Herman Cain our next president? Check out this new poll

What does the left do if Cain becomes the nominee?
The race card will be gone

Cain winning the nomination would make so many heads on this board explode it will look like a Mythbusters Greatest Hits parade.

I think his tax policy will resonate with everybody except the entrenched classes in DC

And unlike Fred Thompson, he wont fizzle on the debate circuit.

On this board? Hell, if he gets the nomination Liberals from coast-to-coast will be jumping out of windows ... !! LOL!!

It would effectively eliminate the race card, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

It seems as if Cain has seriously exaggerated his business acumen. To be considered a business wiz, a CEO needs to increase the company's profits and expand its market share versus the competition while also creating a favorable impression in the minds of the general public by making their brand the gold standard in their field.

What did Cain do? The opposite!

And what experience does Obama have? Absolutely none, never held a job in his life let alone run a business. Cain is more qualified than Obama if you look at their working resume.

It seems as if Cain has seriously exaggerated his business acumen. To be considered a business wiz, a CEO needs to increase the company's profits and expand its market share versus the competition while also creating a favorable impression in the minds of the general public by making their brand the gold standard in their field.

What did Cain do? The opposite!

Oh baloney. What leftwing site did you take that spin off of? He certainly did not do the opposite since he took over Godfathers when it was teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and put it on solid financial footing again. Pillsbury put him in charge of Godfathers on the strength of his experience of rescuing several Burger King chains that were in serious financial trouble.

At Godfathers he managed to satisfactorily settle some outstanding lawsuits he had inherited, he closed down unprofitable locations that were beyond redemption, and focused on improving the quality and image of the rest. He initated a successful delivery service program and put together one of the most successful and memorable ad campaigns ever.

When he left Godfathers it was a healthy, prosperous company.

I would hope that if he was President, one thing he would do and would know how to do is shut down government agencies that aren't using the people's money for the people's benefit and would focus on the rest to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and usefulness for the people.

I guess if they lie about it we can call them a racist?
the 9-9-9 tax proposal shows how much more of a good leader he is than Obama

While what you said is true, we will need the support of the senate and congress to implement it "999". If we get the filibuster proof senate and house after 2012, the first order of business should be to repeal obamacare if it survives the SC. I think Obama is only letting it go to the SC right now because he knows if he doesn't and the GOP gets the chance to repeal it it will make him look like that much more of an ass.
Also, isn't it amazing that the left has yet to say "999 upside down is 666, Herman Cain is the devil!!!!!". HAHA!

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's one article about it:
Europe's VAT Lessons - WSJ.com
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.
TaxProf Blog: WSJ: Small Bras and the VAT

Of course I would pick him over Obama. I'd pick Jesse Jackson over Obama.
He favors the Fair Tax wherein INCOME TAX IS ELIMINATED! One provision in the Fair Tax proposal is that it would not be implemented until the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

There's nothing wrong with that. We could get rid of half the current employees of the IRS and use the rest to collect the tax. Nobody need know how much money anybody else makes...just tax what they spend. What could be simpler?

A straight consumption tax is unfair to low income folks.
Same as a straight income tax is unfair to the wealthy.​

That's why the fairest tax is a simple blend like Mr. Cains 9-9-9 proposal.

As long as it remains simple, there are 0 deductions beyond payroll, and the definition of "consumption" doesn't start getting squirrely with political favoritism, 9% is not too much to ask.

The Fair Tax proposed includes issuing of checks to those below poverty level income to cover the amount of tax that would be paid on essentials. Let's not debate the Fair Tax here though. I just wanted to correct this one misconception you presented.

I haven't studied Herman's 9-9-9 plan enough to debate it. I am confident that any plan Herman comes up with will be better than any plan the Obama twits propose.

He favors the Fair Tax wherein INCOME TAX IS ELIMINATED! One provision in the Fair Tax proposal is that it would not be implemented until the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

There's nothing wrong with that. We could get rid of half the current employees of the IRS and use the rest to collect the tax. Nobody need know how much money anybody else makes...just tax what they spend. What could be simpler?

A straight consumption tax is unfair to low income folks.
Same as a straight income tax is unfair to the wealthy.​

That's why the fairest tax is a simple blend like Mr. Cains 9-9-9 proposal.

As long as it remains simple, there are 0 deductions beyond payroll, and the definition of "consumption" doesn't start getting squirrely with political favoritism, 9% is not too much to ask.

The Fair Tax proposed includes issuing of checks to those below poverty level income to cover the amount of tax that would be paid on essentials. Let's not debate the Fair Tax here though. I just wanted to correct this one misconception you presented.

I haven't studied Herman's 9-9-9 plan enough to debate it. I am confident that any plan Herman comes up with will be better than any plan the Obama twits propose.

The far lefts way of winning elections is to lie about something over and over
I see the fair tax has began to get its hits

But if no one knows what anyone makes then it makes financial crimes much easier to commit.

Criminals could easily launder money through one ligit business

But if no one knows what anyone makes then it makes financial crimes much easier to commit.

Thus why 9-9-9 has some merit.

Launder it through your company, and you will pay 9% on it.

Dont launder it and you will pay 9% on it

It gives an even playing field all around.

