Hogg and the rest of the gun grabbing students are a perfect example of what is wrong with humanity.

Haven't heard a peep in days

Like I said we really don't care about gun violence in this country.

If those lily white suburban kids accounted for 70% of all murders we would though

F467E71B-F66F-4019-A912-F9F2D69E8124.jpeg

Jerry Clower, a noted comedian, once put forth an observation. Everyone has an ideal, of what a perfect world would be. That idea is unique, and always has one similarity. Everyone’s point of view is that they themselves, are perfect, and if everyone was more like them, the world would be as perfect as humanly possible.

If you all were more like me, then the world would be better, if not perfect. That is arrogance beyond belief. We all know we can be better, and some of us admit we could be much better. We read, watch documentaries and otherwise try and learn. Yet, the more perfect we see ourselves as, the less we need to learn, the less we need to change. Hogg and the students are in their own eyes, perfect. It’s all of us who are wrong. We aren’t as enlightened, as woke as they are.

All of the visions of the future require one other thing. We all have to give up our rights, and our individuality, to conform to their view.

Hogg has no issue with everyone else giving up their rights, be they the first, or second amendment rights. He denigrates NRA and the members, and the people who support the ideals of the NRA while not actually joining. Yet his favorite Amendment is the First, which among other things protects the right of free association. It is actually peaceably assemble, but you get the idea.

We are free to join any group, and advocate for any cause we like. Just as Hogg is. The difference is what those associations hope to gain. For the NRA, and the supporters of the Second Amendment, they are advocating for their rights under the 2nd Amendment. An Amendment that young Mr. Hogg and the Students haven’t ever heard of, or studied apparently.

History is vital. It tells the story of how we got here. The more history you learn, the smarter choices you can make, and this is the key, the more mistakes you can avoid.

Do I want all of you to be like me? No. One of me is plenty. Mr. Hogg has the first amendment right to say any crazy thing he wants. But the lesson Hogg is learning is this. So does everyone else. I would argue to the limit of my ability for Hogg to be able to speak his mind. I would argue the same for anyone, no matter how much I disagree. I know that principle is not unique, it comes from the world history I’ve studied. Voltaire talked about it much. I’ve quoted the principles of St. Augustine more than once on this board.

I believe what I believe, and I have reasons to believe it, not just an idea, or a feeling. I have a foundation for that belief, which is why I am able to write about the subjects I comment on with some ease, because it’s not just a knee jerk reaction, but a considered opinion. I may be wrong according to you, and I may not be as well read as some others, but that is a failing I am still trying to rectify by reading and studying history. A better understanding of how we got to this point, and a better more complete view going forward. With luck, I’ll be smarter than I ever was just as I die, because I never stopped learning.

Hogg and the students demand that we become more like them, because in their views, they are perfect. When I was a kid, there was a bumper sticker my Mother got and put on her car. It said. “Teenagers, move out of your parents house now, while you still know everything.”

I was once young, and arrogant enough to think I knew it all. We all were. My parents tolerated me some, and corrected my erroneous beliefs often. It’s a shame that young Mr. Hogg hasn’t had the advantage of that kind of care from his parents. Because it will make him a better person, even if after he learns what he is talking about, he continues to disagree with me.

Oh, and the only change I’d make if I was in control of the world. I’d call on the people to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing. Focus on your own life, and you’ll probably be a lot happier.

Yes, what's wrong with killing a few kids? And how fucking dare they protest?

And Ingraham is a mouthpiece for the NRA .. she got her ass handed to her for that.

Bull shit. I wouldn’t have apologized but she chose to. Nothing she said was wrong.

Nothing is wrong. Just words.

Nothing she said was wrong.

Just words. It's all good.

Nothing she said was wrong, liar.

Jerry Clower, a noted comedian, once put forth an observation. Everyone has an ideal, of what a perfect world would be. That idea is unique, and always has one similarity. Everyone’s point of view is that they themselves, are perfect, and if everyone was more like them, the world would be as perfect as humanly possible.

If you all were more like me, then the world would be better, if not perfect. That is arrogance beyond belief. We all know we can be better, and some of us admit we could be much better. We read, watch documentaries and otherwise try and learn. Yet, the more perfect we see ourselves as, the less we need to learn, the less we need to change. Hogg and the students are in their own eyes, perfect. It’s all of us who are wrong. We aren’t as enlightened, as woke as they are.

All of the visions of the future require one other thing. We all have to give up our rights, and our individuality, to conform to their view.

Hogg has no issue with everyone else giving up their rights, be they the first, or second amendment rights. He denigrates NRA and the members, and the people who support the ideals of the NRA while not actually joining. Yet his favorite Amendment is the First, which among other things protects the right of free association. It is actually peaceably assemble, but you get the idea.

We are free to join any group, and advocate for any cause we like. Just as Hogg is. The difference is what those associations hope to gain. For the NRA, and the supporters of the Second Amendment, they are advocating for their rights under the 2nd Amendment. An Amendment that young Mr. Hogg and the Students haven’t ever heard of, or studied apparently.

History is vital. It tells the story of how we got here. The more history you learn, the smarter choices you can make, and this is the key, the more mistakes you can avoid.

