🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hijab, symbol of oppression, the symbol of left wing women? Just nuts....

is the symbol of Muslim oppression of women the symbol of left wing women today?

If so...it is just another piece of evidence that left wingers are insane.....

USA Today: Hijab Emerging as 'Symbol of Resistance and Feminism' - Breitbart

The hijab is NOT, as claimed by claimed by Breitbart, a symbol of abuse or opression. It's a head scarf, which some Muslim women choose to wear. In a nation where Muslims are frequently attacked for no reason whatsoever, to wear a hijab is an act of courage.

YOU are the ones making hijab a symbol of oppression.

Your support of Islamic rape culture is disgusting you are an ememy of western civilization.

And yet again.....

Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder.

How can they say that, these people are getting worse, not better. :cuckoo:

What's wrong with asking Muslim women how they feel about wearing a hijab instead of assuming they all see it as oppression? Is that so hard?

Yes let's ask you disgusting supporter of Muslim rape culture:

Just as I thought it's hell, now gfys you fucking pig and enemy of humanity.

Why don't you ask Muslim women what it means to them?

Most of these right wingers have little to no interaction with people who aren't white and Christian. You'd think they get a chance to talk to a Muslim woman?
If she told me she likes or deserved to be beaten I would tell her she is being abused whether she knows it or not. You have no clue whether we are white, red, brown or yellow when posting on this board.

You're right, I don't know what color you right wingers are but it's clear you're close minded. But statically right wingers are white Christians You are associating hijab with domestic abuse which isn't the case. Some absusive men in this country force their wives/girlfriends to dress up all the time. Does that men high heels and short dresses are oppressive?

Many Muslim women choose to wear hijab. In many Muslim countries, some women even face issues with their family if they do wear it.

The hijab isn't associated with "domestic abuse", is associated with the most oppressive and violent ideology on the planet. Muslim women are forced to wear them, because their culture and in most cases state laws demand it. But I suppose the choice of wearing on, or not wearing one and being labeled a whore and stoned to death is a "choice" in your book.

State law only demands the hijab in Saudi and Iran. Majority of Muslim countries has no law about it.

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. They come from different countries and different cultures. In some cultures they wear them and in some places they don't. Like in UAE for example. Women can wear what they want. But many of the local women wear it. In places like Pakistan, many of them don't wear it. In fact some families even frown upon it.

Hijab isn't a black white issue. There are people who do force it. But nowadays many Muslim women choose to wear it. Some Muslim women are part time hijabis where they will wear it sometimes and other times no. I have friends who wear hijab but take it off when they go to go.

I myself don't wear hijab but I'll occasionally wear it to Friday prayers and other religious events. And I have friends who choose to wear it.

And no where in Islam does it say to stone women who don't wear hijab.

And yet again.....

What's wrong with asking Muslim women how they feel about wearing a hijab instead of assuming they all see it as oppression? Is that so hard?

.....we aren't talking muslim women...we are talking left wing, radical femminist women....if Christian women wore the hijab as part of their religion...the left wing women would be going nuts, attacking the "patriarchy" that forced women to do it....and for left wing femminists who freaking burnt their bras as an act of resistance against male oppression....the hijab would be one of the ultimate symbols of oppression...

And yet again.....

That would be like going back forty years ago and asking the chauvinist wife 'what and why' she thought it was perfectly okay for her husband to rule over her like she was merely his personal property. Or why it was okay for men to think that they have and have a right to determine women's issues.

And yet --- here's an OP man who thinks he has a right to determine Muslim women's issues. Go figure.

No...you missed the point...the point isn't muslim women....that is another issue.....the point is that left wing women, who in the 60s burned their bras in defiance of male oppression are now embracing a symbol of the actual second class status of muslim women as their own symbol of resistance....that is insane......

What!!! Lefties finding out the truth....how absurd

Do you know the truth?
Not sure what it actually means to them, but I'm pretty sure I've never met a woman that would put up with it, nor would I want too.

be8ef86055ef573380162c1fc949216a.jpg

How 'bout now?
Our Amish women here don't wear these little hats. I also am well aware of why they wear darker clothing. It has to do with easier long term as stains are as prevalent. They still wash their clothes by hand.

Once again --- I said nothing about "what your Amish women wear" or "darker clothing". Once again, read the post and what it was responding do --- not just the pictures. Maybe even read the thread title.

In retrospect I shoulda used this old favorite:

Pp1REz8.jpg

Left wing women are not dressing like the Amish...are they? And if an Amish girl leaves the community...they don't murder her for it...do they?

Most of these right wingers have little to no interaction with people who aren't white and Christian. You'd think they get a chance to talk to a Muslim woman?

