take criticism well and this would test to see of they are presidential material.

Thank you for the compliment! That was very nice of you! You are one that I can depend on having a nice conversation with. And your idea is smashing! Who could not like that?

Not only that, there could be a second lottery machine for the rebuttal-ball. This means that a candidate cannot indicate whom he wishes to hear a rebuttal from nor would the moderators pick the person to rebut. The ball would decide and no one would get to rebut a second time until everyone has rebutted at least once. In the case of the rebuttal ball being the same name as the person who was just questioned, then another ball is drawn and then the first ball is thrown back in.

Simple.

This would require all candidates to be deeply in the know about everything of relevance and be ready to either argue a point or rebut it, which is what classical debate is all about to begin with.

-Geaux

Internal Poll Shows Trump Generating Strong Support Among Minority Voters – “LANDSLIDE”

It is said to have been an internal poll conducted by one of Donald Trump’s GOP rivals. (one of the campaigns that is currently cash-rich but tepid in the polls) A quick “test the water” outline in some of the more critical battleground states. What came back stunned not only the campaign, but sent ripples through various Democratic operatives as well who have since been sending out the alarm – Donald Trump is appealing to minority voters in a way not seen by any Republican of the modern era. It is a base of support cutting through a cross-section of normally divided demographics that could result in a 2016 Trump Landslide.

Here is what a D.C. Whispers source had to say regarding the Trump polling data rumor:

“It’s still hush-hush, but enough mouths are moving to make it credible. It apparently started with some Florida numbers by the leading candidate down there. They had been warned their numbers were slipping and the campaign decided to confirm. They received more than confirmation. What they came back with were numbers that elevated Donald Trump’s support among minorities beyond anything they thought was possible. This initiated an order of three more internal polls of other battleground states and the results were very similar – Donald Trump is making significant gains across the board with minority voters.

Internal Poll Shows Trump Generating Strong Support Among Minority Voters LANDSLIDE
I would have liked to have more information about this poll. I wonder if it is legal immigrants. They would like to see illegals deported and make room for more family members to come over legally.

-Geaux

Internal Poll Shows Trump Generating Strong Support Among Minority Voters – “LANDSLIDE”

Internal Poll Shows Trump Generating Strong Support Among Minority Voters LANDSLIDE

Probably because these are the sort of people who are interested in Reality TV.

-Geaux

Nahhhhh... I think the guy is attracting a fair share of Independents, as well... in the interim.

Few people actually expect Trump to either win the Nomination nor the General Election.

His perceived value is as a Lightning Rod to concentrate and transmit The People's displeasure to the Nation's political leadership, on both sides of the aisle.

Folks are tired of worn-out dish-rag wussbag candidates who whore themselves out for votes and pander to ethnic voting blocs and can't shake off Political Correctness.

Folks are tired of Party Elites - on BOTH sides of the aisle - anointing the preordained Front-Man (or Woman), without meaningful input from The People themselves.

Trump may come off looking like a windbag and a butt-head and a snake-oil salesman.

But we need to look FAR beyond HIM, to what his unanticipated support is telling us about the present mood of the American Voting Public.

THAT is Trump's value... not his personal attributes nor prospects.

The popular reaction to his candidacy tells us a great deal about just how sick-and-tired average Americans are, of politics-as-usual in this country.

And THAT is a VERY healthy state of affairs.

Not only that, there could be a second lottery machine for the rebuttal-ball. This means that a candidate cannot indicate whom he wishes to hear a rebuttal from nor would the moderators pick the person to rebut. The ball would decide and no one would get to rebut a second time until everyone has rebutted at least once. In the case of the rebuttal ball being the same name as the person who was just questioned, then another ball is drawn and then the first ball is thrown back in.

Simple.

This would require all candidates to be deeply in the know about everything of relevance and be ready to either argue a point or rebut it, which is what classical debate is all about to begin with.
Very simple. And that would do away with, "Gov. Kasich, tell Mr. Trump what you think about his comment...." That stuff has to stop.