Do I want all of you to be like me? No. One of me is plenty. Mr. Hogg has the first amendment right to say any crazy thing he wants. But the lesson Hogg is learning is this. So does everyone else. I would argue to the limit of my ability for Hogg to be able to speak his mind. I would argue the same for anyone, no matter how much I disagree. I know that principle is not unique, it comes from the world history I’ve studied. Voltaire talked about it much. I’ve quoted the principles of St. Augustine more than once on this board.

I believe what I believe, and I have reasons to believe it, not just an idea, or a feeling. I have a foundation for that belief, which is why I am able to write about the subjects I comment on with some ease, because it’s not just a knee jerk reaction, but a considered opinion. I may be wrong according to you, and I may not be as well read as some others, but that is a failing I am still trying to rectify by reading and studying history. A better understanding of how we got to this point, and a better more complete view going forward. With luck, I’ll be smarter than I ever was just as I die, because I never stopped learning.

Hogg and the students demand that we become more like them, because in their views, they are perfect. When I was a kid, there was a bumper sticker my Mother got and put on her car. It said. “Teenagers, move out of your parents house now, while you still know everything.”

I was once young, and arrogant enough to think I knew it all. We all were. My parents tolerated me some, and corrected my erroneous beliefs often. It’s a shame that young Mr. Hogg hasn’t had the advantage of that kind of care from his parents. Because it will make him a better person, even if after he learns what he is talking about, he continues to disagree with me.

Oh, and the only change I’d make if I was in control of the world. I’d call on the people to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing. Focus on your own life, and you’ll probably be a lot happier.

Nothing is wrong with protesting, as long as you know what you are protesting. These people are ill-informed and immature. They aren’t trying to make anyone safe, they are trying to take rights away from people who disagree. They are also simply pawns of the left.

If you all were more like me, then the world would be better, if not perfect. That is arrogance beyond belief.

It is huh.

So you're saying we should all walk around with stupid ideas that won't work?

Think I'll pass.

Translation:

:lalala:

The term "snowflake" keeps running across my screen when I read this butthurt shit.

Hogg and the rest of the gun grabbing students are a perfect example of what is wrong with humanity

Yeah it's so "wrong" to protest being shot at. The wrongest wrongity of wrongitude imaginable.

/thread
Yeah it's wrong to get shot at, but it doesn't mean that you take that experience in such a way, that it makes you want to then strike out at the good citizens for that instance of wrong in which was perpetrated against you. In his situation he was failed by those above him who had refused to recognize that what happened in the previous school shootings could actually happen in his school just as well. Those above him left him and his fellow students vulnerable to attack because they were in reactive mode instead of in proactive mode since the last shootings occurred in the country.

For example, if ones vehicle keeps breaking down, do you just keep fixing the same problem over and over again or do you remedy the problem by running preventive care in so that the problem doesn't keep coming back again and again ???

Ok so what we have in the situation now, is that Hogg and the students are attempting to be mechanics, although they've never handled a wrench much less tried to figure out a problem that is this complex.

So far they've removed the gas tank in hopes to find the oil pump, but they're not deterred as they started at the back of the car trying to remove parts until they reach the front of the car in order to remedy the problem. So far they've spent most of their time and their efforts just guessing at it, but the car just sits there crying for them because if it could talk it would be screaming at them saying "you dummies, now go get help from the proper advisor's please".

Great OP, and right on time. Not only does the events of today beg the questions of what are we teaching these kids today, but how have we as adults been led astray just as well by these totally corrupt people of today ?? Globalism could be behind it all, but it may be far more complicated than just that.

Proper efforts are being made now to protect the schools and the students within them, but vulnerabilities still exist until a total of the new implemented programs are in place.

Points of entry secured, metal detectors, resource officers, mental health watch, zero tolerance policies to be enforced, and extensive training is just many of the steps being taken to ensure success. Let's pray we get there quick. The second amendment that ensures our individual self defense in this nation shall remain, and as for the bad guy's, well their coming for ya. There won't be no more heming and hawing on these issues. Yes there will be further acts until total success is achieved, but the door is being shut now quickly. It's high time.

No more of the bullcrap !!

Last edited:
And Ingraham is a mouthpiece for the NRA .. she got her ass handed to her for that.

Bull shit. I wouldn’t have apologized but she chose to. Nothing she said was wrong.

Right. Words are just words. It's fine. She's a model citizen.

Nothing is wrong with protesting, as long as you know what you are protesting. These people are ill-informed and immature. They aren’t trying to make anyone safe, they are trying to take rights away from people who disagree. They are also simply pawns of the left.
. Because of this, the left needs to be dealt with in this country big time. Strip them of their power if they can't handle it no better than what we are seeing as the results of that power in which it has since yielded today.

To see our children become pawns of the left, and then become sacrificial lambs of the left (if we know that to be true), then how is it that we have sunk so low that we can't wage ideological war against those who are taking advantage of our most precious family members right now today ??

These are your children people, not theirs. It's time to push those invited guest who have sat down at your dinner table with your family if they have been wrong in their views (away from the family).

