Hogg and the rest of the gun grabbing students are a perfect example of what is wrong with humanity.

Is he wrong? Or is it just that with age and "experience" people see the futility in fighting the system any more. Or they just get lazy?
Yes, he is wrong. People see weakness and attack period. If one person has a gun and you do not you have zero say in your future, that is the way it is. That is human nature. You want to give up your ability to defend your self bad things will happen. These are the natural laws we face. We are animals and there has been an arms race from the beginning it will never stop. To think it will is folley. Every animal in the animal kingdom follows the same rules you can not ignore them.

And I could point out many ways in which you are wrong.

You're basically trying to take civilization backwards in time, in order to fit your view of the world.

The US is the least safe first world country.

It has the highest prison population of first world countries.
It has the highest gun ownership of first world countries.
It has the highest wealth gap of first world countries.

What you're telling me isn't based on facts, or reality, but on some twisted view you have in your head that you're unwilling to see is plain wrong.
Guns did none of what you are quoting. A gun is an inanimate object. people did what you are talking about. Cause and effect fallacy. How ever if I have a gun and you do not and we are in an argument, I win period. If you want to trust your safety and your care on others, you are going to be sorely disappoiinted. We the people elected representatives that thought private prisons was a good idea. We put proffit in prisons. Guns did not do that. Now we have a duley elected governent in which you want to have all the guns all ready puting more people in prison than any where on earth and have shown they are willing to incarcerate you for money.; You are willing for these same people to be your safety net and they are going to protect you. You are going to give them your guns and they now make your decissions for you. You now have no guns and no where to turn but the same peop[le that brought you all of the above. Great plan buddy.

Guns in the hands of humans make humans much more effective killers.

You can post all the crap you like about how guns are inanimate objects, but it doesn't stop the fact that humans with guns are more dangerous and will use them.

Hence why the US has a murder rate 4 to 5 times higher than most first world countries.
Blah,blah,blah. You want to give up some thing that makes you equal wqith the bad guys good luck. They will not take my gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not make a living in crime. The crimnal alll ready does not care about law he will give it up never! We still have the problem that guns caused none of what you quoted and you still want to give them to the people that did. Futher more what happened to the american indian? They did not have guns and we did ! How did that turn out for them. Does a gun make me a more effective killer? You bet! It also allows me to stand against another killer. If people wewre noit ass holes we would not have these issues. You can not regulate assholes away any more than guns. You have a simple view of the world. You want to give all of your guns away that is fine, you have no right to make me as stupid and defensless as you. Do to my job, I have to some times be in some pretty bad areas and would not be here to day if it were not for my fire arm.

And that's what it boils down to, isn't it? You want your guns and you will do ANYTHING to make sure you keep them.

You'll ignore reality.

Yes, he is wrong. People see weakness and attack period. If one person has a gun and you do not you have zero say in your future, that is the way it is. That is human nature. You want to give up your ability to defend your self bad things will happen. These are the natural laws we face. We are animals and there has been an arms race from the beginning it will never stop. To think it will is folley. Every animal in the animal kingdom follows the same rules you can not ignore them.

You're basically trying to take civilization backwards in time, in order to fit your view of the world.

What you're telling me isn't based on facts, or reality, but on some twisted view you have in your head that you're unwilling to see is plain wrong.
Guns did none of what you are quoting. A gun is an inanimate object. people did what you are talking about. Cause and effect fallacy. How ever if I have a gun and you do not and we are in an argument, I win period. If you want to trust your safety and your care on others, you are going to be sorely disappoiinted. We the people elected representatives that thought private prisons was a good idea. We put proffit in prisons. Guns did not do that. Now we have a duley elected governent in which you want to have all the guns all ready puting more people in prison than any where on earth and have shown they are willing to incarcerate you for money.; You are willing for these same people to be your safety net and they are going to protect you. You are going to give them your guns and they now make your decissions for you. You now have no guns and no where to turn but the same peop[le that brought you all of the above. Great plan buddy.

You can post all the crap you like about how guns are inanimate objects, but it doesn't stop the fact that humans with guns are more dangerous and will use them.

