High Tax States Suing the Treasury. They want a Tax Cut.

The tax cap was created to punish the states which did not vote for Trump.

And to think the pseudocons got upset about the IRS being used as a political weapon! Ha!

Greedy little bitches. Libs talk a lot, but when it comes down to it, they are a bunch of greedy little pussies that refuse to pay their fair share. All of them are full of shit.
Punishes a lot of middle income families that voted for the Don. Mi will not be voting for the Don again. He has instated double taxation and I thought the GOP was anti that?
It doesn't punish middle income families. It punishes the wealthy. I thought you snowflakes supported that.

Many middle class families in prosperous states pay more than $10,000

Liberals are very confused. Is anyone surprised? They bitch all the time about how people are allowed to keep too much of the income they earned. Now they are suing to avoid paying their fair share of the Federal burden. They got exactly what they demanded. Now they are crying. Should high tax states pay their faire share of Federal income tax or should they continue with the lawsuits to avoid paying their fair share?

I have mentioned this topic before and it was moved to the rubber room by a mod. I am hopeful the title and topic will stick this time.

New York, 3 other states sue over federal tax reform law

"The SALT cap limited the amount of state and local tax — including property tax and state income tax — that can be deducted from married and individual federal tax filings.

The $10,000 limit took effect this year and will apply when people fill out their federal returns in 2019. Previously, taxpayers were allowed to deduct their entire state and local tax bill from their federal returns.

The cap hits high-tax, high-wealth states like New York particularly hard, with about 30 percent of the state's taxpayers expected to be impacted. It only applies to those who itemize their federal returns and pay more than $10,000 in state and local taxes."
$10,000 is easy to reach if you live in a wealthy state
Only if you're wealthy, dumbass. The claim that it hurts the middle class is pure hooey.

You don’t have to be wealthy

And to think the pseudocons got upset about the IRS being used as a political weapon! Ha!

Greedy little bitches. Libs talk a lot, but when it comes down to it, they are a bunch of greedy little pussies that refuse to pay their fair share. All of them are full of shit.
Punishes a lot of middle income families that voted for the Don. Mi will not be voting for the Don again. He has instated double taxation and I thought the GOP was anti that?
It doesn't punish middle income families. It punishes the wealthy. I thought you snowflakes supported that.

You have to make well over 6 figures to pay that much in state taxes.

Liberals are very confused. Is anyone surprised? They bitch all the time about how people are allowed to keep too much of the income they earned. Now they are suing to avoid paying their fair share of the Federal burden. They got exactly what they demanded. Now they are crying. Should high tax states pay their faire share of Federal income tax or should they continue with the lawsuits to avoid paying their fair share?

I have mentioned this topic before and it was moved to the rubber room by a mod. I am hopeful the title and topic will stick this time.

"The SALT cap limited the amount of state and local tax — including property tax and state income tax — that can be deducted from married and individual federal tax filings.

The $10,000 limit took effect this year and will apply when people fill out their federal returns in 2019. Previously, taxpayers were allowed to deduct their entire state and local tax bill from their federal returns.

The cap hits high-tax, high-wealth states like New York particularly hard, with about 30 percent of the state's taxpayers expected to be impacted. It only applies to those who itemize their federal returns and pay more than $10,000 in state and local taxes."
Only if you're wealthy, dumbass. The claim that it hurts the middle class is pure hooey.

Yes you do.

Or own a home

Yes you do.
Maybe a poor person such as yourself doesn’t reach that threshold

Not much taxes on a double wide

Or own a home
You don't get to deduct property taxes from your federal income taxes.

I find it ironic that Democrats are complaining about rich people having to pay higher taxes.
Shhh.. don't tell anyone that they could move to states that don't have ridiculous income and property taxes. They might show up here.

Except of course, they no longer get the deduction either.

Many less are affected. I don't know what the problem is. This is a tax on the rich. Isn't that what you on the left wanted?
Rich?
When did you get on board with the notion of double tax?

Not wealthy, dope. Anyone who itemizes.

Yes you do.

You're a loser if you believe that is wealthy.

No, only a small percent of those who itemize.
Making sense of the new cap on state tax deductions

Or own a home
You don't get to deduct property taxes from your federal income taxes.
I have been doing it for 30 years

Liar.

10k is nothing when we're talking state, property and sales tax.

Why are you dopes applauding the idea of double taxation?

These were only deductible because taxes are not income.

Liar.

The standard deduction for a couple filing jointly is $12,700. Itemized deductions have to be more than that before it's even worth it for you to itemize. If you have a mortgage on a $150,000 home, you're going to take the standard deduction, so Trump's SALT tax treatment changes won't even affect you.

Remember, these tax changes affect only the deduction for state and local taxes, not the interest payment deduction.

Liar.

Double taxation, huh? But when the left wants to implement a death tax; money that was already taxed, you have no problem with double taxation.

I find it ironic that Democrats are complaining about rich people having to pay higher taxes.
Shhh.. don't tell anyone that they could move to states that don't have ridiculous income and property taxes. They might show up here.

Except of course, they no longer get the deduction either.

Many less are affected. I don't know what the problem is. This is a tax on the rich. Isn't that what you on the left wanted?
Rich?
When did you get on board with the notion of double tax?

I may not be an expert on taxes, but where do you get double taxation from?

Hmmm. I just looked at my latest pay stub. The state is withholding about 38 bucks. Mind you I may even get some back after I file next year depending on a lot of things.

In any case, I get paid every two weeks. In short, if I don't get a refund from my state, I'll be paying less than $1,000 for the year.

I'm just a middle-class guy. Not poor but not rich either. So how are people from these "wealthy states" paying ten times what I'm paying?

The amendment that allows income taxes gives very broad powers to the federal government regarding said income tax.

This lawsuit is a no-go.
They know that. The lawsuits are just one of the ways that corrupt politicians give taxpayer money to their lawyer friends.

You are confused Moon Bat. It is fake news that the middle class will be paying higher taxes. Did you hear that on Democratundergorund, Rachael Maddow or Comedy Central?

You have to be pretty damn well off to be paying more than $10K. Even then that will be offset by the lower tax rates. If you do have more than $10K to deduct then the lower tax brackets will offset the lost of the deduction. You have to be pretty damn wealthy before the lost of the deductible and the lower tax rates means you will be paying more in taxes than you were before.

What are you bitching about Moon Bat? I thought you stupid Moon Bats loved it when the rich had to pay more taxes?

Meanwhile every American will benefit from the lower tax rates and the 75% of Americans that are on the lower end or take the standard deduction will greatly benefit.

I am a middle class retiree and I will be paying about $2K less in taxes this year than last year. If you are not paying lower taxes then you either doing it wrong, extremely wealthy are just simply too stupid to figure out your taxes.

Of course being a Moon Bat maybe you aren't paying lower taxes because you are a welfare queen that doesn't pay any of the trillion a year that is collected from the filthy income tax. That is it, isn't it?

Forum List

Back