🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hijab, symbol of oppression, the symbol of left wing women? Just nuts....

is the symbol of Muslim oppression of women the symbol of left wing women today?

If so...it is just another piece of evidence that left wingers are insane.....

USA Today: Hijab Emerging as 'Symbol of Resistance and Feminism' - Breitbart

Asra Nomani: Wearing the Hijab Perpetuates Oppression

As mainstream Muslim women, we see the girl’s headscarf not as a signal of “choice,” but as a symbol of a dangerous purity culture, obsessed with honor and virginity, that has divided Muslim communities.
The clash of values emerged this past New Year’s Eve on the streets of Cologne, Germany, when dozens of marauding young men, many of them described as coming from Muslim communities in North Africa and the Middle East, sexually assaulted scores of young women, setting off a scandal in Germany.

is the symbol of Muslim oppression of women the symbol of left wing women today?

Asra Nomani: Wearing the Hijab Perpetuates Oppression

As mainstream Muslim women, we see the girl’s headscarf not as a signal of “choice,” but as a symbol of a dangerous purity culture, obsessed with honor and virginity, that has divided Muslim communities.
The clash of values emerged this past New Year’s Eve on the streets of Cologne, Germany, when dozens of marauding young men, many of them described as coming from Muslim communities in North Africa and the Middle East, sexually assaulted scores of young women, setting off a scandal in Germany.

:rofl: the OP clicks a "thank you" on this post --- because he doesn't notice the crucial term: "purity culture".

Abandon thread! :lmao:

And yet --- here's an OP man who thinks he has a right to determine Muslim women's issues. Go figure.

According to Liberal bully-boys like Pogo here, people are to be silenced if their opinions differ from the Liberal party line.

be8ef86055ef573380162c1fc949216a.jpg

How 'bout now?

The Amish is another cult oppressing women. It's just that they're not strapping bombs to themselves and blowing Americans to tiny bits.

What!!! Lefties finding out the truth....how absurd

Do you know the truth?
Not sure what it actually means to them, but I'm pretty sure I've never met a woman that would put up with it, nor would I want too.

How 'bout now?
Our Amish women here don't wear these little hats. I also am well aware of why they wear darker clothing. It has to do with easier long term as stains are as prevalent. They still wash their clothes by hand.

Once again --- I said nothing about "what your Amish women wear" or "darker clothing". Once again, read the post and what it was responding do --- not just the pictures. Maybe even read the thread title.

In retrospect I shoulda used this old favorite:

Pp1REz8.jpg

Amish women are shunned if they freely choose to leave the Amish cult.

I am a female and I have spent well over fifty years dealing with chauvinist pricks. I bought my mother-in-law a pickup once. I even made sure it fit within the father-in-laws specifications. He demanded that it be a stick shift so I obliged having no clue the mother-in-law had never driven one. Hell I did not know that she did have a drivers license until she was over sixty. So I went to visit her and asked "How do you like driving your new pickup. Does it drive okay?" That is when she told me that she did not know how to drive a stick shift. I took her out and she learned that afternoon how to drive her pickup. That evening when we got back to their house her husband demanded to know where she had been. Dinner was done and he was pretty rank with her. She told him pretty much something like this, 'I don't want to hear your shit. I recall when I sent you out for pudding one day and didn't see you for three f*cking days'. His jaw dropped and that was that. She was now free to come and go as she pleased without having to beg him or give him some of her hard earned cash so he would drive her even to the store.

I am grateful for everyone that will stand up for liberty and will refuse to accept this crappy religious female hating agenda that you or anyone else believes we should stand still for.

That was the most convoluted complete non sequitur Evah.

Maybe you should have actually read my post.
I read it. Maybe you should quit trying to justify protecting something a sick as Islam.

Once AGAIN --- I haven't even mentioned "Islam". Focus is not your forté is it.

Here's some lighter clothing for ya.

hutterite-girls-via-freeyello.jpg

Are there hundreds of millions of girls like those in your picture worldwide, and are they trying to force their religion on everyone else complete with their own set of laws?

Try again.

Nope. There are perhaps hundreds of thousands but that's about it. If these girls are Hutterites as the photo source claims there are fewer than that but I don't think they're Hutterites.

But they're wearing headscarves aren't they.

Now read the thread title.