Hence why the US has a murder rate 4 to 5 times higher than most first world countries.
Blah,blah,blah. You want to give up some thing that makes you equal wqith the bad guys good luck. They will not take my gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not make a living in crime. The crimnal alll ready does not care about law he will give it up never! We still have the problem that guns caused none of what you quoted and you still want to give them to the people that did. Futher more what happened to the american indian? They did not have guns and we did ! How did that turn out for them. Does a gun make me a more effective killer? You bet! It also allows me to stand against another killer. If people wewre noit ass holes we would not have these issues. You can not regulate assholes away any more than guns. You have a simple view of the world. You want to give all of your guns away that is fine, you have no right to make me as stupid and defensless as you. Do to my job, I have to some times be in some pretty bad areas and would not be here to day if it were not for my fire arm.

And that's what it boils down to, isn't it? You want your guns and you will do ANYTHING to make sure you keep them.

You'll ignore reality.
You ignore reality, gun laws stop nothing but giving up your right to self defense. period. You want to do a rain dance go ahead. It will not make it rain. My hand makes me a more effective killer also allows me to do work. You can not legislate the taking of my hand. What it boils down to is that you are a dumb fuck and want me to be one too. Fuck you I will keep m,y hand, I will keep my gun, I will keep every tool that allows me to have the life I have and will not give it up in favor ofg giving some one elese an advantage. By your logic we as a nation should give up nuclear weapons. The reason we do not is because then chinas, north koreas, russias and pakistans will be falling on our neoghborhoods. You want to tell me they would not use them? What the fuck are smoking?

You'll ignore reality.

S0n.... there is zero doubt that gun owners will keep their weapons. We already know that.... after Sandy Hook New York and Connecticut went with a complete assault rifle ban..... you know the scary looking guns.... and guess how many people complied? 3% and 4% respectively. That's called reality s0n

You'll ignore reality.
You ignore reality, gun laws stop nothing but giving up your right to self defense. period. You want to do a rain dance go ahead. It will not make it rain. My hand makes me a more effective killer also allows me to do work. You can not legislate the taking of my hand. What it boils down to is that you are a dumb fuck and want me to be one too. Fuck you I will keep m,y hand, I will keep my gun, I will keep every tool that allows me to have the life I have and will not give it up in favor ofg giving some one elese an advantage. By your logic we as a nation should give up nuclear weapons. The reason we do not is because then chinas, north koreas, russias and pakistans will be falling on our neoghborhoods. You want to tell me they would not use them? What the fuck are smoking?

Are you listening?

The US has the highest murder rate in the first world.

It's not just the highest, it's the highest by a long, long way. The norm seems to be about 1 per 100,000 people. The high seems to be about 1.5 per 100,000 people, the US is getting up to 5.

You're talking about self defense. Yet all these countries have violent crime levels about the same as the US's.

Crimes where people defend themselves with guns and the crime doesn't actually happen hardly ever get reported as the crime having taken place. Which means in the US you have to defend yourself a lot, lot more.

On Facebook I have Americans and Europeans and Australians etc. Who do you think I see worried about their house being broken into? It's Americans.

You're talking about self defense like in the US everyone's safe and secure and Europeans are living in fear. Problem is, IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

I know, I've lived in both Europe and the US.

Reality dude.

Young is exactly what Mr. Hogg is. His views will change with experience. We have a right to be wrong when we are young. Wrong is what he is, there is a reason we have the second ammendment and it was a good one.. I am not concerned that the second ammendment will lose it's teeth. Too many support it.

Is he wrong? Or is it just that with age and "experience" people see the futility in fighting the system any more. Or they just get lazy?

So one question comes to mind. A gun that hasn’t killed, Why is that? My father died without ever killing someone with the guns he had owned for more than fifty years. If a person with a gun “will” use them, what was wrong with my Father, Uncles, or Aunts? Why haven’t I killed anyone? Is it merely a matter of time? Or does the scary gun that makes loud noises really disturb you that much?

I have to say.... there is no topic on the USMB that is more fun then the gun grabber threads. Because you see all the meathead progressives get all giddy about gun grabbing.... and it never happens and never will happen but every time the level of giddy will be profound. And every time they have to take that bat and ball and go home:113:

You'll ignore reality.

