High Tax States Suing the Treasury. They want a Tax Cut.

The tax cap was created to punish the states which did not vote for Trump.

And to think the pseudocons got upset about the IRS being used as a political weapon! Ha!
Just shut up and pay your fair share.

Prove they aren't already, dope.
They lost their state deduction. Now because the state wanted the money, instead of giving it to the federal goverment. Now, they are complaining. Pay it or shut up, or get your state to lower taxes.

Huh?
The individual lost their state deduction, dope. Now they're paying taxes twice on the same money.

I asked you to prove that those states weren't paying their "fair share" before.

Apparently you are unable.
It was a deduction, they are losing. I thought you loons are against those anyway.

And to think the pseudocons got upset about the IRS being used as a political weapon! Ha!

They lost their state deduction. Now because the state wanted the money, instead of giving it to the federal goverment. Now, they are complaining. Pay it or shut up, or get your state to lower taxes.

Huh?
The individual lost their state deduction, dope. Now they're paying taxes twice on the same money.

I asked you to prove that those states weren't paying their "fair share" before.

It was a deduction, they are losing. I thought you loons are against those anyway.

You're an idiot.
It was a deduction because state taxes aren't income.

Define "fair share".
Prove to us that those states weren't paying that before.

the tale of America coming out of the Great Depression and not only surviving but actually transforming itself into an economic giant is the stuff of legend. the part that gives me goosebumps is what we did with all that wealth: over several generations, our country built the greatest middle class the world has ever known.

Liberals are very confused. Is anyone surprised? They bitch all the time about how people are allowed to keep too much of the income they earned. Now they are suing to avoid paying their fair share of the Federal burden. They got exactly what they demanded. Now they are crying. Should high tax states pay their faire share of Federal income tax or should they continue with the lawsuits to avoid paying their fair share?

I have mentioned this topic before and it was moved to the rubber room by a mod. I am hopeful the title and topic will stick this time.

New York, 3 other states sue over federal tax reform law

"The SALT cap limited the amount of state and local tax — including property tax and state income tax — that can be deducted from married and individual federal tax filings.

The $10,000 limit took effect this year and will apply when people fill out their federal returns in 2019. Previously, taxpayers were allowed to deduct their entire state and local tax bill from their federal returns.

The cap hits high-tax, high-wealth states like New York particularly hard, with about 30 percent of the state's taxpayers expected to be impacted. It only applies to those who itemize their federal returns and pay more than $10,000 in state and local taxes."
Now they are suing to avoid paying their fair share of the Federal burden.

Liar.
They pay more than their fair share already.
These states already pay more in federal taxes than they receive back in federal spending even with the state tax deduction.

Eliminating the deduction ony increases that disparity that already existed with the low tax states. It is a double tax. If anything, that should piss you off.

Liar the indviauls don't that's why they are suing...the states are using that money to pay for their bloated union pensions and 100 grand a year dog catchers ..instead of giving it to the federal government.

Huh?

You're an idiot.

Define "fair share".

No you are an idiot indivisuals in red States pay their fair share to the feds , indivisuals in blue states do not.

Liberals are very confused. Is anyone surprised? They bitch all the time about how people are allowed to keep too much of the income they earned. Now they are suing to avoid paying their fair share of the Federal burden. They got exactly what they demanded. Now they are crying. Should high tax states pay their faire share of Federal income tax or should they continue with the lawsuits to avoid paying their fair share?

I have mentioned this topic before and it was moved to the rubber room by a mod. I am hopeful the title and topic will stick this time.

"The SALT cap limited the amount of state and local tax — including property tax and state income tax — that can be deducted from married and individual federal tax filings.

The $10,000 limit took effect this year and will apply when people fill out their federal returns in 2019. Previously, taxpayers were allowed to deduct their entire state and local tax bill from their federal returns.

The cap hits high-tax, high-wealth states like New York particularly hard, with about 30 percent of the state's taxpayers expected to be impacted. It only applies to those who itemize their federal returns and pay more than $10,000 in state and local taxes."

Liar.
These states already pay more in federal taxes than they receive back in federal spending even with the state tax deduction.

Eliminating the deduction ony increases that disparity that already existed with the low tax states. It is a double tax. If anything, that should piss you off.

Liar the indviauls don't that's why they are suing...the states are using that money to pay for their bloated union pensions and 100 grand a year dog catchers ..instead of giving it to the federal government.

You are dumb as shit, dude.

The deduction that was eliminated was for the individual. States don't pay federal taxes, dope.
The individual taxpayer now must pay federal income tax on the money that they've paid in state taxes.
The state gets their money either way, dope.

Huh?

You're an idiot.

Define "fair share".

No you are an idiot indivisuals in red States pay their fair share to the feds , indivisuals in blue states do not.

Post it up, loser.

The left wants more taxes but want others to actually pay it. It’s insane not to have a cap on salt deductions. In fact it seems it should be illegal for one state to get more in federal deductions because they have higher taxes than another one. Pay your fair share is sounding kind of expensive now isn’t it libs?

Liar.

The deduction that was eliminated was for the individual. States don't pay federal taxes, dope.
The individual taxpayer now must pay federal income tax on the money that they've paid in state taxes.
So pay up. You want your federal programs, you want your state programs too so write the check and stop being a bitch.

The left wants more taxes but want others to actually pay it. It’s insane not to have a cap on salt deductions. In fact it seems it should be illegal for one state to get more in federal deductions because they have higher taxes than another one. Pay your fair share is sounding kind of expensive now isn’t it libs?

Define"fair share" then post what each state pays in federal taxes vs what they receive in federal spending.

Liar.

So pay up. You want your federal programs, you want your state programs too so write the check and stop being a bitch.

The higher rate states receive less in federal funding, dope.
Logically that makes sense but you all have difficulty with logic.

I find it ironic that Democrats are complaining about rich people having to pay higher taxes.
Shhh.. don't tell anyone that they could move to states that don't have ridiculous income and property taxes. They might show up here.

Trump wants to punish the states which voted for Hillary and take that money to buy the votes of the hayseeds hurt by his protectionist tariffs.

It's all good!

Your contempt for those that grow the food that keeps you alive in noted.

YOu are an ass.

Huh?

Deductions? I thought Democrats refer to deductions as welfare. Now they don't?

I find it ironic that Democrats are complaining about rich people having to pay higher taxes.
Shhh.. don't tell anyone that they could move to states that don't have ridiculous income and property taxes. They might show up here.

Except of course, they no longer get the deduction either.

Except of course, they no longer get the deduction either.

Many less are affected. I don't know what the problem is. This is a tax on the rich. Isn't that what you on the left wanted?

Elections have consequences, douchebag. All those blue state leftwingers who are always gloating about how much money they have are about to pay their fair share.

Greedy little bitches. Libs talk a lot, but when it comes down to it, they are a bunch of greedy little pussies that refuse to pay their fair share. All of them are full of shit.

Punishes a lot of middle income families that voted for the Don. Mi will not be voting for the Don again. He has instated double taxation and I thought the GOP was anti that?
It doesn't punish middle income families. It punishes the wealthy. I thought you snowflakes supported that.

$10,000 is easy to reach if you live in a wealthy state

$10,000 is easy to reach if you live in a wealthy state
Only if you're wealthy, dumbass. The claim that it hurts the middle class is pure hooey.

Forum List

Back