And you have no clue what you are talking about ..........another trait of left wing loons....

That would be like going back forty years ago and asking the chauvinist wife 'what and why' she thought it was perfectly okay for her husband to rule over her like she was merely his personal property. Or why it was okay for men to think that they have and have a right to determine women's issues.

And yet --- here's an OP man who thinks he has a right to determine Muslim women's issues. Go figure.
I am a female and I have spent well over fifty years dealing with chauvinist pricks. I bought my mother-in-law a pickup once. I even made sure it fit within the father-in-laws specifications. He demanded that it be a stick shift so I obliged having no clue the mother-in-law had never driven one. Hell I did not know that she did have a drivers license until she was over sixty. So I went to visit her and asked "How do you like driving your new pickup. Does it drive okay?" That is when she told me that she did not know how to drive a stick shift. I took her out and she learned that afternoon how to drive her pickup. That evening when we got back to their house her husband demanded to know where she had been. Dinner was done and he was pretty rank with her. She told him pretty much something like this, 'I don't want to hear your shit. I recall when I sent you out for pudding one day and didn't see you for three f*cking days'. His jaw dropped and that was that. She was now free to come and go as she pleased without having to beg him or give him some of her hard earned cash so he would drive her even to the store.

I am grateful for everyone that will stand up for liberty and will refuse to accept this crappy religious female hating agenda that you or anyone else believes we should stand still for.

That was the most convoluted complete non sequitur Evah.

Maybe you should have actually read my post.
I read it. Maybe you should quit trying to justify protecting something a sick as Islam.

Once AGAIN --- I haven't even mentioned "Islam". Focus is not your forté is it.

Here's some lighter clothing for ya.

hutterite-girls-via-freeyello.jpg

Are there hundreds of millions of girls like those in your picture worldwide, and are they trying to force their religion on everyone else complete with their own set of laws?

Try again.

I am a female and I have spent well over fifty years dealing with chauvinist pricks. I bought my mother-in-law a pickup once. I even made sure it fit within the father-in-laws specifications. He demanded that it be a stick shift so I obliged having no clue the mother-in-law had never driven one. Hell I did not know that she did have a drivers license until she was over sixty. So I went to visit her and asked "How do you like driving your new pickup. Does it drive okay?" That is when she told me that she did not know how to drive a stick shift. I took her out and she learned that afternoon how to drive her pickup. That evening when we got back to their house her husband demanded to know where she had been. Dinner was done and he was pretty rank with her. She told him pretty much something like this, 'I don't want to hear your shit. I recall when I sent you out for pudding one day and didn't see you for three f*cking days'. His jaw dropped and that was that. She was now free to come and go as she pleased without having to beg him or give him some of her hard earned cash so he would drive her even to the store.

I am grateful for everyone that will stand up for liberty and will refuse to accept this crappy religious female hating agenda that you or anyone else believes we should stand still for.

That was the most convoluted complete non sequitur Evah.

Maybe you should have actually read my post.
I read it. Maybe you should quit trying to justify protecting something a sick as Islam.

Once AGAIN --- I haven't even mentioned "Islam". Focus is not your forté is it.

Here's some lighter clothing for ya.

hutterite-girls-via-freeyello.jpg

Are there hundreds of millions of girls like those in your picture worldwide, and are they trying to force their religion on everyone else complete with their own set of laws?

Try again.

Nope. There are perhaps hundreds of thousands but that's about it. If these girls are Hutterites as the photo source claims there are fewer than that but I don't think they're Hutterites.

But they're wearing headscarves aren't they.

Now read the thread title.

"Try again"? Why? I made the point successfully every time. But if you insist here's some Mokshas...

Moksha_girls.jpg

And no, I really don't know how many Mokshas there are, nor am I going to start a thread declaring their attire is a "symbol of oppression" on the basis that I read some scary web page about Duh Eebil Mokshas and simply swallowed it whole with no critical thought whatsoever as to whether it's a valid logical point. No can do.

You cannot simultaneously call yourself a feminist, while you cover your head.

4C4596C6-4555-496F-BD8D-1A8379F0EB4D_w650_r0_s.jpg

This thread belongs in the Low Hanging Fruit forum. :rolleyes:

Looks like Bella Abzug. You probably have a poster of her on your bedroom wall.
Anyway, you know I'm talking about the hijab so cut your bullshit.

That's Betty Friedan. Bella Abzug was certainly known for hats but since you said "feminist" I went right to the original. And you said nothing of "hijab", you said a "feminist can't cover her head".