If they are poisonous unto you as a family, then they should be recognized and acknowledged as such. If they themselves have been led astray, then they need to be open to being reformed instead of resisting or holding out for those who had pimped them out in life.

Get back to the basics people.

Irrelevant, liar, nothing she said was wrong.

Young is exactly what Mr. Hogg is. His views will change with experience. We have a right to be wrong when we are young. Wrong is what he is, there is a reason we have the second ammendment and it was a good one.. I am not concerned that the second ammendment will lose it's teeth. Too many support it.

Irrelevant, liar, nothing she said was wrong.

You are calling me a liar here. Do you know what that word means?

I believe that you and I are of differing opinions regarding whether or not what she said was "wrong".

I actually don't believe that you think her comments were appropriate. So, that makes you the one lying here. Why would you lie for that idiot?

Young is exactly what Mr. Hogg is. His views will change with experience. We have a right to be wrong when we are young. Wrong is what he is, there is a reason we have the second ammendment and it was a good one.. I am not concerned that the second ammendment will lose it's teeth. Too many support it.

Is he wrong? Or is it just that with age and "experience" people see the futility in fighting the system any more. Or they just get lazy?

Is he wrong? Or is it just that with age and "experience" people see the futility in fighting the system any more. Or they just get lazy?
Yes, he is wrong. People see weakness and attack period. If one person has a gun and you do not you have zero say in your future, that is the way it is. That is human nature. You want to give up your ability to defend your self bad things will happen. These are the natural laws we face. We are animals and there has been an arms race from the beginning it will never stop. To think it will is folley. Every animal in the animal kingdom follows the same rules you can not ignore them.

Yes, he is wrong. People see weakness and attack period. If one person has a gun and you do not you have zero say in your future, that is the way it is. That is human nature. You want to give up your ability to defend your self bad things will happen. These are the natural laws we face. We are animals and there has been an arms race from the beginning it will never stop. To think it will is folley. Every animal in the animal kingdom follows the same rules you can not ignore them.

And I could point out many ways in which you are wrong.

You're basically trying to take civilization backwards in time, in order to fit your view of the world.

The US is the least safe first world country.

It has the highest prison population of first world countries.
It has the highest gun ownership of first world countries.
It has the highest wealth gap of first world countries.

What you're telling me isn't based on facts, or reality, but on some twisted view you have in your head that you're unwilling to see is plain wrong.

You're basically trying to take civilization backwards in time, in order to fit your view of the world.

What you're telling me isn't based on facts, or reality, but on some twisted view you have in your head that you're unwilling to see is plain wrong.
Guns did none of what you are quoting. A gun is an inanimate object. people did what you are talking about. Cause and effect fallacy. How ever if I have a gun and you do not and we are in an argument, I win period. If you want to trust your safety and your care on others, you are going to be sorely disappoiinted. We the people elected representatives that thought private prisons was a good idea. We put proffit in prisons. Guns did not do that. Now we have a duley elected governent in which you want to have all the guns all ready puting more people in prison than any where on earth and have shown they are willing to incarcerate you for money.; You are willing for these same people to be your safety net and they are going to protect you. You are going to give them your guns and they now make your decissions for you. You now have no guns and no where to turn but the same peop[le that brought you all of the above. Great plan buddy.

Guns did none of what you are quoting. A gun is an inanimate object. people did what you are talking about. Cause and effect fallacy. How ever if I have a gun and you do not and we are in an argument, I win period. If you want to trust your safety and your care on others, you are going to be sorely disappoiinted. We the people elected representatives that thought private prisons was a good idea. We put proffit in prisons. Guns did not do that. Now we have a duley elected governent in which you want to have all the guns all ready puting more people in prison than any where on earth and have shown they are willing to incarcerate you for money.; You are willing for these same people to be your safety net and they are going to protect you. You are going to give them your guns and they now make your decissions for you. You now have no guns and no where to turn but the same peop[le that brought you all of the above. Great plan buddy.

Guns in the hands of humans make humans much more effective killers.

You can post all the crap you like about how guns are inanimate objects, but it doesn't stop the fact that humans with guns are more dangerous and will use them.

Hence why the US has a murder rate 4 to 5 times higher than most first world countries.

Guns in the hands of humans make humans much more effective killers.

You can post all the crap you like about how guns are inanimate objects, but it doesn't stop the fact that humans with guns are more dangerous and will use them.

Hence why the US has a murder rate 4 to 5 times higher than most first world countries.
Blah,blah,blah. You want to give up some thing that makes you equal wqith the bad guys good luck. They will not take my gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not make a living in crime. The crimnal alll ready does not care about law he will give it up never! We still have the problem that guns caused none of what you quoted and you still want to give them to the people that did. Futher more what happened to the american indian? They did not have guns and we did ! How did that turn out for them. Does a gun make me a more effective killer? You bet! It also allows me to stand against another killer. If people wewre noit ass holes we would not have these issues. You can not regulate assholes away any more than guns. You have a simple view of the world. You want to give all of your guns away that is fine, you have no right to make me as stupid and defensless as you. Do to my job, I have to some times be in some pretty bad areas and would not be here to day if it were not for my fire arm.

Forum List

Back