Homosexual marriage very unethical.

I agree.

Government should officiate over Civil Unions to accommodate the logistics (legal issues of tax, property, inheritance, etc.) of committed couples making homes and possibly families together, and the various religions should officiate over rites of Marriage whose significance is personal and spiritual rather than legal.

For the average religious hetero couple, things would be the same as they are now: you'd have a church ceremony to be joined in the eyes of God and also get a legal certificate through a secular process to be joined in the eyes of the state. But it would allow the secular and religious components of our current institution of marriage to operate by different rules; the former would be more free to adapt to ever-changing culture and the later more free to uphold the ancient traditions without butting heads with the laws of the day.

Well I wasn't necessarily stating all of that, what I was saying that these idiots bashing me and religion need to understand that the institution of marriage itself came from religion, so bashing people who oppose sodomite marriage on account of their religious beliefs is stupid because the institution of marriage has religious roots, roots in which it involved only the union between a man and woman, not two male or female sodomites who feel they should be married just like heterosexuals. If these idiotic homosexual defenders want to really bash religion and tell me to keep it to myself they need to also likewise bash the institution of marriage, since marriage actually a religious act that has been adopted by government. So Shogun's comment that:

thankfully, this nation was founded, NOT ON YOUR BIBLE, but on the constitution

Is an outright lie. The instutution of marriage itself does come from the Bible as well as our criminal code of what is right and wrong, like murder, adultery, bigamy, robbery, rape, perjury, etc, those are all based upon religious principles.

Listen you sawed of nut, the act of marriage grew out of religious traditions, not out of government, so something that is a religious act became something that even non-religious people do, so if the government really wants to have a true separation between church and state they would have to limit marriages to those who are in a particular religion.

MARRAIGE grew out of PROPERTY, you fucking loon. What the fuck do you think a dowry is? WHY do you think women get HALF of the PROPERTY and POSSESSION of the kids? WHO THE FUCK is disolving a MARRIAGE for the sake of a congregation to attend?

No, if the gov wants seperation between church and state they will provide equal status under the law DESPITE your retarded fucking bible thumper opinions. Go have your goofy ceremony. No one cares. A COURTHOUSE nuptual is JUST AS relevant as some drawn out white gown affair. by all means, reserve your fred phelpsian cerimony for good white couples, er, good christians. There will always be another option in a capitalist society.

further, dont bray on about the sanctity of marriage when heteros line up every year for weekend weddings in Las Vegas officiated by Elvis or Darth Vader. Your bullshit sky is falling routine just isn't impressive.

Trying to gay up the Bible with gay propaganda Shogun? Is that the level you must stoop to?

Looks like the bible does a fine job gaying up its own pages, dude.. WHY ELSE do you think Jon's dad frowned on the RELATIONSHIP? Loved better than a WOMAN?

just so you know, the next stop on this gay bible parade is LAZARUS... you know.. a MAN that jesus LOVED? Who needed mary and martha when Ole Laz itched the scratch, eh?

Well I wasn't necessarily stating all of that, what I was saying that these idiots bashing me and religion need to understand that the institution of marriage itself came from religion, so bashing people who oppose sodomite marriage on account of their religious beliefs is stupid because the institution of marriage has religious roots, roots in which it involved only the union between a man and woman, not two male or female sodomites who feel they should be married just like heterosexuals. If these idiotic homosexual defenders want to really bash religion and tell me to keep it to myself they need to also likewise bash the institution of marriage, since marriage actually a religious act that has been adopted by government. So Shogun's comment that:
Is an outright lie. The instutution of marriage itself does come from the Bible as well as our criminal code of what is right and wrong, like murder, adultery, bigamy, robbery, rape, perjury, etc, those are all based upon religious principles.

I realize that you think that the earth is only 6k years old and that the OT is the autobiography of early man but, I assure you, marriage predates your particular flavour of thumperness. OUR CRIMINAL CODE COMES DIRECTLY FROM BRITISH COMMON LAW, STUPID.

Indeed, it WOULD be an ignorant ass christian that would assume that humanity just didn't know murder was wrong until moses.

:cuckoo:

For real, dude.. this is the kind of shit that makes me feel like Im a heavyweight champion boxing your special Olympic ass.

Well I wasn't necessarily stating all of that, what I was saying that these idiots bashing me and religion need to understand that the institution of marriage itself came from religion

I don't think most of us have a problem with religion. It's the Th-thump...th-thump of lunatics who think their religion should be imposed on others by way of legislation or any other means.

