Hillary wins the popular vote

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

2016 Presidential Election Live Results

Democrats have now won the popular vote in six of the last seven presidential elections.

Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States. But it’s nearly certain that Hillary Clinton got more votes.

That will mean that for the second time in 16 years, Democrats will have lost the White House despite winning the popular vote.

With votes still trickling in, Clinton held about a 200,000-vote edge in the popular contest, even as Trump appeared headed for a stronger Electoral College win than George W. Bush secured in his first election ― when he lost the popular vote by 500,000 ballots.

How could that happen? The short answer is key Democratic voters didn’t bother to go vote, while white Republican voters in rural areas of swing states did.

Democrats Likely To Win Popular Vote And Lose Presidency For Second Time In Less Than 20 Years

In other word - most American voters wanted Hillary for president.
All the votes haven't been counted yet. It could be as high as one and a half million.

Cool, that will mean absolutely nothing.

And they're mainly clustered in a few small areas. Like I said, if the rules were changed, the strategies would also change.

however it remains true that the majority of Americans voted for Hillary Clinton

CNN NUMBERS AS OF 11/13/16: 2016 election results: State maps, live updates

2e95ce80-trump-1x1.jpg
Trump
Electoral Vote :290
Popular Vote: 60,350,241

306a6770-clinton-1x1.jpg

Clinton Electoral Vote: 232

Popular Vote: 60,981,118
Incorrect. 60 million is not the majority of Americans. Don't you find it interesting that less than 30% of eligible voters elected our president? And she still lost. Just think, if only she could have generated more enthusiasm.

Not much of victory is it? I mean she still gets to sit home. Sort of like a football game, you win the yardage battle but lose the game. Oh well, that is life.
That does not change the fact that "we the people" preferred Hillary ...yes I know we use the EC / EV system ...
Sure, "we the people" in dense urban centers. In the states, where it counted, not so much.

At least 10% of Hillary's votes were cast by illegals and the non-living
You have to be a tard to believe such nonsense. You can't win by adding the dead. Voter suppression works way better.
Like getting rid of 8 hundred voting places from black communities and telling them to go into white communities to vote.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

Democrats have now won the popular vote in six of the last seven presidential elections.

Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States. But it’s nearly certain that Hillary Clinton got more votes.

That will mean that for the second time in 16 years, Democrats will have lost the White House despite winning the popular vote.

With votes still trickling in, Clinton held about a 200,000-vote edge in the popular contest, even as Trump appeared headed for a stronger Electoral College win than George W. Bush secured in his first election ― when he lost the popular vote by 500,000 ballots.

How could that happen? The short answer is key Democratic voters didn’t bother to go vote, while white Republican voters in rural areas of swing states did.

Democrats Likely To Win Popular Vote And Lose Presidency For Second Time In Less Than 20 Years

All the votes haven't been counted yet. It could be as high as one and a half million.
Cool. Cling to it.

And they're mainly clustered in a few small areas. Like I said, if the rules were changed, the strategies would also change.

however it remains true that the majority of Americans voted for Hillary Clinton

2e95ce80-trump-1x1.jpg
Trump

306a6770-clinton-1x1.jpg

Incorrect. 60 million is not the majority of Americans. Don't you find it interesting that less than 30% of eligible voters elected our president? And she still lost. Just think, if only she could have generated more enthusiasm.

She generated 6 million votes LESS than Obama. If only she had been more inspiring and likable.

2e95ce80-trump-1x1.jpg
Trump

306a6770-clinton-1x1.jpg

She generated 6 million votes LESS than Obama. If only she had been more inspiring and likable.
Exactly. This harping on "she won the popular vote" is meaningless, and only valuable as a self-help exercise.

Donald Trump won the election because he wanted the Presidency more than Hillary Clinton did. He worked hard for it, and he earned it.

