Here’s the reason people tell me they want to buy an AR-15. And it’s simply ludicrous

I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon.
What is ludicrous is the fact that you feel you are owed a justification or that you feel they should "need" one. Frankly, it is none of your business why I make any legal purchase of anything. Maybe you need to keep your nose on your own face and out of other people's business.

You could make them feel better by explaining to them that AR's are useless when fighting an authoritarian government.
Tell the Afghanis that. Seems they used semi-auto weapons to their advantage against both the US and Russia. The Viet Cong could also add to that argument.

Nope…..the Supreme Court already ruled that just because there are options doesnt allow you idiots to ban types of guns
What part of “you’re at liberty to possess an AR 15 if you want” do you not understand; or are you just too stupid and dishonest to understand.

Own an AR 15 because they’re accurate or reliable or modular, whatever you want – but save the ridiculous lie about ‘needing’ an AR 15; that absent an AR 15 you’re somehow being ‘deprived’ of effective self-defense; because you’re not, it’s a lie.

Possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need’ – and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I personally don’t own a semi-automatic rifle that resembles a military weapon but there may be a time when I do have a reason to own one.

I live in a rural area of Florida and while there are deer on the property I am not a hunter. If a herd of feral hogs shows up, an AR-15 would be an excellent weapon to eliminate these pests.

I am far enough out in the country that it is unlikely that a mob of Antifa or BLM rioters will attempt to burn my house down. If that was a real concern I would acquire a couple AR-15s.

I am an old dinosaur that prefers revolvers to high cap pistols. The only rifle I own is a bolt action Swiss Mauser. I also own a 12 gauge double barreled coach gun for self defense.

If I was a hunter I would possibly be interested in buying an AR-15. They are very adaptable and one rifle can perform many different tasks. Plus a gun smith is not required for most modifications to the weapon. Why own half a dozen rifles when you can just own one.

Conservatives lie and fearmonger about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscations’ of guns that will never happen for the same reason conservatives lie and fearmonger about most everything else: keep the base ignorant, angry, and going to the polls.

Only an idiot would use an AR or AK for self defense.
Ever hear of a pistol?
You would get shot dead or wounded by one before you got the AR above your bellybutton.

No, you don't.
If they need you, call you up, they will give/loan you a weapon to use.
Only an idiot would lie that without an AR he’s being ‘deprived’ of effective self-defense.

What is ludicrous is the fact that you feel you are owed a justification or that you feel they should "need" one. Frankly, it is none of your business why I make any legal purchase of anything. Maybe you need to keep your nose on your own face and out of other people's business.
Wanting an AR is a legitimate reason, albeit personal and subjective.

The point being there is no ‘need’ to possess an AR 15 – there is no objective, documented evidence in support of the wrongheaded notion that without an AR 15 one is ‘self-defense deprived.’

There are ample other – and better – means of self-defense with a firearm; possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need.’

And yet again: that fact there this no need to possess an AR 15 is not to advocate for their prohibition.

Wanting an AR is a legitimate reason, albeit personal and subjective.

The point being there is no ‘need’ to possess an AR 15 – there is no objective, documented evidence in support of the wrongheaded notion that without an AR 15 one is ‘self-defense deprived.’

There are ample other – and better – means of self-defense with a firearm; possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need.’

And yet again: that fact there this no need to possess an AR 15 is not to advocate for their prohibition.
Show me the word NEED in the bill of rights

Trump supporters are dangerous for reasons other than guns – trying to destroy America’s democracy, for starters.
They are already changing election laws to do just that.
Conservatives lie and fearmonger about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscations’ of guns that will never happen for the same reason conservatives lie and fearmonger about most everything else: keep the base ignorant, angry, and going to the polls.
And buying weapons.

Only an idiot would go out and purchase something they're convinced will be banned/confiscated.

I don't hunt but I do have a lot of firearms because hunting is not a requirement of the second amendment.
It was when it was written.
They didn't have takeout.

Don't hunt but have plenty of weapons?

You would be the person in my neighborhood that a watch who be established.

What part of “you’re at liberty to possess an AR 15 if you want” do you not understand; or are you just too stupid and dishonest to understand.

Own an AR 15 because they’re accurate or reliable or modular, whatever you want – but save the ridiculous lie about ‘needing’ an AR 15; that absent an AR 15 you’re somehow being ‘deprived’ of effective self-defense; because you’re not, it’s a lie.

Possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need’ – and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Nope......if they can ban the AR-15 rifle, they can ban any rifle.......we need a rifle like the AR-15 to defend against people like you who take control of a government.....15 million dead Europeans teach us this...as well as the rest of human history and human nature.........

The AR-15 is now a symbol of freedom....because if they can grab the AR-15 rifle on the basis that we don't "need" a rifle like that.....there is no argument against not needing any other rifle like that...

The bans will not happen because people want to have the right to buy commonly used firearms for self defense.

Defunding the police in many blue cities has led to a significant increase in violent crime. Police departments now are undermanned and the cops have turned reactive rather than proactive. People in those cities now realize they can’t rely on the police to arrive and save the day. Therefore in the last year we have had a large increase in first time gun owners.

Forum List

Back