Hillary wins the popular vote

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

2016 Presidential Election Live Results

In other word - most American voters wanted Hillary for president.

You realize that the margin you're excited about is LESS than the number of votes that Gary Johnson got in some states. It's not really a convincing "win".. Especially when you look at the electoral results.. Just means California is too far gone..

And you cannot compare it to an election where the popular vote was the decider, because some people in some States just don't vote due to the feeling of fait accompli. Now I don't know how much that impacts each side, but it needs to be considered in any comparison.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

You realize that the margin you're excited about is LESS than the number of votes that Gary Johnson got in some states. It's not really a convincing "win".. Especially when you look at the electoral results.. Just means California is too far gone..
had Gary Johnson not been on state ballots the point of this thread would have been moot.
In how many states did JOhnson pull enough votes to make a difference in the outcome?

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

It means Hillary got more popular votes. That's what it means...

And if your Aunt had balls, she'd be your Uncle.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

One person - one vote. Hillary got more. It's that simple.

What it means is that there are 59,359,949 really stupid fucking people in this country that are going to get exactly what they deserve.

You poor kid, it hurts, I know.
Not me. I''ll be just fine. It's idiots like you that are going to be hurting when the orange buffoon takes over. The poor bastard will probably have no idea what to do with himself the first day he wakes up as president. LOL.

No shit. Even his family last night had a look on their faces like, "Oh wow. We weren't expecting this, is Donald sure he really wants to do this?"

Weird energy at Trump HQ last night.

Right

They had like a 100-1 chance of beating Hillary, (as reported continuously reported by dems here), and they pulled it off.

I'm positive they weren't expecting it.

Dude, no one was expecting it. Even the right. The results caught them by surprise just as much as everyone else.

It was the lack of turnout on her side that did it. I think the leads they had in the 3 weeks leading up to the election made them complacent, and they brought out the Obama's way too late to make up for it.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

Except that isn't how we elect Presidents. It applies at the State level in this election.

Rules mean things.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

Except that isn't how we elect Presidents. It applies at the State level in this election.

Rules mean things.
Not to a lib. They mean nothing. Why else would they want a criminal in the WH?

What it means is that there are 59,359,949 really stupid fucking people in this country that are going to get exactly what they deserve.

Not me. I''ll be just fine. It's idiots like you that are going to be hurting when the orange buffoon takes over. The poor bastard will probably have no idea what to do with himself the first day he wakes up as president. LOL.

No shit. Even his family last night had a look on their faces like, "Oh wow. We weren't expecting this, is Donald sure he really wants to do this?"

Weird energy at Trump HQ last night.

It all depends on who he picks as his advisers and cabinet.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

Most Americans on the west and east coasts voted heavily for Clinton. The big surprise was the rust belt and upper Midwest which went for Trump, and that's how he won. In many ways this was similar to the 2000 presidential race except not as heavily contested.

I really wish the electoral college would be eliminated. The popular vote is what should determine the outcome.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

Most Americans on the west and east coasts voted heavily for Clinton. The big surprise was the rust belt and upper Midwest which went for Trump, and that's how he won. In many ways this was similar to the 2000 presidential race except not as heavily contested.

I really wish the electoral college would be eliminated. The popular vote is what should determine the outcome.

Which would give 'flyover country' little if any voice in elections

The poor bastard will probably have no idea what to do with himself the first day he wakes up as president.

If it were me, I'd screw the First Lady.

Then I'd call Lynch and tell her to pack her bags
In the next 6-8 weeks, all cabinet members and all Obama appointees will most likely be officially asked to resign. That's typical.
I also expect there will be a new Chair of the Federal Reserve. The only Dept Chair I could see possibly hanging on to their job is FCC Chair Tim Wheeler.
Wheeler is an anti government interference type. Trump may want this guy around for a little while.
But everyone else, including the White House Presidential staff will be canned.
It is my hope that Trump cuts the staff down to a reasonable level. Under Obama, there were an incredible number of staffers at a huge and unnecessary cost to the taxpayers.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

Washington redskin, not too long ago someone said elections have consequences. Most of those votes to putting her on top in the popular vote come from California - California should not have the final say in the direction of the country.
This is a republic, not a mob rule democracy… Every candidate knows that going into it.

I imagine that most Presidents woke up that first night and didn’t know what to do.
Give the man a chance.
A very sensible comment.
Kudos

Thanks to liberal NY and CA she barely pulled off the popular vote but 10% more white women voted for Trump and the political map looks like a Sherwin Williams paint ad where the Country is covered in red.

59,593,691 votes Hillary

59,359,949 votes Trump

You lost crybaby, it's just that simple.

Forum List

Back