S0n.... there is zero doubt that gun owners will keep their weapons. We already know that.... after Sandy Hook New York and Connecticut went with a complete assault rifle ban..... you know the scary looking guns.... and guess how many people complied? 3% and 4% respectively. That's called reality s0n
Wow, people must live a blessed life! Evidently there are a lot of people who have never had to defend them selves. Have people not realized that the cops show up after the fact, they are a deterent only they stop very little. I prefer to live till they get there, or better yet have the issue resolved before needing them. I notice I show my colt at the door the problem leaves my porch before needing a phone! I prefer my way!

So one question comes to mind. A gun that hasn’t killed, Why is that? My father died without ever killing someone with the guns he had owned for more than fifty years. If a person with a gun “will” use them, what was wrong with my Father, Uncles, or Aunts? Why haven’t I killed anyone? Is it merely a matter of time? Or does the scary gun that makes loud noises really disturb you that much?

Hey man...ive heard Frigid has a mighty impressive wiffle ball bat collection for home defense:2up::113:

And what kind of argument is this?

A gun makes a human more dangerous. More dangerous doesn't mean that human will kill.

However you get down to the place where the line is, where there are people who will kill with a gun in a certain situation, and without a gun they won't... now there's a difference.

Who are these people? Sometimes you can't tell. Sometimes a person who could be borderline won't commit such an act. Sometimes someone not so borderline might just lose it.

Sometimes people have mental health issues.

Sometimes people have financial issues.

Somethings people have greed issues.

Sometimes they just small moments of intense anger and they can't control what they're doing very well.

Either way, with a gun they're much more dangerous.

And what kind of argument is this?

A gun makes a human more dangerous. More dangerous doesn't mean that human will kill.

However you get down to the place where the line is, where there are people who will kill with a gun in a certain situation, and without a gun they won't... now there's a difference.

Who are these people? Sometimes you can't tell. Sometimes a person who could be borderline won't commit such an act. Sometimes someone not so borderline might just lose it.

Sometimes people have mental health issues.

Sometimes people have financial issues.

Somethings people have greed issues.

Sometimes they just small moments of intense anger and they can't control what they're doing very well.

Either way, with a gun they're much more dangerous.
For the person who is going to just lose it and then regain control there are a multitude of different weopons that will leave the same body count. Where guns become the larger issue is in pre meditated situations that same gun that akes out alot of people ion the premeditated situtation also will take out large numbers of people that have premeditated against you. Again back the the american indian lack of guns cost them 25 million people, or the jews in germany how many people. I get attacked and have my gun I may live. I get atacked and do n ot have my gun I will die. When violence completely disappears then maybe a gun take would work but why do it then.

If you all were more like me, then the world would be better, if not perfect. That is arrogance beyond belief.

It is huh.

So you're saying we should all walk around with stupid ideas that won't work?

Think I'll pass.

Jerry Clower, a noted comedian, once put forth an observation. Everyone has an ideal, of what a perfect world would be. That idea is unique, and always has one similarity. Everyone’s point of view is that they themselves, are perfect, and if everyone was more like them, the world would be as perfect as humanly possible.

If you all were more like me, then the world would be better, if not perfect. That is arrogance beyond belief. We all know we can be better, and some of us admit we could be much better. We read, watch documentaries and otherwise try and learn. Yet, the more perfect we see ourselves as, the less we need to learn, the less we need to change. Hogg and the students are in their own eyes, perfect. It’s all of us who are wrong. We aren’t as enlightened, as woke as they are.

All of the visions of the future require one other thing. We all have to give up our rights, and our individuality, to conform to their view.

Hogg has no issue with everyone else giving up their rights, be they the first, or second amendment rights. He denigrates NRA and the members, and the people who support the ideals of the NRA while not actually joining. Yet his favorite Amendment is the First, which among other things protects the right of free association. It is actually peaceably assemble, but you get the idea.

We are free to join any group, and advocate for any cause we like. Just as Hogg is. The difference is what those associations hope to gain. For the NRA, and the supporters of the Second Amendment, they are advocating for their rights under the 2nd Amendment. An Amendment that young Mr. Hogg and the Students haven’t ever heard of, or studied apparently.

History is vital. It tells the story of how we got here. The more history you learn, the smarter choices you can make, and this is the key, the more mistakes you can avoid.

