Hmmm....girl shot in London...but they don't have the 2nd Amendment there....

"They don't have the 2nd Amendment". That's for sure. The United States of America is the only country in the world that lists guaranteed freedoms in the Bill of Rights aka the 1st ten Amendments to the Constitution. Keep that in mind when traveling.

"They don't have the 2nd Amendment". That's for sure. The United States of America is the only country in the world that lists guaranteed freedoms in the Bill of Rights aka the 1st ten Amendments to the Constitution. Keep that in mind when traveling.
Traveling into Canada always makes me uncomfortable because of the lack of freedom.

There are some parts of Europe that are free. The Czech Republic for example. Their freedom is not guaranteed by something as immutable as our Bill of Rights, but they do have freedom backed up by statutory law.

But, but, but......they don't have guns over there. Are you sure it was bullet that entered her body?
Guess what cupcake, you still get incidents, but did you not notice that the number of incidents in a year in the UK is about 5 seconds worth in the US.

Vehicles illegal?
Guns aren't illegal either. Cars have gears, do you think you should put your brain in gear too!!

I've gone over this a thousand times with gun nuts, is there nothing between their lugs to keep information in? Regulations and laws reduce incidents, they do not stop incidents. Did you comprehend that? Do you need your carer to explain? What's up with you guys? Car licencing, safety laws, vehicle inspections, road regulations etc.. helps to reduce car accidents and incidents, they don't stop them, they allow safer usage of cars.

Guns, regulations and laws do not stop incidents, they reduce them. They allow for safer use in a safer environment with more people respecting guns than those wanting to use them on others.

You gun nuts make my Jack Russell look like Einstein.

Guns aren't illegal either. Cars have gears, do you think you should put your brain in gear too!!

I've gone over this a thousand times with gun nuts, is there nothing between their lugs to keep information in? Regulations and laws reduce incidents, they do not stop incidents. Did you comprehend that? Do you need your carer to explain? What's up with you guys? Car licencing, safety laws, vehicle inspections, road regulations etc.. helps to reduce car accidents and incidents, they don't stop them, they allow safer usage of cars.

Guns, regulations and laws do not stop incidents, they reduce them. They allow for safer use in a safer environment with more people respecting guns than those wanting to use them on others.

You gun nuts make my Jack Russell look like Einstein.
Did you know the topic is regarding London, WHERE HANDGUNS ARE ILLEGAL?
By the way, scooter, you make an amoeba look like Einstein. :eusa_whistle:

Did you know the topic is regarding London, WHERE HANDGUNS ARE ILLEGAL?
By the way, scooter, you make an amoeba look like Einstein. :eusa_whistle:
I can only assume you are a child. Illegal things will still happen. Illegal cars will still be driven in an illegal way. Illegal guns can still be illegally in use. You're thicker than my kitchen worktop.

I can only assume gun nuts 'appear' to go into full retard mode purely to flame-bait.

No matter how much legislation and regulations are in place, incidents will happen, albeit very few. Where you guys run nuts.

I can only assume you are a child. Illegal things will still happen. Illegal cars will still be driven in an illegal way. Illegal guns can still be illegally in use. You're thicker than my kitchen worktop.

I can only assume gun nuts 'appear' to go into full retard mode purely to flame-bait.

No matter how much legislation and regulations are in place, incidents will happen, albeit very few. Where you guys run nuts.
Moving the goalposts now? How childish is that? :laughing0301:
Dude, I'm not sure you understand the meat of this thread. I can't fix that for you.

Moving the goalposts now? How childish is that? :laughing0301:
Dude, I'm not sure you understand the meat of this thread. I can't fix that for you.
No goalposts are moving, you are just butt-hurt when you're constantly being spanked on guns. Regulations on food hygiene, cars, building codes/regs, guns etc.... reduce incidents. The laws and regs do not stop people serving out of date chicken, driving a dodgy car, installing a badly fitted under-spec lintel and owning and using an illegal gun.
So yet again, guns laws in the UK vastly reduce gun incidents where a year worths of stats in the UK are wiped out in about 5 seconds in the US.

Whether someone is shot with a legal gun by a person legally owning said gun, or whether it's an illegal gun used by someone not legally eligible to own a gun, the gun laws and regs reduce incidents. One case happens in London and the gun nuts are behind their computer screens masturbating.

So again, you make my Jack Russell look like Einstein.

The 2nd Amendment creates a culture of gun nuts willing shoot their neighbour. They're the worst type of gun owner to have, and they're are classed as the sensible gun owners in America. Work tops abound.

Spot on, that's the "problem" in a nutshell. Incidents like this don't happen in the UK, because our gun owners tend not to be frightened of shadows and prone to over react.
Mom: Daughter mistaken for intruder by father, fatally shot
A good read for a person with an open mind, this might not be a good read for you, though.

The numbers of defensive gun uses (DGUs) each year is controversial. But one study ordered by the CDC and conducted by The National Academies’ Institute of Medicine and National Research Council reported that, “Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence”:

Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.
Another study estimates there are 1,029,615 DGUs per year “for self-protection or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere” excluding “military service, police work, or work as a security guard,” (within the range of the National Academies’ paper), yielding an estimate of 162,000 cases per year where someone “almost certainly would have been killed” if they “had not used a gun for protection.”

(In comparison, there were 11,208 homicide deaths by firearm in the US in 2012. There were a total of 33,636 deaths due to “injury by firearms,” of which the majority were suicides, 21,175.)

Spot on, that's the "problem" in a nutshell. Incidents like this don't happen in the UK, because our gun owners tend not to be frightened of shadows and prone to over react.

We have over 600 million guns in the U.S.....

Over 20 million Americans carry guns for self defense.....

Accidental gun deaths in 2020?

535......out of over 330 million people......

Cars kill over 39,000.....accidentally.

And then, as Meister points out, the lives saved by Americans with guns......saved from rape, robbery, murder, stabbings, beatings.......

1.1 million times a year Americans use their legal guns for self defense.....

Saving lives from rape, robbery, murder, beatings and stabbings....

And while you are here.....

A woman is about to be dragged into an alley, beaten, raped, then murdered......do you believe she should be able to use a gun to stop the attack?

If not, why not?

A member of the House of Lords wants to hunt birds on one of his large estates, he can get a gun permit because this is considered a good reason to own a gun in Britain. The above woman, about to be raped, beaten and murdered, can't get a permit to own a gun.....self defense, the stopping of a rape, beating and murder is not a "good reason," to own a gun in Britain...

Do you support this, and if so, why?

Erm, technically they're not illegal if their barrels are over a certain length.
When a handgun has to be longer than a rifle, it isn't really a handgun.

And it's not like you guys have ready access to rifles either. You can only have one if your masters decide that you have a legitimate need for one. And even then it will not have enough firepower for effective self defense.

It's such a tragedy that you guys gave up your freedom, and that you gave it up for nothing.

Well....British women walk around afraid all the time...they just don't get to do anything to alleviate that fear.....is that how you like your women?

Politicians, comedians, TV stars and journalists are among hundreds of women who have shared their experiences of feeling a sense of fear when walking home alone, as they expressed their sadness over the news a police officer has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering Sarah Everard.

Forum List

Back