Home invasion...thank goodness victims didn't have a gun...grandfather was beaten to death though...

Actually, it's you that had the "nice try".

You were looking for an excuse to dismiss this example of a defensive use of a gun.

You couldn't shake his story, so now you are pretending that the fact that it was "not in the time range" means it should not be considered.

The point of any personal self defense shows that the self defense argument is valid.

As does this one.

Trouble with details of timing do NOT invalidate the lessons of this example.

He claimed 3 Mexicans with a cell phone came to his door in 1990. His story was shaken. He then had to change his story to 12-25 years ago to cover his lie. This change then proved what I have been saying about surveys and false positives. Double win for me.

A minor time inaccuracy after 12 to 25 years is nothing.

That you have used that minor point to accuse him of lying shows that either you are completely ignorant of the limits of eye witness testimony or you are being intellectually dishonest yourself.

YOu come across as well read on this subject. This supports the latter explanation.

That you are afraid to discuss the issue honestly shows that you yourself know that the truth is not your ally.

12-25 years is minor for you? It shouldn't be. Sorry but the time is important as are the details. The time range only grew after he knew he was caught. That puts the whole story into question. And as I said the confusion on time proves my point about the inaccuracy of gun surveys.

No..it proves I dont remember the year it happened because it was a long time ago.
And it also proves you'll ignore words in my original post to try and make points.
You said "around" qualified as plus or minus five years.(which is complete bullshit by the way) So using your "standard":lol: that would put it around 1995 which for all I know that could be right.
So using your own logic where does that put your cell phone fairy tale?

Still very unlikely. I do like how it's 1990 or more recent, but not older. Glad you are clear on that. Older would only make your story more ridiculous.

And who believes a 1982 cutlass made it to 1995?

Well dumbass,since I didnt live in the house before 1990......
What a fuckwit.

He claimed 3 Mexicans with a cell phone came to his door in 1990. His story was shaken. He then had to change his story to 12-25 years ago to cover his lie. This change then proved what I have been saying about surveys and false positives. Double win for me.

That you have used that minor point to accuse him of lying shows that either you are completely ignorant of the limits of eye witness testimony or you are being intellectually dishonest yourself.

YOu come across as well read on this subject. This supports the latter explanation.

That you are afraid to discuss the issue honestly shows that you yourself know that the truth is not your ally.

12-25 years is minor for you? It shouldn't be. Sorry but the time is important as are the details. The time range only grew after he knew he was caught. That puts the whole story into question. And as I said the confusion on time proves my point about the inaccuracy of gun surveys.

3 Mexican looking thugs tried to get into this guys house. He scared them off with a shotgun.

Whether it was 1990 or 2002, doesn't matter.

You do know that such inaccuracies are common in eyewitness accounts taken right after an incident, don't you?

Since they had a cell phone it does matter. He had time to think about when it happened. He should be able to do it accurately within 5 years. When I pointed out how unlikely his story was he then started changing the date to match his story. Sorry but his story is very questionable. If anything actually happened I doubt his version is very accurate. Pretty sure it's was just a poorly thought out lie.

"He had time to think about it when it happened"? What does that mean?

It takes less than a second to notice a detail like that.

How does that indicate that he should be able to recall the date within five years, 25 to 12 years later?

Trying to inflate that into evidence of a lie is what is "very questionable".

You have a vested interest in coming to the "conclusion" that his story is a lie, for that lets you dismiss his point and use it to bolster your own.

But you probably never consider your own human foibles do you? That's something you save to use when it serves your agenda.

This is a message board. He had lots of time to answer. He even questioned why I was asking as I'm sure he was worried about being. Sorry but if he says 25 years ago it should be fairly accurate, not changed after to fit his made up story.

No..it proves I dont remember the year it happened because it was a long time ago.
And it also proves you'll ignore words in my original post to try and make points.
You said "around" qualified as plus or minus five years.(which is complete bullshit by the way) So using your "standard":lol: that would put it around 1995 which for all I know that could be right.

Still very unlikely. I do like how it's 1990 or more recent, but not older. Glad you are clear on that. Older would only make your story more ridiculous.

What a fuckwit.

Yes convenient for you eh? So 25 years ago you moved into the house but this defense relative to that is so fuzzy. Strange.

3 Mexican looking thugs tried to get into this guys house. He scared them off with a shotgun.

Whether it was 1990 or 2002, doesn't matter.

