Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?

One or two races doesn't address the macro national reputation that has been so richly earned by the Left, by their own actions, over the last decades
I didn't post one or two races. You did.

I think it is very fair to look at one race and ask "What can be done there, then?" It's right on topic.

Maybe someone else will tackle it.

I didn't dismiss any of it. I am trying to talk about, "what next"?

One or two races doesn't address the macro national reputation that has been so richly earned by the Left, by their own actions, over the last decades.

You can dismiss all of it. I'm just relieved to see that not everyone on the Left is.
As long as their are enough of him to keep the Gestapo shaming tactics.... the left may stay exactly where they are.

As long as their are enough of him to keep the Gestapo shaming tactics.... the left may stay exactly where they are.
Same goes for the right.

A governor using the power of his office and of the government punishing a corporation for free speech is a good example.

As is the excommunication of all GOPers who do not lick the butt of the orange slob.

Both sides are riding this bike.

I don't have an answer. This is so ingrained in the Left's identity (pun intended) that it would take a long time to turn around, even if the turnaround started today. And we're nowhere NEAR that happening. Jones is getting roasted, predictably.
And I say you are being somewhat fooled by the idea that "louder" equals "more".

What has been ingrained is the idea that this vocal minority represents the entire left.

The data shows it is not even most.

And yet it is a problem, and on that we will always agree.

The true left is underrepresented in the messaging and the behavior that makes the headlines.

Because they are disillusioned and disenfranchised. They need to get off their asses and be vocal about what should take priority.

That's the solution. What else? There can be no other.

And I say you are being somewhat fooled by the idea that "louder" equals "more".

What has been ingrained is the idea that this vocal minority represents the entire left.

The true left is underrepresented in the messaging and the behavior that makes the headlines.

Because they are disillusioned and disenfranchised. They need to get off their asses and be vocal about what should take priority.

What should take priority?

How about convincing the minority to stop the transgender stuff in schools, stop destroying businesses that offend certain people, stop screaming RACISM at every opportunity, stop trying to cancel people for speaking their minds, stop pushing the notion to our kids that there are no differences between the genders, and stop defending professors who push social issues instead of teaching the actual subject matter in college?

Six small, tiny little insignificant gestures to demonstrate that the Left wants to concentrate on other issues. Seems to me that would be a good start. Then focus on what parents and the working class care about.

How about convincing the minority to stop the transgender stuff in schools, stop destroying businesses that offend certain people, stop screaming RACISM at every opportunity, stop trying to cancel people for speaking their minds, and stop defending professors who push social issues instead of teaching the actual subject matter in college?

Five small, tiny little insignificant gestures to demonstrate that the Left wants to concentrate on other issues. Seems to me that would be a good start. Then focus on what parents and the working class care about.

No, keep it up. We like you right where you are. And no one will forget you made it happen by voting for the people who do this.

Same goes for the right.

A governor using the power of his office and of the government punishing a corporation for free speech is a good example.

As is the excommunication of all GOPers who do not lick the butt of the orange slob.

Not interested in tit for tat fella.
I recognize the rock throwing contest the division'ist have created is getting us nowhere.
Answering every point by a mirror point is a waste of time

How about convincing the minority to stop the transgender stuff in schools, stop destroying businesses that offend certain people, stop screaming RACISM at every opportunity, stop trying to cancel people for speaking their minds, stop pushing the notion to our kids that there are no differences between the genders, and stop defending professors who push social issues instead of teaching the actual subject matter in college
How about that? Should I also pull 100 handkerchiefs out of my ass and turn water to wine?

In the 60s, did we have to convince people to stop telling the kids to tune out and take acid? To stop telling kids to burn their bibles and their bras and tell their parents to fuck right off?

Nope. We merely nudged them so that some of their energy and resources went to supporting actual changes to policy and legislation that aligned with the leftism that was there under the surface.

And voila... what resulted was a profound liberal overhaul of our nation's laws and rights.