As for marriage stemming from religion, that's an out-and-out lie. Marriage is something devised by the STATE to establish property rights.

so bashing people who oppose sodomite marriage on account of their religious beliefs is stupid

no one's bashing religion. they're bashing *you*

because the institution of marriage has religious roots, roots in which it involved only the union between a man and woman

or man and women, right? I mean think about Abraham and Isaac... yadda, yadda, yadda....

again, marriage has nothing to do with religion. you're lying...

not two male or female sodomites who feel they should be married just like heterosexuals.

The whole 'sodomites' thang... keep that in your bible class. it has no place in secular society.... which I do believe is the point. What government does has NOTHING to do with your religion.

If these idiotic homosexual defenders want to really bash religion and tell me to keep it to myself they need to also likewise bash the institution of marriage, since marriage actually a religious act that has been adopted by government.

Again, not true... Do you think if you keep repeating it, you make it true?

The instutution of marriage itself does come from the Bible as well as our criminal code of what is right and wrong, like murder, adultery, bigamy, robbery, rape, perjury, etc, those are all based upon religious principles.

That's just nuts.... I don't need to believe in G-d to know murder is wrong. And if you think anyone needs *your* version of G-d to be moral, I'd say the problem is yours.... and not society's.

you know, and I understand the zealotry. I do.

but it's mindblowing to assume that christians invented marriage letalone our legal standard. As if every exaple of Greek hero's doing pennance for murder (Herekles and his labors comes to mind) DIDNT predate the stories of the bible.

what I was saying that these idiots bashing me and religion need to understand that the institution of marriage itself came from religion,

Actually not according to what I've read.

Easrly Christians did not sanction marriage since they assumed the end of the world was coming very soon.

you know, and I understand the zealotry. I do.

but it's mindblowing to assume that christians invented marriage letalone our legal standard. As if every exaple of Greek hero's doing pennance for murder (Herekles and his labors comes to mind) DIDNT predate the stories of the bible.

And, of course. Hera wasn't Zeus' wife b/c that relationship pre-dated Abraham and Sara.

HA!

indeed. they were living in sin up on Mt Olympus. I bet they were liberals.

Shogun's trolling and anti-religious diatribes aside, marriage in the western world is based upon Christian principles of marriage, which was a marriage based upon the union of a man and woman, dowry isn't paid to the family of a man who wants to marry another man, that has never been what marriage is about. Sodomites are simply trying to change the foundations of marriage and the religious principles they are based upon. Sodomites and their supporters will go to hell for their iniquity and stubborness to obey the laws of God.

Looks like the bible does a fine job gaying up its own pages, dude.. WHY ELSE do you think Jon's dad frowned on the RELATIONSHIP? Loved better than a WOMAN?

just so you know, the next stop on this gay bible parade is LAZARUS... you know.. a MAN that jesus LOVED? Who needed mary and martha when Ole Laz itched the scratch, eh?

This is just outright trolling, posting lies and deceptions.

yea yea yea... go tell it on the mountain, nutter.

Don't incite the wrath of the Bass, the whole idea of what is right and wrong along with marriage is based on religious principles, when the Bass says religious principles he means any and all religions. Marriage isn't something that can just apply to any and everyone, since it is a act that incolves a male and female, not people of the same sex.

Don't incite the wrath of the Bass, the whole idea of what is right and wrong along with marriage is based on religious principles, when the Bass says religious principles he means any and all religions. Marriage isn't something that can just apply to any and everyone, since it is a act that incolves a male and female, not people of the same sex.

the WRATH, eh?

im sure it's about as effective as the snake oil and prayer cures your dogma ancestors were fond of hocking at ignorant hayseeds.

and, again, no you are not the last measure of ethics and morals. Greeks were pondering this shit long before your cult came about. Yes, under OUR government, marriage will be available to all despite your nutter objection. You are no better than a southern governor standing in front of black students at a public college, ya goofball.

Any man who thinks two men who shag each other in the butthole should be married is a nutter.

such is your opinion... but, given the rest of your diatribe thus far here at USMB I guess that and a dollar might buy something off of a value meal.

the WRATH, eh?

im sure it's about as effective as the snake oil and prayer cures your dogma ancestors were fond of hocking at ignorant hayseeds.

and, again, no you are not the last measure of ethics and morals. Greeks were pondering this shit long before your cult came about. Yes, under OUR government, marriage will be available to all despite your nutter objection. You are no better than a southern governor standing in front of black students at a public college, ya goofball.

Are you retarded? The Bass said any and *ALL* religions, not just relgion of Christians as stated in the New Testament.

Forum List

Back