Clinton did win the popular vote, and so here is a delicious bit of irony for you:

oixhlx.jpg

And thanks to the Founders' brilliance, the big cities didn't get to tell everybody else who was going to president. Without the Electoral College, we'd have been destroyed by the Gore-Clinton cabal....you should thank your lucky stars for the Founder's wisdom.
Yeah. Instead, we were blessed with the Bush / Cheney disaster that we are still trying to recover from.
Your boy had 8 years to fix that, but it's still Bush's fault?
A disaster of that magnitude may take decades to recover from. Especially when every effort to get something done is blocked, opposed, and filibustered. But now Trump and the republicans own everything, so all the blame can be laid at their feet when nothing gets fixed.
Suppose it's fixed in 2 years. THEN will you criticize barack obama for his inability to "fix" it? What would it take for you to admit that obama was a disaster?
Two years? You must be swimming in the kool-aide. Republicans have been blocking every attempt to address problems for the past six years. I expect that Democrats will now become the party of obstruction unless they are more pragmatic than the republicans were and can find areas of agreement. I really think that you are about to see how hard it is to get anything done in the face of opposition. Unless of course, the republicans decide to do away with the filibuster and then force everything through. Then they can have the fascist dictatorship they so desire.
"Unless of course, the republicans decide to do away with the filibuster and then force everything through."

You mean like the way Democrats passed ACA? THAT shit is going to come back and bite your silly asses.

Yeah. Instead, we were blessed with the Bush / Cheney disaster that we are still trying to recover from.
A disaster of that magnitude may take decades to recover from. Especially when every effort to get something done is blocked, opposed, and filibustered. But now Trump and the republicans own everything, so all the blame can be laid at their feet when nothing gets fixed.
Suppose it's fixed in 2 years. THEN will you criticize barack obama for his inability to "fix" it? What would it take for you to admit that obama was a disaster?
Two years? You must be swimming in the kool-aide. Republicans have been blocking every attempt to address problems for the past six years. I expect that Democrats will now become the party of obstruction unless they are more pragmatic than the republicans were and can find areas of agreement. I really think that you are about to see how hard it is to get anything done in the face of opposition. Unless of course, the republicans decide to do away with the filibuster and then force everything through. Then they can have the fascist dictatorship they so desire.
"Unless of course, the republicans decide to do away with the filibuster and then force everything through."

You mean like the way Democrats passed ACA? THAT shit is going to come back and bite your silly asses.

I thought 60 Democrats passed the ACA.

Well, technically, you are correct, but the ACA left out a couple of provisions that Democrats knew would sink the ship, so a week later they pushed through the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (56-43) with the Budget Reconciliation Rule.

Jamison Foser ‏@jamisonfoser 19h19 hours ago

Hey @Google fix your mess.

CxKHzYrUsAAVKRB.jpg

0 replies 233 retweets 194 likes

Jamison Foser ‏@jamisonfoser
There is an intentional effort underway to convince people — Trump supporters at least — that Trump won the popular vote. This is dangerous.

As dangerous as petitions to the Electoral College to change their votes to which that are obligated? As dangerous as rioting and beating people up because of who they voted for?

What is dangerous are the unhinged left wing nut jobs.

Claiming Clinton won the popular vote is now over 2 million according to some of the leftwing idiots on this board. It is only 600000 votes.

But that is okay for you, because it fits your agenda.
With over 5 million votes left to count, most all from heavily Democratic states, what do you think the final tally will be?
I expect it to be totally irrelevant.

Donald Trump won the election because he wanted the Presidency more than Hillary Clinton did. He worked hard for it, and he earned it.

Clinton did win the popular vote, and so here is a delicious bit of irony for you:

oixhlx.jpg
And he won under a system he didn't much like. Cool :banana:
Trump said the electoral college is a disaster, and today a lot of Democrats are in total agreement. :lol:

Well, technically, you are correct, but the ACA left out a couple of provisions that Democrats knew would sink the ship, so a week later they pushed through the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (56-43) with the Budget Reconciliation Rule.

Technically correct? Actually, I'm just plain correct. Why didn't any Republicans participate in the ACA to help make it better?

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

First, STATES vote for President, not individuals. So, the people of more States voted for Trump. Second, your information is old. The most current count I have seen was Trump 62,972,226 while Clinton had 62,277,750.

In the electoral college, Trump has 306 while Clinto has 232

Technically correct? Actually, I'm just plain correct. Why didn't any Republicans participate in the ACA to help make it better?
Because republicans knew it was a failed bill from the get go.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

You realize that the margin you're excited about is LESS than the number of votes that Gary Johnson got in some states. It's not really a convincing "win".. Especially when you look at the electoral results.. Just means California is too far gone..

It means Hillary got more popular votes. That's what it means...

No, that means you didn't wait for all votes to be counted before you made that post OR you merely used old numbers because they fit your narrative better.

Fear not, the Republicrats are about to "participate in the ACA to help make it better", just took them a while.

"I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace" -- Donald Trump

Forum List

Back