Last edited:
How about convincing the minority to stop the transgender stuff in schools, stop destroying businesses that offend certain people, stop screaming RACISM at every opportunity, stop trying to cancel people for speaking their minds, stop pushing the notion to our kids that there are no differences between the genders, and stop defending professors who push social issues instead of teaching the actual subject matter in college?

Six small, tiny little insignificant gestures to demonstrate that the Left wants to concentrate on other issues. Seems to me that would be a good start. Then focus on what parents and the working class care about.
This is where the crazy left has lost themselves. They are so into virtue signaling, it is the only way they know how to measure themselves. To show they are a good person.
This is where the left have to get rid of the far left scourge that they allowed in.
I am a Republican. Solid. An actual Republican, which means I don't support all Republicans.
I want there to be a viable, relevant and centered Democratic Party. I seriously do.
That way I hope the two parties try to "out-center" each other. Either way - we win.

Mac1958

In keeping with the example I have been using...

Do you think any of the women who participated in the women's strike of 1970 had abandoned their previously held ideas of telling young girls to burn their bras and bibles? Of telling them to fuck and marry whomever they liked, whenever they liked? Of telling anyone who would listen about vagina power, and how men are the evil of the world?

Nope. What changed the world was using some of their energy and resources to participate in the strike.

How about that? Should I also pull 100 handkerchiefs out of my ass and turn water to wine?

In the 60s, did we have to convince people to stop telling the kids to tune out and take acid? To stop telling kids to burn their bibles and their bras and tell their parents to fuck right off?

Nope. We merely nudged them so that some of their energy and resources went to supporting actual changes to policy and legislation that aligned with the leftistm that was under the surface.

And voila... what resulted was a profound liberal overhaul of our nation's laws and rights.
Well, just a thought. Those are the types of hot button issues that are turning people off to the Dems.

If they're going to stay, I don't have any other ideas.

Same goes for the right.

You do not understand free speech. But you are a Dim. Free speech means you can say what you want without being censored. Disney said what they wanted. No problem. The issue is people do not have to agree with you. Your speech can have consequences.
Now social media on the other hand censored those on the Right, They still so. Preventing the free exercise of speech is censorship and is unconstitutional. Saying stupid shit and having consequences for it is entirely different.

Understand now?

This is where the crazy left has lost themselves. They are so into virtue signaling, it is the only way they know how to measure themselves. To show they are a good person.
This is where the left have to get rid of the far left scourge that they allowed in.
I am a Republican. Solid. An actual Republican, which means I don't support all Republicans.
I want there to be a viable, relevant and centered Democratic Party. I seriously do.
That way I hope the two parties try to "out-center" each other. Either way - we win.

It's not going to happen. The crazies run the White House, the corporate media, the school system, and big tech.

Every person who voted for a DemoKKKrat in the last 4-5 election cycles is responsible for that, and we need to make sure they know it.

, just a thought. Those are the types of hot button issues that are turning people off to the Dems.
No doubt. But that is no small part due to the exaggeration of their impact by Republicans. Which is a tactic they have ALWAYS used. Always.

The progressives churn out the red meat, and the conservatives cook it to taste and feed it to their base. That's always how it has been and always how it will be.

That's the nature of progressivism and conservatism.

So we should be informing ourselves using history. Because history rhymes, and we have been here before.

It’s also known as pandering to a small but loud minority which shows you really don’t stand for or believe in anything.
Okay, but which policy or law passed by the House shows us this?

Which democratic candidate is running on a trans bathroom platform, or a platform of forcing CRT into local school systems?

If you think your point is salient, then you somewhat demonstrate the exaggeration by the political opposition that I am describing.

No doubt. But that is no small part due to the exaggeration of their impact by Republicans. Which is a tactic they have ALWAYS used. Always.

The progressives churn out the red meat, and the conservatives cook it to taste and feed it to their base. That's always how it has been and always how it will be.

That's the nature of progressivism and conservatism.

So we should be informing ourselves using history. Because history rhymes, and we have been here before.

That's a neat way of taking zero responsibility for the stupid shit your Party is saying and standing up for.

Forum List

Back