Do I want all of you to be like me? No. One of me is plenty. Mr. Hogg has the first amendment right to say any crazy thing he wants. But the lesson Hogg is learning is this. So does everyone else. I would argue to the limit of my ability for Hogg to be able to speak his mind. I would argue the same for anyone, no matter how much I disagree. I know that principle is not unique, it comes from the world history I’ve studied. Voltaire talked about it much. I’ve quoted the principles of St. Augustine more than once on this board.

I believe what I believe, and I have reasons to believe it, not just an idea, or a feeling. I have a foundation for that belief, which is why I am able to write about the subjects I comment on with some ease, because it’s not just a knee jerk reaction, but a considered opinion. I may be wrong according to you, and I may not be as well read as some others, but that is a failing I am still trying to rectify by reading and studying history. A better understanding of how we got to this point, and a better more complete view going forward. With luck, I’ll be smarter than I ever was just as I die, because I never stopped learning.

Hogg and the students demand that we become more like them, because in their views, they are perfect. When I was a kid, there was a bumper sticker my Mother got and put on her car. It said. “Teenagers, move out of your parents house now, while you still know everything.”

I was once young, and arrogant enough to think I knew it all. We all were. My parents tolerated me some, and corrected my erroneous beliefs often. It’s a shame that young Mr. Hogg hasn’t had the advantage of that kind of care from his parents. Because it will make him a better person, even if after he learns what he is talking about, he continues to disagree with me.

Oh, and the only change I’d make if I was in control of the world. I’d call on the people to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing. Focus on your own life, and you’ll probably be a lot happier.

Translation:

:lalala:

The term "snowflake" keeps running across my screen when I read this butthurt shit.

Hogg and the rest of the gun grabbing students are a perfect example of what is wrong with humanity

Yeah it's so "wrong" to protest being shot at. The wrongest wrongity of wrongitude imaginable.

/thread

Well, young Mr. Hogg seems to think we should embrace stupid ideals that won’t work. You seem to think he is right. The fact that his views are both wrong logically, and he can’t accurately point out what part of the Constitution applies, much less identify the type of Government we have is what makes it stupid. Or do you think he is right?

I'm not even familiar with his comments. Nor certainly would I depend on an echo-chamber parrot site like this to tell me. That's all irrelevant. I'm more interested here in the psychology of attacking, denigrating and dehumanizing victims just because they dare stand up for their own lives.

For literally the entire time I've been on this site (and before) I've been pointing out this firearm fetishism that drives this sicko shit. And y'all fetish-parrots keep on proving me right.

You literally proved the OP is correct. Your response was that you have lost all ability to reason.

Jerry Clower, a noted comedian, once put forth an observation. Everyone has an ideal, of what a perfect world would be. That idea is unique, and always has one similarity. Everyone’s point of view is that they themselves, are perfect, and if everyone was more like them, the world would be as perfect as humanly possible.

If you all were more like me, then the world would be better, if not perfect. That is arrogance beyond belief. We all know we can be better, and some of us admit we could be much better. We read, watch documentaries and otherwise try and learn. Yet, the more perfect we see ourselves as, the less we need to learn, the less we need to change. Hogg and the students are in their own eyes, perfect. It’s all of us who are wrong. We aren’t as enlightened, as woke as they are.

All of the visions of the future require one other thing. We all have to give up our rights, and our individuality, to conform to their view.

Hogg has no issue with everyone else giving up their rights, be they the first, or second amendment rights. He denigrates NRA and the members, and the people who support the ideals of the NRA while not actually joining. Yet his favorite Amendment is the First, which among other things protects the right of free association. It is actually peaceably assemble, but you get the idea.

We are free to join any group, and advocate for any cause we like. Just as Hogg is. The difference is what those associations hope to gain. For the NRA, and the supporters of the Second Amendment, they are advocating for their rights under the 2nd Amendment. An Amendment that young Mr. Hogg and the Students haven’t ever heard of, or studied apparently.

History is vital. It tells the story of how we got here. The more history you learn, the smarter choices you can make, and this is the key, the more mistakes you can avoid.

