Hous Repblicns Wrong On Intrnet Sales Tax Bill!

I hope liberals realize this tax hurts the poor more than the rich. It is the same % for everyone regardless of income.

This tax helps the poor by retaining jobs in brick and mortar stores.

Why give preferential treatment to cyber mouse clicks?

Fuck that shit.

If you want to exempt internet sales from sales taxes, then also do away with point-of-sale taxes.

I hope liberals realize this tax hurts the poor more than the rich. It is the same % for everyone regardless of income.

Fuck that shit.

If you want to exempt internet sales from sales taxes, then also do away with point-of-sale taxes.

More taxing means people have less to spend. Which means fewer sales for everyone. Which means fewer jobs.

This will be another shot in the foot of the economy thanks to our politicians.

The tax-free holiday is over folks. Get over it.

Why do you think the USPS is in its death throes?

Brick and mortar can not compete with the click of a mousy-shmousy.

Cyber-commercial bullying is killing retail America.

Fuck that shit.

More taxing means people have less to spend. Which means fewer sales for everyone. Which means fewer jobs.

Oh, woe is me! I'm going to pay an extra 5% - 8%... fuck it - 10% by purchasing online instead of getting my fat fucking ass out the front door and going to a brick and mortar to buy the same shit.

End of the world folks. :lol:

Hurting internet business could be the last nail in the coffin of the USPS. Less internet sales equals less shipping.

Yes Walmart is having soooo much trouble competing.

Fuck that shit.

Oh, woe is me! I'm going to pay an extra 5% - 8%... fuck it - 10% by purchasing online instead of getting my fat fucking ass out the front door and going to a brick and mortar to buy the same shit.

You must be very well off. Lots of people are having trouble getting by in this economy. They can't afford for purchases to go up 5-10%.

Hurting internet business could be the last nail in the coffin of the USPS. Less internet sales equals less shipping.

Do you work for Brain Capital? Funny, since you don't seem to have one.

Internet sales are taxable events, just the same as if you walk into a storefront and make a purchase.

What's more expensive and labor-intensive... building a $10 million retail establishment, staffing it, maintaining it, overheading it... or hiring a stupid fat fuck to sit at a keyboard taking phone orders?

You must be very well off. Lots of people are having trouble getting by in this economy. They can't afford for purchases to go up 5-10%.

Queue the violins. You're fucking killing me here. :lol:

You must be very well off... your rocker.

Do you work for Brain Capital? Funny, since you don't seem to have one.

Internet sales are taxable events, just the same as if you walk into a storefront and make a purchase.

What's more expensive and labor-intensive... building a $10 million retail establishment, staffing it, maintaining it, overheading it... or hiring a stupid fat fuck to sit at a keyboard taking phone orders?

You seem to not understand the economy very well.

A good internet business is not just a guy sitting at a keyboard. You need to have IT, purchasing, accounting, warehousing...

You obviously care very little about the poor.

Internet sales have had a tax-free holiday and are using it to make a killing... while killing off the brick and mortars.

I'll tell you what I am... I'm well off in the sense that I put value into my community by supporting local businesses. By physically walking through their front doors and buying off of their shelves, and paying sales tax on my purchases. When you "walk" into a cyber-store you better sure as fuck be prepared to pay those same sales taxes. You cheap fuck.

Internet sales have had a tax-free holiday and are using it to make a killing... while killing off the brick and mortars.

I'll tell you what I am... I'm well off in the sense that I put value into my community by supporting local businesses. By physically walking through their front doors and buying off of their shelves, and paying sales tax on my purchases. When you "walk" into a cyber-store you better sure as fuck be prepared to pay those same sales taxes. You cheap fuck.

I buy locally all the time. I pay a little more to buy locally. But local stores don't always have what I want. And some local stores charge obscene prices. Not being rich like you I can't afford to get hosed. I still don't see how Walmart is getting killed.

Most everyone buys on the internet. If this passes everyone will then be paying more for the same stuff. They will then have less money than before and hence less to spend. All businesses will be hurt. Consumers having less to spend is bad for all.

I've spent more years of my life "poor" than I care to count. To the point that I no longer fear the notion. I am and will always be wealthy beyond my dreams... a decent wife and four happy healthy children. You however care little for the real generators of jobs in this country, you pansy-ass cyber econo-crime bully

A goddamn sales tax does not make the difference between having that shiny internet bauble and going hungry.

