Homosexual marriage very unethical.

such is your opinion... but, given the rest of your diatribe thus far here at USMB I guess that and a dollar might buy something off of a value meal.

So you like and approve of the act of two men shagging each other in the butt? Very sick, such is the sickness of neo-liberalism.

and youd still be wrong. Marriage was the product of PROPERTY rights not religion.

but, feel free to launch your, uh, wrath whenever you feel the need, buddy.

So you like and approve of the act of two men shagging each other in the butt? Very sick, such is the sickness of neo-liberalism.

I wont be there so it doesnt matter to me one bit. I don't have the slightest care if two men are married and fuck each other. Indeed, I really give a fuck about your condemnation, ya nutter.

and youd still be wrong. Marriage was the product of PROPERTY rights not religion.

but, feel free to launch your, uh, wrath whenever you feel the need, buddy.

It was based on religion primarily, property rights was secondary and never at any time was it about a union between two people of the same sex. The homos are trying to change the foundations of marriage, not partake of something thats equal.

nope. you are still wrong. PATERNITY and HEREDITY was the driving force behind marriage. Not to mention quelling tribal conflict. You keep fucking this up, dont you?

feel free to throw out names, darkie. They really do help your position.

I wont be there so it doesnt matter to me one bit. I don't have the slightest care if two men are married and fuck each other. Indeed, I really give a fuck about your condemnation, ya nutter.

You do care, otherwise you wouldn't be defending them so strongly, perhaps you wish to join them in one of their butt shagging sessions? Shogun, the more you keep mouthing off, the more you entice the Bass to make an example out of you.

nope. you are still wrong. PATERNITY and HEREDITY was the driving force behind marriage. Not to mention quelling tribal conflict. You keep fucking this up, dont you?

feel free to throw out names, darkie. They really do help your position.

And where does homo "marriage" have a place in this you retard? Its clear marriage was based upon a union between a man and woman, this recent push by a bunch of butt shagging sausage jockeys is a corruption of what marriage really and is. There is no paternity and heredity when two shirt-lifting homos get marriage because they cannot have children, thus they have no one to pass anything on to.

You do care, otherwise you wouldn't be defending them so strongly, perhaps you wish to join them in one of their butt shagging sessions? Shogun, the more you keep mouthing off, the more you entice the Bass to make an example out of you.

Well, I CARE about the application of the CONSTITUTION. That much is true. I don't care if two men fuck each other any more than I care if you writhe on the ground while that voice in your head tells you that jesus wants pancakes for breakfast either. I am secure enough in my sexuality to not only have great gay friends but to laugh at your projection of homosexuality. Indeed, I think you fight so hard to DENY your own cock craving, dude.

but please. make an example out of me, pussy. Stop stuttering your cock gobbler threats and skin those fucking smokestacks if you got 'em. Acting all mean and tough on the internet is PROBABLY not as indicative of your impotence as your gay hating diatribes are PROBABLY not suggesting that you crave the man sausage. Please, if you missed the sarcasm, come and get it, pussy.

And where does homo "marriage" have a place in this you retard? Its clear marriage was based upon a union between a man and woman, this recent push by a bunch of butt shagging sausage jockeys is a corruption of what marriage really and is. There is no paternity and heredity when two shirt-lifting homos get marriage because they cannot have children, thus they have no one to pass anything on to.

How many cultures do you want an example of, dipshit? From homo greeks, to gay roman soldiers to The Beautiful way Samurai you are stone cold fucking wrong.

No, what is clear is that you are an ignorant dogma junkie whose lack of education is blazing through like the sun. RECENT? Are you fucking THAT stupid? Homosexuality is RECENT, eh?

:dig:

marriages have never been solely about procreation you dumb fucking hillbilly. RELATIONSHIPS have never been a hetero monopoly, stupid. It's appalling that id' have to sit here and give you a fucking history lecture but not too surprising given your flat earther mentality.

How many cultures do you want an example of, dipshit? From homo greeks, to gay roman soldiers to The Beautiful way Samurai you are stone cold fucking wrong.

No, what is clear is that you are an ignorant dogma junkie whose lack of education is blazing through like the sun. RECENT? Are you fucking THAT stupid? Homosexuality is RECENT, eh?

:dig:

marriages have never been solely about procreation you dumb fucking hillbilly. RELATIONSHIPS have never been a hetero monopoly, stupid. It's appalling that id' have to sit here and give you a fucking history lecture but not too surprising given your flat earther mentality.