What's Cain's position on abortion, public school and parental rights? I haven't heard those, they don't give him enough time.

This is the deal breaker on all of the republican line-up. I'm not certain that I'd want a social fascist, even one with a great plan for fair taxes.

Republicans need to lighten up on their desire to save me from myself if they want independent support.

The Irony is inescapable. Yep its the repubs trying to save you from yourself........:lmao:

It's the republicans who push the social adgenda of "just say no" to:

-Smoking weed
-Gay rights
-Multi-cultural government
-Abortion
-Religion other than Christian
-Science taught in schools when it opposes religious doctrine.
-Etc.

Like I said, the republicans are going to shoot themselves in the electoral foot if they don't lighten up on the social adgenda and let freedom ring.

It gives an even playing field all around.

the poor? The destitute?

Here in NY, we pay 8.25 state sales tax.
Add another 9%.....and a $200 grocery bill becomes $235

For the poor and the destitute, that can prove to be the difference between 2 meals and 3 meals a day.

Not saying I am against it...I like it....but we really need to remember the poor and the destitute.

Not to mention that they will be paying 9% on their income whereas they are likely paying nothing but FICA on their income.

This is the deal breaker on all of the republican line-up. I'm not certain that I'd want a social fascist, even one with a great plan for fair taxes.

Republicans need to lighten up on their desire to save me from myself if they want independent support.

The Irony is inescapable. Yep its the repubs trying to save you from yourself........:lmao:

-Smoking weed
-Gay rights
-Abortion
-Etc.

Like I said, the republicans are going to shoot themselves in the electoral foot if they don't lighten up on the social adgenda and let freedom ring.

Everything you have on your list should be for the people to decide
gay rights is being decided in the courts
\I have no idea what multi cultural govt is
Abortion again has been taken out of the peoples hands to decide
Religion? that's an issue that does not exist, you making that one up
Science? what does Science have to do with JC?

-Smoking weed
-Gay rights
-Abortion
-Etc.

Its the leftists who try and make it criminal to;

• Smoke Pot
  • Be White
  • Oppose Abortion, even in the 9th month
  • Follow the Christian religion. (Islam is fine, though!)
  • Question the religion of global warming
  • Etc.

the poor? The destitute?

For the poor and the destitute, that can prove to be the difference between 2 meals and 3 meals a day.

Not saying I am against it...I like it....but we really need to remember the poor and the destitute.

Not to mention that they will be paying 9% on their income whereas they are likely paying nothing but FICA on their income.

On both the state level, and in Cain's plan, food from stores (not fast food) is exempt.

It will have no impact on how many meals the poor have. Neither the NY sales tax nor Cain's add even one penny to the $200 grocery bill in your example. Yeah, your cigarettes and beer are going to be taxed, but that really isn't the foundation of a healthy meal.

the poor? The destitute?

On both the state level, and in Cain's plan, food from stores (not fast food) is exempt.

It will have no impact on how many meals the poor have. Neither the NY sales tax nor Cain's add even one penny to the $200 grocery bill in your example. Yeah, your cigarettes and beer are going to be taxed, but that really isn't the foundation of a healthy meal.

Thanks
I hate to see information that is not accurate

the poor? The destitute?

Thanks. I havent heard about that part of it.
So far, from what I have heard, it sounds like a viable plan. What are the estimates on revenue? More than the existing tax code?

Let me take a walk on the wild side (as in conservatives' ad nauseum penchant for conspiracy theories).

999? Don't you all see. That's just 666 upside down. Cain is obviously the Antichrist. Even his name should give you pause. Cain? Think Cain and Abel!

Godfather's Pizza even used commercials making light of murder.

In the commercials, a man who very strongly resembled a gangster said the following lines:

"A pizza you can't refuse!"

"Do it!"

"If you don't like anchovies, you'll be sleeping with the fishes!"

"Da goods is in da box!"

"I know your neighborhood."

By the way, has anyone seen Cain's birth certificate? How do we even know that he was born at all. Maybe he rose from the fires of hell.

the poor? The destitute?

Thanks. I havent heard about that part of it.
So far, from what I have heard, it sounds like a viable plan. What are the estimates on revenue? More than the existing tax code?

The estimate part to me would be impossible to estimate
do you realize it would have allowed me to have 50-90,000 more to spend in the last 10 years?
I make about 75k a year
9% is 6750
bout 14,500 to day with another 3500 in payroll

I had a couple of lean years, but 90k is not that far off

MY GOD man
LOOK AT THE JOBS

Let me take a walk on the wild side (as in conservatives' ad nauseum penchant for conspiracy theories).

999? Don't you all see. That's just 666 upside down. Cain is obviously the Antichrist. Even his name should give you pause. Cain? Think Cain and Abel!

Godfather's Pizza even used commercials making light of murder.

In the commercials, a man who very strongly resembled a gangster said the following lines:

"A pizza you can't refuse!"

"Do it!"

"If you don't like anchovies, you'll be sleeping with the fishes!"

"Da goods is in da box!"

"I know your neighborhood."

By the way, has anyone seen Cain's birth certificate? How do we even know that he was born at all. Maybe he rose from the fires of hell.

Your chronic drug use has left you functionally retarded.

Forum List

Back