I've spent more years of my life "poor" than I care to count. To the point that I no longer fear the notion. I am and will always be wealthy beyond my dreams... a decent wife and four happy healthy children. You however care little for the real generators of jobs in this country, you pansy-ass cyber econo-crime bully

A goddamn sales tax does not make the difference between having that shiny internet bauble and going hungry.

Being able to get deals online helps poor people. Taxing these purchases hurts poor people. Our economy is very fragile right now and this would hurt it. A strong economy would help everyone, so why hurt the economy? You really want that many more Walmart jobs eh?

I buy locally all the time. I pay a little more to buy locally. But local stores don't always have what I want. And some local stores charge obscene prices. Not being rich like you I can't afford to get hosed. I still don't see how Walmart is getting killed.

Most everyone buys on the internet. If this passes everyone will then be paying more for the same stuff. They will then have less money than before and hence less to spend. All businesses will be hurt. Consumers having less to spend is bad for all.

You've been getting hosed since this thread was created.

If your local stores don't have what you want, then go without... or pony up the sales tax to buy your blow-up dolls online.

If this bill passes, everyone will be paying the SAME. And the brick and mortars will be on an even playing field with the fat fucks clicking their mouses taking internet orders.

Selling the same product for less money while providing jobs for workers is bullying? What about global warming? Think of all the greenhouse gasses you won't be putting in the atmosphere when you shop at home. Yes, I am being sarcastic about the greenhouse effects but I'm sure some idiot will make that point. I'm still not sure how creating a better product is bullying though.
Did you newspaper bully the town crier?
Did the internet bully the newspapers?
Did the Greyhound bus bully the stage coach?
Did the T.V. bully the radio?
Did Ford bully the horse?
There is no bullying going on. The only thing that's going on is entrepreneurs inventing superior products at a lower price while creating jobs. Ya know, the one thing our government seems incapable of doing due to corruption and incompetence. The government of course is trying to leech on anything that is successful to pay for it's own obesity. For any working class moron who thought the government was only going to tax the wealthy better buy a jar of vaseline while he has enough money left (preferably over the internet... it's cheaper).

Last edited:

You've been getting hosed since this thread was created.

If your local stores don't have what you want, then go without... or pony up the sales tax to buy your blow-up dolls online.

If this bill passes, everyone will be paying the SAME. And the brick and mortars will be on an even playing field with the fat fucks clicking their mouses taking internet orders.

Everyone will be poorer because of new taxes. This will slow the economy and all businesses will hurt. The poor will be paying more for the same items, making them poorer.

Fuck that shit.

Wow...A giant leap.

Selling the same product for less money while providing jobs for workers is bullying? What about global warming? Think of all the greenhouse gasses you won't be putting in the atmosphere when you shop at home. Yes, I am being sarcastic about the greenhouse effects but I'm sure some idiot will make that point. I'm still not sure how creating a better product is bullying though.
Did you newspaper bully the town crier?
Did the internet bully the newspapers?
Did the Greyhound bus bully the stage coach?
Did the T.V. bully the radio?
Did Ford bully the horse?
There is no bullying going on. The only thing that's going on is entrepreneurship inventing superior products at a lower price while creating jobs. Ya know, the one thing our government seems incapable of doing due to corruption and incompetence. The government of course is trying to leach on anything that is successful to pay for it's own obesity. For any working class moron who thought the government was only going to tax the wealthy better buy a jar of vaseline while he has enough money left (preferably over the internet... it's cheaper).

Did video kill the radio star?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTT3-vA25Zk]The Buggles, Video Killed The Radio Star (With Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

I think not. Radio has survived the onslaught of MTV, iTunes, etc. because of enforcement of copyright and royalty law. Such enforcement maintained (to a degree) an even playing field.

And this is precisely what sales taxes on internet transactions will do.

I'd rather a poor pimple faced kid retain his/her job in a brick and mortar than see it supplanted by some fat fuck sitting at a monitor making mouse clicks.

For what? A 5%-10% savings on purchases? And you think that will drive our population into poverty? :lol:

Forum List

Back