Hey, 99 Percenters, You Call This 'Fair'?

Hey, 99 Percenters, You Call This 'Fair'?
A study by the New York City Independent Budget Office was released this week, and you didn't hear much about it in the mainstream media because it hurts their candidate's message.

Keep in mind, I'm your Conservative Everyman. I'm no economist, nor am I a political scientist. I call 'em as I see 'em just like you do. And away we go...

New York City has a little more than 8 million residents. Of those many millions, 1% -- ONE PERCENT -- pays 43% of the income taxes. You know how many people that works out to? About 35,000 people.

Picture in your mind's eye the City of New York, not just Manhattan, but all five boroughs. Imagine the throngs here right now enjoying the holidays. Think about the police presence, the sanitation, the schools brimming with children...East Side, West Side, The Village -- a hell of a town! 8 million people!

Now imagine Yankee Stadium, or any average Major League ballpark, and fill it except for the nosebleed seats. That tiny number pays almost HALF the operating costs for the city. How's THAT for fair?

Another kick in the head is that ten percent of New Yorkers pay 71% of the taxes. Guess how much income it takes to crack that ten percent?You don't have to be one of the millionaires or billionaires whom the Divider in Chief loves to vilify. You need not be an evil fat cat making $200,000 -- perish the thought! What's it take to crack the top ten percent in the most expensive city in America? $105,000. Yep, a buck five.​

Thank you for posting this. It does a great job highlighting the massive income disparity in this country.

The top 1% pays 43%

The next 9% pays 28% ----- and this line starts at 105k

And the rest of the 90% pay 29%

Youch.

That's a lot of underpaid mother fuckers.

Sure is! You'd think they'd do something to improve their lot in life instead of just demand that the people who did give them part of their wealth.
Ah, yes......

.....no doubt.

handjob.gif

The distribution of wealth in the US. If we had $100 of wealth to be divided among 100 people, here is where it goes

One person would get $34.60
Nineteen people would get $2.66
Eighty people would get 19 cents

The Conservative solution to our tax structure is that we need to make those with 19 cents worth of wealth pay more

ALL MY EYES: Wealth Distribution For Dummies

If you see this and think "I'm fine with that" you're just fucked in the head.

If you see that someone has more and you think you are entitled to things at their expense... you're just fucked in the head

If you see that someone has less and you think you are entitled to things at their expense.....you're just fucked in the head.

If you see that someone has more and you think you are entitled to things at their expense... you're just fucked in the head

If you see that someone has less and you think you are entitled to things at their expense.....you're just fucked in the head.

Ahhh.. not the case.... as in a system where everyone pays an equal share on each and every dollar earned... you are not getting at the expense of someone making less... you are indeed paying your way as well...

Nice try though

Ahhh.. not the case.... as in a system where everyone pays an equal share on each and every dollar earned... you are not getting at the expense of someone making less... you are indeed paying your way as well...

Nice try though

You don't think that the CEO and top level execs getting fat salaries and bonunes doesn't come at the expense of the rest of the company that they pay dirt wages to?

:lol:

Fuck y'all, I gots mine.

Ahh... the other false argument...

It's not that people like me do not wish to help others... I give and volunteer to causes quite a lot... it is just not OWED to anyone and it should not be forced that someone else be generous... while I like that I give the amounts I do, it is not my place to insist that government be used to force others making good money to do the same... in a free society, you have the freedom to be a kind and generous person with your money just as you have the freedom to be a miser and scrooge.... just because you don't like someone who is not helping as much as you think is good, does not give you the right to force their contribution

So fuck you and your generosity with the monies of others

Fuck y'all, I gots mine.

It's not that people like me do not wish to help others... I give and volunteer to causes quite a lot... it is just not OWED to anyone and it should not be forced that someone else be generous... while I like that I give the amounts I do, it is not my place to insist that government be used to force others making good money to do the same... in a free society, you have the freedom to be a kind and generous person with your money just as you have the freedom to be a miser and scrooge.... just because you don't like someone who is not helping as much as you think is good, does not give you the right to force their contribution

You still think I'm talking about taxes.

Hilarious.

Nice try though

You don't think that the CEO and top level execs getting fat salaries and bonunes doesn't come at the expense of the rest of the company that they pay dirt wages to?

Don't you think that if everyone could do the job of a CEO, everyone would be one at some time or another...

And there is a big difference of making a huge sum in an openly achieved position in business... and getting handouts for no contribution, forced by the hand of government which is voted for an put in place to keep the redistribution system running...

Sorry buddy boy.... free rides are not the right way to do things... even though you sure like one at the expense of someone else

Fuck y'all, I gots mine.