Homosexuality isn't recent but gay so called marriage is you imbecile, learn how to properly read my posts.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh.
In Japan , Shudo (衆道 shudō), the Japanese tradition of age-structured homosexuality was prevalent in samurai society from the medieval period until the end of the 19th century. Shudo, in its pedagogic, martial, and aristocratic aspects, is closely analogous to the ancient Greek tradition of pederasty (paiderastia).

I don't know why, but this made me laugh.

The ever-so-slightly hidden history of Japan's gay samurai

Nighttime. We see a yukata-clad figure slip into a dark room, its floor covered with sleeping bodies. Picking his way over the futons, he heads for one already occupied and, without hesitating, slides under the covers. But as he starts to get comfortable, his quarry turns suddenly and holds a dagger to his throat, asking: "Cry out? Or shall I do it for you?"
"I don't want to die without making love to you," he replies.

Nothing unusual so far, save for the fact that the object of his affections isn't a woman, but an androgynous young man.

The scene is from Nagisa Oshima's 1999 film Gohatto, known overseas by the title Taboo. A staid, marginally engaging samurai drama, it is however notable for focusing on a subject left quietly untouched by other such movies: the samurai tradition of male love.

Set in the dying days of the Tokugawa era, Gohatto tells of a dazzlingly pretty but cold-hearted young man whose induction into a samurai clan causes no end of problems. No sooner has he arrived than his comrades are fighting to court his affections, spouting overripe romanticisms like “I'd give my life to wake to the nightingale's song after holding you in my arms all night long”, or teasing each other about whether they “have that leaning.”

On this evidence, you'd assume that the whole samurai world was gay – a notion that Oshima himself isn't quick to dismiss. “In the past, no one dared touch the subject of homosexuality, whether it was latent or overt,” he said at the time of the film's release. “[But] in my opinion, one cannot understand the world of the samurai without showing the fundamental homosexual aspect."

This isn't historical revisionism. Though modern portraits of the era may try to ignore the fact, homosexuality was in fact widespread amongst the samurai class. Much as the knights of yore had their ladies, the valiant warriors of medieval Japan were apt to take other men as lovers. Such relationships generally developed between adolescents and grown males, often progressing from the sexual to the platonic as the younger man came of age.

Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu and Musashi Miyamoto are just a few of the famous figures known to have had male partners, Nobunaga even dying with his lover at his side. In his seminal book Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan, meanwhile, Gary P. Leupp cites evidence “that at least seven of the 15 Tokugawa shoguns... had well-documented, sometimes very conspicuous, homosexual involvements.”

The Japanese have traditionally had many words for male-male love. It is nanshoku (男色), literally “male colors”; we hear of bido (美道), the beautiful way; or wakashudo (若衆道), the way of the youth (often shortened to just shudo). Importantly, these words are used to describe behaviors rather than identities – which explains why some modern academics are uneasy translating them as more loaded terms such as “homosexuality” and “gay.”

The origins of nanshoku are often traced back to Kukai (aka Kobo Daishi), founder of the Shingon school of Buddhism. Legend has it that, on returning from his travels in Tang China during the early 9th century, Kukai imported not only the Buddhist faith and Chinese script, but also the “way of the youth.” Besides the fact that China enjoys a very long tradition of homosexuality, there's precious little evidence to support this view; all the same, Mount Koya, the headquarters of the Shingon sect, would go on to become synonymous with shudo during the coming centuries.
It wouldn't be alone in that respect: there are numerous references in medieval literature to homosexuality within Buddhist monasteries. Though documents indicate that Kukai himself was unswerving in his vow of chastity, many monks interpreted their own pledges as applying only to heterosexual activity. By all accounts, the isolated, sex-segregated communities became havens of homoeroticism, centering around the young acolytes (chigo) and pages. These boys would be fawned over, dressed in all kinds of finery and placed at center stage in elaborate monastic ceremonies. Sometimes, they would enter into relationships with the older monks – although the emphasis was said to be as much on education and companionship as it was on sex.
When Jesuit missionaries pitched up in the late 16th century, they were appalled, not just at what the monks were getting up to, but also how blithely the general population accepted it. Father Francis Cabral wrote in a letter in 1596 that such “abominations of the flesh... [are] regarded in Japan as quite honorable; men of standing entrust their sons to the bonzes to be instructed in such things, and at the same time to serve their lust.”

By this point, though, the practice of shudo had been adopted by an altogether different group: the samurai. Following the monks' example, many samurai became involved in pederastic relationships, a mature warrior taking an attractive adolescent male as his lover. The relationship would start at an early age, usually finishing with the youth's coming-of-age ceremony, which occurred when he was eighteen or nineteen.