You do know that such inaccuracies are common in eyewitness accounts taken right after an incident, don't you?

Since they had a cell phone it does matter. He had time to think about when it happened. He should be able to do it accurately within 5 years. When I pointed out how unlikely his story was he then started changing the date to match his story. Sorry but his story is very questionable. If anything actually happened I doubt his version is very accurate. Pretty sure it's was just a poorly thought out lie.

As I've told you..there are several threads where I've told this story,and your dumbass wasn't even around back then so dont make yourself out to be special jr.
Because you're far from it..unless you're talking short bus special.

That's great you've been clinging to the lie for a while now.

What a fuckwit.
All Brain wants to do it lie to you.
As such, any time spent on him is wasted.

What a fuckwit.

Yet you can't back that up. Go figure.

What a fuckwit.

Yes convenient for you eh? So 25 years ago you moved into the house but this defense relative to that is so fuzzy. Strange.

Uhhh as I said..it was the year I got married you fuckwit,of course I remember it.

What a fuckwit.

Dudes about to go on ignore.

What a fuckwit.

Uhhh as I said..it was the year I got married you fuckwit,of course I remember it.

And now you claim to have this great memory. So not only did you buy a house but you got married. That is a really solid point of reference. Dig the hole deeper...

What a fuckwit.
Rightly so,. He offers nothing of value to this board.

What a fuckwit.
Rightly so,. He offers nothing of value to this board.

Just facts, statistics, surveys, common sense... You seem to only offer empty claims. Back them up.

What a fuckwit.

And now you claim to have this great memory. So not only did you buy a house but you got married. That is a really solid point of reference. Dig the hole deeper...

What the fuck? You're obviously a single guy living at your mothers house.
No married man wouldnt know the year he got married. And buying your first home at the same time kinda makes it easy to remember.
Had I been robbed that day,I can assure you it would have stuck in my mind as well.

What a fuckwit.

No married man wouldnt know the year he got married. And buying your first home at the same time kinda makes it easy to remember.
Had I been robbed that day,I can assure you it would have stuck in my mind as well.

I know you have a lot of memories from then and a really solid point of reference. Hard to believe with such a strong point of reference you are so wrong about the time of this defense. Your first guess was your first year married and owning a house. Can't hardly believe you'd get that wrong.

What a fuckwit.

I know you have a lot of memories from then and a really solid point of reference. Hard to believe with such a strong point of reference you are so wrong about the time of this defense. Your first guess was your first year married and owning a house. Can't hardly believe you'd get that wrong.

Well jr,when and if the day comes that you move out of your mothers house and get married,maybe you'll be able to grasp that the year you got married is more memorable than the year three mexicans tried to rob you.
But I dont have high hopes for you...

Well jr,when and if the day comes that you move out of your mothers house and get married,maybe you'll be able to grasp that the year you got married is more memorable than the year three mexicans tried to rob you.

Ah deflecting. I have nothing to do with your lie. It's all you and you keep digging deeper. Proving you have extremely solid points of reference is really helping your case. And making up lies about me really shows your character.

Ah deflecting. I have nothing to do with your lie. It's all you and you keep digging deeper. Proving you have extremely solid points of reference is really helping your case. And making up lies about me really shows your character.

Aaaaand it's off to ignore with you...

Brain357, I am guessing that you do acknowledge that there are defensive uses of firearms in the US. While the numbers estimated vary greatly, I think it is obvious that it does, in fact, happen.

What number do you accept as reasonably accurate?

He made up 100,000....says that sounds right....nothing to back it up.....none of the research gets close to that number....

Aaaaand it's off to ignore with you...

Your blatant lies will not be missed. Don't be mad at me, be mad at yourself. First you shouldn't lie. Second you should be smart enough to make up one that is believable.

Brain357, I am guessing that you do acknowledge that there are defensive uses of firearms in the US. While the numbers estimated vary greatly, I think it is obvious that it does, in fact, happen.

He made up 100,000....says that sounds right....nothing to back it up.....none of the research gets close to that number....

You are lying. You are familiar with the ncvs survey.

You are lying. You are familiar with the ncvs survey.

Yes...very familiar with it......it isn't a gun use survey....therefore there is no way it is accurate....the 16 survey's I average are all gun self defense surveys......and the most accurate is Dr. Kleck's........

Forum List

Back