"Try again"? Why? I made the point successfully every time. But if you insist here's some Mokshas...

Moksha_girls.jpg

And no, I really don't know how many Mokshas there are, nor am I going to start a thread declaring their attire is a "symbol of oppression" on the basis that I read some scary web page about Duh Eebil Mokshas and simply swallowed it whole with no critical thought whatsoever as to whether it's a valid logical point. No can do.

If these girls are forced to wear head scarves (facing punishment if they don't) then this too is oppression. You just don't get it, do you.

Do you know the truth?
Not sure what it actually means to them, but I'm pretty sure I've never met a woman that would put up with it, nor would I want too.

How 'bout now?
Our Amish women here don't wear these little hats. I also am well aware of why they wear darker clothing. It has to do with easier long term as stains are as prevalent. They still wash their clothes by hand.

No no no... are you sure they aren't mennonites? They are a little more relaxed than the Amish. There differences in cultures from one group to another, but basic dress codes are never ignored. Amish girls andwomen never vut their hair or go about without their prayer caps.
The colors aren't dark because stains don't show. It's part of their belief system, their religion and pride in being 'plain'

Yup, same with the Hutterites -- actually they (Hutterites) generally wear darker clothing the older they get... the kids wear bright colours.

41c4760f0a66da321a3698906f92bffb.jpg
4020656178_05b55d3283_z.jpg

This probably falls into the category of oranges and pine cones.

Yeah that's cool. Was she forced to uncover like that, and threatened by her husband?

Whelp, if I were to speculate on that I'd be as bad as the OP, pulling it out of my ass. I wooden know what their husbands (that's two different women, sharp eyes) said or did, or if they even had husbands. Those are the beach police enforcing laws about how high a bathing suit could end above the knee.

Here's a couple of women being arrested by them:

http%3A%2F%2Fa.amz.mshcdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F05%2FBathe-4.jpg

Here's a whole page on it. Knock yourself out, start a thread on "bathing suit police, symbol of oppression".
Course, that will require emerging from the dank cellar of xenophobia. You up for it?

I doubt it.

Yeah 90 years ago.
Problem is, in many of your beloved Islamic countries, there's no sign they'll be ending their mistreatment of women any time soon.
You probably would have loved to been able legally slap your wife and daughter around, instead all's you can do is be jealous of what goes on in their culture.

"They" huh.

Why don't you define "they" for the class. Aye, there's the rub.

I neither have any "beloved Islamic countries" nor do I claim to pronounce "what goes on in their culture" --- which is two different things btw, a distinction that no doubt also sails over your hood.

And I especially wouldn't do that based on some hate blog I found on the internets.

I have never physically abused any woman anywhere ever. But I guess it's good you have a fantasy life, since you clearly have nothing else.

Fuck you Pogo, your daily dose of liberal nonsense does nothing but clutter the board with useless arguments. Maybe you should think about slinking back to the DimocratUnderbelly.

Here, i'll make it easy for you, you're just a click away. Democratic Underground

Yeah I figgered you'd whiff on that one. Yer out.

Your consolation prize ---

0708719d6fe2fb9063e66f3b24f5087c.jpg

You'll need less of this stuff by not traipsing in on logical fallacies in the first place.

It's just like your bullshit comparison the other day with terrorist attacks in the UK with past attacks by the IRA.
Just absolute lunacy.

upload_2017-3-29_10-30-28.png

Astonishing in the promotion of the hijab – from the above-mentioned children’s books to CoverGirl – is the absence of any discussion of its origin, purpose and the oppression of women associated with in in Muslim-majority societies.

Normalizing the Hijab

And yet again.....

Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder.

How can they say that, these people are getting worse, not better. :cuckoo:

What's wrong with asking Muslim women how they feel about wearing a hijab instead of assuming they all see it as oppression? Is that so hard?

Yes let's ask you disgusting supporter of Muslim rape culture:

Just as I thought it's hell, now gfys you fucking pig and enemy of humanity.

I had no idea asking a Muslim woman how she feels about hijabs would cause you so much trauma. Hopefully, you are feeling better now :)

Do you know the truth?

How 'bout now?

Once again --- I said nothing about "what your Amish women wear" or "darker clothing". Once again, read the post and what it was responding do --- not just the pictures. Maybe even read the thread title.