Do I want all of you to be like me? No. One of me is plenty. Mr. Hogg has the first amendment right to say any crazy thing he wants. But the lesson Hogg is learning is this. So does everyone else. I would argue to the limit of my ability for Hogg to be able to speak his mind. I would argue the same for anyone, no matter how much I disagree. I know that principle is not unique, it comes from the world history I’ve studied. Voltaire talked about it much. I’ve quoted the principles of St. Augustine more than once on this board.

I believe what I believe, and I have reasons to believe it, not just an idea, or a feeling. I have a foundation for that belief, which is why I am able to write about the subjects I comment on with some ease, because it’s not just a knee jerk reaction, but a considered opinion. I may be wrong according to you, and I may not be as well read as some others, but that is a failing I am still trying to rectify by reading and studying history. A better understanding of how we got to this point, and a better more complete view going forward. With luck, I’ll be smarter than I ever was just as I die, because I never stopped learning.

Hogg and the students demand that we become more like them, because in their views, they are perfect. When I was a kid, there was a bumper sticker my Mother got and put on her car. It said. “Teenagers, move out of your parents house now, while you still know everything.”

I was once young, and arrogant enough to think I knew it all. We all were. My parents tolerated me some, and corrected my erroneous beliefs often. It’s a shame that young Mr. Hogg hasn’t had the advantage of that kind of care from his parents. Because it will make him a better person, even if after he learns what he is talking about, he continues to disagree with me.

Oh, and the only change I’d make if I was in control of the world. I’d call on the people to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing. Focus on your own life, and you’ll probably be a lot happier.

yes, how dare they not want to be shot at by trash with guns.

they are what is RIGHT about humanity.

NRA shills are what is wrong with it.

The NRA never once bullied the shooters at school, nor did they make them outcasts. The NRA cannot prescribe mood altering drugs because parents don’t want to take control of their children.

Better parenting through prescriptions?

Grow up.

yes, how dare they not want to be shot at by trash with guns.

they are what is RIGHT about humanity.

NRA shills are what is wrong with it.

The NRA never once bullied the shooters at school, nor did they make them outcasts. The NRA cannot prescribe mood altering drugs because parents don’t want to take control of their children.

Better parenting through prescriptions?

Grow up.
Ya, want to understand drug addiction in american just look at the drugging of our children. This is pharmas fault no the schools. It is also the fault of the paqrents that let it happen. I had a teacher suggest my child should go on them and I told the teacher in no uincertain terms that my child would not be placed on class B cocain!

better a gun grabber than a pussy grabber

No it's not! Lets not place policy on the dislike of a president. I am not a trump fan but I am a fan of the constitution!

No it's not! Lets not place policy on the dislike of a president. I am not a trump fan but I am a fan of the constitution!
The constitution ??
Here are all the ways Trump has been accused of violating the Constitution

The constitution ??
Um, did you not see the part of not a Trump fan! You are preaching to the chior! I seperate my leaders from policy. Just because t Trump belives the same way I do on a given policy does not mean I give up that belife nor does it make me take up a side in which he is an oppenent. Every pres since 911 has abused the constitution in ways that are unnatural.

PS. Osama won the second the Patriot act was put into place. Our western freedoms and way of life ended that day!

The constitution ??
Um, did you not see the part of not a Trump fan! You are preaching to the chior! I seperate my leaders from policy. Just because t Trump belives the same way I do on a given policy does not mean I give up that belife nor does it make me take up a side in which he is an oppenent. Every pres since 911 has abused the constitution in ways that are unnatural.

PS. Osama won the second the Patriot act was put into place. Our western freedoms and way of life ended that day!
Yes I did and appreciate any poster who can say as you did not a trump fan You did say you were a fan of the constitution I was posting how he's abused it And policy aside does it not matter how our country and the rest of the world sees him?? From my point of view ,,,not well

Young is exactly what Mr. Hogg is. His views will change with experience. We have a right to be wrong when we are young. Wrong is what he is, there is a reason we have the second ammendment and it was a good one.. I am not concerned that the second ammendment will lose it's teeth. Too many support it.

.Your stats are the very reason this is the safest nation in the world. Duh. Better to have criminals locked up instead of running around lose like that numbskull Jerry Brown out in California is doing for them.

Forum List

Back