🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hijab, symbol of oppression, the symbol of left wing women? Just nuts....

What's wrong with asking Muslim women how they feel about wearing a hijab instead of assuming they all see it as oppression? Is that so hard?
That would be like going back forty years ago and asking the chauvinist wife 'what and why' she thought it was perfectly okay for her husband to rule over her like she was merely his personal property. Or why it was okay for men to think that they have and have a right to determine women's issues.

And yet --- here's an OP man who thinks he has a right to determine Muslim women's issues. Go figure.
I am a female and I have spent well over fifty years dealing with chauvinist pricks. I bought my mother-in-law a pickup once. I even made sure it fit within the father-in-laws specifications. He demanded that it be a stick shift so I obliged having no clue the mother-in-law had never driven one. Hell I did not know that she did have a drivers license until she was over sixty. So I went to visit her and asked "How do you like driving your new pickup. Does it drive okay?" That is when she told me that she did not know how to drive a stick shift. I took her out and she learned that afternoon how to drive her pickup. That evening when we got back to their house her husband demanded to know where she had been. Dinner was done and he was pretty rank with her. She told him pretty much something like this, 'I don't want to hear your shit. I recall when I sent you out for pudding one day and didn't see you for three f*cking days'. His jaw dropped and that was that. She was now free to come and go as she pleased without having to beg him or give him some of her hard earned cash so he would drive her even to the store.

I am grateful for everyone that will stand up for liberty and will refuse to accept this crappy religious female hating agenda that you or anyone else believes we should stand still for.

That was the most convoluted complete non sequitur Evah.

Maybe you should have actually read my post.
I read it. Maybe you should quit trying to justify protecting something a sick as Islam.

Once AGAIN --- I haven't even mentioned "Islam". Focus is not your forté is it.

Here's some lighter clothing for ya.

hutterite-girls-via-freeyello.jpg

Islamic State stones five women to death for not wearing the veil

In Egypt CHRISTIAN children are being deprived of their education and being ousted from schools for refusing to wear a hijab, it has been revealed.

Somali woman killed for not wearing veil
Here, then, are the stories of three young women who were compelled to wear headscarves, which became a form of punishment, leading to them rebelling against their families and society, subsequently choosing to discard those scarves completely.
A 10-year-old child who rebelled early, having been forced to wear the veil since the age of 8. But her age was not a saving grace, for she was beaten and compelled to wear it again.

In Turkey mandatory head scarfs

Why don't you ask Muslim women what it means to them?

Most of these right wingers have little to no interaction with people who aren't white and Christian. You'd think they get a chance to talk to a Muslim woman?

What!!! Lefties finding out the truth....how absurd

Do you know the truth?
Not sure what it actually means to them, but I'm pretty sure I've never met a woman that would put up with it, nor would I want too.

be8ef86055ef573380162c1fc949216a.jpg

How 'bout now?
Our Amish women here don't wear these little hats. I also am well aware of why they wear darker clothing. It has to do with easier long term as stains are as prevalent. They still wash their clothes by hand.[/QUOTE]

No no no... are you sure they aren't mennonites? They are a little more relaxed than the Amish. There differences in cultures from one group to another, but basic dress codes are never ignored. Amish girls andwomen never vut their hair or go about without their prayer caps.
The colors aren't dark because stains don't show. It's part of their belief system, their religion and pride in being 'plain'

Last edited:

Most of these right wingers have little to no interaction with people who aren't white and Christian. You'd think they get a chance to talk to a Muslim woman?
If she told me she likes or deserved to be beaten I would tell her she is being abused whether she knows it or not. You have no clue whether we are white, red, brown or yellow when posting on this board.

There are many reasons Muslim women still wear them in the U.S. and Europe, and some Hindu women as well

Abuse of U.S. Muslim Women Is Greater Than Reported, Advocacy Groups Say

Worst Anti-Muslim Hate Crime in America Was Committed By Muslim

The Death of a Muslim Woman: "The Whore Lived Like a German" - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

... and many many more such news stories. You will probably also find some Imams and Islamists behind the current propaganda campaign to lie about the reality as well, trying to paint it all as 'voluntary n stuff'. Terrorist front groups like CAIR and the American Muslim Council are favorite pets of Democrats and the media that works for them, and for the same reasons they deliberately never report anything negative about pedo-friendly homosexuals or hood rat vermin and criminal illegal aliens all you're going to get is Xian bashing gibberish and lots of warm and fuzzy 'human interest stories' about the pet demographics. Even if the women manage to escape being murdered the Islamists will just kidnap the children and run back to Islamo-Land and they will never see their children again, thanks to the establishment's lack of interest in angering their 'globalist' friends.

In Egypt CHRISTIAN children are being deprived of their education and being ousted from schools for refusing to wear a hijab, it has been revealed.

Here, then, are the stories of three young women who were compelled to wear headscarves, which became a form of punishment, leading to them rebelling against their families and society, subsequently choosing to discard those scarves completely.
A 10-year-old child who rebelled early, having been forced to wear the veil since the age of 8. But her age was not a saving grace, for she was beaten and compelled to wear it again.