If you read that and think “pedophilia”, you wouldn't be the first. Yet what seems shocking to a modern, Western audience was idealized and even encouraged in medieval Japan. Not only did the warrior class have little contact with women: the flourishing of homosexuality went hand-in-hand with rampant misogyny. The fairer sex were treated as anything but – popular wisdom held that women were for breeding, not pleasure, and men who spent too long in their company risked becoming soft and effeminate. By contrast, same-sex relationships were seen as purer, even more desirable. The closest analogy would be Ancient Greece, whose culture of pederasty was underpinned by similar beliefs.

The importance of shudo extended beyond satisfying carnal urges, too: for the youth, it was seen as an important stepping stone to adulthood – and a successful career. As academic Paul Schalow writes: “They were not primarily sexual relationships but included education, social backing and emotional support. Together [the partners] vowed to uphold samurai ideals. Samurai status was thus strengthened by a well-chosen match.” Though sexual activity may cease when the youth came of age, the relationships would often persist, developing into lifelong companionship. However, taking a male partner did not prevent a samurai from subsequently marrying – as mentioned before, homosexuality was seen as a behavior, not an identity.

Tsunetomo Yamamoto's Hagakure (literally “hidden behind the leaves”), an 18th century manual viewed by many as the apotheosis of samurai philosophy, contains a number of references to shudo. “Samurais have to bear the following in mind,” it says; “a good 'wife' never meets a second 'husband.' The object of your love is one for life. Otherwise, you are the same as a prostitute. Too shameful for a samurai.”

Indeed, shudo was only seen as objectionable insofar as it could lead to conflicts or public disgrace. There were few attempts to regulate homosexual behavior, but those that did focused on the potential for violence or public disorder, rather than any perceived degeneracy.

The Hagakure highlights another problem, this one of a more philosophical nature: the potential conflict of interest between serving one's lord and one's lover. It recounts a conversation between Ryotetsu Hoshino, “the pioneer of the homosexual relationship in our country”, and his student Edayoshi. When asked what he thinks of shudo, Edayoshi replies – much to the pleasure of his teacher – that “it is something to like and yet not to like.” Later, he expounds on this: “The secret of this art is to throw away your life for your partner; otherwise your relationship will be shameful. But if you do throw away your life for your partner, then there is no life anymore to devote to your Lord himself. That's why I answered in such a manner.”

During the Tokugawa era (1603-1867), the joys of homosexuality filtered into popular culture, finding an enthusiastic promoter in Ihara Saikaku, a popular 17th century poet and writer. In collections like The Great Mirror of Male Love, Saikaku extolled the virtues of male love, telling of trysts between beautiful youths and brave warriors, often culminating in the inevitable (and oh-so-romantic) seppuku. Though undoubtedly homoerotic, these tales downplayed the sexual side of the relationships, emphasizing instead the dedication and purity of those involved.
In one story, 'They Loved Each Other even to Extreme Age', Ihara sums up the prevalent thoughts of the time in a slightly tongue-in-cheek aside: “Male love is essentially different from the ordinary love of a man and a woman; and that is why a Prince, even when he has married a Princess, cannot forget his pages. Woman is a creature of absolutely no importance; but sincere pederastic love is true love.”

All good things come to an end, of course, and the same was true of shudo. The Tokugawa era brought with it a long period of peace – leading to the decline of the warrior class, and with them the ideals that they valued so highly. The merchant class warmed to the ways of male love, but they did things differently, vying for the attentions of popular kabuki actors or, failing that, prostitutes. The lofty ideals of the samurai version of shudo were abandoned in favor of straight-up sex. As Gary Leupp writes: “For the merchants and artisans of Tokugawa cities, male-male sex became largely a commercial transaction devoid of the commitments required by earlier traditions of male homosexuality.”

When the Meiji restoration brought with it a tide of Westernization, this was but the death knell of an already dying tradition. Homophobia came bundled with the more enlightened strands of Western thought entering the country and, in an effort to appear more “civilized” to the outside world, authorities drove homosexuality underground, even briefly criminalizing it from 1873 to 1881. Though attitudes would thaw again, the heyday of shudo would never return – well, how could it? Times change, and in today's Japan pederasty feels about as likely to make a comeback as the samurai themselves.

Still, the history of the gay samurai lingers on, a salutary reminder that what passes for conventional these days wasn't always considered so. And if nothing else, it's a great one to slip into conversation the next time you hear someone singing the praises of Japan's legendary warriors. “Yes, but did you know...?”

Seek Japan :: The Beautiful Way

Well, I CARE about the application of the CONSTITUTION. That much is true. I don't care if two men fuck each other any more than I care if you writhe on the ground while that voice in your head tells you that jesus wants pancakes for breakfast either. I am secure enough in my sexuality to not only have great gay friends but to laugh at your projection of homosexuality. Indeed, I think you fight so hard to DENY your own cock craving, dude.