Hilarious.

And you still think your envy of others is justified... I don't care if Charlie CEO got his or Cleo Celebrity got hers...

Nice try though

Don't you think that if everyone could do the job of a CEO, everyone would be one at some time or another...

And there is a big difference of making a huge sum in an openly achieved position in business... and getting handouts for no contribution, forced by the hand of government which is voted for an put in place to keep the redistribution system running...

Sorry buddy boy.... free rides are not the right way to do things... even though you sure like one at the expense of someone else

What happened to improving your lot in life?

You're not arguing that people have ceilings now are you?

Hilarious.

And you still think your envy of others is justified... I don't care if Charlie CEO got his or Cleo Celebrity got hers...

It's not envy, cuz I gots mine.

It's thinking the ever growing income disparity in this country is fucked up.

So you want to raise taxes on the poor, the working class, the middle class, and everyone else who's in the not-Rich category,

to make it 'fair'.

What's new...

You want to raise taxes on only the rich, asshole. We want everyone to pay taxes.
to make it "fair"

Why should taxes be "fair", if incomes are not?

At what point did "fairness" become such an important issue to free-market conservatives?

Seriously? You don't know the difference? Taxes are imposed by the government so the government can pay for those things they are responsible for. If you want to be fair, everyone gets the same percentage of their income confiscated by the government. With income, each individual is free to pursue any income they desire. The more income you make, the easier it is for you to live and the more dollars the government gets because 10% of $100,000 is more than 10% of $25,000. There are no laws or limits on how much you can make and there shouldn't be.

The distribution of wealth in the US. If we had $100 of wealth to be divided among 100 people, here is where it goes

The Conservative solution to our tax structure is that we need to make those with 19 cents worth of wealth pay more

It is not the nation's wealth to distribute. Some people are worth more money. They are paid more for their labor. The accumulate more wealth.
Simon Cowel drives a Bugatti Veyron. that he paid 2.7 million for. Do you deserve one because you're an adequate burger flipper?

What happened to improving your lot in life?

You're not arguing that people have ceilings now are you?

Everyone has skill sets... not everyone makes the strides or choices necessary to be CEO or a famous actor or a sports star or an invention mogul... though everyone is free to try and everyone is free to do what they wish to improve their situation.... that is the freedom to succeed... and guess what, it goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail... but what it does not go hand in hand with is the freedom to take from others, infringing on their freedom, even if government does it with unconstitutional power they have granted themselves

Hilarious.

Why don't you just send the government a big check along with your return this year? You think the wealthy should pay more? Be my guest.

It is not the nation's wealth to distribute. Some people are worth more money. They are paid more for their labor. The accumulate more wealth.
Simon Cowel drives a Bugatti Veyron. that he paid 2.7 million for. Do you deserve one because you're an adequate burger flipper?

So we can count you among those who are fine with it.

I was an excellent burger flipper when I was 17, BTW.

Then I went and served my country.

Then I went and got an ok job in the financial industry.

I won't ask about your biker fluffer skills. No doubt they are more than adequate.

Why don't you just send the government a big check along with your return this year? You think the wealthy should pay more? Be my guest.

^---------- another moron who thinks I'm talking about taxes.

Thank you for posting this. It does a great job highlighting the massive income disparity in this country.

The top 1% pays 43%

The next 9% pays 28% ----- and this line starts at 105k

And the rest of the 90% pay 29%

Youch.

That's a lot of underpaid mother fuckers.

Sure is! You'd think they'd do something to improve their lot in life instead of just demand that the people who did give them part of their wealth.

Yes, so some other schmo can take the job they left while the big picture and overall disparity changes not a lick.

Indeed.

You do realize that there is a progression in employment and income don't you? I started out as a teenager in high school sacking groceries for $1.60 per hour. I worked there part way thru college and because I wasn't a slacker and had a good work ethic, I was given greater responsibilities and more pay. I went to work for a bank right out of college and when they switched me to full time back in 1980, they started paying me $900 a month and I thought I was living like a king. By the time I turned 28, I was making more than my dad was after 32 years in his union job. 31 years down the road, I won't tell you how much I make, but it's much better than that $900 a month back in 1980. I've never been out of work a single day of my adult life.

You make your own luck thru the choices you make. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were average kids with an idea and a dream who started companies in their garages and became part of that 1% rich bastard group. Is there disparity in income? Of course there is. Is there disparity in the length of dicks or the size of boobs? Yeah, there is. Individuals cam close their own disparity gap thru the choices they make. Using the government to take wealth from one person to give to another person in an attempt to be "fair" is pure and simple bullshit.

Forum List

Back