Whelp -- lesson for today: a feminist or any independent woman can do what the hell she wants and you don't get to dictate rules on what she can wear. Write that down so you don't forget.

And yet again.....

Yes let's ask you disgusting supporter of Muslim rape culture:

Just as I thought it's hell, now gfys you fucking pig and enemy of humanity.

More evidence, as if we needed more, that hair-on-fire partisan hack Gellerheads can only argue from emotion and ad hominem. And in other news water is wet. Who knew.

Do you know the truth?
Not sure what it actually means to them, but I'm pretty sure I've never met a woman that would put up with it, nor would I want too.

How 'bout now?
Our Amish women here don't wear these little hats. I also am well aware of why they wear darker clothing. It has to do with easier long term as stains are as prevalent. They still wash their clothes by hand.

Once again --- I said nothing about "what your Amish women wear" or "darker clothing". Once again, read the post and what it was responding do --- not just the pictures. Maybe even read the thread title.

In retrospect I shoulda used this old favorite:

Pp1REz8.jpg

Pp1REz8.jpg

Left wing women are not dressing like the Amish...are they? And if an Amish girl leaves the community...they don't murder her for it...do they?

I wouldn't say "left wing women are dressing like" anything -- that's a blanket generalization fallacy and I'm not that stupid. Your mileage of course may vary.

But again ---- they're all wearing headscarves, Da EEBIL "symbol of oppression" --- are they not?

Hey ------------ your logic. Own it.

If she told me she likes or deserved to be beaten I would tell her she is being abused whether she knows it or not. You have no clue whether we are white, red, brown or yellow when posting on this board.

You're right, I don't know what color you right wingers are but it's clear you're close minded. But statically right wingers are white Christians You are associating hijab with domestic abuse which isn't the case. Some absusive men in this country force their wives/girlfriends to dress up all the time. Does that men high heels and short dresses are oppressive?

Many Muslim women choose to wear hijab. In many Muslim countries, some women even face issues with their family if they do wear it.

The hijab isn't associated with "domestic abuse", is associated with the most oppressive and violent ideology on the planet. Muslim women are forced to wear them, because their culture and in most cases state laws demand it. But I suppose the choice of wearing on, or not wearing one and being labeled a whore and stoned to death is a "choice" in your book.

State law only demands the hijab in Saudi and Iran. Majority of Muslim countries has no law about it.

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. They come from different countries and different cultures. In some cultures they wear them and in some places they don't. Like in UAE for example. Women can wear what they want. But many of the local women wear it. In places like Pakistan, many of them don't wear it. In fact some families even frown upon it.

Hijab isn't a black white issue. There are people who do force it. But nowadays many Muslim women choose to wear it. Some Muslim women are part time hijabis where they will wear it sometimes and other times no. I have friends who wear hijab but take it off when they go to go.

I myself don't wear hijab but I'll occasionally wear it to Friday prayers and other religious events. And I have friends who choose to wear it.

And no where in Islam does it say to stone women who don't wear hijab.

Matter o' fact the Catholic church demanded women cover their heads in church until ....

.... wait for it.......

..... 1983.

And yet again.....

No...you missed the point...the point isn't muslim women....that is another issue.....the point is that left wing women, who in the 60s burned their bras in defiance of male oppression are now embracing a symbol of the actual second class status of muslim women as their own symbol of resistance....that is insane......

Are they now.

----------- Linkie?

And yet again.....

.....we aren't talking muslim women...we are talking left wing, radical femminist women....if Christian women wore the hijab as part of their religion...the left wing women would be going nuts, attacking the "patriarchy" that forced women to do it....and for left wing femminists who freaking burnt their bras as an act of resistance against male oppression....the hijab would be one of the ultimate symbols of oppression...

---- says the housebound wag who dresses in a 1966 TV science fiction suit..... :rofl:

Do you know the truth?

How 'bout now?

No no no... are you sure they aren't mennonites? They are a little more relaxed than the Amish. There differences in cultures from one group to another, but basic dress codes are never ignored. Amish girls andwomen never vut their hair or go about without their prayer caps.
The colors aren't dark because stains don't show. It's part of their belief system, their religion and pride in being 'plain'

Yup, same with the Hutterites -- actually they (Hutterites) generally wear darker clothing the older they get... the kids wear bright colours.

41c4760f0a66da321a3698906f92bffb.jpg
4020656178_05b55d3283_z.jpg

I might add, since it doesn't show in pictures --- to the extent one can generalize about a specific culture, as a group Hutterite women are probably the most self-confident sefl-assured people I've ever met. I've spent considerable time among them. And they all wear headscarves.

You people would argue with a stump about the price of fleas, wouldn't ya?

Forum List

Back