Where in the Consitution does it say anything about gays having the right to marry? They want to change the Constitution to suit their buuthole banditry. As for the Bass being gay you are under a :

de·lu·sion

3. a false belief or opinion:

4. Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact

but please. make an example out of me, pussy. Stop stuttering your cock gobbler threats and skin those fucking smokestacks if you got 'em. Acting all mean and tough on the internet is PROBABLY not as indicative of your impotence as your gay hating diatribes are PROBABLY not suggesting that you crave the man sausage. Please, if you missed the sarcasm, come and get it, pussy.

Fallacy: Personal Attack

Also Known as: Ad Hominem Abusive.

Description of Personal Attack
A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims. This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the attack is directed at the person making the claim and not the claim itself. The truth value of a claim is independent of the person making the claim. After all, no matter how repugnant an individual might be, he or she can still make true claims.

Not all ad Hominems are fallacious. In some cases, an individual's characteristics can have a bearing on the question of the veracity of her claims. For example, if someone is shown to be a pathological liar, then what he says can be considered to be unreliable. However, such attacks are weak, since even pathological liars might speak the truth on occasion.

In general, it is best to focus one's attention on the content of the claim and not on who made the claim. It is the content that determines the truth of the claim and not the characteristics of the person making the claim.

Amongst your ranting and personal attacks, the Bass senses hurt feelings, here's a report for you to fill out, poor poor Shogun:

169f1tz.jpg

The Bass isn't in the mood to own you anymore, just stop it.

Your wiki source lies, there is no evidence of homosexuality being accepted and cultivated in Ancient Egypt, keep that butt banditry confined to Europe and out of Africa.

Where in the Consitution does it say anything about gays having the right to marry? They want to change the Constitution to suit their buuthole banditry. As for the Bass being gay you are under a :

read the ninth amendment you cum drinking sphincter pirate.

de·lu·sion
3. a false belief or opinion:
4. Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact

Where in the Constitution does it say you can log onto the internet, dipshit? You should expect your epiphany any second now.

Fallacy: Personal Attack
Also Known as: Ad Hominem Abusive.
Description of Personal Attack
A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims. This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the attack is directed at the person making the claim and not the claim itself. The truth value of a claim is independent of the person making the claim. After all, no matter how repugnant an individual might be, he or she can still make true claims.

Not all ad Hominems are fallacious. In some cases, an individual's characteristics can have a bearing on the question of the veracity of her claims. For example, if someone is shown to be a pathological liar, then what he says can be considered to be unreliable. However, such attacks are weak, since even pathological liars might speak the truth on occasion.

In general, it is best to focus one's attention on the content of the claim and not on who made the claim. It is the content that determines the truth of the claim and not the characteristics of the person making the claim.

MYAWWWWW.... watsa matter, pussy? is it time to put on your "im a victim" tie and cry to the mods?

:lol::lol::lol:

Amongst your ranting and personal attacks, the Bass senses hurt feelings, here's a report for you to fill out, poor poor Shogun:

id suggest you change the batteries in your psychic machine if you think i give a damn about your posts enough to have my feeling hurt. Then again, given your reputation of bullshit posts it doesn't really shock me that you'd be wrong about ONE MORE THING.

:cool:

The Bass isn't in the mood to own you anymore, just stop it.

Apparently, the ASS isn't in the mood to BE pwnded left and right by the Shogun of USMB. Again, what happened to the "im a bad ass and am gonna make you pay" crap that you thought was impressive yesterday?

Being Old and Impotent just isnt working out for you, it seems.

Your wiki source lies, there is no evidence of homosexuality being accepted and cultivated in Ancient Egypt, keep that butt banditry confined to Europe and out of Africa.

ONE MORE TIME, you are a fucking idiot who wouldn't know historically valid evidence if it came and made your dreams of being white for a day come true.

hey, as a matter of fact EVEN BLACK MEN ENJOY THE COCK TOO.

But, you knew that already with your "down low" lifestyle, didn't ya?

read the ninth amendment you cum drinking sphincter pirate.

:lol:

ALL ABOARD THE HISTORY EXPRESS CHOOOOO FUCKING CHOOOOOO!

American Anthropologist
December 1970, Vol. 72, No. 6, pp. 1428-1434
Posted online on October 26, 2004.

Male and female homosexual relationship seems to have been common among the Azande in past times. Between males it was approved of in the bachelor military companies. Between females it is said to have been a frequent, though highly disapproved of, practice in polygamous homes

AnthroSource | American Anthropologist - 72(6):1428 - Abstract

Forum List

Back