Highway Funding Is About to Run Out

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
How can this be? Where are all those $$$ we give the Feds every time we fill our tanks?
Here's a snippet of what you pay for every gallon of fuel you buy:

The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel. On average, as of January 2013, state and local taxes add 30.4 cents to gasoline and 30.0 cents to diesel, for a total US average fuel tax of 49.5 cents per gallon for gas and 54.8 cents per gallon for diesel. [Thanks to Wiki]

Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx says the U.S. Highway Trust Fund will run out of cash by the end of September, threatening widespread layoffs and delays of badly needed highway projects, unless long-term action is taken

The U.S. Highway Trust Fund is on the verge of insolvency, threatening widespread layoffs and delays of badly needed highway projects.

More hooey to support another money grab by Obama? The article says it's the reason behind his proposal to gouge $302BILLION out of you taxes to shore up the fund!

Read story @ U.S. Highway Funding on Brink of Insolvency - TIME

I don't mind the federal money spent to improve bus stops. But, those horribly expensive pedestrian bridges that nobody uses makes me shake my head. And, how much of the fund goes to an army of bureaucrats? :mad:

Filter everything through the DC Laundry and you get 15 cents on the dollar.

At this point I am just waiting for everything to collapse. I welcome it.

The purpose of GPS monitoring of every vehicle will appear to be primarily a means of charging you by the mile for driving. Whether on private, local, state or federal roads.

The real purpose? To make you think hard before driving to a gathering where opposition to the regime might be expressed.

It'll be a boon to the shoe industry in China.

Until they're forced to put GPS chips in every right shoe they make though not in any for the left foot. Unless, of course, sold to people who have somehow lost their right foot in which case they just can't afford to take chances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How can this be? Where are all those $$$ we give the Feds every time we fill our tanks?"

Could it be something as simple as the sequestrations? Is this thread a lie by omission? Is Pennywise an ignoramus, is RoadVirus green with envy? Is HenryB a paranoid? Time will tell, in the meantime let's see what 2014 and the tea party has brought us:

Not out of the woods yet: 6 ways sequestration will affect 2014 | AL.com

Last edited:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How can this be? Where are all those $$$ we give the Feds every time we fill our tanks?"

Could it be something as simple as the sequestrations? Is this thread a lie by omission? Is Pennywise an ignoramus, is RoadVirus green with envy? Is HenryB a paranoid? Time will tell, in the meantime let's see what 2014 and the tea party has brought us:

Off topic post, nothing in your link about the highway trust fund.

The highway slush fund, I mean the highway trust fund is probably the single largest source for pork barrel projects for the politicians, of course there will never be enough money to satisfy that requirement.

Government agencies have raided the highway fund too many times. The leech drained the host dry.

How exactly could sequestration be the cause when all sequestration did was lower the rate of increase? There was no cut, they just lowered the rate of increase down to 3%.

The highway slush fund, I mean the highway trust fund is probably the single largest source for pork barrel projects for the politicians, of course there will never be enough money to satisfy that requirement.

Why don't you get the hell our of my country? You hate government so much I'm sure you'll be happy somewhere else. You dislike slush funds, how about Abramhoff and his buddy Delay - do you agree delay should be in prison, or are you selective on the slush funds, some you like others you don't?

Why don't you get the hell our of my country? You hate government so much I'm sure you'll be happy somewhere else. You dislike slush funds, how about Abramhoff and his buddy Delay - do you agree delay should be in prison, or are you selective on the slush funds, some you like others you don't?

Once again you can't stay on point, Abramhoff didn't use tax money and the conviction of Delay was overturned, are you going to argue with the courts who are much more familiar with the facts than you.

As for you inviting me to leave, fuck off and die. I spent 26 years in this countries uniform so you can be your piss ant self. I swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, not a government that has zero respect for the limits in that document and I will fight to make them stay withing those limits till they change those limits in a constitutional manner or I die. If you have a problem with that then you're the problem, not me.

How exactly could sequestration be the cause when all sequestration did was lower the rate of increase? There was no cut, they just lowered the rate of increase down to 3%.

"The US DOT FY'15 budget request reflects the comments made by President Obama last week in Minnesota when he outlined his vision for investing in America's infrastructure with a $302B, four-year surface transportation reauthorization proposal. The current MAP-21 authorization expires at the end of FY'14 on September 30, 2014. Without an infusion of new revenues, the Highway Trust Fund cannot support any new highway or transit funding in FY'15. The FY'15 budget request proposes to raise approximately $37.5B per year for four years, totaling $150B, through corporate tax reform. If approved by Congress, that amount would be enough to fill the $63B funding gap in the Trust Fund and support $87B over four years in new funding. Note that the Administration's FY'15 budget request reflects this additional funding even though it appears very unlikely that Congress will pass corporate tax reform this year or even during FY'15."

For more info see:

PB Transportation Update

This is what happens when you slash infrastructure funding to give out free shit. I've been warning you all about this! BUT you republicans think balancing the budget on the backs of hard working Americans is the way to go.

This is why the republicans suck!

Last edited:

Once again you can't stay on point, Abramhoff didn't use tax money and the conviction of Delay was overturned, are you going to argue with the courts who are much more familiar with the facts than you.

As for you inviting me to leave, fuck off and die. I spent 26 years in this countries uniform so you can be your piss ant self. I swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, not a government that has zero respect for the limits in that document and I will fight to make them stay withing those limits till they change those limits in a constitutional manner or I die. If you have a problem with that then you're the problem, not me.

"Fuck off and die"? You piece of shit, you are mindful of all the punks we put in cages during my early career in LE. Well, why not get your six gun and head on to defend that other piece of shit in Nevada, you claim to support the rule of law, but only those laws which you feel are lawful.

Your posts are all negative, you've never posted solution to real issues, but have no problem coming up with 'problems' manufactured in your own mind and that of other paranoids. So fuck off, punk and take your arrogant Texas bullshit somewhere else.

As an aside, the first time I met a number of Texans was at NTCSD Boot camp in 1967; never before and never since have I met any group of people so fucking stupid and so fucking cocky. Several cried the first night and kept some awake until the CC came in, he told them to shut the fuck up after he made all of us drop and give him 20.

"Fuck off and die"? You piece of shit, you are mindful of all the punks we put in cages during my early career in LE. Well, why not get your six gun and head on to defend that other piece of shit in Nevada, you claim to support the rule of law, but only those laws which you feel are lawful.

Your posts are all negative, you've never posted solution to real issues, but have no problem coming up with 'problems' manufactured in your own mind and that of other paranoids. So fuck off, punk and take your arrogant Texas bullshit somewhere else.

As an aside, the first time I met a number of Texans was at NTCSD Boot camp in 1967; never before and never since have I met any group of people so fucking stupid and so fucking cocky. Several cried the first night and kept some awake until the CC came in, he told them to shut the fuck up after he made all of us drop and give him 20.

no dead funky cockroach exercises or bed push ups???

This is what happens when you slash infrastructure funding to give out free shit. I've been warning you all about this! BUT you republicans think balancing the budget on the backs of hard working Americans is the way to go.

This is why the republicans suck!

The point is they didn't. There WAS NO slashing of funds. It's a lie.

Only 3% of Obama's 800 billion dollar stimulus went to infrastructure..imagine that

Why this new found concern, from the Right, about infrastructure? Some of us have been begging for attention to infrastructure, just to have our concerns belittled.

Forum List

Back