In retrospect I shoulda used this old favorite:

Pp1REz8.jpg

Amish women are shunned if they freely choose to leave the Amish cult.

All Amish who choose to abandon their faith are shunned... men too. Again, there are differences in communities and this isn't always true.

Criminy people. It's a fuckin scarf. I have my hair back in a bandana right now. No one I know would have a problem with it even if I were Muslim instead of white.
I haven't known a ton of Muslim women, but the ones I do know are as individual as fingerprints. A couple wear the scarfs a couple don't and the other wears one sometimes
Don't misunderstand me... of course I am NOT a protector or sympathizer for the terror groups or anything like that.
I just think it's none of my gawddam business what they choose to put over their head. Y'all wouldn't like it if anyone told you they disapprove of what you're wearing for such and such a reason.
Different cultures, different countries, different beliefs...

And yet again.....

What's wrong with asking Muslim women how they feel about wearing a hijab instead of assuming they all see it as oppression? Is that so hard?

I had no idea asking a Muslim woman how she feels about hijabs would cause you so much trauma. Hopefully, you are feeling better now :)

Your support of Islamic patriarchal rape culture and female oppression is duly noted do you like the woman's march leader Linda Sarsour, also, support Sharia law and the Wahhabist death cult of the House of Saud because they caused her serious trauma when they stole her child for leaving their disgusting subhuman cult of female oppression you fucking scum bag.

Criminy people. It's a fuckin scarf. I have my hair back in a bandana right now. No one I know would have a problem with it even if I were Muslim instead of white.
I haven't known a ton of Muslim women, but the ones I do know are as individual as fingerprints. A couple wear the scarfs a couple don't and the other wears one sometimes
Don't misunderstand me... of course I am NOT a protector or sympathizer for the terror groups or anything like that.
I just think it's none of my gawddam business what they choose to put over their head. Y'all wouldn't like it if anyone told you they disapprove of what you're wearing for such and such a reason.
Different cultures, different countries, different beliefs...

There have been studies one by Baroness Cox of the UK that Muslim women even in the west have no choice but to conform to these misogynistic practices under the threat of violence, death, and being ostracized by their families and communities.

Bow Group Report: "A Parallel World - confronting the abuse of Muslim women in Britain" | The Bow Group

Your assertion that the systematic oppression of women under Islam is none of your business makes you part of the problem.

I was just at Wal Mart. It seems that several of the female "associates" were wearing them.

I have no idea what it means nor do I care

View attachment 119219

Astonishing in the promotion of the hijab – from the above-mentioned children’s books to CoverGirl – is the absence of any discussion of its origin, purpose and the oppression of women associated with in in Muslim-majority societies.

Normalizing the Hijab

What the heck is wrong with it? Don't women have the right to choose? Are you going to condemn orthodox Jews who cover their hair? How about conservative Christian and Jewish women who CHOOSE to dress modestly? Is that insanity and a symbol of oppression?

1994485516-Modesty2.jpg

565ba11b651b0f793edc3d2c5d585ae7.jpg

The only REAL oppression is when you remove CHOICE from a woman.

And yet again.....

Your support of Islamic patriarchal rape culture and female oppression is duly noted do you like the woman's march leader Linda Sarsour, also, support Sharia law and the Wahhabist death cult of the House of Saud because they caused her serious trauma when they stole her child for leaving their disgusting subhuman cult of female oppression you fucking scum bag.

Don't be such an idiot.

I don't support any "patriarchal" cultures or any of those bullshit lies you are spewing (in fact, I'd say LINK to anywhere I support it but I know you can't and won't). I support knowledge and freedom of choice. You on the other hand want to remove all choice from women by insisting she can't freely choose to dress as she feels fit.

And yet again.....

Don't be such an idiot.

I don't support any "patriarchal" cultures or any of those bullshit lies you are spewing (in fact, I'd say LINK to anywhere I support it but I know you can't and won't). I support knowledge and freedom of choice. You on the other hand want to remove all choice from women by insisting she can't freely choose to dress as she feels fit.

You support Hijab and deny Muslim women are oppressed you are a fucking pig. The Hijab is not voluntary it is obligatory just like the sharia council of the UK whose President says that rape should be legal and whose member of the board of governors says husbands should be able to beat their wives, women are being forced to abide by these disgusting practives under the threat of violence, death, and being ostracized from their families and communities.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back