I wonder how we could get networks to change to that format...how about a petition? ;)

-Geaux

Nahhhhh... I think the guy is attracting a fair share of Independents, as well... in the interim.

Few people actually expect Trump to either win the Nomination nor the General Election.

His perceived value is as a Lightning Rod to concentrate and transmit The People's displeasure to the Nation's political leadership, on both sides of the aisle.

Folks are tired of worn-out dish-rag wussbag candidates who whore themselves out for votes and pander to ethnic voting blocs and can't shake off Political Correctness.

Folks are tired of Party Elites - on BOTH sides of the aisle - anointing the preordained Front-Man (or Woman), without meaningful input from The People themselves.

Trump may come off looking like a windbag and a butt-head and a snake-oil salesman.

But we need to look FAR beyond HIM, to what his unanticipated support is telling us about the present mood of the American Voting Public.

THAT is Trump's value... not his personal attributes nor prospects.

The popular reaction to his candidacy tells us a great deal about just how sick-and-tired average Americans are, of politics-as-usual in this country.
Excellent!!! My thoughts exactly!

I don't know why we are accepting the media calling that thing a debate. It was a question and answer forum. Didn't resemble a debate at all. It was really just a multiple candidate Q & A session. That means the tone and treatment of candidates are totally controlled by the people asking the questions. There is no real moderation. There wasn't in that cluster #%@k they just had.

-Geaux

Course it's still early. Chances are none of the above will even be nominated. Bernie Sanders has no chance of being elected once is become evident that he wants 80% of your paycheck to go to government. Biden is such a fool that he makes Trump look intelligent. Hillary will most likely have to bow out because she's going to be charged with a felony. Trump probably won't actually run. He has to form a Super PAC and he hasn't done that yet.

Uhm, no.

Nowhere is is stated that a candidate must have a SuperPAC.

Being worth 10 Billion, as the toupee-troll claims, he doesn't need any pacs...

Political action committee - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Law requires neither a PAC nor a SuperPAc. But law requires that you report money flow if you have one or more of them.
I didn't say he was required to form one. If he's serious, he will. The only advantage Bush has is he has the organization already in place. Trump is running everything practically on his own. I wonder if he ever sleeps.

I don't know why we are accepting the media calling that thing a debate. It was a question and answer forum. Didn't resemble a debate at all. It was really just a multiple candidate Q & A session. That means the tone and treatment of candidates are totally controlled by the people asking the questions. There is no real moderation. There wasn't in that cluster #%@k they just had.
So, in your mind, does that particular juicy rationalization justify a (moderator?) (facilitator?) (host?) (question-asker?) publicly demonstrating a bias in advance of the event?

So, in your mind, does that particular juicy rationalization justify a (moderator?) (facilitator?) (host?) (question-asker?) publicly demonstrating a bias in advance of the event?
That person should be disqualified almost automatically. Objectivity should be the standard requirement. The debates should not be organized by news organizations or journalist with obvious political leanings and agendas.

File under: GOP infighting is FUN!!
True.

Always fun to watch the Power Elites on EITHER side of the aisle go picnicking on each other's innards.
This is not what the Democrats want to hear, but I don't see them touting Clinton at all. It's as though they are sitting on the bleachers waiting to be told what team to root for...Clinton, Sanders or Biden...

While the Republicans have the opposite problem. They don't want to be told and are fighting the Establishment not to manipulate the party's nomination process.

Which Democrats are not touting Clinton, pray tell?
None that I have read about. Have you seen anyone talk about why Clinton would be a great president? I haven't. It's like everyone is holding their breath.

I think she will be an outstanding President and I have written it many times.
Oh, my. We certainly disagree with that!

You're right, Camp.

You inspired me to contact CNBC:

I sent a suggestion to CNBC about debate no. 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

:D

-Geaux

I would have liked to have more information about this poll. I wonder if it is legal immigrants. They would like to see illegals deported and make room for more family members to come over legally.

"It is said"...

always a dangerous way to start an article...

-Geaux

Again, polls of REPUBLICAN voters.

And the polls are not named and the internals are not to be seen.

why are you having difficulty understanding this?

Forum List

Back