Having actually been to those countries (except Somalia) that's a load of crap. Maybe in some small rural town in those counties you'll find small minded individuals but in most parts of Turkey and Egypt it's pretty open. Most Turkish women don't even wear hijab. And for a long time Turkey has banned hijabi women from public universities and other public sector jobs. Only recently did they allow women to wear hijab.

I've actually lived in Egypt before and Coptic christians are quite integrated in the country. You have a few loons who want to stir up trouble, but for the most part Coptic christians are integrated in society.
And again, hijab isn't worn but many Egypt women. In many areas hijab is even discouraged in Egypt.

Do you know the truth?
Not sure what it actually means to them, but I'm pretty sure I've never met a woman that would put up with it, nor would I want too.

How 'bout now?
Our Amish women here don't wear these little hats. I also am well aware of why they wear darker clothing. It has to do with easier long term as stains are as prevalent. They still wash their clothes by hand.

No no no... are you sure they aren't mennonites[/QUOTE]
We have those here too and most don't wear the little hats. I could understand wearing something when outside just to keep the hair from getting tangle or the extra dirt out of the hair. I wear a scarf for that reason at times but it is not mandatory.

If she told me she likes or deserved to be beaten I would tell her she is being abused whether she knows it or not. You have no clue whether we are white, red, brown or yellow when posting on this board.

You're right, I don't know what color you right wingers are but it's clear you're close minded. But statically right wingers are white Christians You are associating hijab with domestic abuse which isn't the case. Some absusive men in this country force their wives/girlfriends to dress up all the time. Does that men high heels and short dresses are oppressive?

Many Muslim women choose to wear hijab. In many Muslim countries, some women even face issues with their family if they do wear it.

Having actually been to those countries (except Somalia) that's a load of crap. Maybe in some small rural town in those counties you'll find small minded individuals but in most parts of Turkey and Egypt it's pretty open. Most Turkish women don't even wear hijab. And for a long time Turkey has banned hijabi women from public universities and other public sector jobs. Only recently did they allow women to wear hijab.

I've actually lived in Egypt before and Coptic christians are quite integrated in the country. You have a few loons who want to stir up trouble, but for the most part Coptic christians are integrated in society.
And again, hijab isn't worn but many Egypt women. In many areas hijab is even discouraged in Egypt.
Sorry I am not buying into any of it at this point for any reason. You are welcome to read through some of what I have already posted and I didn't get my information from just one two three four, five, nine or ten sources. I also took the time to read the Quran and many of the little bs rules in it for infidels and women. Hundreds of Islamic websites and writings that were posted recently. The gig is up and I won't back down for anyone to push this agenda in the country where my children and grandchildren and great grand children are. You want sharia and to be oppress move to an Islamic country that will provide that lawful oppression for you.

You cannot simultaneously call yourself a feminist, while you cover your head.

According to who? Part of feminism is wearing what you want without people telling you otherwise. Telling a woman she can't cover her hair is the same as telling a woman she should.

lol horseshit; Coptics are favorite targets for beatings, robberies, and murder by your lovely tolerant Islamo-vermin.

You cannot simultaneously call yourself a feminist, while you cover your head.

According to who? Part of feminism is wearing what you want without people telling you otherwise. Telling a woman she can't cover her hair is the same as telling a woman she should.
You want to cover your hair fine but don't try to make a law that anyone has to accept it as normal as it is no more normal than a woman or a man walking around in the nude in public.

I'm not sure anyone is justifying a protection of Islam when they don't get a rash about scarf wearing.
I've no doubt that some Muslim women do not wish to west the traditional garb and would like to wear something more western. But there are also a lot that wear the scarf for reasons other than oppression.To western eyes they are a symbol of oppression and evil but for some it's a deeply personal matter between them and their religion and beliefs.
Why western women would like to adopt the scarf wearing is beyond me unless it's one more moronic show of solidarity with a people they really know nothing about

Do you know the truth?

How 'bout now?
Our Amish women here don't wear these little hats. I also am well aware of why they wear darker clothing. It has to do with easier long term as stains are as prevalent. They still wash their clothes by hand.

No no no... are you sure they aren't mennonites? They are a little more relaxed than the Amish. There differences in cultures from one group to another, but basic dress codes are never ignored. Amish girls andwomen never vut their hair or go about without their prayer caps.
The colors aren't dark because stains don't show. It's part of their belief system, their religion and pride in being 'plain'

Yup, same with the Hutterites -- actually they (Hutterites) generally wear darker clothing the older they get... the kids wear bright colours.

41c4760f0a66da321a3698906f92bffb.jpg
4020656178_05b55d3283_z.jpg

Nia8true at st: 16905744 said:

That's not true at all

My religion says I can't cover my belly button so we can just say this is a part of my religious garb under the newly propose "religious garb laws" of Illinois and I'll sue if I can't wear this to work in.

My Swahilli religious garb.jpg

The UN of course doesn't consider Christians to be real refugees, and of course the international media avoids covering that.

Coptic refugees - Bing

Egypt's Coptics are facing what Jews in in 1930's Germany faced, and this is the case in most of Islmao-Land, from North Africa to Pakistain to Indonesia. naturally the faux 'left' is enthusiastic about this and wants to ramp it up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back